Static Shock Vs Cole Mcgrath (Infamous 2)

• 99 results
unrealgamer38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By unrealgamer38

No morals, No prep, Battle takes place In empire City.

spawn devil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By spawn devil

Guessing Cole.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Static Shock

What new powers does Cole have?

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BatteredArmor

Does no morals mean evil cole cause i beat the game with evil cole and as much as i like static he doesnt have a chance now versus good cole his chances go up alot
Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Blood_guts

Good cole has ice powers. his ionic freeze takes out about a block with spikes and freezing. he could freeze him easy and if not he could release way more electricity on static than static could on cole. however i think this is a stomp because static isn't hurt by electricity and cole is healed by it. in addition cole has either frost or fire as well and therefore he massacres static. even if static can get into melee cole has his amp which should easily take out static.

Avatar image for death_certificate
Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Death Certificate

Still going with Static
Taliax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Taliax

Their lightning alone can not hurt one another, so Cole's weakness to water and and his other powers of fire and ice will have to be the determining factor. Outside of fire and ice powers Virgil and Cole are almost identical power set wise. 50/50 battle

Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Blood_guts

does static do anything but use electricity?

Solanis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Solanis

Well Static does have that pole thing and his flying disk. Cole can't fly. All Static has to do is hover a good distance off the ground and he's pretty much untouchable, seeing as how Cole's only long range powers are electric, and static isn't hurt by electricity at all.

My vote goes to static by the way. All he has to do is find a water source and the fight is over.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cattlebattle

Statics more powerful he wins.

though Cole is cooler in my opinion

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Played through InFamous 2. He's powerful, but I think Static is more intelligent with the use of his powers. He also has more experience.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By NightFang3

Static.

Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Blood_guts
@Solanis said:
Well Static does have that pole thing and his flying disk. Cole can't fly. All Static has to do is hover a good distance off the ground and he's pretty much untouchable, seeing as how Cole's only long range powers are electric, and static isn't hurt by electricity at all.  My vote goes to static by the way. All he has to do is find a water source and the fight is over.
Thats not true at all 
1. cole can hover for a considerably long time and he can propel himself upwards with an ice spike. also he can grapple with an electric tether 
2. he can launch a shotgun spread of ice shards or freeze grenades as well as ice rockets. one of his first powers is picking up and launching cars lol
Darkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Darkerman

Cole

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By isaac_clarke
@Static Shock said:
What new powers does Cole have?
Depends on the Cole, evil or good? 
Evil Cole: 
Good Cole: 
Solanis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Solanis
@Blood_guts said:
@Solanis said:
Well Static does have that pole thing and his flying disk. Cole can't fly. All Static has to do is hover a good distance off the ground and he's pretty much untouchable, seeing as how Cole's only long range powers are electric, and static isn't hurt by electricity at all.  My vote goes to static by the way. All he has to do is find a water source and the fight is over.
Thats not true at all 1. cole can hover for a considerably long time and he can propel himself upwards with an ice spike. also he can grapple with an electric tether 2. he can launch a shotgun spread of ice shards or freeze grenades as well as ice rockets. one of his first powers is picking up and launching cars lol
I've beaten inFamous 2 twice. I know exactly what he can do. What will Cole lightning tether to when Static is floating in the air? His board? Static can simply move out of the way. And about the ice shards you're still not factoring in Static's flight. Again, he'll simply move out of the way. And his static thrusters, even when upgraded, come nowhere close to being considered hovering. Cole loses or it's a stalemate simply because Cole can't hit static.
Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Blood_guts
@Solanis: no prep how would he know to run away? cole could just spike him from the start, thats my tactic. i always open with a shard blast but static always opens with something electric.  

side note why is everyone asuming that if static sees water cole will just leap in?
Solanis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Solanis
@Blood_guts said:
@Solanis: no prep how would he know to run away? cole could just spike him from the start, thats my tactic. i always open with a shard blast but static always opens with something electric.   side note why is everyone asuming that if static sees water cole will just leap in?
Im pretty sure he doesn't need prep to know to move out of the way. If some guy with powers shot an ice shard at me assuming I wasn't frozen in a "WTF!" state i'd move. And because static can control the direction of the water with his powers. He did it in the TV show. Static Shock also doesn't have to recharge very often at all.
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By isaac_clarke
@Solanis said:
I've beaten inFamous 2 twice. I know exactly what he can do. What will Cole lightning tether to when Static is floating in the air? His board? Static can simply move out of the way. And about the ice shards you're still not factoring in Static's flight. Again, he'll simply move out of the way. And his static thrusters, even when upgraded, come nowhere close to being considered hovering. Cole loses or it's a stalemate simply because Cole can't hit static.
Cole can hit Static, especially Evil Cole who would likely beat him without much trouble if he was really as powerful as the Evil ending made him. 
He continued where the Beast left off and finished the job, the evil ending made him look like the Conduit Messiah.
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By isaac_clarke
@Solanis said:
Im pretty sure he doesn't need prep to know to move out of the way. If some guy with powers shot an ice shard at me assuming I wasn't frozen in a "WTF!" state i'd move. And because static can control the direction of the water with his powers. He did it in the TV show. Static Shock also doesn't have to recharge very often at all.
The guy feeds off the power grid itself and again going by the evil ending, he should be quite independent on power at that point.
Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Blood_guts
@Solanis:  true enough but its not one ice shard its allot more like 30 and you can shoot rapid fire. theres really no way to aim and no need to youll hit something 

Ways cole macgrath can hit static shock 
1. redirect  missile 
2. machine gun bolts (has a lot of knockback)
3. magnum shot that works like a laser in terms of speed 
4. precision shot that lets him slow down time and works like a sniper (has knockback) 
5. sticky rocket could blast him off his board 
6. he can make an ionic tornado 
Solanis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Solanis

Evil Future Cole wins without a doubt.. But this isn't evil future cole.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Static barely
Belphegor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Belphegor

Static got this for sure. Not only is Static a pimp, but he is a smart pimp. He will find a difficult way to put Cole in his place.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Skaddix
@Blood_guts said:
@Solanis:  true enough but its not one ice shard its allot more like 30 and you can shoot rapid fire. theres really no way to aim and no need to youll hit something  Ways cole macgrath can hit static shock 1. redirect  missile 2. machine gun bolts (has a lot of knockback)3. magnum shot that works like a laser in terms of speed 4. precision shot that lets him slow down time and works like a sniper (has knockback) 5. sticky rocket could blast him off his board 6. he can make an ionic tornado 
Static can make Electromagnetic shields and can magnetize metal. Metal weapons are a waste of time against static. Its not going to work at all.
Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Blood_guts
@Skaddix said:
@Blood_guts said:
@Solanis:  true enough but its not one ice shard its allot more like 30 and you can shoot rapid fire. theres really no way to aim and no need to youll hit something  Ways cole macgrath can hit static shock 1. redirect  missile 2. machine gun bolts (has a lot of knockback)3. magnum shot that works like a laser in terms of speed 4. precision shot that lets him slow down time and works like a sniper (has knockback) 5. sticky rocket could blast him off his board 6. he can make an ionic tornado 
Static can make Electromagnetic shields and can magnetize metal. Metal weapons are a waste of time against static. Its not going to work at all.
Who said anything about metal????? none of cole's attacks use metal. he makes guns explode when he touches them. have you ever played infamous one or two?
Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Skaddix

Sorry u said missile I forgot. Played 1 not 2 yet.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By isaac_clarke
@Solanis said:
Evil Future Cole wins without a doubt.. But this isn't evil future cole.
Depends how one takes moraless Cole, because I was slaughtering people in the streets for no damn reason to up that infamous meter and the ending of the evil campaign gave him that power.
Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Blood_guts
@Skaddix: yeah those are the names of the electric attacks not actuall missiles lol. i should have clarified. you should know though hes REALLY weak in infamous one, i would say he can just about handle vulture and kick-ass at the end of one hahaha.  

and since you have no idea what im on about I'll clarify. the redirect missile is a shockwave/explosion that is redirected with a shot from another power. so if he launches like ten missiles then fires off the machine gun electric thing (or any other of the ones i listed) he should be able to knock him off his board then impale him with the ionic freeze attack.
Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Skaddix

Right assuming it goes through the EM shield and static is flying close enough.

Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ways cole macgrath can hit static shock 
1. redirect  missile  

You do realise that static has electromagnetism right? or he could block it with his sheilds

2. machine gun bolts (has a lot of knockback)

Static is immune to lightning it wouldn't hurt him 

3. magnum shot that works like a laser in terms of speed  

Video please 

4. precision shot that lets him slow down time and works like a sniper (has knockback) 

That's just gameplay mechanics, granted it shows that he has fast reflexs, but again static can simply block it with his sheilds. 

5. sticky rocket could blast him off his board   

I doubt it 
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Static Shock
@Death Certificate said: 
 Static is immune to lightning it wouldn't hurt him 
Electrical attacks do hurt him, if he's not ready to absorb or block them.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Static Shock
@Solanis said:
Well Static does have that pole thing and his flying disk. 
Pole thing? 

@Solanis said:
 static isn't hurt by electricity at all.  
@Taliax said:
Their lightning alone can not hurt one another,
Static can be hurt by electricity if he's not ready to absorb or block it. It's happened more than once. 

@Solanis said:
And because static can control the direction of the water with his powers. He did it in the TV show.
The comic book version has never done this. The cartoon, as stated by McDuffie, is a different continuity.
Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock
I remember watching the cartoon and joker tried using that joybuzzer against static, unless in the comics it's a different story.
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

How durable is Static's shields? I am thinking they can probably handle whatever Cole throws at him but I don't know that much about Static.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Static Shock

Seems like the main DC Universe is adopting pieces of the DCAU, though.
Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Skaddix

hmm it will be interesting to see what levels he is at in his new solo.

Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Blood_guts

I really don't see how static can win. he heals his enemy? cole doesn't have to use electricity!!! he could use ice or fire and wipe out static. the shard blast in particular would be impossible with repeated uses to dodge. (he sends out a spread of a couple dozen shards of ice in a wide spread)

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Static Shock
@Death Certificate said:
@Static Shock: I remember watching the cartoon and joker tried using that joybuzzer against static, unless in the comics it's a different story.
Not saying he can't absorb electricity. Just saying it can hurt if he's not ready for it. 

@JediXMan said:
@Static Shock:   Seems like the main DC Universe is adopting pieces of the DCAU, though.
Either way, the comic book version isn't exactly the same as the animated version. 

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
How durable is Static's shields?
Depends.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Static Shock
@Blood_guts said:
I really don't see how static can win. he heals his enemy? cole doesn't have to use electricity!!! he could use ice or fire and wipe out static. the shard blast in particular would be impossible with repeated uses to dodge. (he sends out a spread of a couple dozen shards of ice in a wide spread)
What is ice and fire going to do against electromagnetic shields? He's already shown to block fire from Holocaust. Pretty sure he can block ice shards, too.
Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Blood_guts
@Static Shock: just because he has a shield doesn't mean it can't break. even magneto's shields have their limit. 

also static can't harm cole. 
cole can harm static it's just difficult 
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Static Shock
@Blood_guts said:

@Static Shock: just because he has a shield doesn't mean it can't break. even magneto's shields have their limit.

I've never seen Magneto's shields break before (he's taken shots from Thor's hammer, a blast from Captain Universe, etc, etc), so I don't know where you're going with this. Ice shards don't generate enough force to make Static's shields break. It would be like blocking bullets from automatic firearms; Static has done that. The effect on the shield is negligible.  

Just because it is a shield doesn't mean that Cole has the means to break through it. 
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Static Shock
@Blood_guts said:
How come? I'm pretty sure Cole gets hurt by everything else in both Infamous and Infamous 2.
Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Blood_guts
 @Static Shock said:
@Blood_guts said:
How come? I'm pretty sure Cole gets hurt by everything else in both Infamous and Infamous 2.
you get healed if you're struck by lightning and you can stand on high tension wires I'm pretty sure he can't get hurt by electricity.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Static Shock said:

@JediXMan said:
@Static Shock:   Seems like the main DC Universe is adopting pieces of the DCAU, though.
Either way, the comic book version isn't exactly the same as the animated version. 

True.
Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Static Shock should win.
Even though Cole has ice manipulation in Infamous 2.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Blood_guts said:
 @Static Shock said:
@Blood_guts said:
you get healed if you're struck by lightning and you can stand on high tension wires I'm pretty sure he can't get hurt by electricity.
He was hurt by Kessler, no?
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Static Shock
@Blood_guts said:

With the benefit of electromagnetism, objects (larges rocks, cars, debris, etc) can be tossed at him. Besides, in the first Infamous game, you had to absorb electricity from nearby power sources to heal Cole. Getting struck by lightning in order to heal is a different situation (since lightning moves very fast, making it difficult to absorb), and I'm pretty sure he would get hurt by electricity if he isn't ready to absorb it.
Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Blood_guts
@JediXMan: I honestly cant remember if kessler attacks.  i only got hit by his constructs although i did really well in that fight so idk if i just blitzed him. also kessler i remember pulls you with force stuff and teleports so he could have different powers due to it being an alternate time line.
@Static Shock said:

@Blood_guts said:

With the benefit of electromagnetism, objects (larges rocks, cars, debris, etc) can be tossed at him. Besides, in the first Infamous game, you had to absorb electricity from nearby power sources to heal Cole. Getting struck by lightning in order to heal is a different situation (since lightning moves very fast, making it difficult to absorb), and I'm pretty sure he would get hurt by electricity if he isn't ready to absorb it.
I got hit by lightning by accident in infamous 2 and it saved me in the middle of a fight 
also with the help of electro magnetism cole could also throw large rocks and cars at static and cole could bounce back anything that is launched at him
Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Skaddix

Static can magnetize Cole to the ground.