Star Wars vs Star Trek

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kinasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kinasin

Who wins when two universes collide for the ultimate test of survival.........
"characters still retain who they are and how they act in their own respected universes"

mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By mavfan626

Star Wars!

Jayso4201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Jayso4201

star wars
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By dane

WARS!

SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By SuperTide

Star Trek

Kinasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kinasin

anyone wanna explain there reason for who wins :)

SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By SuperTide

I just think Picard and Kirk are smarter than Star Wars' leaders.

WoundingFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WoundingFactor

Probably the universe that has high technology and scary magic

Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Tevnoba

This has been done many times before and on many different sites (This one included).  Star Wars has better Tech, but Star Trek has the "Q" Continuum, which overpowers the Force - easily.  With the "Q" Star Trek wins, otherwise Star Wars wins.

Dark Noldor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1014

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Dark Noldor

Star Wars

xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xan84

There are more then one race in ST that would stomp all over SW. 

Also contrary to popular believes  ST has better tech (not in all areas but most of them).
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By texasdeathmatch

This is like, the ultimate nerd debate

xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xan84
@texasdeathmatch said:
"This is like, the ultimate nerd debate "

WoW you are on a comic book forum and you are calling other people nerds ...
Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Video_Martian

STAR WARS!!!!!!!!!

ironshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ironshadow

Star Trek because of Q, Borg, Species 8472, red matter, time travel etc. 

Jeronimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jeronimo
I LOVE Star Wars BUT: 

@ironshadow
said:
"Star Trek because of Q, Borg, Species 8472, red matter, time travel etc.  "
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hellos

I want to say Star Wars, WAY MORE SHIPS, WAY FASTER SHIPS and maybe better tech in some areas.  

@ironshadow said:

Wait, I forgot the host of God characters Star Trek runs with, they take it.

xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By xan84
@Hellos said:
"
I want to say Star Wars, WAY MORE SHIPS, WAY FASTER SHIPS and maybe better tech in some areas.  

@ironshadow said:

Wait, I forgot the host of God characters Star Trek runs with, they take it.

"

Well look at it this way. SW needs a Death Star as big as a moon that takes a huge effort to build so they can take out a planet. This is probably the biggest and most advanced tech SW has. Now species 8472 only need 9 ships (1 ship only needs 1 pilot to run so its 1 crew/ship=9 dudes lol) to blow up a planet. They could use only 9 ships to 1 shot the DS.
Larkin1388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Larkin1388

Star Wars Definitely

xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By xan84
@Larkin1388 said:
"Star Wars Definitely "

Do explain how. I am realy curious of how. This is not a win for ST this is a damn stomp when Q snaps his fiinger and SW universe is removed from existence ...
Ir0n m@

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ir0n m@

star trek because they can use red matter which creates black holes 

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Star Trek wins:

No Caption Provided

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By ComicStooge
@ironshadow said:

" Star Trek because of Q, Borg, Species 8472, red matter, time travel etc.  "

Hellz yeah! And Picard solos because of his epicness!
Kinasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Kinasin
@Tevnoba said:

" This has been done many times before and on many different sites (This one included).  Star Wars has better Tech, but Star Trek has the "Q" Continuum, which overpowers the Force - easily.  With the "Q" Star Trek wins, otherwise Star Wars wins. "

1. The universe's colliding to see who's superior hasn't been done on this forum before............

Ya,

@Xan

said:

" @Larkin1388 said:

"Star Wars Definitely "

Do explain how. I am realy curious of how. This is not a win for ST this is a damn stomp when Q snaps his fiinger and SW universe is removed from existence ... "
2.I really like this gentleman's opinion as far as Q is concerned..........

How do you account for omnipotent beings such as Q?

I don't need to. Q could probably blow up an Imperial vessel if he wanted to, but he's an enigma. His motives are a mystery, and there is no reason whatsoever to imagine that he'll come riding to the Federation's rescue. He's occasionally shown a hint of sympathy for humanity (when he wasn't threatening to exterminate us, which is no small caveat), but he has never demonstrated any interest in the system of government known as the Federation. Why would he care whether humanity is ruled by the fascist Empire or by the communist Federation? You could ask the same questions about any of the other "omnipotent" beings of Star Trek.

Besides, how do you know he's omnipotent? I find it fascinating that because Q does things which seem like magic, most people assume he must be omnipotent. That does not follow; we do things which would seem like magic to prehistoric savages, but we're not omnipotent. Why do we assume he's omnipotent? Has he ever destroyed a galaxy, for example? Has he ever created a sentient species? Has he ever reversed death? If he's omnipotent, then how could his powers be taken away from him, as they were in "Deja Q"? Why could Q continuum weapons be handled by humans, as we saw in Voyager? Q may be able to manipulate matter on a molecular level, live for an undetermined period of time, present himself in arbitrary forms, create convincing illusions and telepathic dream-states, and perform interesting feats such as adjusting lunar orbits, suppressing warp core breaches, time travel, or inducing a supernova, but that hardly amounts to omnipotence. All of those things could be accomplished by a combination of the technologies and telepathic abilities demonstrated by various "mere" mortals in Star Wars and Star Trek.

Star Wars FTW
Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, i love Wars, but if the Force Gosth are not as powerfull as Q, Trek win in a horrible way and i am a fan of Wars over Trek.
Cooler: Wars
In a Battle: If they have Q, Trek, if not, Wars, but Trek have a big chance to beat them Kirk and Picard were great leaders.
In H2H: Wars by far.

Supreme Cosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Supreme Cosmic
@Kinasin said:
" Who wins when two universes collide for the ultimate test of survival......... "characters still retain who they are and how they act in their own respected universes" "
I think you should add stargate as well but to answer your question, Science wins and therefore Startrek. How!? I pit the limited Jedi against an endless wave of borg and in no time they would adapt to the lightsabers frequency and it would have no effect. The startrek universe also has species 8472 and time travelers from the 31st century. This combine effort is more than Jedis and siths can handle
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AtPhantom
@Supreme Cosmic said:
" @Kinasin said:
" Who wins when two universes collide for the ultimate test of survival......... "characters still retain who they are and how they act in their own respected universes" "
I think you should add stargate as well but to answer your question, Science wins and therefore Startrek. How!? I pit the limited Jedi against an endless wave of borg and in no time they would adapt to the lightsabers frequency and it would have no effect. The startrek universe also has species 8472 and time travelers from the 31st century. This combine effort is more than Jedis and siths can handle "
Yeah, too bad Star Wars doesn't have those thousands upon thousands of battleships like we saw in the movies or anything. Oh wait...
Supreme Cosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Supreme Cosmic
@AtPhantom: Oh please! They all got ships! Startrek Starwars, Stargate, Galactica you name it. We are talking about what set these universes apart.
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Chaos Prime

Depends on alot imo..There are cases for both if the scenarios pan out ie - Land battle, Assassins sent to kill the generals, Captains..
Why does this have to be just a battle in deep space?
Star Wars Uni has the tools imo to cause major trouble to the Fedaration Alliance if this war wasnt over within the first year or so :-)

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Hellos

I forgot about the time traveling guys, shame the ships themselves don't really have too many feats unless that whole time travel theme in Enterprize actually gave some some of those future ships feats.
Supreme Cosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Supreme Cosmic

Oh yeah I forgot! Q solos. Q is omnipotent and remember Q is a whole race. There are also that aren't omnipotent but are near that level.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Chaos Prime
@Supreme Cosmic said:
" Oh yeah I forgot! Q solos. Q is omnipotent and remember Q is a whole race. There are also that aren't omnipotent but are near that level. "
So u think its a fair fight having Q involved in this scenario?
Avatar image for www_deadpoolforum_com
www.deadpoolforum.com

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star Wars.
WoundingFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By WoundingFactor

I think we're missing something kind of important and germane to the "contest". Namely: what era of the Star Wars universe? Are we talking a time of relative unity, when there are hundreds of trained Force-users wandering around protecting the galaxy, or are we talking middle of a war, or even just post-war? 

Now that I'm thinking about it, a contingent of Yuuzhan Vong warriors vs an equal force of the Borg would probably be more doable (and more interesting, to me).

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Hellos
@Chaos Prime said:
" @Supreme Cosmic said:
" Oh yeah I forgot! Q solos. Q is omnipotent and remember Q is a whole race. There are also that aren't omnipotent but are near that level. "
So u think its a fair fight having Q involved in this scenario? "

Theres other beings that seemingly could do what they wished godlike in the Star Trek verse. Like that odd alien guy that with a thought wiped out an entire species, completely. That guy might also solo at least the living members of the SW universe.
Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Freefa11

There's a pretty big difference between "Star Trek" vs. Star Wars and something else like "Federation" vs. Star Wars or even "Borg" vs. Star Wars. Star Trek as a whole has, as mentioned, a bunch of god beings and Deus ex Machina running around all over the place, which could make things hard on Star Wars (by which I generally assume they mean the Galactic Empire). 

Without Q, other one-off god beings, and various one-off "I Win" machines, the Star Trek milky way doesn't do too well. Imperial Vessels are far more powerful than anything normally produced by the Federation, Klingons, Dominion, etc. There's also a lot more of them (it's a GALACTIC empire after all, not just a quadrant). 

Basically, Wars has by far the better miltary, but Trek has the better plot devices.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Chaos Prime

@Hellos.Then it doesnt make much of a fight? Woundingfactor makes a good point with the Yuuzhan Vong Warriors V The Borg.Hell add a few packs of Voxyn to the scenario that will spice things up abit :-)

Kinasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Kinasin
@Supreme Cosmic said:
read my statement on Q please.
Renee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By Renee

I donno, I'm just gunna say Star Wars because they've got Anakin and Obi Wan and they're hot. <3

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By 614azrael

This is a complex senario il generate somethin good but itl be later on. The war of all scifi wars has begun. Stash away your ewoks and turn off ur borgs this could gest ugly.
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By OmegaDynasty

Star Wars
Kinasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Kinasin
@Supreme Cosmic said:

" @Kinasin said:

I think you should add stargate as well but to answer your question, Science wins and therefore Startrek. How!? I pit the limited Jedi against an endless wave of borg and in no time they would adapt to the lightsabers frequency and it would have no effect. The startrek universe also has species 8472 and time travelers from the 31st century. This combine effort is more than Jedis and siths can handle "
This guy who wrote this is a legend in my mind 

OK, so you don't want to bother reading through this whole site, right? OK, here's the drill for you impatient people:

Why does anyone care about this stupid subject?

Why do you care? Don't pretend not to care; if you didn't click "back" as soon as you figured out what this website was about, you're interested. You may not want to admit it, but that will just be our little secret, OK? Now read on.

Definition

First, Star Wars vs Star Trek normally means "could the Empire kick the Federation's ass". If it's a question of taste (ie- "do you like Star Wars more than Star Trek"), debate becomes impossible because the answer is subjective. Anyway, once we agree that we're talking about military prowess, people like to perform substitutions: instead of Federation vs Empire, suddenly it's the Borg vs the Empire, or Species 8472 vs the Empire, or the Q vs the Empire, or perhaps the race that built the Dyson Sphere vs the Empire, because all of them showed up at some time or other in Star Trek. But lest we forget, Star Trek is basically about the Federation, remember? That's the technology base. Subject changes are quiet admissions that the Empire would wipe the floor with the main characters of Star Trek, so you've got to resort to one-episode wonders (even if they're long-gone, or just as likely to turn on the Federation, or if they've been stymied by the Federation in the past, which would call their abilities into question).

I've Played X-Wing Rogue Squadron, and Star Wars ships don't seem that tough to me

I've also played F-15 Strike Eagle II, and in that game, an F-15 can take a half-dozen direct hits from SAM's before it goes down (in reality, one proximity hit will kill it easily). Can we agree that it's silly to use computer gameplay as a basis for technological assessments? Generally speaking, the sheer scale of the Empire (millions of planets, able to build moon-sized Death Stars) is vastly greater than that of the Federation, so Trekkies try to take the sheer size and numerical advantage of the Empire out of the equation, and simplify matters into straight ship vs ship comparisons. Leaving aside the tacit admission of defeat already implicit in this practice, there are several different popular ways to decide what is and isn't valid evidence:

The Lazy Man's Method

Simply grab figures from the official publications. Of all the voluminous Star Wars and Star Trek publications out there, only one for each series gives meaningful specifications in real-world units: Star Wars Episode II Incredible Cross-Sections (SW2ICS) and the Star Trek Next Generation Technical Manual (TNG TM).

Star Wars: Acclamator troop transport

Star Trek: Enterprise-D

Light guns: 300 million GW (6 megatons per shot, 24 guns, assume 1 shot every 2 seconds for time-averaged power output rather than peak output)

Main phasers: 3.6 GW (5.1 MW per emitter, 200 emitters in the main phaser array, 2 full-sized saucer arrays and 3 smaller roughly half-size arrays on the stardrive section, p.123). Note that phasers appear to have a chain-reaction effect so their raw power output may be deceptively low.

Heavy guns: 2.4 million megatons (200 gigatons per shot from each turret, 12 turrets)

Photon torpedoes: 64 megatons max theoretical (based on 1.5 kg antimatter payload, p.129)

Sublight acceleration: 3500G

Sublight acceleration: 1000G (design goal, p.75)

Operational range: 250,000 light-years (before refueling)

Operational range: 2750 light-years (7 years at warp 6 before refueling, p.3)

Shield heat dissipation: 70 trillion GW peak

Shield heat dissipation: 3311 GW peak (473 GW per generator x 7 generators, p.138)

Reactor power: 200 trillion GW max

Reactor power: ~4 billion GW at max warp 9.6 (scaled from the warp power chart on p.55 which uses units of joules for power; we assume this is a simple mistake). From the chart, their fuel supply for 7 years of warp 6 cruising would be roughly 2E23 J (enough to run an Acclamator's reactor at full power for just 1 second).

Max hyperspace speed: not stated (however, the ability to travel "halfway across the galaxy" in a matter of hours as demonstrated in ANH, TPM, and AOTC requires speeds in the range of 10 million to 100 million times c).

Max warp speed: ~2000c (warp 9.6), sustainable 12 hours for a single sprint of roughly 3 light-years. This appears to have increased to roughly 3000c for newer ships such as the Intrepid-class.

As you can see, the officially published figures are massively in favour of the Empire, even if you disregard the fact that an Acclamator is not a particularly powerful warship by Imperial standards (an Imperial Star Destroyer is roughly 10 times larger (by volume) than an Acclamator and presumably 10 times more powerful, even if we disregard the fact that an Acclamator is just a transport). In fact, the only way to generate a remotely close match between an Imperial ship and a Federation ship is to use a small patrol craft such as Jango Fett's Slave-1:

Star Wars: Slave-1

Star Trek: Enterprise-D

Main guns: 64000 GW (2 kilotons per shot, 480 rpm firing rate onscreen in AOTC for time-averaged power output rather than peak output)

Main phasers: 3.6 GW

Missiles: 190 megatons (tail-launched missiles; seismic charge mines are roughly 12000 megatons)

Photon torpedoes: 64 megatons max theoretical

Sublight acceleration: 2500G

Sublight acceleration: 1000G

Operational range:not stated (however, Obi-Wan's starfighter has an operational range of 150,000 light-years, and is probably similar).

Operational range: 2750 light-years

Shield heat dissipation: not stated (however, Amidala's personal yacht has shield dissipation of 2 billion GW peak, and is probably similar)

Shield heat dissipation: 3311 GW peak

Reactor power: not stated (however, Amidala's personal yacht has power output of 7 billion GW max, and is probably similar)

Reactor power: ~4 billion GW at max warp 9.6

Max hyperspace speed: not stated (however, same-day flight from core to galactic outer-rim systems requires speeds in excess of 10 million c)

Max warp speed: ~2000c (warp 9.6)

Even this seemingly Trek-biased matchup seems to heavily favour the Empire, with Jango Fett's small patrol craft able to hit the Enterprise-D with much heavier firepower than it can dish out in return. Small wonder, then, that despite the simplicity and convenience of the lazy man's method, most Trekkies prefer to avoid it.

Just What You See, Pal

Some people prefer to pretend the books don't exist on either side, and talk about only the movies (or movies and TV shows, in the case of Trek). This approach has strengths and weaknesses; the visual look of each series is often more consistent than published material (particularly in the case of Star Trek, where the TM contradicts itself repeatedly and has several astonishingly bad science errors. Moreover, the ST books' status has been officially stated as mere "speculation" (see John Ordover), although SW books are supposedly "quasi-canon" (see the Star Wars Encyclopedia foreword). In any case, a lot of people prefer to stick to the shows and movies regardless of what the "official" stance is.

Having said that, the comparison is little better. In Star Trek, most of the figures from the show are reasonably compatible with those from the TM's (not surprising, since the people who worked on the TM also worked on the show), and in Star Wars, most of the figures from the SW2ICS are based on observations of the original trilogy (from Dr. Curtis Saxton). There are limits to how inaccurate one can reasonable expect the TM and SW2ICS to be, and sure enough, analysis of direct observations from the shows and movies tends to generate similar results, albeit with more ambiguities.

Note that it is difficult to gauge the effect of weapons in any meaningful sense unless they are applied to inert objects (if a shell hits an aircraft wing-tank and causes the plane to burst into flames, you cannot attribute all the energy of the resulting conflagration to the shell). This means we need to look for weapons striking inert objects such as rocks, planets, asteroids, etc. I'm afraid this is a rather complicated subject, and you should really look at the rest of the site if you want to know more. However, the following table should help clarify matters:

Star Wars

Star Trek

Planetary destruction: Death Star blast (roughly 20 billion trillion megatons, ie- the number "two" followed by 22 zeroes). Planet blown apart at 5% of the speed of light. Even if we assume the shot was time-lapse photography (not that there's any reason to), the absolute lower limit is roughly 50 quadrillion megatons. Note that even if you scale this monster down by a factor of 10 million (to the volume of a Star Destroyer), you'd still have 5 billion megatons. More than a match for poor Enterprise.

Planetary destruction: 30-ship bombardment in "The Die is Cast" (surface-level explosions create fireballs in the megaton range at most, judging from fireball duration). No sub-orbital ejecta launched from planet's surface at all. Trekkies attempt to ignore weak-kneed appearance of attack and focus on semantics in order to exaggerate the figure.

Asteroid destruction: Jango Fett's seismic charges destroy asteroids in a radius of 5-10 km in AOTC.

Asteroid destruction: according to Riker, it would take the entire photon torpedo payload to destroy a single 5km wide hollow asteroid in "Pegasus". In other words, it would take the entire payload of the Enterprise-D (a capital warship with a crew of a thousand) to equal just one of Jango Fett's seismic charges (a bounty hunter's weapon).

Combat range: in ROTJ, combat initially occurs at ranges of a few thousands kilometres, eventually closing to a few hundred kilometres ("point blank" according to Lando) until Rebel ships are within a few dozen kilometres of the Executor.

Combat range: fleet actions in DS9 uniformly feature engagements at ranges of 5 km or less, just as they do in TNG's Klingon wars or Borg engagements. In "The Die is Cast", Sisko actually orders the Defiant to approach to 500 metres (while taking fire) before shooting at a Jem'Hadar attack ship, presumably due to some disadvantage incurred at longer range. The only long-ranged incidents involve stationary or near-stationary targets.

Speed: travel from galactic core systems to outer rim systems ("halfway across the galaxy" as Amidala put it) is shown repeatedly in ANH, TPM, and AOTC. It is invariably same-day traffic, typically a few hours.

Speed: Voyager took 7 years to crawl across part of one quadrant of the galaxy, even with repeated assists from alien races, stolen technology, and even the occasional shove from a godlike being. Not hours ... years.

If you want to know more about how to glean bits of information out of the shows and movies, check out the rest of the website. But for now, let's just say that this battle would be a one-sided massacre in favour of the Empire.

Other Combinations

What difference does it make? Since the film vs film and book vs book approaches both yield the same result, you can mix and match film vs book policies in any order you want (tech books for both, tech books for neither, tech books for ST but not for SW, tech books for SW but not for ST), and the result is the same.

Conclusions

In a straight-up fight, the Empire squashes the Federation like a bug. Even with its numerical advantage removed, the Empire would still squash the Federation like a bug. Accept it.

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Hellos
@Chaos Prime said:
"@Hellos.Then it doesnt make much of a fight? Woundingfactor makes a good point with the Yuuzhan Vong Warriors V The Borg.Hell add a few packs of Voxyn to the scenario that will spice things up abit :-) "

The thing is though if you have a situation where the universe itself depends on the actions of the inhabitants, you've got quite a horde of powerful beings that could very well solo.  
That and I believe Star Trek actually multiverse of universes to tap into too. 

It really depends what the OP exactly meant, if you don't remove the hordes of god like beings or lets say normalize the ship quantities so the SW universe simply doing destroy them with the number ga,e I can't see how it can really be a fair fight between the two. Much less how effective SW shield would be against lets say transporter. You had some races in Star Trek that could take your organs out of your body with a hand helf device and such.
Kinasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Kinasin

@Hellos said:

" @Chaos Prime said:

"@Hellos.Then it doesnt make much of a fight? Woundingfactor makes a good point with the Yuuzhan Vong Warriors V The Borg.Hell add a few packs of Voxyn to the scenario that will spice things up abit :-) "
The thing is though if you have a situation where the universe itself depends on the actions of the inhabitants, you've got quite a horde of powerful beings that could very well solo.  That and I believe Star Trek actually multiverse of universes to tap into too.  It really depends what the OP exactly meant, if you don't remove the hordes of god like beings or lets say normalize the ship quantities so the SW universe simply doing destroy them with the number ga,e I can't see how it can really be a fair fight between the two. Much less how effective SW shield would be against lets say transporter. You had some races in Star Trek that could take your organs out of your body with a hand helf device and such. "
  @Kinasin said:
WoundingFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By WoundingFactor
@Chaos Prime: Yeah, and make it all take place with the cast of Lost in Space running around the battlefield helplessly. Just for laughs.

I think the motivation behind this is a little lacking, too. I mean, is each universe given the ultimatum "either you kill everyone in this universe, or your entire universe will be destroyed", or what?
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ssejllenrad

Ok who's got the better fighter? Nuff said! Hehehe! Yeah yeah I'n biased!    
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Hellos

@Kinasin said:

@Hellos said:

" @Chaos Prime said:

The thing is though if you have a situation where the universe itself depends on the actions of the inhabitants, you've got quite a horde of powerful beings that could very well solo.  That and I believe Star Trek actually multiverse of universes to tap into too.  It really depends what the OP exactly meant, if you don't remove the hordes of god like beings or lets say normalize the ship quantities so the SW universe simply doing destroy them with the number ga,e I can't see how it can really be a fair fight between the two. Much less how effective SW shield would be against lets say transporter. You had some races in Star Trek that could take your organs out of your body with a hand helf device and such. "
  @Kinasin said:
"

So exactly where are you going with this? If your going to be threatening the Q continuim they are going to wipe the SW universe out of existence.  
If you don't bar the various god like beings, like hell !@#$ing Wesley Crusher was freezing time in Next Gen after ascending to a higher plane of existence or some crap like that, they will stomp on their own without the aid. Or heck remove the certain alien creatures that was somewhat reality warpers, or that lived in different dimensions and was killing people they will stomp.
Kinasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Kinasin

@Hellos said:
"

@Kinasin said:

@Hellos said:

" @Chaos Prime said:

@Kinasin said:

"

So exactly where are you going with this? If your going to be threatening the Q continuim they are going to wipe the SW universe out of existence.  
If you don't bar the various god like beings, like hell !@#$ing Wesley Crusher was freezing time in Next Gen after ascending to a higher plane of existence or some crap like that, they will stomp on their own without the aid. Or heck remove the certain alien creatures that was somewhat reality warpers, or that lived in different dimensions and was killing people they will stomp. "

@Kinasin said:

" @Tevnoba said:

" This has been done many times before and on many different sites (This one included).  Star Wars has better Tech, but Star Trek has the "Q" Continuum, which overpowers the Force - easily.  With the "Q" Star Trek wins, otherwise Star Wars wins. "

1. The universe's colliding to see who's superior hasn't been done on this forum before............

Ya,

@Xan

said:

" @Larkin1388 said:

"Star Wars Definitely "

Do explain how. I am realy curious of how. This is not a win for ST this is a damn stomp when Q snaps his fiinger and SW universe is removed from existence ... "
2.I really like this gentleman's opinion as far as Q is concerned..........

How do you account for omnipotent beings such as Q?

I don't need to. Q could probably blow up an Imperial vessel if he wanted to, but he's an enigma. His motives are a mystery, and there is no reason whatsoever to imagine that he'll come riding to the Federation's rescue. He's occasionally shown a hint of sympathy for humanity (when he wasn't threatening to exterminate us, which is no small caveat), but he has never demonstrated any interest in the system of government known as the Federation. Why would he care whether humanity is ruled by the fascist Empire or by the communist Federation? You could ask the same questions about any of the other "omnipotent" beings of Star Trek.

Besides, how do you know he's omnipotent? I find it fascinating that because Q does things which seem like magic, most people assume he must be omnipotent. That does not follow; we do things which would seem like magic to prehistoric savages, but we're not omnipotent. Why do we assume he's omnipotent? Has he ever destroyed a galaxy, for example? Has he ever created a sentient species? Has he ever reversed death? If he's omnipotent, then how could his powers be taken away from him, as they were in "Deja Q"? Why could Q continuum weapons be handled by humans, as we saw in Voyager? Q may be able to manipulate matter on a molecular level, live for an undetermined period of time, present himself in arbitrary forms, create convincing illusions and telepathic dream-states, and perform interesting feats such as adjusting lunar orbits, suppressing warp core breaches, time travel, or inducing a supernova, but that hardly amounts to omnipotence. All of those things could be accomplished by a combination of the technologies and telepathic abilities demonstrated by various "mere" mortals in Star Wars and Star Trek.

Star Wars FTW "
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ssejllenrad
@Kinasin:
I don't know much about Q but can Tilotny, Horliss Horliss, Splendid Ap, and Danda Sin (the 4 nigh omnipotents of Bedlam Pulsar) all together match him?
Kinasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Kinasin

@ssejllenrad said:
" @Kinasin: I don't know much about Q but can Tilotny, Horliss Horliss, Splendid Ap, and Danda Sin (the 4 nigh omnipotents of Bedlam Pulsar) all together match him? "

God I love you right now you just made my day with that......I never thought of it but I will say easily.