• 61 results
noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By noah_ouellette

Hey guys, been a while since I've been active. Since majority of the Star Wars tournaments are high tiers, cause there's only so many to choose from they are usually the same, I decided to make this mid tier tournament. It's also a good chance for people who favour mid tier force users to jump in. Thinking 8 people. If we get a lot of interest I'll bump it up.

Limits. Alright. Here's where we gotta pay attention. I wanna say Meetra Surrik, Malak, Malgus, Aayla Secura and others, are where your character should stand. If they can stalemate or pull an almost even fight against these characters, we'll say they're fine.

I will clarify the limits some more. Just to make it easier.

Telekinesis strength shouldn’t be higher than Darth Mauls. I believe his best feat is Forcing the republic shuttle. I’m not too worried about this being an issue.

Speed is easy. Most force users are within the same speed bracket.

Duelling skill. Your character should be in no way a master duelist. Maybe a master of 1 form. Shouldn’t have mastery of more than one form though.

I will likely be joining. Haven't decided on who I will be using though. If you have questions if the character fits just ask no worries. Unsure about a characters certain force ability being allowed? Just ask. Other than that may the force be with you. Hopefully we fill some slots quickly.

ManaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noah_ouellette: Malak and Malgus? Some will argue that is Dooku level, which will be argued is Vader level which is high tiers. You might need some stricter guidelines. Where do you draw the line for mid tiers?

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By noah_ouellette

@manaman: Some can argue all they want. Malgus fought relatively evenly with a Jedi knight that was the definition of mid tier. Malak is nor high tier, any high tier would beat him. Maul, Dooku, anakin, obi wan etc. I draw the line here. How mid tier can we get. Aayla, Asaij(fought dooku but clearly was lower than him) savage opress etc. People who could fight a high tier for a hot minute or two but have no chance of beating them and we know it. Also Malak without starforge amp should never be argued as high tier lol. Also Vader>Dooku imo

ManaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noah_ouellette: if its Anakin level can I enter with a duo of 2 weaker Jedi?

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manaman: Hold on no. I was just clarifying that those were people who would defeat Malak. Episode 2 anakin. Would be good here. I have no issues with a duo, as long as they wouldn't outperform more mid tiers.

ManaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noah_ouellette: Ah okay. Episode 2 anakin. I'll just take 1 character then. Aurra Sing

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xolthol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noah_ouellette: I'm interrested by this tournament. I am looking for someone to use.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for grandmastergoat
GrandmasterGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xolthol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think she is canon (not sure) but I will try: can I take Eldra Kaitis.

Avatar image for in-sidiousvader
In-sidiousvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am also interested. though, I don't know who to choose. I guess I could do (prime) Sedriss, though not sure on that one. Get back to me if he is even a mid tier. Thanks

In-sidiousvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By In-sidiousvader

Actually, yeah no. I don't think this will work for me Tbh. I wank sedriss way past your guidelines. So, in saying that, perhaps I will get back to you. Perhaps not. @noah_ouellette

xolthol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SensibleJake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, I wanted Aurra Sing.

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ArkhamAsylum3

I think having Malak here is somewhat questionable given the limit is Maul level Force Powers and Malak's powers are far greater than Kun's who is quite possibly better than Maul.

Regardless can I take Malgus?

As for Malgus, Malak and Meetra being in the same sentence as Aayla that's somewhat lol worthy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cae4704c27f5
deactivated-5cae4704c27f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Give me Saba and Katarn.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By noah_ouellette

@in-sidiousvader: From reading up on him Sedriss should fit relatively well here. He’s yours if you’d like.

@xolthol: Gnost is fine.

@arkhamasylum3: Malak with the starforge amp. Sure. But this is malak with no amp. So he fits. Regular Malak was nowhere near Kun who so definitely a top tier. Revan was far beyond malak and Kun was closer to him. Some people still argue Ezra Kun over Darth Revan. You can take Malgus.

I don’t inow why that’s lol worthy they are around the same tier. EU Ayala has feats putting her on their tier. She kinda lacks anything making her stronger despite being a notable duelist.

@jacensolo77:You can take one or the other. Katarn is already pushing it. He is high end mid tier. The point of taking two is to have two weaker force users.

Avatar image for grandmastergoat
GrandmasterGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GrandmasterGoat

Give me Nyax.

JK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noah_ouellette: Give me Katarn then, he's the weaker of the two so it should make things more interesting.

BTW on the subject of Malak he's still more powerful than Vader via scaling in any case. And with the SF he's canonically above Kun which extends to Revan who beat SF Malak so any argument Kun is more powerful than Revan is null.

As for Secura she has nothing to suggest parity with Hope Malgus let alone peak FE Malgus.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grandmastergoat: Yeah sure that works.

@jacensolo77: I’m just saying without the SF malak was nothing to even Darth Revan. Malak doesn’t have scaling that’s put him over Vader. Neither does Darth Revan. FE malgus is banned. For good reason. She can definitely contend with hope malgus based on comics.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noah_ouellette: I’m just saying without the SF malak was nothing to even Darth Revan.

Which is irrelevant.

Malak doesn’t have scaling that’s put him over Vader.

Want to bet?

Neither does Darth Revan.

Keep telling yourself that.

FE malgus is banned. For good reason.

Doesn't mean Hope Malgus can't crush.

She can definitely contend with hope malgus based on comics.

Malgus while badly injured could have casually dominated a Jedi with TK but chose to do so with swordsmanship instead. This same Jedi casually brought down two buildings. Secura has nothing to compete with that.

Also don't give the above guy Nyax, if you know anything about NJO you know that is completely unfair on literally everyone here, you could give the shittiest debater Nyax and he'd still win because Nyax is to powerful.

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noah_ouellette: Wait FE Malgus is banned?

Which version of Malgus is it then?

Decieved or Hope?

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacensolo77: Like they literally don’t. Majority of Star Wars debaters on this site have Vader over Darth Revan. Some still wank Vader over reborn too.

Nyax seems to have a couple feats. Don’t seem to be too extensive. Or good for that matter.

@arkhamasylum3: I’m okay with either. Deceived could beat a random Jedi Knight but wasn’t pressed so, yeah I’m cool with it.

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noah_ouellette: Like they literally don’t.

Might send you links to a couple Vader V Revan CAV's so you can witness firsthand the arguments because yes they do.

Majority of Star Wars debaters on this site have Vader over Darth Revan. Some still wank Vader over reborn too.

TBF it's not like the majority of SW debaters aren't biased or idiotic.

Nyax seems to have a couple feats. Don’t seem to be too extensive. Or good for that matter.

Nyax is far more powerful than NJO Luke, he's a high tier who doesn't belong here.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grandmastergoat:I guess i understand the JK. He didnt seem to be good at all on the wiki but. Seeing him in fights on the vine against valk? Yeah no lol.

@jacensolo77: K listen. I KNOW that revan is above vader. I know this. Revan is my boy. But Malak was nothing to Revan. One of the largest power gaps between a master and apprentice. Nobody puts Malak anywhere above mid tier. If they do its with the starforge amp. I did more research on Nyax. The wiki doesnt mention he fights luke at all. Which is why i assumed he was bad. I told the guy no.

xolthol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noah_ouellette: I think that base Malak is way too powerful for this tournament. Just base on his domination of the SF.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xolthol: Nobody has picked Malak. But regular Malak should be fine. Not SF

In-sidiousvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noah_ouellette: K listen. I KNOW that revan is above vader. I know this. Revan is my boy.

Excellent.

But Malak was nothing to Revan.

Which doesn't preclude him from being above Vader given he has active scaling which has been mentioned in Revan CAV's before.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f86/t649895.html

Skip to the first post by the Revan defender and go to "The power of Muur compels you".

One of the largest power gaps between a master and apprentice.

See above, doesn't prevent him from surpassing Vader.

Nobody puts Malak anywhere above mid tier. If they do its with the starforge amp.

Vader is mid tier too lol.

I did more research on Nyax. The wiki doesnt mention he fights luke at all. Which is why i assumed he was bad. I told the guy no.

Cheers you've saved us lol.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacensolo77: Hold on. vader is mid tier too? What? What scale are you going off of? Because Mine includes God tiers like Sidious, valk, revan, GM Luke and Yoda. And then begins the high tiers.

xolthol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noah_ouellette: I'm just saying that base Malak is a monster. Just to back up my claim: Malak was able not to be corrupt/fully control by the SF which is a way more powerful artifact than the star map which was able to corrupt the whole first siths (including Ajunta Pall). By accolade Pall is above Muur who is able to compete with a Vong Krayt. Who is by a simple scaling far above ROTS Kenobi. So clearly no Malak isn't good for this tournament.

NB: I won't debate this here, I just try to explain why using Base Malak is clearly stomp in his favor.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noah_ouellette: Vader shares parity with Maul and Dooku per Lucas, he's far from a high tier lol.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacensolo77: Vader is stronger than both. By feats from his comics, and EU feats. He is the better. But yes all 3 of them are included in my high tier scale. As i mentioned i have a god tier, high tier, mid tier and low tier. And the ones that are just above god tier.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xolthol: I wont allow malak then even though my disagreement is extreme.

xolthol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

G_Race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By G_Race

Can I have Jerec, or is he too much?

In-sidiousvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_race: too much IMO, I would have taken jerec if that was an option

G_Race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@in-sidiousvader: Thank you weighing in with an attempt to circumvent my choice. Your lack of foresight and your 'I would have's..' fall short IMO. Simply put, your lobbying to the OP can be considered collusion, and a desperate attempt to destabilize an otherwise sound pick.

Move Along worm, its the OP's opinion I seek.

xolthol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_race: Jerec is too high. He is said to be just below Vader who is above mid-tier.

In-sidiousvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xolthol said:

@g_race: Jerec is too high. He is said to be just below Vader who is above mid-tier.

Xolthol. My friend... I spent an entire day disproving that quote... you really still think its valid? Because I can debunk the ship feat too.

In-sidiousvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_race said:

@in-sidiousvader: Thank you weighing in with an attempt to circumvent my choice. Your lack of foresight and your 'I would have's..' fall short IMO. Simply put, your lobbying to the OP can be considered collusion, and a desperate attempt to destabilize an otherwise sound pick.

Move Along worm, its the OP's opinion I seek.

Also not sure who you think you're talking too. Hoping you're trolling. No I wasn't trying to circumvent your pick, I just hold Jerec much higher than you. Probably have more debating prowess with him too.

ManaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

G_Race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@in-sidiousvader: Clearly im talking to you... that is what the '@' symbol means... Also what makes him high end in your opinion?

In-sidiousvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_race: Mainly his feats, IE. his fight with Katarn and his oneshotting of QU-Rhan who can be argued as B-team level.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By noah_ouellette

@in-sidiousvader:Yeah I allowed katarn my guy. Just dont view Katarn that much higher than say Ferus Olin. Might not even be if Ferus is angered.

@g_race: I'll say no just because you were pretty rude to insidious.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacensolo77:

Katarn who is factually above Jerec lol.

Citation required.

xolthol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@in-sidiousvader:

Xolthol. My friend... I spent an entire day disproving that quote... you really still think its valid? Because I can debunk the ship feat too.

Well at least we can agree on the fact that Jerec is too powerful for this tournament. Tbh your rebutal was interresting but it wasn't convincing enough, I still think that Jerec > Sedriss and maybe even Ventress. But I agree that Vader > Jerec by a good margin.