Star Wars: Mace Windu vs Darth Tyranus (Dooku)

Tvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Tvenger

Round 1: Light Saber only

Round 2: Force only

Round 3: Full on fight

Bonus Round: Dooku and two magna gaurds vs Windu.

Tvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who Wins?

firelordiroh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Windu all rounds.

Tvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Windu all rounds

For the bonus round, Windu should have the ability to one shot the magna guards with TK and proceed to engage Dooku in the duel

Tvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthor said:

Windu all rounds

For the bonus round, Windu should have the ability to one shot the magna guards with TK and proceed to engage Dooku in the duel

Jedi like Anakin, have been shocked to their knees, I don't think he oneshots them.

No Caption Provided

Source.

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: goes to Windu if its ROTS

Round 2: goes to Dooku, force lighting isn't something Windu is suited to deal with as far as I know. Yoda also implied Dooku was natrually more gifted/learned in the ways of the force (higher Midi-chlorian count?) for what that's worth.

Round 3: Mace Wins, its not a bad fight but he is better at his peak

Round 4: depends on if Mace deals with the droids right off the bat or not, if he doesn't, they'll pick away at him while he's depending against Dooku.

firelordiroh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By firelordiroh

@tvenger:

I still believe he can take the bonus round as well, the Magnaguards won't even be a factor imo.

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tvenger said:
@darthor said:

Windu all rounds

Jedi like Anakin, have been shocked to their knees, I don't think he oneshots them.

Source.

This does not prove anything. Even if they can bring Anakin to his knees, does not mean they can even touch Mace. Mace had the abilities to blast away a huge amount of super battle droids: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/images/1300-3782462

I would say its fair to imply that he can blast the magna guards away in a similar fashion

StrawHatPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Mace

Round 2: Dooku

Round 3: Mace

Bonus round: I forgot how strong Magna guards are, but I'm siding with Mace.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lord_Tenebrous

In film continuity, Mace is the finest swordsman in the galaxy besides Master Yoda himself. This is true in both Episodes II and III, as one can hear and read from the variety of featurettes and insider interviews on prequel film production. Mace takes this, tough fight.

In the old legends continuity, things are a little less clear. Overall narrative seems to portray Dooku as the more fearsome for the bulk of the war. The Episode III novelization undoubtedly portrays Mace in the more favourable light, but then, Stover's view of Dooku was somewhat underwhelming compared to the other CW multi-media project writers.

In canon EU, it could tip either way. Their portrayals are similarly grounded, save one comic indicating parity between Jedi Dooku and Yoda.

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 2: goes to Dooku, force lighting isn't something Windu is suited to deal with as far as I know. Yoda also implied Dooku was natrually more gifted/learned in the ways of the force (higher Midi-chlorian count?) for what that's worth.

Round 4: depends on if Mace deals with the droids right off the bat or not, if he doesn't, they'll pick away at him while he's depending against Dooku.

Mace defended against the lightning of Sidious, whose lighting is probably more potent compared to Dooku. And I never Heard a source about why Dooku having more potential than Mace. Even if that's true, midi-chlorian count does not translate to direct combat powers. Its like saying TPM Anakin is more powerful than Yoda.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthor said:
@kirkseven said:

Mace defended against the lightning of Sidious, whose lighting is probably more potent compared to Dooku. And I never Heard a source about why Dooku having more potential than Mace. Even if that's true, midi-chlorian count does not translate to direct combat powers. Its like saying TPM Anakin is more powerful than Yoda.

With his lightsaber, which is not present here.

I know it doesn't translate directly into power, but it is noteworthy, even more so considering Dooku is probably closer to his full potential than Mace is to his.

chimmychonga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Dooku 6/10, more experience and his form is well suited for against Mace.

Round 2: Dooku 6/10 , Maces best force feats are good, but Dooku has just shown more.

Round 3: If you believe Mace gets amped by Dookus dark side power, Mace wins 6/10, but if you ignore that, Dooku just has more going for him, wins 6/10.

Tvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Dooku 6/10, more experience and his form is well suited for against Mace.

Round 2: Dooku 6/10 , Maces best force feats are good, but Dooku has just shown more.

Round 3: If you believe Mace gets amped by Dookus dark side power, Mace wins 6/10, but if you ignore that, Dooku just has more going for him, wins 6/10.

How does Dooku win round two? I thought Mace would win that one, plus there is no "believeing" when Mace used vapaad and beat Sidious.

chimmychonga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tvenger: He was trained by Yoda, and has shown more versatility with his powers like sith lightning and more knowledge of the force from the dark side and light.

CatMan5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this has been done too many times

Aristeaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In film continuity, Mace is the finest swordsman in the galaxy besides Master Yoda himself. This is true in both Episodes II and III, as one can hear and read from the variety of featurettes and insider interviews on prequel film production. Mace takes this, tough fight.

Not even remotely a tough fight.

Anakin trounced Dooku.

That same Anakin saw Mace as a blur during his fight with Sidious.

Pretty clear scaling here.

Tvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tvenger: He was trained by Yoda, and has shown more versatility with his powers like sith lightning and more knowledge of the force from the dark side and light.

In the ROTS novelization it says that Windu was like a blur to Anakin, and Anakin was able to keep up with Dooku in the Clone Wars multiple times.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kirkseven:

It doesn't really make sense to think Mace doesn't know how to channel the Force to shield against lightning bare-handed, simply because he hasn't shown it. There must always be an assumed range of abilities based on status. Most Jedi in the films do not employ the Force on-screen, but we assume they possess such powers because it's an implicit establishment owing to who they are. Mace's power is portrayed as comparable to that of the Emperor, exemplified by his ability to overpower Palpatine's all-out lightning. Not to mention, the overarching portrayal of his character, his prominence and hype. E.G., "As wise as Master Yoda and as powerful as Master Windu."

Regardless, Lucas' script reveals that they believed Mace knew how to stave off Force Lightning without a lightsaber:

No Caption Provided

In the original version, the one-handed Mace initially powers through the shock and keeps going, trying to defend himself against the Force with his remaining limb.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_tenebrous: Good find, yeah the intent sure seems to be there.

I guess it depends on who's more powerful in the force, I doubt they'd be far off from one another.

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthor said:
@kirkseven said:

I know it doesn't translate directly into power, but it is noteworthy, even more so considering Dooku is probably closer to his full potential than Mace is to his.

I dont think that lightning will be that big an issue here, considering Mace can just dodge and beat Dooku with his massively superior TK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthor said:
@kirkseven said:
@darthor said:
@kirkseven said:

I dont think that lightning will be that big an issue here, considering Mace can just dodge and beat Dooku with his massively superior TK

I wouldn't say he has a massive advantage on Dooku, somewhat better, sure.

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthor said:
@kirkseven said:
@darthor said:
@kirkseven said:

I wouldn't say he has a massive advantage on Dooku, somewhat better, sure.

fair enough, I may be exaggerating. However, Dooku really has limited showings for TK. This depends, as if they are morals on Dooku wins because Mace cannot kill Dooku as easily, and would hesitate to use TK on his old friend. However, if this is morals off, Mace can IMO beats him with TK

Avatar image for deactivated-611e764976bba
deactivated-611e764976bba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tvenger: That was because Mace was Vaapad amped, and all attributes including speed were included, in his normal form he is only equal speed to Dooku.

SheevSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lord Tyranus can ragdoll him

Tvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tvenger: That was because Mace was Vaapad amped, and all attributes including speed were included, in his normal form he is only equal speed to Dooku.

What's stopping him from using vaapad against Dooku?

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku can win. But he’ll only have a certain window to do so before Mace really amps it up.

Thrawn_Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Dooku. Vaapad wouldn't help at all here, sure Dooku is a dark sider, but he doesn't even have sith eyes. Wasn't Dooku Yoda's number two before he left? 6/10 to Dooku

R2: Dooku

R3: Could go either way, but I'm leaning towards Mace as Dooku is elderly and doesn't have as much stamina as Mace does. Mace would need to play his cards right to win. So it's probably Mace 5.5/10

Bonus round: I'm leaning towards Dooku