• 96 results
#1 Posted by ONE_GOD (250 posts) - - Show Bio

Universe 7

#2 Posted by Etherious (164 posts) - - Show Bio

SSB Gogeta.

Broly was already confirmed stronger than Jiren and Broly was defeated by SSB Gogeta

#3 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18039 posts) - - Show Bio

SSB Gogeta.

Broly was already confirmed stronger than Jiren and Broly was defeated by SSB Gogeta

When was that stated?

#4 Posted by MainJP (5464 posts) - - Show Bio

Gogeta probably stomps.

@etherious said:

SSB Gogeta.

When was that stated?

He's referring to this:

No Caption Provided

#5 Edited by TheWatcherKing (18039 posts) - - Show Bio

@mainjp: Thanks.

Anyway, Gogeta wins.

#6 Posted by dynamite75 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

gogeta easy

#7 Posted by Aka_aka_aka_ak (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

Not even out yet. All we know is Gogeta>Broly, but Broly is not confirmed stronger than Jiren, all we have is a very vague statement that was probably no more than just hyperbole for the film. Goku think Broly might be stronger than Beerus, Jiren is confirmed stronger than Beerus so if anything the best guess is that Jiren>Broly, but since also Gogeta>Broly this tells us nothing.

#8 Edited by TheTruthIII (3305 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow the wank. Gogeta doesn't have nearly enough feats to say he stomps. It's his first canon appearance and his only showing is trashing another character who also made his first canon debut. Circular logic doesn't lead anywhere. As for Broly's other feats, Jiren has replicated them all on a higher level. Beating up SSB Goku, SSB Vegeta and Golden Frieza is par for the course nowadays in Dragonball.

#9 Posted by Mee09 (5326 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by TheTruthIII (3305 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Slade-Prime (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesnt gogeta by spoilers stomp, especially if Full Power Broly is in the same tier as Full Power Jiren.

#12 Posted by Chaos239 (5081 posts) - - Show Bio

People have to remember that the Broly movie follows manga continuity. Manga Jiren is far weaker than anime Jiren to the point I say Gogeta stomps.

#13 Posted by WhatamIseeing (1411 posts) - - Show Bio

Gogeta stomps since he can beat someone stronger than jiren. Jiren had to deflect SSG gokus punches meanwhile base Broly wasn’t phased at all by the attacks of a stronger SSG goku and vegeta.

Fusion is always astronomically superior to the newest form for example base vegito being in a different league than ss3 goku. SSB gogeta is the same way with MUI goku, considering the multipliers of power gogeta should be in a different league from MUI goku.

#14 Posted by Jexsu (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

/facepalm.

#15 Posted by Skrskr (3134 posts) - - Show Bio

@aka_aka_aka_ak: jiren is not confirmed stronger than beerus, the only statements made were power that surpasses a god of destruction.

All god of destructions aren’t made equal

Look at frieza controlling Sidras hakai but getting wrecked by toppos

We have never even seen beerus serious

#16 Posted by Skrskr (3134 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos239: how does the movie follow the manga and not the anime?

#17 Posted by Chaos239 (5081 posts) - - Show Bio

@skrskr: Neither Goku or Vegeta use their anime exclusive forms in the battle, no mention of surprise from characters when Vegeta uses SSJG from any of the spoilers, apparently Perfected SSJB is used as well.

#18 Posted by Skrskr (3134 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos239: what anime exclusive forms?

Just because no one is surprised that vegeta is using ssg doesn’t mean he hasn’t used it off screen....

Perfected ssb? As in vegetas form?

Again how does any of this confirm this is following manga continuity.

How can you say something as fact when it’s just a borderline baseless inference without any context from watching the movie yourself?

#19 Edited by Gaoron (7668 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos239: They didn't use their manga exclusive forms and techniques aswell. As for SSG Vegeta there was some statement saying that even through Vegeta used SSG in the manga it's gonna be a debut of that form in the anime continuity aka movie takes place after anime. Hell even Toriyama himself said movie takes place after anime IIRC.

Edit.

"The Dragon Ball Super movie this time around will be the next story that takes place after the anime that's currently on TV"

"Although it appeared in the Dragon Ball Super manga drawn by Toyotaro-sensei, this is its first appearance in the anime!! Keep your eyes peeled as Vegeta transforms into “Red” and “Blue”.”

Found it, getting sources for those would be harder tho lol.

#20 Posted by Crossbow (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Gogeta should stomp. Doesn't matter if you think Broly is stronger than Jiren or not, they should still be around the same level and from spoilers Gogeta wipe the floor with Broly

Jiren vs Broly is way more interesting matchup

Also, can we please wait until the movie come out before spamming battles?

#21 Edited by MainJP (5464 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruthiii said:

Wow the wank. Gogeta doesn't have nearly enough feats to say he stomps.

I said "probably". Gogeta's spoiler feats sound better than anything Jiren did. Phasing in and out of dimensions and destroying them >>>> What did Jiren do, break some rocks?

You know what? Let's just wait until we see the film.

#22 Edited by TheTruthIII (3305 posts) - - Show Bio

@mainjp said:
@thetruthiii said:

I said "probably". Gogeta's spoiler feats sound better than anything Jiren did. Phasing in and out of dimensions and destroying them >>>> What did Jiren do, break some rocks?

The fight brought them into a different dimension, but the one they started in remained completely intact. Earth wasn't even severely damaged. Shattering dimensional barriers with pure strength is something people like 616 Savage Hulk have done. Not to mention it was a shared feat to begin with in this case

And if you really want to put these completely unquantifiable showings into play, Jiren has his Ki-filling-an-infinite-void and HerP DErp TrAnScenDs TiimE feats.

Sure

#23 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18039 posts) - - Show Bio

@mainjp said:
@thetruthiii said:

The fight brought them into a different dimension, but the one they started in remained completely intact. Earth wasn't even severely damaged. Shattering dimensional barriers with pure strength is something people like 616 Savage Hulk have done. Not to mention it was a shared feat to begin with in this case

And if you really want to put these completely unquantifiable showings into play, Jiren has his Ki-filling-an-infinite-void and HerP DErp TrAnScenDs TiimE feats.

Sure

Hulk has nothing to do with this, his having certain outliers doesn't make someone else's feats unimpressive for doing the same thing.

#24 Posted by MainJP (5464 posts) - - Show Bio

Earth wasn't even severely damaged.

Like in every Dragon Ball fight that takes place on Earth ever I'd say.

Lol. True.

#25 Edited by TheTruthIII (3305 posts) - - Show Bio

@thewatcherking said:
@thetruthiii said:
@mainjp said:
@thetruthiii said:

Sure

Hulk has nothing to do with this, his having certain outliers doesn't make someone else's feats unimpressive for doing the same thing.

Hulk's not the only comic brick who has done it before. Not by a long shot. And Gogeta had like 10 minutes worth of feats, so whose to say the dimensional wall busting won't become an outlier/contextualized showing on his part a la SSG Goku universe busting?

The point was to show how utterly unquantifiable the feat was. You can't argue Gogeta beats Jiren because Gogeta fought an enemy so hard they teleported to another dimension. Just like Hulk or Juggernaut or Superman accomplishing similar things, the feat in and of itself doesn't mean he's suddenly OP

#26 Posted by Scotchbear (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

Gogeta curbs hard

Regular ssj broly curbed goku, vegeta, and frieza

Lssj broly is the one who fights ssb gogeta.

And he still gets curbed.

Ssb gogeta is a casual dimension buster with just punches alone. He slaughterstomps

#27 Posted by CaptFalcon725 (1134 posts) - - Show Bio

@skrskr said:

@aka_aka_aka_ak: jiren is not confirmed stronger than beerus, the only statements made were power that surpasses a god of destruction.

All god of destructions aren’t made equal

Look at frieza controlling Sidras hakai but getting wrecked by toppos

Yep. Sidra is a heaux.
OT: Gogeta wins...works for it though...apparently Jiren breaks limits like Broly does. Jiren is probably also more skilled than Broly because he's a maverick space cop who fights literally all the time. Let's not forget Broly is extremely gifted but spent most of his life in isolation.

#28 Edited by a_marques (439 posts) - - Show Bio

Gogeta wins with absolute ease. Current Goku and Vegeta are stated near GoD level. Broly was stomping Goku, Vegeta, and a stronger Golden Frieza in his Super Saiyan form. FP Jiren is at best GoD level or MAYBE slightly stronger. Current Goku, Vegeta, and Golden Frieza can definitely beat Jiren together now. SSB Gogeta was beating Broly with little difficulty.

ToP Goku and Vegeta were nowhere near GoD level back then even with SSBKK20 and BSSB, so it doesn't matter if they never used those forms in the movie.

Also, people need to realize that LB Jiren is a one-time thing much like MUI.

Avatar image for unfinishedusern
#29 Posted by UnfinishedUsern (184 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow the wank. Gogeta doesn't have nearly enough feats to say he stomps. It's his first canon appearance and his only showing is trashing another character who also made his first canon debut. Circular logic doesn't lead anywhere. As for Broly's other feats, Jiren has replicated them all on a higher level. Beating up SSB Goku, SSB Vegeta and Golden Frieza is par for the course nowadays in Dragonball.

Have you not seen the trailer? LMFAO Bruh Gogeta stomps.

#30 Posted by Chronicplane (8269 posts) - - Show Bio

Gogeta effortlessly stomps and fodderizes Jiren, the latter shouldn't be put up against these kinds of characters that dwarf him in everything. This isn't debatable.

#31 Posted by Chaos239 (5081 posts) - - Show Bio

@gaoron: I see.

In that case Jiren stomps Broly, there's nothing to say Broly could even fight SSJBKKX20 and SSJBE Vegeta in his LSSJ state, nevermind Jiren

#32 Posted by Helloman (26757 posts) - - Show Bio

Gogeta wins.

#33 Posted by MainJP (5464 posts) - - Show Bio

@gaoron: @chaos239: This begs the question though, why wouldn’t Goku and Vegeta use Kaio-ken x20 and Evolution if they’re getting stomped? Why consider fusion without exhausting every option they have? It’s almost as if they know it won’t be enough still.

#34 Posted by Galactic_1000 (5119 posts) - - Show Bio

Gogeta Curb Stomp.

#35 Posted by Chaos239 (5081 posts) - - Show Bio

@mainjp: Why didn’t they do the same thing against Jiren? This almost implies Suppressed Jiren is beyond Fusion.

See how stupid that logic is?

#36 Edited by MainJP (5464 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos239 said:

@mainjp: Why didn’t they do the same thing against Jiren?

But they did? Vegeta unlocked Evolution during the TOP, and after he did he used it non stop.

#37 Posted by Chaos239 (5081 posts) - - Show Bio

@mainjp: As in why didn’t they use Fusion against Jiren. If Gogeta can curb stomp Jiren then why didn’t they fuse into Vegito to bring Jiren down? By your logic that’s because Jiren is beyond fusion and they knew it wouldn’t work.

#38 Posted by MainJP (5464 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos239 said:

By your logic that’s because Jiren is beyond fusion and they knew it wouldn’t work.

"Almost as if". Beside Toriyama ignoring the existence of these forms it just doesn't make sense in-universe not to use these forms. I assume going Kaio-ken and using Evolution is easier than teleporting away and learning a Metamoran fusion.

#39 Posted by Chaos239 (5081 posts) - - Show Bio

@mainjp: You can only have it 1 way.

Either Broly was beyond KKX20 and SSJBE while Jiren is beyond Blue Fusions or Toriyama simply didn’t write the forms in and Jiren wins via feats.

#40 Edited by TheTruthIII (3305 posts) - - Show Bio

@unfinishedusern said:
@thetruthiii said:

Everybody keeps tagging me, telling me I'm wrong while providing the absolute stupidest reasoning. "lol it's Gogeta", "lol watch the trailer". I have. I've watched the trailer and I've watched every spoiler video I can get my hands on. Let me put this in a way you fevered GT and Broly fanatics can understand;

Jiren. Has. Better. Feats. Period.

If you want to contest my point, say something better than "hurr durr wach da twaler". That's not an argument, that's an excuse. A facade to hide the broken record of a fanboy who can't formulate his thoughts properly. I can also tell you to go watch the Tournament of Power arc, because if you actually have you'd realize Jiren has replicated every single quantifiable feat Broly has managed. Trashing SSB Goku and SSB Vegeta simultaneously pales in comparison to what Jiren did on a regular basis the last couple episodes of DBS. Gogeta was stomping Broly, but since Jiren >>>>>>>> Broly, he's not stomping Jiren

Avatar image for unfinishedusern
#41 Posted by UnfinishedUsern (184 posts) - - Show Bio

@unfinishedusern said:
@thetruthiii said:

Everybody keeps tagging me, telling me I'm wrong while providing the absolute stupidest reasoning. "lol it's Gogeta", "lol watch the trailer". I have. I've watched the trailer and I've watched every spoiler video I can get my hands on. Let me put this in a way you fevered GT and Broly fanatics can understand;

Jiren. Has. Better. Feats. Period.

If you want to contest my point, say something better than "hurr durr wach da twaler". That's not an argument, that's an excuse. A facade to hide the broken record of a fanboy who can't formulate his thoughts properly. I can also tell you to go watch the Tournament of Power arc, because if you actually have you'd realize Jiren has replicated every single quantifiable feat Broly has managed. Trashing SSB Goku and SSB Vegeta simultaneously pales in comparison to what Jiren did on a regular basis the last couple episodes of DBS. Gogeta was stomping Broly, but since Jiren >>>>>>>> Broly, he's not stomping Jiren

Ok when we see what actually happens and you'll realize how wrong you are you'll be like damn i shoulda listened. But until then Duces.

#42 Posted by MainJP (5464 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos239 said:

Either Broly was beyond KKX20 and SSJBE while Jiren is beyond Blue Fusions

That can't be it, to answer your previous question because I just went back to the Kefla episodes:

Why didn’t they do the same thing against Jiren? This almost implies Suppressed Jiren is beyond Fusion.

Beerus refused to give them Potara earrings because of the added risk of losing 2 fighters at once as explained by Whis.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Beerus legit said, "forget the fusion". So with that...I'll just wait until the movie.

#43 Posted by Gaoron (7668 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos239 said:

@gaoron: I see.

In that case Jiren stomps Broly, there's nothing to say Broly could even fight SSJBKKX20 and SSJBE Vegeta in his LSSJ state, nevermind Jiren

Why? Brolly could somehwat keep up with SSB Gogeta judging by the newest trailer.

@mainjp said:

@gaoron: @chaos239: This begs the question though, why wouldn’t Goku and Vegeta use Kaio-ken x20 and Evolution if they’re getting stomped? Why consider fusion without exhausting every option they have? It’s almost as if they know it won’t be enough still.

Toriyama likely doesn't care about manga and anime exclusives Toei and Toyotaro written. He just goes by whatever he himself came up with.

#44 Posted by Karkus (471 posts) - - Show Bio

@skrskr:

We did, when he fought Champa in Episode 70.

#45 Posted by Karkus (471 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos239 said:

People have to remember that the Broly movie follows manga continuity. Manga Jiren is far weaker than anime Jiren to the point I say Gogeta stomps.

It follows Anime canon according to Toriyama.

The Dragon Ball Super movie this time around will be the next story that takes place after the anime that's currently on TV. The content will shed a little light on previously unexplored topics having to do with Frieza and the Saiyans, and I think it will be a very enjoyable story that serves up a long-awaited formidable opponent!

By the way, I think the highly popular Dragon Ball Super manga, drawn by Toyotaro,is going to see some developments different from the TV anime or movies, so please look forward to that. Be sure to check it out, too!"

#46 Edited by Skrskr (3134 posts) - - Show Bio

@karkus: I wouldn’t say a brotherly spat was them going for the kill, they were angry and trading blows.

It’s not like they powered up and started firing off blasts at each other.

When I say serious I mean beerus at full power, nothing in that scene indicates they are going at full power.

#47 Posted by Karkus (471 posts) - - Show Bio

@skrskr: If by serious you mean Full Power, then no, probably not due to the lack of powering up. If you mean serious as in Beerus was actually trying, then he was trying, as he said he was angry and they made eachother bleed and threatened to destroy Universe 6 and 7.

#48 Posted by Skrskr (3134 posts) - - Show Bio

@karkus: yeah I mean a full power beerus as the others guys comment was that jiren is for sure stronger than beerus and I disagreed because we have no idea what a full power beerus even means.

#49 Posted by Karkus (471 posts) - - Show Bio

@skrskr: I agree. I do think there's a strong chance Jiren might be stronger than Beerus, but there's definitely nothing definitive.

#50 Edited by Mr_Shazam0920 (3231 posts) - - Show Bio

Logically Gogeta SSB should megastomp.