Stops at Aquaman.
Malonius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Malonius

Hey...this is nice. Almost a Spider-man respect thread! What is the level ascribed to Spidey? He's like more than a street leveler but less than a city buster... How about 'blockbuster'?

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#53  Edited By Timandm

If morals are off for Spider Man.... I give Spider-Man the win all the way, even against Aqua man...

And I give him the win against Aqua man because:
1: The fight is in the Danger room not the ocean.
2: Spidey can clog Aqua Man's breathing passages with his webs...  This is something he thought of right before 'One More Day', that freaking awful event...  He told King Pin all he'd have to do is fire the webs into his mouth and he chokes to death.....

MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By MzombieX

If Spidey can make it past round 1 (which he can) then he is most definitely making it past round 2. 
Although unfortunately I'm just not entirely convinced he can make it past round 3 to continue on with this gauntlet ... where he could do much better against some of the other opponents higher up on this list.
Avatar image for sylarsamildanach
sylarsamildanach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By sylarsamildanach

Id say that ol spidey would make it through, hes tougher than most give him credit for ( not the ultimate one, hes a douche) 

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Fetts

Deathstroke with no prep would loose to Peter. But it definitely stops at Aquaman. 

Avatar image for supermandefender
supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By supermandefender
@demifiend said:
@supermandefender said:
Round 1.  Spidey vs Moonknight....spidey here is stronger, faster, and will out think Moonknight. Spidey all the way.
Round 2 Spidey vs Falcon- Falcon has the flight but thats pretty much it. Spidey can stick to walls and shoot webs from a distance. He will web up falcons wings and use his spidey sense to predict where Falcon will be next. Spidey wins. 
Round 3 Spidey vs Cyclops- This is a pretty close one. Cyclops physically wont match up to Spidey and also cant keep up. But then again Cyclops does have 2. His optic blast can nail Spidey from a distance and if Cyclops cuts loose and uses it at full power he can do some serious damage to Spiderman but I feel Spidey has too much going for him to pull out a decent 8 out of 10 victory over old cyclops here. Spidey has his spidey-sense and can predict where the next attack is going to be and react to it accordingly. Spidey will use his webs and his area around him for combat also. Cyclops will depend it all on his optic blasts. I feel spidey will get to him and deal a knock out blow to old cyclops here.  Good fight tho imo.
Round 4. Spidey vs Beast- Spidey all they way. Best maybe smarter but Spider gots him in every other area on top of that he has Spidey sense to predict Beasts attacks. That or warn him of oncoming attacks i should say. Not to mention Spidey is also pretty smart guy himself. I cant see beast tricking him in the heat of combat. If Beast had some prep yes but w/o im giving it to Spidey
Round 5.  Spidey vs Deadpool- This is a really good fight and hard to judge. Deadpool has his healing factor and can good with up close combat as well as fighting a distance. On top of that Deadpool can teleport around. However, Deadpools attitude often gets a bit to silly. Wolverine in the end would prove to give spidey a tougher match based on how Deadpool acts. Spidey has his spidey sense and can physically land a knock out blow to Deadpool. Plus this fight has been done as well as some others but my gut goes to spidey. He will predict where deadpool teleports and land a knock out blow. As far as Deadpools healing factor. It wont matter it and doesnt stop that fact you can still be knocked out by a stronger opponent. And spidey is stronger by a little i would say.
Round 6. Spidey vs Gambit-  Gambit could do some damage if he fought well but Spidey is use to dodging stuff that blows up near him. Not a problem Spidey out fights him, out moves him, and out thinks him. 
Round 7. Spidey vs Blade-  Good fight this is really close. Its been done in comics and on tv. As far as I see it Spidey takes this 7 out of 10. Blades only problem here is he is use to fighting vampires. Blade can out fight Spidey but Spidey wont fight someone who can out fight him. Its not his style. Spidey will stick to walls and web around while landing some power blows. Blade has the tools to get around Spideys webs but Spidey has his trusty Spidey sense which will help him out of jams. Spidey lands a Knock out blow. 
Round 8. Spidey vs Deathstroke- This is a interesting fight. Deathstroke reminds me alot of a mix between blade and punisher and they both alone can proof to be a tuff fight for Spidey. But non the less im going to side with Spidey again on this 1. Simply because Spidey is a intelligent fighter and Deathstroke is more of guns man a killer for hire type. Deathstroke can fight up close with the best of them and can fight at a distance with his guns. This is def. a tough fight and would be a very interesting one. However, once again Spidey has his spidey sense and can predict danger coming his way before it gets there. The bullet will miss. Spidey has dodged bullets before. I believe Spidey will be able to get to deathstroke and land a knock out blow. Spidey is stronger than Deathstroke. However, Deathstroke has gone toe to toe with the Titans by himself and proved to be a problem to the JLA. Its a tough call but im gonna give it to Spidey barely 6 out of 10 times. 
Round 9. Spidey vs Aquaman- Tough fight. This really depends where. If its in the water Aquaman hands down. But on land in the city of New york where spidey has alot of web room then spidey. The problem with this fight is you dont really make it fair either way. Aquaman is at his best near some water and Spidey is at his best around skyscrapers. Strength im going to lean to Aquaman being stronger but Spidey is faster on land. Spidey also has spider sense and depending on where the fight is depends on the winner. On land you take away one of Aquamans strongest powers and thats his ability to talk and control the animals of the sea. Giant whales and such. On land he cant do any of that. He pretty much has alittle super strength but thats pretty much it. Spidey can web him up and keep at a distance till Aqua lets his guard down. Then Spidey will strike. Spidey will take this fight on land.  And like i said in the water....spidey is pretty much screwed because no webs, no sticking, no point. Spidey could swim faster but thats pretty much it. Spidey sense will do him little good here to many fish in the sea and Aquaman can out swim him and its just not good.  Seeing that i cant see Spidey fighting Aquaman in the water for whatever reason....im going to say this fight takes place on land. If thats the case Spidey takes it atleast 7 out of 10 times.   As far as i see it. Spidey can clear this with spidey sense, intellect, and having better physical stats than some of the others here.
WOw nice post. 

:). I wasnt trying but thnx. I am the master debator you know lmao. j/k :P;) ^_^;
sa5m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#58  Edited By sa5m

Stop at round 9 =)

Avatar image for magnusthemagnificent
MagnusTheMagnificent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, morals on for all the opponents...  That means Cyclops won't use his lawn-blast, and without that he won't be a problem for Spidey.
I think that Deadpool would give Spidey some trouble because of the teleport, but not enough to beat him.
Spidey can beat all the others without much effort. Too fast and too strong, and his Spidey-sense is a life-saver.
Deathstroke doesn't really have any hero-morals, so that won't stop him from going all out, but I don't see him defeating Spidey without prep.
Aquaman is the greatest challenge here, mainly due to his TP IMO. Take that away and I can see Spider-man winning.
Much stronger yes, but Spidey could dodge most if not all Aquaman's attacks. Then web him up and pound on Aquaman until he goes down. Could Aquaman break Spidey's web before passing out, or will it be another Firelord beatdown?
Or just clog his lungs, which would work much quicker.

demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By demifiend
@MagnusTheMagnificent said:
Hmm, morals on for all the opponents...  That means Cyclops won't use his lawn-blast, and without that he won't be a problem for Spidey.I think that Deadpool would give Spidey some trouble because of the teleport, but not enough to beat him.Spidey can beat all the others without much effort. Too fast and too strong, and his Spidey-sense is a life-saver.Deathstroke doesn't really have any hero-morals, so that won't stop him from going all out, but I don't see him defeating Spidey without prep. Aquaman is the greatest challenge here, mainly due to his TP IMO. Take that away and I can see Spider-man winning. Much stronger yes, but Spidey could dodge most if not all Aquaman's attacks. Then web him up and pound on Aquaman until he goes down. Could Aquaman break Spidey's web before passing out, or will it be another Firelord beatdown? Or just clog his lungs, which would work much quicker.
what about blade? that guy is not joke.
MagnusTheMagnificent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demifiend said:
@MagnusTheMagnificent said:
Hmm, morals on for all the opponents...  That means Cyclops won't use his lawn-blast, and without that he won't be a problem for Spidey.I think that Deadpool would give Spidey some trouble because of the teleport, but not enough to beat him.Spidey can beat all the others without much effort. Too fast and too strong, and his Spidey-sense is a life-saver.Deathstroke doesn't really have any hero-morals, so that won't stop him from going all out, but I don't see him defeating Spidey without prep. Aquaman is the greatest challenge here, mainly due to his TP IMO. Take that away and I can see Spider-man winning. Much stronger yes, but Spidey could dodge most if not all Aquaman's attacks. Then web him up and pound on Aquaman until he goes down. Could Aquaman break Spidey's web before passing out, or will it be another Firelord beatdown? Or just clog his lungs, which would work much quicker.
what about blade? that guy is not joke.
Yeah, Blade is not a push-over, I agree, but I don't think he is quick or strong enough to defeat Spider-man.
Sure, he will most likely land a blow or three, but with morals on he won't try to kill Spider-man, which means he won't decapitate or stab him.
Plus, Blade does not have the strength to break the webbing if Spider-man covers him.

The key here is that with morals on, only Deathstroke would actually try to kill Spider-man, but a blood-lusted Spidey wouldn't hold anything back against his opponents.
Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62  Edited By Edgeworth_11

He stops at Cyclops.
WaveMotionGun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By WaveMotionGun

Stops at Aquaman.

demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By demifiend

well aquaman is no shit. 

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Edgeworth_11

Cyclops is THE shit. He doesnt miss and his blast tore off Hulk's skin, destroyed Mr.Sinister, vanquished the brood, etc. Spidy doesnt stand a chance.
demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By demifiend
@Edgeworth_11 said:
Cyclops is THE shit. He doesnt miss and his blast tore off Hulk's skin, destroyed Mr.Sinister, vanquished the brood, etc. Spidy doesnt stand a chance.
but dont you think he is a lot faster and skilled, and spidey has no morals here, he has fight entire xmen by himself with morals on. 
Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Edgeworth_11
@demifiend said:
@Edgeworth_11 said:
but dont you think he is a lot faster and skilled, and spidey has no morals here, he has fight entire xmen by himself with morals on. 

I wouldnt call that a fight. At most, he evaded an assault. The X-men were holding back, other wise, most of them would take him on easily.
blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By blacharrt

This would be a tough fight, Blade would be hard to beat but i think spidey could be him, same with Deathstroke, because he doesn't have prep in this match.  With a Random encounter it would be pretty hard to beat spiderman.
Aquaman... i don't see him beating.
I think he stops at 6.  I mean spiderman has experience with invincible guys like juggernaut and hulk but they don't have the intelligence to out think him in those encounters.
Aquaman would be a little too much.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#69  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@Edgeworth_11 said:
Doesn't matter what his blasts did there, he has morals on here and Spidey is a friend. Hulk was an enemy and just maxed with his visor on, sinister is an enemy, brood removed his visor. He isn't gonna one hit KO with morals on.
spystreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#70  Edited By spystreak
@Edgeworth_11 said:

Cyclops is  shit.

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Edgeworth_11
@spystreak
Cyclops is DA s - - t.
spystreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#72  Edited By spystreak
@Edgeworth_11 said:

@spystreak: Cyclops is DA s - - t.

If you say so
Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Edgeworth_11
@spystreak said:
@Edgeworth_11 said:

@spystreak: Cyclops is DA s - - t.

If you say so

Word.
MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By MzombieX
@god_spawn said:

@Edgeworth_11

said:

Doesn't matter what his blasts did there, he has morals on here and Spidey is a friend. Hulk was an enemy and just maxed with his visor on, sinister is an enemy, brood removed his visor. He isn't gonna one hit KO with morals on.

True, I agree that with morals on he wouldn't be using the full power output to completely shred Spidey such as the "Lawn Blast" or when he struck Brood, Sinister, Hulk etc. 
This doesn't mean he can't regulate the power output and still be accurate and control the width of his concussive blasts while using them in the same manner as mentioned above ...  
yet only using enough force to go for a knockout rather than disintegration. He can fire a blast pinpoint to pierce Blob or use a small blast with lighter touch to knock around pool balls on a billiard table. 
He can wash the area in a wide beam stripping flesh or wash the area in a similar sized beam to slam opponents. 
He is still capable of everything mentioned but simply has to tone down the juice since he isn't trying to kill Spidey but could just adjust to render him unconscious instead.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@MzombieX: I didn't saying he beat Cykes now did I? Pulling up examples of him doing something out of normal character isn't a valid argument.
MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By MzombieX
@god_spawn said:

@MzombieX: I didn't saying he beat Cykes now did I? Pulling up examples of him doing something out of normal character isn't a valid argument.

Wether you said he beat him or not, you said that he couldn't KO him with morals on and gave specific reasons as to why ... which I responded to. 
I don't see where the confusion is in my post. I answered pretty straightforward to your response. 
How is Cyclops using his concussive blasts to knock out an opponent with non - lethal force, out of character? Are you seriously saying that Cyclops is a hard core killer that takes the life of every opponent he attacks? 
It is perfectly within character and he is capable of doing so and has shown the ability to have absolute control over the range and width and power output of his blasts before - time and again.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@MzombieX: No I did not. I said he isn't going to one hit KO him not that he can't KO him. Don't twist my words around.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#78  Edited By Matezoide2
@god_spawn said:

@MzombieX: No I did not. I said he isn't going to one hit KO him not that he can't KO him. Don't twist my words around.

obviously,he could,but against a hero he respects? no way he would unleash too much power on Spidey on fear of killing him,that's his downfall
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By difficlus
@SlimJ87D said:
 I think he clears it or stops at Aquaman. Deathstroke is no problem to Spider-man. 
MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By MzombieX
@god_spawn said:

Well that's completely arguable wether or not he can one hit KO him. He did a pretty good job regulating the output of his blasts, just enough to account for one shotting Wolverine. 
Why not Spidey? Let's just say for example that he doesn't do it in one shot, for arguments sake.  
Even if not, a wide blast that would be far more difficult to avoid, could slam him down stunning him nearly to the point of being unconscious ... while followed with a well placed shot to the head could go for the KO.  
(Concussive Blasts) the name speaks for itself.
Nobody is twisting your words. You clearly stated he wouldn't be able to KO him with morals on. If you want to nitpick about it and say "One-Shot" KO him, that isn't necessarily true either in my opinion. 
You have now also said that being able to perform feats of the control I described are out of character for him and invalid, which I highly disagree with and in all fairness I am addressing those comments. 
I am simply argueing the fact that morals on or off does not necessarily change a damn thing. 
You can agree or not, but own up to your statements. 
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@Matezoide: Wait are you debating against me bringing up the same point I said in my first post against Edgeworth or agreeing with me? 
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#82  Edited By Matezoide2
@god_spawn said:
@Matezoide: Wait are you debating against me bringing up the same point I said in my first post against Edgeworth or agreeing with me? 
i was just clarifying your post regarding Cyclops vs Spider-Man
MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By MzombieX
@Matezoide said:

@god_spawn said:

obviously,he could,but against a hero he respects? no way he would unleash too much power on Spidey on fear of killing him,that's his downfall

True enough. he wouldn't want to unleash too much power of lethal potential. He does fear what that power is capable of. 
Yet mainly he fears the potential of what occurs when the visor is off or should he lose control in that situation. Yet he has spent many years of training devoted to maintaining that control. 
He is a master tactician and has displayed the power when using his visor to manipulate these beams with non-lethal results and use force ranging from everything to knocking around pool balls with precision trajectory 
to pushing a button on the far end of a room ... or placing that same focussed beam through a concrete wall.  
With all his experience, he has phenomenal ability for the touch and degree of regulating the output of his blasts. He wouldn't go all out with the force ... but can also choose not to. 
He routinely uses non lethal force and doesn't open up fully on his opponents because he doesn't wish to kill and only chooses to incapacitate. 
He has trained himself specifically to do so.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@MzombieX:

Well that's completely arguable wether or not he can one hit KO him. He did a pretty good job regulating the output of his blasts, just enough to account for one shotting Wolverine

No it's not really arguable he can one shot him. I said he won't due to morals. 

Why not Spidey? Let's just say for example that he doesn't do it in one shot, for arguments sake

Better question why would he to Spidey? How many times has he actually shot Wolverine with his blasts? Dozens want to know why? Because Wolverine pisses him off, Wolverine can take it, and Wolverine can heal quickly, Spider-Man cannot.

Even if not, a wide blast that would be far more difficult to avoid, could slam him down stunning him nearly to the point of being unconscious ... while followed with a well placed shot to the head could go for the KO

Why would he go for a wide blast which is weaker against someone who outclasses him physically when he knows full well his slim beams are more powerful?

Nobody is twisting your words. You clearly stated he wouldn't be able to KO him with morals on. If you want to nitpick about it and say "One-Shot" KO him, that isn't necessarily true either in my opinion

No you are twisting my words around, I said he isn't going to not that he can't. I wouldn't be so nit picky if you didn't tell me what I didn't say even though it's clear as day I know what I said.  Point is Spider-Man is a respected hero, friends to the X-men and Cyclops has always had a subconscious issue with his control over his powers. The fact he knows he's fighting spider-man in character already sets him at a disadvantage. He  knows full well what his control over his powers are but he doesn't know the full extent of Spider-Man's durability. He won't use lethal force in fear of killing him because it's spider-man. 

You have now also said that being able to perform feats of the control I described are out of character for him and invalid, which I highly disagree with and in all fairness I am addressing those comments

Again quit putting words in my mouth. I said no such thing that your points are invalid i stated yet again that he won't go for a 1 shot. I think you're just over analyzing what I've been saying.

I am simply argueing the fact that morals on or off does not necessarily change a damn thing. 
You can agree or not, but own up to your statements.

It does change things. Why would he use lethal force against an opponent who he respects and are friends? This isn't Wolverine, Wolverine heals and can take what Cyclops dishes out. Cyclops knows full well what Wolverine can take, he does not for Spider-Man.  And what am I not owning up to? You keep telling me things that I'm not saying.  I never said he wouldn't be able to one shot KO him, I said he won't difference. I never said your points were invalid. If you want to keep addressing on me of what I didn't say then don't expect a reply, that simple.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@Matezoide: Thank you, but I think I just clarified things up in my last post.
Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Edgeworth_11

MzombieX brought up some great points. CYclops, brilliant tactian, would know what to do to take down Spidy. He has great control with his visor and he knows Spidy well. He would know how much out put he needs to keep him down,.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@Edgeworth_11 said:
MzombieX brought up some great points. CYclops, brilliant tactian, would know what to do to take down Spidy. He has great control with his visor and he knows Spidy well. He would know how much out put he needs to keep him down,.
Prove it. He can be a great tactician but what is that going to matter against Spider-Man who's smarter? He has great control but against an opponent that he doesn't know the upper limits of his durability, of what he can take. How is he going to set up someone who is smarter and physically outclasses him? How do you know he would know what to take Spider-Man down? He doesn't have prep. He doesn't know Peter has no morals in this fight. Spider-Man is out for blood, he is at 100% during the fight while Cyclops doesn't know that. Spider-Man is going all out, Scott no he isn't. Scott has respect for a friend and fears what he would do to spider-man, Peter doesn't care if he has Scott's spine in his hands.
AtheneOwnsYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By AtheneOwnsYou
@god_spawn said:
@Edgeworth_11 said:
Prove it. He can be a great tactician but what is that going to matter against Spider-Man who's smarter? He has great control but against an opponent that he doesn't know the upper limits of his durability, of what he can take. How is he going to set up someone who is smarter and physically outclasses him? How do you know he would know what to take Spider-Man down? He doesn't have prep. He doesn't know Peter has no morals in this fight. Spider-Man is out for blood, he is at 100% during the fight while Cyclops doesn't know that. Spider-Man is going all out, Scott no he isn't. Scott has respect for a friend and fears what he would do to spider-man, Peter doesn't care if he has Scott's spine in his hands.
I agree. Scott has his morals which will be his downfall to the spider, since pete does not have any morals. If both had morals off however, i can see scott winning.  
However...just because peter is smarter does not mean scott isn't either. A tactical mind with brains is far greater then just brains... 
demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By demifiend
@god_spawn said:
@Edgeworth_11 said:
agree. 
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@demifiend: Thank you, I'm just going off what you gave us.
MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By MzombieX
@god_spawn

None of that means anything. Because nobody is saying he has to one shot him to death. That was the whole point of my initial response to you to begin with.
He is fully and completely capable of one shotting him with precision and control and specific pressure to knock him unconscious.  

Out of anyone here he is the one most fully equipped and skilled to do so without major incident. He is highly trained in fact to do so, and has the range advantage to do so. 
He can bring him down and take him out without lethal harm and put an end to his bloodlust, before anyone gets seriously hurt without even having to get close ... 
because of how skilled he is at controlling the output of his weapon at such highly varying degrees.   

He has used his ability of spatial awareness, precision, and timing and anticipation to tag opponents of speed such as Northstar and Nightcrawler during teleportation, so it isn't completely unlikely he could tag Spidey. 
Scott has taken out Wolverine perhaps using more force, but he has also taken out opponents far less durable than Spider-Man without killing them. He can run a pool table without even scratching the cue ball or  
shatter a mountain and every level of pressure that lies in between. He routinely doesn't go all out on his enemies because he doesn't wish to kill them. 
So what is the difference in this situation? It's what he has trained himself for in the field of battle. 

He does not have to use lethal force and more often than not, refuses to use the full extent of lethal force in most situations. So this situation is no different and it doesn't matter if he and Spider-Man have mutual respect. 
Scott knows Spider-Man well enough to know how to gauge his durability and if he knows that he is bloodlusted and is a threat that needs to be put down, he will do what is necessary.
He has also done the same when taking out Beast when he had to put him down and used a blast to simply subdue him. They are good friends also, are they not?
MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By MzombieX
@god_spawn said:

You have now also said that being able to perform feats of the control I described are out of character for him and invalid, which I highly disagree with and in all fairness I am addressing those comments 

"Again quit putting words in my mouth. I said no such thing that your points are invalid i stated yet again that he won't go for a 1 shot. I think you're just over analyzing what I've been saying."   

"Doesn't matter what his blasts did there, he has morals on here and Spidey is a friend. Hulk was an enemy and just maxed with his visor on, sinister is an enemy, brood removed his visor. He isn't gonna one hit KO with morals on."                                    

Wether or not he "could" or "would" - "one-shot" KO him or "2-shot" KO him ... my point to you remains the same , that he is fully capable of doing any of it.

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Edgeworth_11

@god_spawn said:

@Edgeworth_11 said:

Scott knocked out Blade, who is tougher than Spidy, with one well placed shot. He doesn't know Blade well, but knew how much power he needed to knock him out. Spidy goes down to the one-eyed wonder, Cyclops!
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@MzombieX: Ok last for the last time to get it through your head, I said he won't. Here I'll bold it for you , won't. Not that he can't but he won't. He is perfectly capable of doing so but, guess what he won't. 

None of that means anything. Because nobody is saying he has to one shot him to death. That was the whole point of my initial response to you to begin with.
He is fully and completely capable of one shotting him with precision and control and specific pressure to knock him unconscious

And who said he will one shot him to death? Do you retain anything I've said? Edgeworth brought up points of examples of something that was under special circumstances. Brood took off his sunglasses, Hulk was an enemy and he just maxed. I was telling him that he won't anything like that here, not that Cyclops can't beat him, not that Cyclops can't one shot him. 

Out of anyone here he is the one most fully equipped and skilled to do so without major incident. He is highly trained in fact to do so, and has the range advantage to do so. 
He can bring him down and take him out without lethal harm and put an end to his bloodlust, before anyone gets seriously hurt without even having to get close ... 
because of how skilled he is at controlling the output of his weapon at such highly varying degrees

I don't care if Cyclops is highly trained, he doesn't even get a defined starting distance to have a clear advantage, for all you know Spider-Man can be a foot in front of him. Bring up a better argument than he is just skilled.

He has used his ability of spatial awareness, precision, and timing and anticipation to tag opponents of speed such as Northstar and Nightcrawler during teleportation, so it isn't completely unlikely he could tag Spidey. 
Scott has taken out Wolverine perhaps using more force, but he has also taken out opponents far less durable than Spider-Man without killing them. He can run a pool table without even scratching the cue ball or  
shatter a mountain and every level of pressure that lies in between. He routinely doesn't go all out on his enemies because he doesn't wish to kill them. 
So what is the difference in this situation? It's what he has trained himself for in the field of battle.

You're not explaining anything I don't already know. I never said Spider-man is going to avoid every shot, tagging Northstar is a good example that Scott has good skill. Nightcrawler, not impressive, Daredevil has managed to find a pattern in his ports, since Cyclops works with him, I'm sure as hell he would do so. Bringing up other people is not the point. You used Wolverine who can heal, won't die. Bringing up the pool example is pointless.  The mountain  example is pointless because that was a type of example that  started this whole thing. Bingo you said it, he does not routinely go all out on his opponents which is why I told Edgeworth those examples are pointless because he will not use any of that power. Does that get through?

He does not have to use lethal force and more often than not, refuses to use the full extent of lethal force in most situations. So this situation is no different and it doesn't matter if he and Spider-Man have mutual respect. 
Scott knows Spider-Man well enough to know how to gauge his durability and if he knows that he is bloodlusted and is a threat that needs to be put down, he will do what is necessary.
He has also done the same when taking out Beast when he had to put him down and used a blast to simply subdue him. They are good friends also, are they not?

This is my problem with you, 
1. I never said he had to use lethal force.
2. I merely called out Edgeworth that the points he brought up are pointless.
3. You told me things I already know of and you started telling me what I said even though I did not.

Yes it does matter, this isn't an X-men he knows, he knows his teammates limits, he has ways to take them down, he knows what it takes to subdue Beast friend or not because he had to. How about you pick a character that isn't an X-man.  He does not have a bio on Spider-Man. He does not files on Spider-Man incase he goes rogue.  He could gauge it but will most likely take the least amount because he does not want to kill him, lethal force or not it is not in his character on a well respected hero in fear of killing him. Scott is powerful, he does not know the limits of Spider-Man, he does not get prep, he has no knowledge of him being bloodlusted. Here I'll even quote the OP so that it gets through to you.

PETER HAS NO MORALS 
HE RECOVERS COMPLETY AFTER EVERY FIGHT 
WINS VIA KO OR DEATH 
MORALS ON FOR HIS OPONENTS 
FIGHT IN DANGER ROOM. 
CAN HE CLEARS IT?

Look where does it say he knows he is bloodlusted? He is going to take a random shot in the dark in the fight going off an estimate as soon as the fight starts, his character is to not kill Spider-Man, he will try to gauge try to think of the perfect blast. Problem is Spider-Man has no morals, Scott is not coming into this with a plan,  he does not know he is fighting Spider-Man, he has no time to prepare. You want to know what happens when someone bloodlusted gets Cyclops cornered? He screams, read Wolverine origins. He knew Wolverine was bloodlusted, Logan got in close and Cyclops screamed and put his hands over his face. Spider-Man bloodlusted without Cyclops knowing anything before hand, he is not even allowed to think til the fight starts and Peter is not going to give him the chance. 

You keep blabbing on and on about his skill and other X-men as points and twisting my words around. He does not have knowledge on Spider-Man's durability limit, he has no plan to take him down. Spider-man is not beast, he is not Wolverine. Cyclops has no knowledge Peter is blood lusted. Peter could probably blitz him after the first shot is blown off which can miss. 1 hit is all Peter needs Cyclops in character, will take more than one in character because of his respect.

I'm done repeating myself with you, don't expect a reply this time, don't even bother actually.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@Edgeworth_11 said:

@god_spawn said:

@Edgeworth_11 said:

Scott knocked out Blade, who is tougher than Spidy, with one well placed shot. He doesn't know Blade well, but knew how much power he needed to knock him out. Spidy goes down to the one-eyed wonder, Cyclops!
Quit X-men fanboying for once on here. He shot Blade in the back when he wasn't looking while Blade was  trying to kill Dracula. He repeatedly told Blade to stand down and he figured he would try and attack Dracula, he had time to think, he doesn;t here. Your point is moot.
Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Edgeworth_11
@god_spawn
He did take out Blade with a mild blast. Spidy should go down fast and easy too.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Silver2467
@Edgeworth_11 said: 

Scott knocked out Blade, who is tougher than Spidy, with one well placed shot.   

What? How is Blade tougher than Spidey? Durability/healing/pain tolerance feats, please.  

He doesn't know Blade well, but knew how much power he needed to knock him out.

You just validated God_Spawn's point. He knew how much power he needed to knock him out. The same cannot be said about Cyclops engaging Spider-Man.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@Edgeworth_11 said:

@god_spawn: He did take out Blade with a mild blast. Spidy should go down fast and easy too.

No, he won't. He does not have time to think and come up with something here. Peter is not distracted by someone outside, Peter is not telling Scott oh i'm gonna attack Dracula with Scott repeatedly saying don't do it. Scott hit him in the spine with a timed and measured shot. He knew Blade would attack and he thought about it and fired. The second Cyclops sees Spider-Man he is going to go by what he knows of spider-man. He knows he likes to joke, dodge and holds back. That is already a disadvantage out of the starting gate. The second Parker sees him Peter is going to say dead Cyclops and blitz him. They both know eachother, but Scott does not know what a bloodlusted Spider-Man can and will do. If Scott does try to think he is going to try and plan accordingly of what he knows which is not what Spider-Man is truly capable of.
MagnusTheMagnificent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-man has his spider-sense here.
Cyclops fires at him, Spidey ducks and then punches Cyclops.

The End.

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Edgeworth_11
@god_spawn said:
@Edgeworth_11 said:

@god_spawn: He did take out Blade with a mild blast. Spidy should go down fast and easy too.

No, he won't. He does not have time to think and come up with something here. Peter is not distracted by someone outside, Peter is not telling Scott oh i'm gonna attack Dracula with Scott repeatedly saying don't do it. Scott hit him in the spine with a timed and measured shot. He knew Blade would attack and he thought about it and fired. The second Cyclops sees Spider-Man he is going to go by what he knows of spider-man. He knows he likes to joke, dodge and holds back. That is already a disadvantage out of the starting gate. The second Parker sees him Peter is going to say dead Cyclops and blitz him. They both know eachother, but Scott does not know what a bloodlusted Spider-Man can and will do. If Scott does try to think he is going to try and plan accordingly of what he knows which is not what Spider-Man is truly capable of.

You are selling Scott short. Cyclops takes him down easy.
@Silver2467 said:
@Edgeworth_11 said: 

Scott knocked out Blade, who is tougher than Spidy, with one well placed shot.   

What? How is Blade tougher than Spidey? Durability/healing/pain tolerance feats, please.  

He doesn't know Blade well, but knew how much power he needed to knock him out.

You just validated God_Spawn's point. He knew how much power he needed to knock him out. The same cannot be said about Cyclops engaging Spider-Man.

How did I validate it? Scott doesn't know how tough Blade is, but he successfully knocked him out.