Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@xlr87t3 said:

@vegandiet said:

@xlr87t3 said:

@xlr87t3 said:

This is asinine, but also confusing in a way. On one side of the argument Master Chief has 15 times the reflexes of normal people. But on the other side of the argument John-117 supposedly has reflexes 100 times greater than a normal person! Ain't nobody got time for that!

I guess everyone can just, you know, ignore my well thought out post... :(

Do you have this stat documented anywhere?

Do you have any feats for Master Chief's reflexes that trump Spidey being able to dodge lightning?

Read through this thread. http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/master-chief-vs-raiden-1465496/

What I'm asking is if he has feats to back up these supposed stats? Because I certainly don't recall any.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By XLR87T3

@xlr87t3 said:

@vegandiet said:

@xlr87t3 said:

@xlr87t3 said:

This is asinine, but also confusing in a way. On one side of the argument Master Chief has 15 times the reflexes of normal people. But on the other side of the argument John-117 supposedly has reflexes 100 times greater than a normal person! Ain't nobody got time for that!

I guess everyone can just, you know, ignore my well thought out post... :(

Do you have this stat documented anywhere?

Do you have any feats for Master Chief's reflexes that trump Spidey being able to dodge lightning?

Read through this thread. http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/master-chief-vs-raiden-1465496/

What I'm asking is if he has feats to back up these supposed stats? Because I certainly don't recall any.

You should ask them @cadencev2 and @deranged_midget. Honestly, in my opinion, if Master Chief hurt his leg after sprinting 90 or 100 mph, then he shouldn't even have the audacity to have supersonic reflexes (which is what 100x human reflexes will give you).

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally do not believe Master Chief is a 100 times faster than a peak human at all. In fact alot of his feats completely suggest otherwise. Its just some silly statement in a novel of his reaction time that is completely unsupported by his feats.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By XLR87T3

@cadencev2 said:

I personally do not believe Master Chief is a 100 times faster than a peak human at all. In fact alot of his feats completely suggest otherwise. Its just some silly statement in a novel of his reaction time that is completely unsupported by his feats.

So do we agree that beings like Spider-Man, Raiden, or Dragonborn are faster than Master Chief and can speed-blitz him? Can we agree on that?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By MonsterStomp

@strider92 said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

3x human reaction time(on par with Spider Senses)

Reaction time has nothing to do with spidersense and anyway Spider-man has 40x the reaction speed of a peak human so thats still far beyond MC. MC is no where near on par with Spider-man in terms of speed/reflexes. If MC really is a 2 tonner then he can't break out of webbing either.

I thought Master Chief had 75 times that of an average human (inside his suit)? Based on my math anyway. Average human = 300 millisecond, MC in his suit = 4 millisecond. 300/4 = 75.

I generally accepted MC with 4 millisecond because him suit is said to amp the users abilities by a factor of 5. 20 milliseconds/5 = 4 milliseconds. This could possibly be faster because MC evolves but that's the general number I give him. Also his strength is 3.5 ton at least. Not sure if that was recorded with or without his suit. His durability will be a problem for Spidey though.

He doesn't really have feats that put him this fast but he did pretty much solo entire Promethean armies that have weapons that would turn his armour to ash. Even though it was off panel, sort of.

IMO MC takes 6/10.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By XLR87T3

One more thing. Spider-Man has the speed (equates to force) and strength to punch a hole through Spartan-IIs armor & body.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3 said:

One more thing. Spider-Man has the speed (equates to force) and strength to punch a hole through Spartan-IIs armor & body.

Evidence? The Mjolnir armour has tanked an excessive force of 400k Newtons from falling from space... Twice. When has Spiderman dished out that much force?

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3 said:

Evidence? The Mjolnir armour has tanked an excessive force of 400k Newtons from falling from space... Twice. When has Spiderman dished out that much force?

And, in those same games, he can get bludgeoned to death by people far below Spider-man's weight class.

Current Scorpion can literally laugh off falls from terminal velocity and Spider-man has downed him with one hit on two occasions.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vegandiet: That's gameplay mechanics. Also its non canon if you die. That's not the point I was getting at though, the previous argument was that Spidey can put holes in the Mjolnir.

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vegandiet: That's gameplay mechanics. Also its non canon if you die. That's not the point I was getting at though, the previous argument was that Spidey can put holes in the Mjolnir.

He's torn through or damaged Iron Man's armors on a few occasions. I'm fairly certain Iron Man's armors are more durable than the Chief's.

IRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By IRS

And, in those same games, he can get bludgeoned to death by people far below Spider-man's weight class.

@monsterstomp That's a game mechanic. I think cut-scenes are fine but I don't think in game feats should be accepted from any game. Otherwise you then also have to accept Chief lifting a scorpion tank as a feat and other stuff that you know just shouldn't be.

Just to set the record straight on Chief's reaction time, he's got a 20 millisecond base reaction time, that's outside of the armor at rest. With adrenaline pumping that's reduced significantly, and inside the armor it's reduced to almost 0. That was the problem with the Mjolnir armor, it makes the body move at the speed of thought which killed every non-super soldier who tried to use it.

OP states he has Cortana so the intelligence factor actually goes to him. I don't see that changing anything but I'd thought I'd mention it since someone gave it to Peter a couple pages ago.

Also, I'm not too sure how spider sense works but with cortana using more and more data from Peter's dodging to predict his dodge pattern would that help land a blow?

That question was just for curiosity sake, because everything I said was just to clarify things and doesn't matter in this fight at all. <s>Peter is going to web him up from the start and that's the end folks.</s>

EDIT: Scratch that, I just remembered that chief's shield is an almost frictionless surface. Does anyone know if Spider-man's webbing has a problem sticking to really slippery stuff?

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vegandiet said:

@monsterstomp said:

He's torn through or damaged Iron Man's armors on a few occasions. I'm fairly certain Iron Man's armors are more durable than the Chief's.

So? Master Chief has torn through Wrath (covenant tanks) armour. How durable is IM damaged armour?

Umm.... okay? I didn't say he couldn't?

It's been able to take shots from the Hulk, and Namor on a consistent basis.

It even managed to take a few shots from an angry Thor before it was dismantled.

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By VeganDiet

@monsterstomp said:

@vegandiet: I doubt IM armour was damaged when he went up against Hulk and Thor. You're changing your argument now. How durable is Ironman's damaged armour? Could it tank a fall from space? Twice? Master Chief has been in the same armour since Halo 3 I think. Master Chief's armour regenerates in seconds. Even though Spiderman could get a few hits in Master Chief is arguable as fast and can avoid his blows for a few seconds.

No? I haven't? Re-read my first post.

And again, Spider-man has torn through Scorpion's armor before. Scorpion's armor is capable of tanking falls from terminal velocity.

And I highly doubt Master Chief is even arguably as fast as Spider-man.

If these uploaded right:

In the first two scans, he outraces an electrical blast, after it's fired, and moves the target out of the way.

In the next two, he outraces a bullet to it's target and moves them out of the way.

He's also webbed bullets out of the air and dodges lightning on a consistent basis, on one occasion without his spider sense.

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vegandiet said:

@monsterstomp said:

@vegandiet: I doubt IM armour was damaged when he went up against Hulk and Thor. You're changing your argument now. How durable is Ironman's damaged armour? Could it tank a fall from space? Twice? Master Chief has been in the same armour since Halo 3 I think. Master Chief's armour regenerates in seconds. Even though Spiderman could get a few hits in Master Chief is arguable as fast and can avoid his blows for a few seconds.

No? I haven't? Re-read my first post.

And again, Spider-man has torn through Scorpion's armor before. Scorpion's armor is capable of tanking falls from terminal velocity.

What first post? MC can't tag Spidey?

Captain Keys has stated that whilst watching Spartan's spar he could barely see them, that they moved at a blur. Why can't Spiderman be tagged?

My first post about the Iron Man armors. I didn't say anything about them being damaged when Spidey fought them.

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By VeganDiet

@vegandiet: Yes you did. Look at the 111th post.

Maybe you should look at it. Because I say he's "He's torn through or damaged" the armors, not that they were damaged when he tore through them.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ooo my bad lol. I'll pick this up later.

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's cool dude.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By XLR87T3

Master Chief is not as fast as Spidey. Spider-Man can run over 200 mph. MC runs 45 mph! Peter has way faster limbs so all these lies about Master Chief's "reaction time", well, John will see him coming but is too slow to do anything about it.

I must wonder, does Spidey ever break the sound barrier when he does those super fast jumps?

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey can run over 200 mph?!? Really?!? Since when?!? Scans if you don't mind?

Either way, I'm not entirely sure who I think will win...my first thought was Spider Man, since it would be extremely hard for MC to tag him without PIS. But now that I think about it, MC has millisecond reaction time correct? While Spidey still has him beat, I guess slower people have tagged Spidey, so I suppose MC could!

Aside from speed and agility, it just seems that MC has every other advantage. Superior strength, durability, technology, and intelligence. On top of that, his hand to hand is debatably better too. Debatably.

Ultimately, at the moment, I'd probably give it to MC 8/10!

Jmarshmallow

Trollheim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Master Chief fell from LOW ORBIT holding onto a piece of debris. Totally different from actually falling from space.

Spoodermin takes this. Faster, strong, spider sense, webs that Master Chief can't break out of, etc.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#125  Edited By leonkarlen123

Master Chief flip tanks and buses weighting 50 ton plus. Spiderman stopped a train by the help of web. Which might require about 5 ton strength. Spiderman fight criminals. Chief fights aliens and space ships bigger than cities. I don't actually think the web has any effect on him because of the armor. It's shield wont let the web stuck him. It would burn the web and then chief takes a gravity gun slow spidy down and break his back.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#126  Edited By Strider1992

@leonkarlen123 said:

Master Chief flip tanks and buses weighting 50 ton plus. Spiderman stopped a train by the help of web.

Thats game mechanics Master Chief never done that in a cut scene. Stopped a train? Spider-man has lifted a train lol:

No Caption Provided

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: You really think spidy is stronger than chief? And besides his shield wont let web harm him.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: He can't run that fast. He can barely catch up with a limo in the comics by running. Master Chief runs 300mp/h

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@strider92: You really think spidy is stronger than chief? And besides his shield wont let web harm him.

Spider-Man is significantly stronger than Chief. At minimum Spider-Man is a 10 tonner, and his upper limits are in the high 20-tons. No way Chief is competing with that. Flipping tanks is merely game mechanics. Master Chief had trouble taking on a Brute in a wrestling match, who are 3-tonners. Granted he had internal damage and malfunctioning energy shields, I could double that and he would only be in the 6 ton range. I did some calculations and John is around the 2 tonner range.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#130  Edited By Strider1992

@strider92: You really think spidy is stronger than chief?

Yep he has much better strength feats by far.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure if there's anything Spider-Man has in his power to get through John's armour. Webbing might work. I'll call stalemate.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: lol that is like saying Spider man lose against Bane in a wrestling match. Which everyone should be certain of. Chiefs main thing is not strength. It is His guns and plasma/energy sword. Im pretty sure if even peter touch it he dies. And flipping tanks was not only game mechanics. And it takes an hell of a strength to do that. Scorpion tanks are about 60 tons i read and stick like glue to the ground. Game mech counts as much as comic feats does.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: lol that is like saying Spider man lose against Bane in a wrestling match. Which everyone should be certain of. Chiefs main thing is not strength. It is His guns and plasma/energy sword. Im pretty sure if even peter touch it he dies. And flipping tanks was not only game mechanics. And it takes an hell of a strength to do that. Scorpion tanks are about 60 tons i read and stick like glue to the ground. Game mech counts as much as comic feats does.

I never said Master Chief would lose, I'm just refuting your point that Chief is a 50 tonner. He isn't. Flipping tanks is only game mechanics. Chief has never done anything like that in the canon novels or graphic novel adaptations. Not even close. Heck, even Bungie developers themselves joke about how the game mechanics allow John to lift things he shouldn't be able to.

Loading Video...

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Its not that one i ment. I mean in Halo 2 he flipped a Scorpion.

I don't remember this. I'm also pretty sure Chief flipping a tank is confirmed as game mechanics.

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By VeganDiet

Spider-man would not lose a wrestling match to Bane.

And Spider-man has torn through armor that's survived terminal velocity falls. He should be able to break MC's armor no prob.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#137  Edited By GraniteSoldier

Yep, still Spider-Man.

TheGirugamesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Masterchief blitzes and then t-bags, GG.

Avatar image for legowarbuilders
LegoWarBuilders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the amazing spiderman 2 game he has ionic webbing which eats away all metal allowing spiderman to breach the suit

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gotta go with spiderman

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey takes this.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man

And don't bump threads where I'm still a noob.

Eggnogui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Eggnogui

Spidey could easily web his guns and render them useless. In fact, the webbing alone should give Spidey the win.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideypresence: a Spartans average intelligence is around 300 iq. Add cortana to that he is much smarter then Peter Parker

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noah_ouellette: Can John do anything with that IQ? Peter can

IQ means sh!t in application

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: if you honestly think intelligence has nothing to do with fighting you should never ever come on comicvine again. Master chief would easily see through how Spider-Man fights and his tactics. And just devise a way to win and do it.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noah_ouellette: IQ is a number, has John shown anything that puts him in a whole other league from Peter tactically? Considering that peter wins most of his fights through tactics, not PIS or gameplay, he is possibly a better tactician by feats. Iron Man stated that Peter was smarter than him, Iron Man predicted the Civil War years before it happened. Does this mean Spidey is better than Tony in a combat scenario? No! Smarts do not make that much of a difference in a hopelessly mismatched fight.

John 117 can't win.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man 9.5/10.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noah_ouellette: And Peter wins most of his with tactics. That, combined with the fact that he's out of Johns league physically, means he wins almost every time.