Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@heatblaze123 said:
@wollfmyth209 said:
@decaf_wizard said:

People here are acting like Vader is slow. He only slow (in his verse)compared to other force users on par with him, but has on pannel blitzed Jedi Knights and Masters and deflects blasters bolts a point blank range.

Those aren't even Vader's best speed feats. He's moved faster than Ferus Olin could see. Ferus, has kept up with Obi-Wan(albeit, slightly post-prime), and Obi deflected 18+ hits per seconds, deflected blaster bolts from surrounding droid battalions, kept up with Maul and Savage at the same time, etc. Pretty safe to say Vader can move faster than Spidey...

I'm seeing these "speed" feats from Vader on this thread and they don't look impressive. If you want speed feats Spider Man out paced a bullet, can perceive events in slow motion, moved faster than Chance's targeting computer, out paced electro's blast, dodge a bullet after it was fired, and it was stated to go at 4000 feet per second, stalemated Madame Webb with precognition( he didn't have his spider sense at the time.) it's been show multiple times he moves faster than the eye can track. It's also been stated twice that Spider Man can cover miles in mere seconds, and his attack speed is that of a machine gun and that's 100 per second, so I don't think so. And he dodged lasers coming at him at multiple directions, and "light speed" attacks

This would be impressive if Vader hadn't done the same things. Faster than the eye can track isn't quantifiable, and i can easily bring up accounts of Vader doing the exact same thing. Dodging lasers isn't that impressive in star wars terms and Vader has blocked and dodged multiple lasers with ease, in some cases scoring headshots with the deflections. Not to mention blitzing multiple Jedi who can do the same thing and who have force precog. I admit this fight is not a stomp for Vader but only because Vader is getting crippled by having 75% of his abilities removed.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@heatblaze123 said:
@wollfmyth209 said:
@decaf_wizard said:

People here are acting like Vader is slow. He only slow (in his verse)compared to other force users on par with him, but has on pannel blitzed Jedi Knights and Masters and deflects blasters bolts a point blank range.

Those aren't even Vader's best speed feats. He's moved faster than Ferus Olin could see. Ferus, has kept up with Obi-Wan(albeit, slightly post-prime), and Obi deflected 18+ hits per seconds, deflected blaster bolts from surrounding droid battalions, kept up with Maul and Savage at the same time, etc. Pretty safe to say Vader can move faster than Spidey...

I'm seeing these "speed" feats from Vader on this thread and they don't look impressive. If you want speed feats Spider Man out paced a bullet, can perceive events in slow motion, moved faster than Chance's targeting computer, out paced electro's blast, dodge a bullet after it was fired, and it was stated to go at 4000 feet per second, stalemated Madame Webb with precognition( he didn't have his spider sense at the time.) it's been show multiple times he moves faster than the eye can track. It's also been stated twice that Spider Man can cover miles in mere seconds, and his attack speed is that of a machine gun and that's 100 per second, so I don't think so. And he dodged lasers coming at him at multiple directions, and "light speed" attacks

This would be impressive if Vader hadn't done the same things. Faster than the eye can track isn't quantifiable, and i can easily bring up accounts of Vader doing the exact same thing. Dodging lasers isn't that impressive in star wars terms and Vader has blocked and dodged multiple lasers with ease, in some cases scoring headshots with the deflections. Not to mention blitzing multiple Jedi who can do the same thing and who have force precog. I admit this fight is not a stomp for Vader but only because Vader is getting crippled by having 75% of his abilities removed.

Fodder Jedi not showing said abilities doesn't matter. Also I was arguing against Vader being faster than him, because he has no speed feats that are above Spidey's by any margin. And what seems to be posted here, he doesn't fair very well against very agile opponents.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard said:
@heatblaze123 said:
@wollfmyth209 said:
@decaf_wizard said:

Fodder Jedi not showing said abilities doesn't matter. Also I was arguing against Vader being faster than him, because he has no speed feats that are above Spidey's by any margin. And what seems to be posted here, he doesn't fair very well against very agile opponents.

Fair enough. Assuming Spiderman is around Vader's speed I could see him being outmanuvered by Spidey's agility. I just think the durability gap is too high. Spiderman has never shown durability that lets him tank room sized explosions point blank and just getting knocked over and sustaining slight armor damage. Also he wasn't only blitzing nameless Jedi Knights, he was blitzing Masters and people close to being on par with Obi-Wan.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d17c6b6b1c5
deactivated-57d17c6b6b1c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man curbstomps

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'd say Spiderman. But then again I'm a star wars newbie so I don't know for sure

Kute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

movie star wars and "canon" star wars should be seperate entities

blueraider149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Darth Maul is a much better match up for Spiderman just because he may be able to match his speed. Maul is also a very skilled fighter and that may cause some serious issues for Spiderman given that most of his villains were normal people at some point.---Anyway, for sure have to go with Spiderman here just because Vader seems too bulky and no where near the same speed. The only thing he may have in his favor is the force but that all comes down to if it can be countered by spider sense and vice versa. Too many variables with that part of the argument if you ask me..

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im supporting vader here for the majority.

Danikerhino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man, to fast and all he needs is one hit.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@zapan87 said:

I don't recall Pavan having near lightspeed reflexes, and I also don't remember Vader moving faster than he could track.

I-Five suddenly whipped up his left hand, index finger extended, and fired a laser beam at Jax. The laser beam splashed off the ionized fire that suddenly coated the length of the blade, which Jax had automatically raised to block the beam.

"That's how," I-Five said. "The speed of light is just under three hundred kilometers per second. You are currently seven-point-three meters from me. Your Force-augmented anticipatory reflex action obviously is working fine. You just have to let them."

Source: Coruscant NightsII: Street of Shadows

Depending on how you interpret it, you could take that as lightspeed.

Not taking sides on this fight, but this shit needs to end

I obviously don't believe Vader's lightspeed, but if we're gonna use faulty statements for SpiderMan, lets use them for Vader, as well. Even things out, a bit.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209: Still isn't faster than Spidey. And if that jedi wasn't using precog, nor shown using it, then don't assume he has. That in itself is faulty, speak with feats.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatblaze123:

Still isn't faster than Spidey.

Yes he is. SpiderMan's a street-leveler. Vader has humiliated people faster than that in speed.

And if that jedi wasn't using precog, nor shown using it, then don't assume he has. That in itself is faulty, speak with feats.

You clearly lack knowledge of Star Wars. All Jedi know and use precognition. It's very basic. Even fodder have and can use it.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Heatblaze

@wollfmyth209 said:

@heatblaze123:

Still isn't faster than Spidey.

Yes he is. SpiderMan's a street-leveler. Vader has humiliated people faster than that in speed.

No, he isn't. It's been argued time and time again, Spider Man is mid tier. You don't even know Spidey.

And if that jedi wasn't using precog, nor shown using it, then don't assume he has. That in itself is faulty, speak with feats.

You clearly lack knowledge of Star Wars. All Jedi know and use precognition. It's very basic. Even fodder have and can use it.

Have said fodder used it while fighting vader? If the answer is no, then it's invalid. It's nothing but a baseless generalization.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@heatblaze123: the fact you do not realize minor Precog is inherent in all Jedi/Sith, in fact it's the reason they can use Lightsabers without harming themselves, shows you are not qualified to judge this match.

RedRanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By RedRanger

@visemoon said:

Has Vader (or any force user)even displayed hand to hand combat?

He's out of his comfort zone fighting hand to hand. As a man with weighted metal hands and legs, he tends to rely purely on his brute strength to overwhelm his opponents. An example of this is was his skirmish with Shale, a featless non force-sensitive human. Vader was injured here, but he was amped with force rage and bloodlusted.

It goes to show that two punches from a bloodlusted Vader weren't able to knock a man unconscious, let alone kill him.

While Peter has to restrict himself heavily against the same type of opponents...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

As for the other strength feats @heatblaze123 posted, Vader would need to use his TK to replicate them. That's how far out of his depth he is here.

These are Vaders best strength feats in comics:

RedRanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thinking about it, this fight is in the realm of mismatch

@heatblaze123: the fact you do not realize minor Precog is inherent in all Jedi/Sith, in fact it's the reason they can use Lightsabers without harming themselves, shows you are not qualified to judge this match.

Were you not trying to argue that Vader could beat Palpetine in another thread?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redranger: what does Legends Vader feats surpassing Canon Palpatines feats have anything to do with this thread?

RedRanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By RedRanger

@sirfizzwhizz said:

@redranger: what does Legends Vader feats surpassing Canon Palpatines feats have anything to do with this thread?

Interesting, were you also trying to argue that Dooku was more powerful than all ancient sith lords

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@visemoon said:

He's out of his comfort zone fighting hand to hand. As a man with weighted metal hands and legs, he tends to rely purely on his brute strength to overwhelm his opponents. An example of this is was his skirmish with Shale, a featless non force-sensitive human. Vader was injured here, but he was amped with force rage and bloodlusted.

It goes to show that two punches from a bloodlusted Vader weren't able to knock a man unconscious, let alone kill him.

While Peter has to restrict himself heavily against the same type of opponents...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

As for the other strength feats @heatblaze123 posted, Vader would need to use his TK to replicate them. That's how far out of his depth he is here.

That's what I thought. Thanks :-)

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@visemoon said:
@redranger said:
@visemoon said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

That's what I thought. Thanks :-)

Ditto, thanks Red.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redranger: by feats, Dooku is more powerful than 90% of the old Sith. At least in TK and skill. Certain Sith Lords like Traya blow him away in TP ability and Farsight as well Life Drain. Nadd and say Sagow are better with Sith Socery. However 90% of them don't have the speed feats, skill feats, or TK feats to match Dooku.

Hollow_Point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn this is hard... going with spider I guess

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man is faster by actual feats. Much faster. He snaps Vader's neck.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ordeith said:

@xlr87t3: Vader easily. Faster then an Obi Wan 1 year post RotS who dodged blocked at least hundreds of blaster bolts ( likely thousands ) each of which are hypersonic. And this was before his prime. He's also far more durable. The only edge Peter has is mobility and possibly strength.

LOL.

Vader wins on account of speed, but nothing else, really.

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Spider-Man dies.

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MarvelBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darth Vader only because of his force. Other than that... Spidey wins

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ordeith said:

@xlr87t3: Vader easily. Faster then an Obi Wan 1 year post RotS who dodged blocked at least hundreds of blaster bolts ( likely thousands ) each of which are hypersonic. And this was before his prime. He's also far more durable. The only edge Peter has is mobility and possibly strength.

LOL.

I don't see proof that those blaster bolts are even faster than a softball. They are super slow.

USSJ3071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vader chokes him

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3 said:
@wollfmyth209 said:
@ordeith said:

LOL.

I don't see proof that those blaster bolts are even faster than a softball. They are super slow.

Then you need to get in touch with the EU, my friend. Those blasters are stated as hypersonic. The movie is just slowed down so we can actually see the people in question move.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dre_savage said:

Spider-Man is still much faster and much stronger. He wins.

lol no.

Vader wins due to greater durability.

js_the_beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@visemoon said:

Why would he knock out a man when he's asking him where his wife is? Also that wasn't Shale but Tarkin's son.

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumping old threads for fun. Let's see what a modern audience has to say about this.

fenristhewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assuming, Disney canon Vader, Spider-Man should win this pretty easily. No lightsaber or external force powers are serious nerfs for Vader.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 killbilly  Moderator

Vader.