spiderman vs captain america

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

How did this go on for so many pages? Shouldn’t Spidey curb?

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#653  Edited By jay_z94  Online

@kanyecosby said:

Because Steve got the upper hand on a holding back Spider-Man during the comic Civil War.

A serious Spider-Man with no PIS would stomp Captain America.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

@jay_z94 said:
@kanyecosby said:

Because Steve got the upper hand on a holding back Spider-Man during the comic Civil War.

A serious Spider-Man with no PIS would stomp Captain America.

imo opinion spidy is a tier above cap

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man stomps.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#656 socajunkie  Moderator

Spider-Man stomps.

Yup, straight up mismatch if he has the MK IV.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deutschkurzhaar
DeutschKurzhaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap already won and he wasn’t trying to hurt him at all. Though that was with his old suit

Kidolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m pretty sure spidey out stats cap by a pretty far margin and skill can’t make up for what you lack in speed if the speed difference is this big. So Spider-Man all the way

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ummm .. 616 versions? .. ummm hello?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb
deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pastepotpete1: It's obvious that they are 616 versions given this fight had started 10 yrs when cap didn't even existed in live action . Neither the OP has said that they are AU versions .

CaptainCoolade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pastepotpete1: in the battle rules pinned post, im ninety percent sure that if the versions arent stated then its the standard version.

Lord_Titan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#663  Edited By Lord_Titan_

Last time i checked cap and spiderman shouldnt be in the same sentence, he gets stomped

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Spidy

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter stomps. Please lock this.

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao at OriginalCaptain's arguments. Peter stomps.

Avatar image for danteisterrible
Danteisterrible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hello__there: Peters tactics are more unpredictable and maneuverable than Steves.

morgadc1887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey wrecks the weak captain

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He should on paper but honestly he never has before. Spider-man has always struggled with captain America. He should win eventually but if there history is any indication its not a stomp.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#670  Edited By christianrapper

@jashro44: when has he struggled? The last time that they fought was in civil war and Peter beat him then. The fight ended with steve’s shield webbed to a wall.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: when has he struggled? The last time that they fought was in civil war and Peter beat him then. The fight ended with steve’s shield webbed to a wall.

Peter flat out said he felt like a chump during that fight. Cap hit him 3 times before spider-man hit him, and Peter was numb below the waist. Steve's shield was webbed to the wall because he used it as a distracted to distract Peter's spider-sense and land a pressure point.

The fight was inconclusive. Peter scored first blood by taking cap by surprise with his iron spider-legs. Something that isn't standard gear. That's also not getting into the fact Peter had his other powers at the time.

Just because Cap was disarmed doesn't mean he actually lost. By that logic cap "beat" spider-man in ends of the earth while hindered because he knocked a cryo pellet out of his hands using his shield. You could argue cap was in a bad spot without the shield but the fact that he made Peter look like a chump by his own admission, and numbed him below the waist kind of shoots the notion down that this it was a stomp.

I think spider-man should win eventually but historically the fight has never been as easy as people in this thread are pretending. Cap has studied spider-man and he is use to punching out of his weight class. I know people are going to bring up the fact that spider-man has as well, but when your punching down you don't tend to think about strategic ways to out maneuver your enemy because its easier to just punch them. So when Cap fights spider-man he tends to think of strategies and tactics that let him hang in there and Peter is actually forced to hold back because he is punching down.

Another issue for Peter is he has a high level of respect for Captain America. Its not just civil war that shows this but even in less famous issues like avenging spider-man #5 we see spider-man get excited to find out he has something in common with captain america:

No Caption Provided

So Peter also has a lot of respect for cap. Its a lot harder for spider-man to punch down his weight class than punch up. Because when Peter is punching up he doesn't have to hold back, and he can think of strategies to out maneuver people in a higher class using the environment, or his speed and agility. He's not going to be thinking that way with cap because there is no point.

People are comparing just there raw power. That's an over simplification though. There is more to a fight than just raw power....Like two characters personalities, circumstances, and when debating two characters who exist in the same universe knowledge.

I do think spider-man will eventually win because of his raw power and I think civil war shows that even though Peter may not go into the fight trying to out smart cap, he will think about how Cap is trying to out smart him and the best way to avoid falling into cap's traps. At the end of his civil war fight he realized the best way to fight cap was to fight him "man to spider" rather than "man to man". So I think he will take advantage of his wall crawling, webbing, etc. I also do think that even though cap has traditionally done well in H2H against spider-man, that Peter's durability and strength will give him the edge in a worst case scenario where he can't fight "man to spider".

But based on literally every encounter with spider-man and cap....I don't think its a stomp. For the simple reason spider-man has never stomped cap.

cupofreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe Spider-Man has more High-end showings so I’ll go with him.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: that fight was far from inconclusive. The fight ended with cap’s shield webbed to a wall. Spidey had to stop thieves from taking cap’s shield.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#674 anthp2000  Moderator

616 I'm assuming. Kind of a mismatch. Fighters as fast or faster than Cap have failed to keep up with Peter.

Avatar image for deactivated-62bb20d3566c2
deactivated-62bb20d3566c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

@jashro44: Assuming that there both not holding back, Im not really seeing how Spider-man can't easily beat Cap. Peter's superior in every way in relation to stats and is out of Cap's league, Peter's also skilled in h2h (Even having his fighting style made specially around his spider-powers) he's smarter than Cap and has other advantages such as spider sense webbing etc I think Peter had a lot of respect for Cap in civil war and may have been holding back. Not to mention that i that there was a lot of outrage over that comic because people felt Peter should have beat him.

if there both in character then i would agree that Peter would win after a tough fight.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#676 takenstew22  Moderator

Peter stomps. Superior in every way except maybe fighting skill.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: that fight was far from inconclusive. The fight ended with cap’s shield webbed to a wall. Spidey had to stop thieves from taking cap’s shield.

I don't see how that is a win for spider-man. Cap wasn't incapacitated, injured, or unconscious.

@noobmaster2001

Assuming that there both not holding back, Im not really seeing how Spider-man can't easily beat Cap.

Peter will hold back because of his morals and respect for cap.

Peter's superior in every way in relation to stats and is out of Cap's league, Peter's also skilled in h2h (Even having his fighting style made specially around his spider-powers)

I am aware of Peter's way of the spider. He doesn't seem to use it that often though. Even Slott only provided a few references to it.

he's smarter than Cap and has other advantages such as spider sense webbing etc

Is he smarter than cap? Cap is suppose to be one of the best strategist's in the verse. His fight with Peter actually shows his tactical ability.

I think Peter had a lot of respect for Cap in civil war and may have been holding back. Not to mention that i that there was a lot of outrage over that comic because people felt Peter should have beat him.

I don't think there was outrage. Fans probably cried PIS but I've never been the type of person to just agree with the majority.

if there both in character then i would agree that Peter would win after a tough fight.

Well I am talking about them both being in character. I don't see why we should assume there both bloodlusted.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Well depends what you mean by smart. Science and prep wise Peter is definitely smarter but Cap might be tactical smarter.

Well if its a battle im going to assume that no one's holding back (Although i don't mean bloodlusted neither of them would kill each other) so basically what i am thinking is they won't hold back but are still in character if that makes sense

The reason i went over the two scenarios : Them being bloodlusted and them being in character, is because the OP didn't give much and we don't know the scenario, if morals are off etc

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noobmaster2001:

Well depends what you mean by smart. Science and prep wise Peter is definitely smarter but Cap might be tactical smarter.

We're talking about a random encounter so science and prep aren't relevant.

Well if its a battle im going to assume that no one's holding back (Although i don't mean bloodlusted neither of them would kill each other) so basically what i am thinking is they won't hold back but are still in character if that makes sense

That's what I assume as well but Peter still holds back in character. He doesn't kill for example. He will fight to the best he can within the limits of his personality.

The reason i went over the two scenarios : Them being bloodlusted and them being in character, is because the OP didn't give much and we don't know the scenario, if morals are off etc

Well when details are unspecified we assume they are in character.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: We're talking about a random encounter so science and prep aren't relevant.

I know that its a random encounter you were asking before is Cap smarter than Peter and i was saying it depends what you mean by smart.

That's what I assume as well but Peter still holds back in character. He doesn't kill for example. He will fight to the best he can within the limits of his personality.

Does Cap kill? I know he did in WW2 but in modern times i don't recall him killing.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noobmaster2001:

I know that its a random encounter you were asking before is Cap smarter than Peter and i was saying it depends what you mean by smart.

Well you made the claim spider-man was smarter.

Does Cap kill? I know he did in WW2 but in modern times i don't recall him killing.

I'm not saying cap does kill but since he is punching above his weight class he doesn't have to worry about that as much.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 Well you made the claim spider-man was smarter.

Personally i would say he's overall smarter than Cap.

I'm not saying cap does kill but since he is punching above his weight class he doesn't have to worry about that as much.

I think Peter knows how hard to hit Cap i mean Spider-man pulls his punches against muggers and even some of his super powered bad guys so its not like he would worry about accidentally killing Cap.

No Caption Provided
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noobmaster2001:

I think Peter knows how hard to hit Cap i mean Spider-man pulls his punches against muggers and even some of his super powered bad guys so its not like he would worry about accidentally killing Cap.'

Exactly. He pulls his punches. Its why under the same writer Cap took a punch from spider-man.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Cap won in MCU so he win here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: But in this scenario Spider-man and Captain America are both going to be fighting for real. In that scan Cap let Peter hit him and Spider-man was annoyed but he wasn't going to start beating Cap into the ground.

I mean if Spider-man felt he would lose against Cap he surely wouldn't just lay there and let Cap beat him , he would fight to win. He would probably feel really bad about beating Cap but he would take Steve down if he had too and that's the case in this scenario.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noobmaster2001:

But in this scenario Spider-man and Captain America are both going to be fighting for real. In that scan Cap let Peter hit him and Spider-man was annoyed but he wasn't going to start beating Cap into the ground.

In that scan Peter was pissed at Cap because he found out Cap knew Flash was venom.

I mean if Spider-man felt he would lose against Cap he surely wouldn't just lay there and let Cap beat him , he would fight to win.

I mea sure but its not really up to spider-man. We've already talked about civil war but there is also amazing spider-man 187.

He would probably feel really bad about beating Cap but he would take Steve down if he had too and that's the case in this scenario.

Sure but that doesn't mean cap will just let him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: In that scan Peter was pissed at Cap because he found out Cap knew Flash was venom.

Yes i know, but he wasn't going to start actually fighting Cap he just punched him because he was annoyed.

I mean sure but its not really up to spider-man. We've already talked about civil war but there is also amazing spider-man 187.

That again seems a bit inconsistent. Peter is way out of Steve's league in stats and has taken hits from people stronger than he is, but one punch from a peak human nearly floors him, even though Cap at that point was definitely a superior fighter that seems like a outlier.

Sure but that doesn't mean cap will just let him.

Well yeah but again that doesn't mean Spidey can't beat him just because Cap won't like it lol.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man wins.

Dadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man punches Steve's head off.

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man should win

Omega_Beams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mcu Spiderman is such a scrub and iron man wannabe I hated tom holland for that .

Comic spiderman curbstomps

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#692  Edited By Steve40L

Cap has experience over Spidey and a lot of other things, like... wait, remind me how Steve even touches Peter. Anyway, Spidey has intelligence, speed, strength, and agility on his side. And miles ahead of whatever Cap can do.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spiderman

SteelMan2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap!

Mrsportsguy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve gets stomped.

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#697 takenstew22  Moderator

How is this not locked lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fcab2f88a72f
deactivated-5fcab2f88a72f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What do you guys mean? I've only been here for a couple of weeks so I might not completely get the locking thing. But why should this be locked?

UltraPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers