Can Parker take down these two old men?
Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Hyperlight

dang they might be able to win this with team work. as long as he doesnt get  hold of them

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@Hyperlight said:
dang they might be able to win this with team work. as long as he doesnt get  hold of them
Yes, with their experience I think they might be a good match for Spidey. 
morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By morgrim

iroh and bumi take this pretty esily

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AweSam

Spiderman webs their faces then replaces the webs with his fist.

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys, Avatar is an awesome show but we don't need battles everywhere.

Anyway Team wins Bumi can take a hit and Iroh takes down dragons

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By Strider1992

Hmmm Spider-man has a lot of room to maneuver here and its his own turf. I'm not sure tbh i'm leaning towards Spider-man due to his speed. If morals where off i'd definitely say Spider-man but with morals on i'm not sure.

steelhound56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By steelhound56

Bumi and Iroh take this. But not without Parker giving them some serious trouble

Both are extremely talented benders, with Bumi displaying power on a scale that's absolutely mind boggling.

Iroh displays some impressive unarmed combat feats and some absolutely ridiculous bending feats of his own. He's considered by many Avatar fans to be the best Firebender in the series, given his versatility, wisdom, combat awareness and tactical intelligence and far more efficient bending style (he learned about the original source of Firebending power from the last Dragons)

He's also quite the intimidating physical prescence after the Black Sun Eclipse, able to bend metal bars with his bare hands, and being described as a "one man army" by the prison's warden.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Hyperlight said:

dang they might be able to win this with team work. as long as he doesnt get hold of them
morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By morgrim

hey just asking how in any way could spidey beat iroh and bumi i mean his only advantage is that he is physically stronger than them and not by much i mean iroh can bend bars and bumi can lift metal statues {without bending} they are bothe incredibly agile dispite thier ages and they r bending masters of the highest degree

it would take all of spidermans power and focus just to survive

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

I'm leaning toward Peter. The starting distance can play a factor here butI Peter is much more faster, stronger and agile than either Bumi or Iroh. With his speed, spider sense and reaction time, I can see him evading their attacks, especially since they have to perform moves to earth and fire/lightning bend, and him webbing them up or getting close enough for one-hit KO.

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

I'm leaning toward Peter. The starting distance can play a factor here butI Peter is much more faster, stronger and agile than either Bumi or Iroh. With his speed, spider sense and reaction time, I can see him evading their attacks, especially since they have to perform moves to earth and fire/lightning bend, and him webbing them up or getting close enough for one-hit KO.

Bumi only has to use facial expressions to earth bend. 
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@OmegaDynasty said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Bumi only has to use facial expressions to earth bend.

Understood, and I do recall him doing this when he was trapped in the metal box but I don't think his facial bending will make much of a difference, or that he will perform all of his moves this way. He doesn't know, at least at the start of the battle, the speed and reflex advantage Parker has here.

Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iroh is good, but Pete dodges energy blasts all the time, including electro's far faster attacks. Iroh will have Pete dodging for a bit, but ultimately he can't take Pete's hits. He'd get webbed and disabled pretty quickly. Bumi is a harder fight. I think his mastery of earth migh give him better durability with earthen shields and defense, and when webbed, he's still able to produce some good earth bending with nothing but his face. Still, he isn't going to tank a strait blast to the face from pete's strength level. Together they could have pete dancing for quite a while, but he's got them beat on endurance, manuverability, durability, strength, speed, and reaction time.

Nightcrawler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Nightcrawler23

Either one on team 2 could solo. Easily.

livinghorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By livinghorror

@Nightcrawler23: Not too sure about that, maybe not easily? But yes I do say the team should pick up the win

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By SpidermanWins

Wow tough one here

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By KainScion

does no one read the rules anymore? no anime/toons vs comic book characters

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@KainScion said:

does no one read the rules anymore? no anime/toons vs comic book characters

1. This is a 10 month old thread. 
2. Avatar isn't anime, it's an american made cartoon which is fine the last time I checked. 
Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why the hate on mixing genres? Especially coming into this thread, which has been conducted without hair pulling, and try to stop people from having fun. Did you want to be a beurocrat when you grew up?

Avatar image for raimundopedrosa
raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New York City? Wow, Spiderman wipes their asses.

He's stronger, faster, and more durable than both of them.

Even Sozin's comet attacks from Iroh can't hurt him, and Iroh won't be landing any hits to begin with. Spiderman throws a train at Iroh and kills him.

Now, Bumi on the other hand, can hurt him with his enormous firepower and deadly attacks. Still, though, Spiderman has taken hits from the HULK and actually lived to tell the freaking story.

He removes Iroh quickly due to a huge gap in mobility, speed, durability, and strength.

Bumi, with the ability to bend buildings, will hugely benefit from the tremendous amount of earthbending material available to him in New York City. And this WILL give Spiderman a good deal of trouble and keep him at bay. Hell, it'll probably even do some damage. However, Bumi still doesn't have Spiderman's insane speed, reflexes, durability, and strength. Spiderman's survived fights with the Hulk. After a good fight and giving Spiderman a run for his money, Spiderman due to his sheer inhumanity also slaughters Bumi.

Spiderman wins after a good fight. Bumi's brute power would be an obstacle, but the Hulk was a much greater challenge from which Spiderman arose and came back.

Spiderman wins every round.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man is too fast for them.

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: No he is not, Bumi could pick up the city block and fire at peters face

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: No he is not, Bumi could pick up the city block and fire at peters face

cool story bro.

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ElderSkaar

@laflux: So how does spiderman win again?

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there isnt anything someone already said on why spider-man wins, except, he wins cuz hes spider-man

close match though, but he can speedblitz

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrglfan2814: Lol you do know how powerful these benders are right? Bumi destroyed a town and moved a 1000 ton statue, he shown superhuman speed and agility and they regulary kick rocks in half. Peter will underestimate Bumi and think he is just some old dude then Bumi burrows Peter in the concrete below him. And i haven't even counted Iroh. Bumi could solostomp

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ElderSkaar

@wrglfan2814: His morals do, Peter is very caring and bighearted when it comes to helpless people which he will think Bumi is and Bumi is kind of.a sociopath and wouldn't bother crushing Spiderman. The fight is in a city full with buildings and roads so pete is not safe anywhere. I never seen Spiderman dodging a building sized boulder coming at him. Bumi is also more experienced and skilled then spiderman. Spiderman has lost fights against martial artist experts before who are not as strong as he is.

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In New York, no way they win.

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrglfan2814: My ipad won't allow me to write long texts cus it just resets, i br back to this ehen im on my comp

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 anthp2000  Moderator

Team wins because of Bumi and lightning.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The team is to slow.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: No, spiderman blitzes and one shots both...

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not an expert on avatar but from what I've seen the team is to slow. Iroh reacted to lightning from the sky IIRC but I am guessing that is an outlier showing because I also recall Aang struggling with archers. Bumi has experience fighting air benders who are light on there feet however spider-man is faster than them.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 anthp2000  Moderator
Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These guys are not even close to the sinister six who spiderman solos consistently and electro's lighting is far stronger than Iroh's...

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@jashro44 said:

I'm not an expert on avatar but from what I've seen the team is to slow. Iroh reacted to lightning from the sky IIRC but I am guessing that is an outlier showing because I also recall Aang struggling with archers. Bumi has experience fighting air benders who are light on there feet however spider-man is faster than them.

The feat is not an outlier, it's just not what people believe it is. We clearly see Iroh sensing the lightningbolt before it came. Seevral master benders like him can sense their element nearby.

However, this does not remotely mean Spiderman can blitz. Several characters, some generally slower than Bumi and Iroh, have reacted to explosives at close range. AND, if we are going by fan-calcs, lightning from firebenders' is high match speeds.

Aang only struggled with the Yuyan Archers because:

• He was not paying attention on them, for most of the part he was ignoring them
  • He was look ing for frogs
  • He was walking and running inside swamp water, which slows him down
  • Those archers can pin a fly down on a tree from hundreds of yards away without killing it (by hype), can pinpoint several arrows on several bullseyes simultaneously or pinpoint arrow on arrow on arrow on a bullseye (by feats)
  • There were like 10 of them hunting him

People like Sokka are casual arrow timers.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Can they dodge bullets from a machine gun a point blank range like Spidey......I never said he was hypersonic....also they read where the arrows are going to dodge they do not dodge after the arrows have been fired...

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 anthp2000  Moderator

@anthp2000: Can they dodge bullets from a machine gun a point blank range like Spidey......I never said he was hypersonic....also they read where the arrows are going to dodge they do not dodge after the arrows have been fired...

Zuko, Korra and Mako have reacted to explosions after they go off at close range like it or not.

Oh, like this?

No Caption Provided

Because they do that all the time, and that's straight up timing.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: So why exactly can iroh and bumi beat spiderman when many much stronger villians have struggled and ultimately failed to do so? One punch from him is enough to knock them out even at full power I doubt they could hurt him especially on his home turf...

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 anthp2000  Moderator

@anthp2000: So why exactly can iroh and bumi beat spiderman when many much stronger villians have struggled and ultimately failed to do so? One punch from him is enough to knock them out even at full power I doubt they could hurt him especially on his home turf...

Bumi can send 3 buildings flying with gestures.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Spidey takes it. Iroh poses no threat to him (firebending is far weaker than Electro, for example) and while Bumi does have some pretty good raw power output, in the time it would take for him to lift a chunk of land heavy enough to hurt Spidey, he'd be one shotted.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By jashro44

@anthp2000:

The feat is not an outlier, it's just not what people believe it is. We clearly see Iroh sensing the lightningbolt before it came. Seevral master benders like him can sense their element nearby.

OK.

However, this does not remotely mean Spiderman can blitz. Several characters, some generally slower than Bumi and Iroh, have reacted to explosives at close range. AND, if we are going by fan-calcs, lightning from firebenders' is high match speeds.

What kind of explosives are we talking about? As for fan calcs I don't trust those.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 anthp2000  Moderator

@jashro44 said:

@anthp2000:

OK.

What kind of explosives are we talking about? As for fan calcs I don't trust those.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 juiceboks  Moderator

He just webs them up and calls it a day.