• 105 results
#51 Posted by Sirfizwhiz (1412 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizwhiz said:

@pervertedhisoka:

He`s just strong enough in it to throw barrels and push people over, the majority of his offense comes from his lightsaber.

Whaaaat?

No Caption Provided

This version was not used.

Thats canon. Maul also never stated to have more power or less power with or without legs anyway.

#52 Edited by Jacthripper (14969 posts) - - Show Bio

@pervertedhisoka said:
@sirfizwhiz said:

@pervertedhisoka:

He`s just strong enough in it to throw barrels and push people over, the majority of his offense comes from his lightsaber.

Whaaaat?

No Caption Provided

This version was not used.

Thats canon. Maul also never stated to have more power or less power with or without legs anyway.

Yeah, I was about to say...

#53 Posted by Erkan12 (8408 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol @ stan lee.

#54 Edited by Wolfrazer (16196 posts) - - Show Bio

Being able to TK one person, grip or not is pretty standard fare for any Force User, so lol at saying Maul is only strong enough in TK to push them over...right...and in the video alone he clearly shows to ragdolling Spider-Man and then TK smash him into the ground 3 times soo...

#55 Posted by alik28 (263 posts) - - Show Bio

I do believe force tk needs to be aimed giving spideys sense time to evade and making it anotherthing he dodges like the saber

#56 Posted by Killerwasp (17370 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer: Its not worth it wolf, the spider man fans can't handle the truth! XD

#57 Posted by maiamaku (1536 posts) - - Show Bio

Does legends count as canon here? Because if so....

#58 Posted by Heatblaze (10399 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer: Its not worth it wolf, the spider man fans can't handle the truth! XD

Hey man, I'm a Spidey fan and I fully agree Spidey would get roflstomped by maul, don't generalize bro :(

#59 Posted by Sirfizwhiz (1412 posts) - - Show Bio

@maiamaku said:

Does legends count as canon here? Because if so....

NO! You High!?

#61 Posted by AdamAnouer (1023 posts) - - Show Bio

If this were a fight it'd actually be genuinely interesting. Because as far as I'm aware Darth Mauls biggest force feat was force pushing Obi Wan down a narrow corridor which subsequently caved in and in that regard Peter's recovery factor and agility has proven capable more than time and again. However when it comes to Combat Technique Maul is arguably one of the best fighters in the SW Universe and his attack style is designed to overwhelm his opponents keeping them off balance with high tempo attacks. The thing I'm unclear on however is how much Maul can tap into the force to augment his agility and power because if it's anything like that BS Mace Windu pulled off then there's one clear winner here.

Star Wars force powers are the hardest thing to adjust for as it's very hard to quantify it's power when it comes to physical augmentation.

#62 Posted by i_like_swords (26205 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth Mauls biggest force feat was force pushing Obi Wan down a narrow corridor

#63 Posted by AdamAnouer (1023 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: If you can find me a feat of Maul using the forces offensive powers in an instant other than the one I mentioned I'd be happy to see it.

#64 Posted by TheMuser (1888 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamanouer: I now fear for your life....r.i.p. my friend

#65 Posted by AdamAnouer (1023 posts) - - Show Bio

@themuser: Possibly but the fact is I've seen Clone Wars and his biggest feat was holding his own against Palpatine (I say held his own I mean was simply overwhelmed and incapacitated rather than just killed like Savage Oppress). The fact is it shouldn't be this hard to find an example of Maul's force strength if it does exist I mean I can say right now Galen Marek managed to redirect a star fighter (with great strain mind you). I'm not making fun...I'm asking for an honest example.

#66 Posted by i_like_swords (26205 posts) - - Show Bio
#67 Edited by AdamAnouer (1023 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: Mate, do you have any idea how awesome that list of yours is. :) I really appreciate the effort that goes into something like that because I know it can't be easy and you're right looking at it this is Maul's victory though not necersarrily a stomp should be...relatively comfortable.

#68 Posted by Erkan12 (8408 posts) - - Show Bio

A better ending.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for spideyandslendy
#69 Posted by spideyandslendy (1770 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter. He has dealt with way worse enemies than maul.

#70 Posted by AlphaQ (6230 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Spiderman was able to straight up speedblitz Daredevil, who is a bullet-timer, even when DD knew the punch was coming. I don't think Maul has any feats that put him above bullet timer physically with the addition of precog, so in the same range as a Daredevil who used his senses to know where Spidey will punch. Not saying he'll speedblitz but with his large speed advantage, strength capable of one-shotting and webslingers (which are far faster than bullets) he should take the win.

#71 Posted by Erkan12 (8408 posts) - - Show Bio

@alphaq: Maul is surely durable and he has a very high level pain tolerance (who has survived from being cut in half), he can surely resist a few punches from Peter who is only 10 toner iirc, on the other hand, Peter can't do anything about Maul's lightsaber nor his Force attacks. It's clear that Maul should win.

#72 Posted by AlphaQ (6230 posts) - - Show Bio

@erkan12: Actually Spiderman is far higher than 10 toner, he has lifted a tank, which are 40-60 tonnes to my knowledge. Spidey has also punched Iron Man himself through building and knocked over a train car by literally just flicking his index finger. Peter could honestly blow Maul through the nearest building, assuming Maul doesn't rupture from the force of the blow, and Maul doesn't have blunt force durability feats on that level.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Spidey should just be able to avoid the lightsaber in close range and either punch Maul or just break the lightsaber in his grasp, people forget that Spiderman is actually extremely skilled, and has stalemated someone who can see the future and has spiderperson powers also, without his spidey sense, which is actually a very potent form of precog that gives him a huge advantage. He can bullrush to close the distance before Maul uses the force or use his webs to buy him time, as I've said his webs are very fast (they have reached gunmen before a bullet from his gun could even leave the barrel) and Spidey can use a very broad spew of webs that Maul's lightsaber can't intercept (kinda like this weapon in the EU that's good against Jedi, it shoots electrified strips that have to be blocked continually, Spidey's webslingers should be even worse)

#73 Posted by Erkan12 (8408 posts) - - Show Bio

@alphaq: You're highly overrating Peter's attack force, if people like Punisher or Cap can resist a few punches from Peter, then Maul, who has superior durability / endurance feats than those guys, can surely do the same.

But in return, there is no way that Peter can stop Maul's lightsaber nor his Force attacks, he has never shown TK resistance to begin with, Maul has also super-speed and high level Force sense / precognition , and you can't compare his speed with the likes of Daredevil.

#74 Edited by i_like_swords (26205 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd think you would need to take some serious liberties with your logic to give Peter the win here. Both have a similar powerset, both have the potential to oneshot the other. The difference is one of them has a much broader powerset, is far and away the better fighter in any martial aspect, and can close his opponent's windpipe at his leisure.

#75 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

Loving this.

#76 Posted by WollfMyth209 (16533 posts) - - Show Bio

@alphaq:

I don't think Maul has any feats that put him above bullet timer physically with the addition of precog, so in the same range as a Daredevil who used his senses to know where Spidey will punch.

Yet Maul as a teenager outran numbers of hypersonic+ blaster bolts while carrying Talzin...

#77 Posted by jashro44 (52501 posts) - - Show Bio

Maul wins.

@erkan12 said:

@alphaq: You're highly overrating Peter's attack force, if people like Punisher or Cap can resist a few punches from Peter, then Maul, who has superior durability / endurance feats than those guys, can surely do the same.

Punisher usually has PIS when he takes punches from spider-man, unless you except the notion that Punisher can take punches that send him over buildings (which is what happens when spider-man fights him). Peter holds back on captain america so that wouldn't be evidence Maul can hits from him either.

If you want to argue Maul can take hits from Peter due to morals and Peter holding back that is fine.

@alphaq:

I don't think Maul has any feats that put him above bullet timer physically with the addition of precog, so in the same range as a Daredevil who used his senses to know where Spidey will punch.

Yet Maul as a teenager outran numbers of hypersonic+ blaster bolts while carrying Talzin...

OP says canon only. My understanding is this is a legends feat.

#78 Posted by WollfMyth209 (16533 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: I've just noticed it's canon only. Still, Maul should be hypersonic+ in canon, as well, because I don't see any reason why blaster bolts should be slower in canon, nor is there any contradiction with such speed.

#79 Posted by Pharoh_Atem (44280 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no evidence suggesting blasters are hypersonic in canon. Come on bow, Wollf.

#80 Posted by Rex61046 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Maul would win. I mean if he is a sith than he would obviously be in touch with the force. For those saying that Spidey could dodge lightsaber attacks, fine. But with the force you can sense your surroundings, just like how Luke could deflect blasters without seeing them. So then Maul would also be able to dodge spideys fists. Hitting DD was not that great since the force and echolocation are totally different things.

#81 Posted by AlphaQ (6230 posts) - - Show Bio
#82 Posted by WollfMyth209 (16533 posts) - - Show Bio

@dadivineking: There's nothing noting they are slower than their Legends counter-parts, tho.

#83 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio
#84 Posted by i_like_swords (26205 posts) - - Show Bio

@dadivineking: There's nothing noting they are slower than their Legends counter-parts, tho.

Wat? Canon doesn't acknowledge Legends, there doesn't need to be a contradiction. The question is whether or not Canon notes they are hypersonic at all. Logic.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
#85 Posted by echostarlord117 (5615 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys, Maul in canon is massively FTL. How is this seriously still a discussion...

Maul speedblitzes Spidey then proceeds to solo the Marvel Universe. GG

#86 Edited by jashro44 (52501 posts) - - Show Bio

@wollfmyth209 said:

@jashro44: I've just noticed it's canon only. Still, Maul should be hypersonic+ in canon, as well, because I don't see any reason why blaster bolts should be slower in canon, nor is there any contradiction with such speed.

Even if they are as fast as far as I know no one in canon has out ran a blaster bolt yet. Yea they deflect them but based on the phantom menace that probably has more to do with precog than raw speed. IIRC in the phantom menace it was said Anakin was the only human who can pod race and Qui-gon says he must have jedi reflexes. And than Qui-gon talks about how Anakin's strong connection to the force gives him precog which is why he can pod race.

And that is assuming blaster bolts in canon move as fast as legends, which I don't think there is any evidence to support currently.

#87 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio
#88 Posted by Pharoh_Atem (44280 posts) - - Show Bio

Ummm, okay? Canon and Legends are virtually two different continuities. The former of which, completely ignores the latter, unless the writter(s) decides to incorparate a certain Legends bit into canon. So, unless you can show me a canon statements that akin blaster bolts to Hypersonic speeds---I'm going to assume they're around bullet speed and call it a day.

#89 Edited by Erkan12 (8408 posts) - - Show Bio

They were using Force speed / super speed in the Canon already, what difference does it makes if they are faster than the blaster bolts or speedy bullet, the important point is that they are still faster than the peak human beings in the Canon.

Loading Video...
#92 Posted by RedBoomerang (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Since Peter Parker is not strong with the force nothing would stop Maul from simply cracking his head with it.

Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
#93 Posted by Fortified_Hooligan (2256 posts) - - Show Bio

going by movies:

Jedi and Sith rarely use the force like it's magical spell casting. That's Palpatine / Yoda level force manipulation.

Regular Jedi and Sith much more commonly use it for simple force pushes, Tk grabs of small stuff, and physical augmentation to jump higher, dash fast etc...

Maul grabbing hold of spiderman and slamming him around with the force is outside of his demonstrated ability in the movies. That's like Palpatine stuff, or more recently Kylo Ren who seems to be more of a mage than a knight kind of warrior anyway.

Maul was a melee warrior with some additional TK force pushing powers who would get wrecked in a fight with spiderman.

#94 Edited by g2_ (11429 posts) - - Show Bio

@jacthripper said:

Nah

Maul would win by turn Peter's head around with the force.

Sure, 80 tonnes was pressured on his throat (Rhino choked him), Maul can't force choke him.

#95 Edited by KrleAvenger (26352 posts) - - Show Bio

@g2_: Isn't he like 40 tonner now? BTW Spider-man wins.

#96 Edited by Adam_Taurus (766 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Maul

He defeated Bondara

He defeated Qui gon

Has slapped obi wan around like an abused girlfriend many times

Can use the force to move objects that weigh several tones

Can dodge blaster bolts at close range (keep in mind these bolts are moving close to light speed)

Can run 5 times faster than a human

Is so fast that seasoned Jedi masters have trouble tracking him

Is so skilled with his light saber that he can use it like a shield

Can break durastee handcuffs using strength alone

Tanks a nightsister's Lightning

Cybernetic legs strong enough to kill Jedi with a single kick

Stun bolts hardly affect him

Force sense counters spider sense

Survived Darth Sideous's force attack

Maul wins, but not in a stomp

#97 Posted by DaDivineKing (5521 posts) - - Show Bio

Maul impregnates.

#98 Edited by g2_ (11429 posts) - - Show Bio

@g2_: Isn't he like 40 tonner now? BTW Spider-man wins.

What! Not even close.

#99 Posted by KrleAvenger (26352 posts) - - Show Bio

@g2_: I ment for Spider-man.

#100 Posted by g2_ (11429 posts) - - Show Bio