• 105 results
#1 Edited by Sirfizwhiz (1412 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth Maul is Canon only.

Spider Man is 616, and gets his Symbiot Suit.

Everything goes.

#2 Posted by Sawed_Off_It (13228 posts) - - Show Bio

The right guy won.

Shouldnt have even been close

#3 Posted by Sirfizwhiz (1412 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Edited by Wolfrazer (16052 posts) - - Show Bio

....Better than I expected, but I'm not too sure on Maul's characterization here, maybe it was just the faces but it seemed strange. Plus he should have just crushed Pete's neck when he had the chance like...several times if his saber/MA wouldn't work. Felt it was kinda cheap that Pete got help though from the symbiote.

#5 Edited by Batman3000 (5652 posts) - - Show Bio

I was rooting for Spiderman but I can't say I know enough about Maul to say who would win in a fight.

#6 Posted by Jacthripper (14894 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah

Maul would win by turn Peter's head around with the force. That death was stupid.

#7 Edited by NeonGameWave (19333 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Peter would win based on all the facts and all the factors but that doesn`t mean it will be impossible for Darth Maul to win everything that was said seemed accurately applicable assessment-wise.

#9 Edited by wiese (205 posts) - - Show Bio

You have to restrict Maul's TK for peter to win.

Maul won't be tagging peter, even with force enhancements.

#10 Posted by Impervious (5603 posts) - - Show Bio

@jacthripper: @wolfrazer: the only thing worth watching in Super Power Beat Down is Marisha Ray, especially that time she washed the Batmobiles.

#11 Posted by Heatblaze (10399 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm kinda surprised he won, especially with all the hype with the force awakens.

#12 Posted by alik28 (263 posts) - - Show Bio

Canon only so I dont know his clonewars feats but phantom menace maul gets spidey stomped and it looks like thats the maul we got (non robotic legs)

Anyways a bloodlusted spidey blitzes maul and ends it in one punch a morals on spidey likely loses. That said regular spidey can take it and doesnt need the symbiote

The guy doing spideys boice drove me crazy tho

#13 Edited by Sirfizwhiz (1412 posts) - - Show Bio

@alik28: Yeah, that voice arcing was pretty hard to hear.

#15 Posted by Hypnos0929 (6470 posts) - - Show Bio

Maul wins because of the force and his impressive dialing skills

#16 Posted by Red King (932 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Darth Maul controlled by his Angry? As in he lets it get the best of him? If so i'd give it to Peter.

#17 Posted by Waking_Dreamer (666 posts) - - Show Bio

How does a tech genius like Parker not know how to switch on a lightsaber...??

#18 Posted by Red King (932 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Edited by Waking_Dreamer (666 posts) - - Show Bio

@red king: I know, but they should at least be consistent...they had Batman not only switch on a lightsaber but duel with it just fine without even precog.

#20 Edited by Wolfrazer (16052 posts) - - Show Bio

@waking_dreamer said:

@red king: I know, but they should at least be consistent...they had Batman not only switch on a lightsaber but duel with it just fine without even precog.

Which was BS in the first place, this was too actually, Maul had this match pretty much won but the symbiote got involved hardly a real win if Pete needed help from an alien thing. Plus why not ya know...crush his neck? If he can ragdoll him and smash him into the ground multiple times, that shouldn't be out of his league. Lightsaber/MA don't work?...You have The Force Maul to ya know...crush him..

#21 Posted by Waking_Dreamer (666 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer: They've got the alternate ending coming, so maybe then Spidey gets his neck broke.

#22 Posted by Sirfizwhiz (1412 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer: Its sad with the Star Wars hype, fans voted in favor of Spidey lol.

#23 Posted by Heatblaze (10399 posts) - - Show Bio

@waking_dreamer said:

Which was BS in the first place, this was too actually, Maul had this match pretty much won but the symbiote got involved hardly a real win if Pete needed help from an alien thing. Plus why not ya know...crush his neck? If he can ragdoll him and smash him into the ground multiple times, that shouldn't be out of his league. Lightsaber/MA don't work?...You have The Force Maul to ya know...crush him..

The symbiote was kinda an excuse to have Spidey kill Maul.

#24 Edited by Heatblaze (10399 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe the civil war movie was just as hyped :P

#25 Edited by Wolfrazer (16052 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatblaze123: Yeah I get that, but it was still stupid imo but whatever was entertaining and certainly more plausible(aside from again the Force thing but..) than the Batman vs Vader one..

#26 Posted by Sirfizwhiz (1412 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizwhiz said:

Maybe the civil war movie was just as hyped :P

Oh shit, good point. Have they shown his costume yet?

#27 Posted by BlotOutTheSun (32 posts) - - Show Bio

The right person won. Spider-Man is too fast and too strong for Maul. Even with the force, constant webbing will give Maul trouble.

#29 Posted by Wolfrazer (16052 posts) - - Show Bio

Heck with it, not gonna get into it. Was entertaining enough, some BS around but I really just hate it when people use these and the DBs as some kinda evidence really.

#30 Posted by 44orhsaJ (1579 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizwhiz: @wolfrazer:I just want to point out the symbiote did not amp Peters stats when he wore it originally:

No Caption Provided

Last I checked spider-man outsold the avengers, superman, and batman combined. Not sure if he is still operating at those level of sales but the truth is spider-man might be the most popular character right now.....I don't think star wars can compete with that but I could be wrong.

#31 Edited by Wolfrazer (16052 posts) - - Show Bio

@44orhsaj: Originally being the keyword has it changed? Although here it did give him back his webbing after the shooters were crushed. But still honestly, Maul could have just crushed him ya know...if he could ragdoll him and then smash him into the ground hard 3 times over, breaking his neck shouldn't be out of realm.

#32 Posted by 44orhsaJ (1579 posts) - - Show Bio

@44orhsaj: Originally being the keyword, although here it did give him back his webbing after the shooters were crushed. But still honestly, Maul could have just crushed him ya know...if he could ragdoll him and then smash him into the ground hard 3 times over, breaking his neck shouldn't be out of realm.

Oh I'm not commenting on the video. Super power beat down is 100% fan voted so it doesn't matter. I'm just saying when Peter wore the black suit it didn't amp him. The only time we saw the black suit amp spider-man was when SpOck wore it.

#33 Posted by Wolfrazer (16052 posts) - - Show Bio

@44orhsaj said:

Super power beat down is 100% fan voted so it doesn't matter.

If only people actually understood...

#34 Posted by RolandAlderas (1925 posts) - - Show Bio

The real question is why did he hide a lightsaber?

Fun to watch still

#35 Posted by Sirfizwhiz (1412 posts) - - Show Bio

@44orhsaj: To be fair, more people watch movies and read comics, and the best movie sales determine the popularity :)

#36 Edited by Waking_Dreamer (666 posts) - - Show Bio

The symbiote was supposed to give Parker the killing instinct, and his organic webshooters was supposed to take Maul by surprise since he thought he already disabled them.

Anyway, Parker's voice (same guy from the Avengers waiting room skits) was at least a little annoying, and Maul was grunting in anger too much from getting tagged by Spidey. Definitely should have been more cool-headed at least outwardly.

Avatar image for lorthanquinetas
#37 Edited by LorthanQuinetas (328 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth Maul was out of character in this. He is a calm and cold sith despite his appearance, as soon as he realized Spider-man was to fast for him, he would've used the Force to impale him with his lightsaber or crack his neck light everyone else said.

The Ending was PIS.

#38 Posted by 44orhsaJ (1579 posts) - - Show Bio

@44orhsaj: To be fair, more people watch movies and read comics, and the best movie sales determine the popularity :)

Yea but I'm just talking about merchandise here, not comic sales. Marvel made 1.3 Billion dollars on spider-man merchandise in 2014. We'll have to wait until 2015 ends to see if thats changed. Star wars has probably made a lot more as a franchise in that year but I don't think individual characters from the star wars universe can compete with that.

No Caption Provided

#39 Edited by Sirfizwhiz (1412 posts) - - Show Bio

@44orhsaj: Im dumbfounded on this reasearch.

On the plus side, Marvel is killing DC. The Comic Franchise War is pretty much over at this point.

Nintendo vs Sega = Nintendo wins.

WWF vs WCW = WWF wins.

Marvel vs DC = Marvel looking good to win.

#41 Posted by Jacthripper (14894 posts) - - Show Bio

@44orhsaj: Im dumbfounded on this reasearch.

On the plus side, Marvel is killing DC. The Comic Franchise War is pretty much over at this point.

Nintendo vs Sega = Nintendo wins.

WWF vs WCW = WWF wins.

Marvel vs DC = Marvel looking good to win.

I agree. DC has been lagging due to their lack of marketable characters. They only have Superman and Batman and (kinda) Wonder Woman, while Marvel has Spiderman, the Avengers, the X-Men, GotG, and soon enough they'll have Inhumans. DC has lost it's opportunity to catch up because they've been so limited in what they can market.

#42 Posted by 44orhsaJ (1579 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree. DC has been lagging due to their lack of marketable characters. They only have Superman and Batman and (kinda) Wonder Woman, while Marvel has Spiderman, the Avengers, the X-Men, GotG, and soon enough they'll have Inhumans. DC has lost it's opportunity to catch up because they've been so limited in what they can market.

Well to be fair I'm pretty sure DC is making an effort to change that. With Arrow, The Flash, They gave Constantine a shot at a TV show, and now Legends of Tomorrow. They are also starting there expanded movie universe now so we'll see how that goes. Regardless now that marvel has star wars comics, and the fact that spider-man can basically generate more profit than batman and superman combined than yea I don't see DC catching up anytime soon. Marvels whole constant renumerbing strategy seems to help too as much as people hate it.....

All though DC will probably get another opportunity to catch up.

#43 Posted by Jacthripper (14894 posts) - - Show Bio

@44orhsaj said:
@jacthripper said:

Well to be fair I'm pretty sure DC is making an effort to change that. With Arrow, The Flash, They gave Constantine a shot at a TV show, and now Legends of Tomorrow. They are also starting there expanded movie universe now so we'll see how that goes. Regardless now that marvel has star wars comics, and the fact that spider-man can basically generate more profit than batman and superman combined than yea I don't see DC catching up anytime soon. Marvels whole constant renumerbing strategy seems to help too as much as people hate it.....

All though DC will probably get another opportunity to catch up.

Arrow and the Flash have suffered heavily from being on the CW. Constantine sadly was cancelled, but the general population doesn't even know who he is. They're doing their best, but the average person won't watch the Flash or Arrow regularly. Their movie universe has a really late start, and judging from what has been happening, will take ten years to put out 2 or 3 more. Can you really tell me people will line up clamoring for Aquaman? Money-wise, Marvel made a perfect decision in selling to Disney, because now they don't have to beg for good movies. And their renumbering strategy? Sure the comics might not be great, but Marvel has moved past comics, when one of their movies makes more than an entire run of most characters.

I honestly don't see DC catching up, because they've been milking the same cash cow for decades, and they're losing interest.

#44 Posted by Killerwasp (17290 posts) - - Show Bio

Maul should of won, but the fans are brain dead so whatever.

#45 Posted by Sirfizwhiz (1412 posts) - - Show Bio

@44orhsaj:

Marvels whole constant renumerbing strategy seems to help too as much as people hate it.....

I hate the fact the same characters been around since the 60s. It makes continuity a fudging mess. i notice many people distinguish era as different characters. classic Thor and Classic Strange are NOTHING like the 90s and forward versions. Piratically different characters and powers lol. Ghost Rider has had several retcons alone lol.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
#46 Posted by echostarlord117 (5576 posts) - - Show Bio

Canon Maul? Peter could win this. I think the video did a bad job depicting the fight, though.

#47 Posted by cresShadow (1051 posts) - - Show Bio

im glad spidey won, but maul is one of the most unfairly jobbed sith in star wars history

Avatar image for pervertedhisoka
#48 Edited by PervertedHisoka (146 posts) - - Show Bio

@jacthripper said:

Nah

Maul would win by turn Peter's head around with the force. That death was stupid.

Maul`s force telekinisis isn`t that strong, like at all man.

He`s just strong enough in it to throw barrels and push people over, the majority of his offense comes from his lightsaber.

Also add the fact that Spiderman`s neck is strong enough to tank hits from people only slightly less powerful then the Hulk, it wouldn`t have made much of a difference.

#49 Posted by Sirfizwhiz (1412 posts) - - Show Bio

@pervertedhisoka:

He`s just strong enough in it to throw barrels and push people over, the majority of his offense comes from his lightsaber.

Whaaaat?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for pervertedhisoka
#50 Posted by PervertedHisoka (146 posts) - - Show Bio

@pervertedhisoka:

Whaaaat?

No Caption Provided

This version was not used.