spiderman can own afro samurai

lionheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By lionheart

Spider-man would win this fight......i think it would be sort of close though.

king. saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By king. saturn
Sammy takes this..........
Braise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Braise

Afro-samurai can win this fight.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By King_Saturn
Afro Samurai wins here
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Matezoide2

Spidey ftw,i doubt Afro can even cut Peter's web (they are stronger than metal)

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By King_Saturn
Matezoide said:
"Spidey ftw,i doubt Afro can even cut Peter's web (they are stronger than metal)"
You cant beat Samuel L. Jackson  !

LOL jk jk
Braise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Braise
Matezoide said:
"Spidey ftw,i doubt Afro can even cut Peter's web (they are stronger than metal)"
Afro cut through bullets before.
Yoshimitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Yoshimitsu

Afro wins hear. He's fought a stronger, robotic version of himself, while maybe 3,000 feet in the air and descending and came out on top. It's a close one, but Afro takes it.

Beastly-Hound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Beastly-Hound

I need to watch Afro Samurai but i think Sam JUST!

Trackz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Trackz

afro samurai is faster, very storng, and might be more durable (didnt he survive a spear to the head), I see him winning seeing as he's more lethal and a LOT more skilled than spiderman

Braise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Braise

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Static Shock

Going with Spider-Man here.

Trackz said:

"afro samurai is faster, very storng, and might be more durable (didnt he survive a spear to the head), I see him winning seeing as he's more lethal and a LOT more skilled than spiderman"
What makes him so fast that Spider-Man can't avoid him? He isn't stronger than Spidey either.
Braise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Braise
Static Shock said:
"Going with Spider-Man here.

Trackz said:
"afro samurai is faster, very storng, and might be more durable (didnt he survive a spear to the head), I see him winning seeing as he's more lethal and a LOT more skilled than spiderman"
What makes him so fast that Spider-Man can't avoid him? He isn't stronger than Spidey either.
"
Curious, how do you think Spidey could take Afro out?

Anyhow, concerning Afro's durability, he traded blows with Jinno, who's kicks easily crush boulders (:35-37).

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Static Shock
Braise said:
"Curious, how do you think Spidey could take Afro out?

Anyhow, concerning Afro's durability, he traded blows with Jinno, who's kicks easily crush boulders (:35-37).

"
By beating his ass, or webbing him up and hanging him from a tree. And, trading blows with a guy that can crush boulders doesn't mean anything.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Afro takes it in my opinion. (but I hate Spiderman so my opinion means jack)

Under Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Under Dog
Static Shock said:
"Braise said:
"Curious, how do you think Spidey could take Afro out?

"
By beating his ass, or webbing him up and hanging him from a tree. And, trading blows with a guy that can crush boulders doesn't mean anything."
actually, it kind of speaks alot when used as a durability feat.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Static Shock
Under Dog said:
"actually, it kind of speaks alot when used as a durability feat."
Characters do that all the time. It doesn't mean they can't lose.
No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By No_Name_

maaaaaaaaaaybe if he lays off the weed. 

Afro S.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By The_Ghostshell
BatgirlBabs said:
"maaaaaaaaaaybe if he lays off the weed. 
Afro S.
"
Thats like taking away Popeye's spinach
No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By No_Name_

HAHAHAHA

I have no words, Gambler. 
Braise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Braise

Can Spidey actually dodge bullets, or is it his spidey-sense that allows him to move quicker than the reaction time the foe has to pull the trigger? Because if its the second, I'm more than sure SM is  a lost cause.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Static Shock
Braise said:
"Can Spidey actually dodge bullets, or is it his spidey-sense that allows him to move quicker than the reaction time the foe has to pull the trigger? Because if its the second, I'm more than sure SM is  a lost cause."
Yes. He can dodge bullets without the spider-sense. He can react 15 times faster than humans.
Braise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Braise
Static Shock said:
"Braise said:
"Can Spidey actually dodge bullets, or is it his spidey-sense that allows him to move quicker than the reaction time the foe has to pull the trigger? Because if its the second, I'm more than sure SM is  a lost cause."
Yes. He can dodge bullets without the spider-sense. He can react 15 times faster than humans."
Hmm. According to wiki, human reaction time (described as blinking) is .1 seconds. Depending on the caliber, gun-type, bullet-type, and gunpowder, a bullet should, on average, travel at 1,000 miles per second. Spidey reacts at one fifteenth of .1, measuring up at .006666 seconds. At point-blank, the bullet would still be traveling 16 miles per .1 seconds, way too fast for spidey to dodge. Atleast according to my calculations. Afro's dodged bullets from stronger, higher caliber guns (such as from Afro-robot) from a relatively short distance.

Btw, do you have any scans of Spidey reacting faster than a bullet when his spidey sense was incapacitated?
The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The_Scourge

Afro Samurai

Trackz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Trackz

not only is spiderman a horrible fighter (as  evidence he always gets beaten by normal humans as long as they are master martial artists) afro is faster, (spiderman might be able to keep up thanks to his spider-sense) afro also survived a rocket blast and falling off a mountain (healed in about a day) and spidermans webbing doesnt move nearly fast enough to hit afro.

LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By LegendaryKYJ
Static Shock said:
"Braise said:
Yes. He can dodge bullets without the spider-sense. He can react 15 times faster than humans."
That was just narrative, he can react much, much, faster then that.
Avatar image for alexander_hillcrest
Alexander Hillcrest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Afro.Easily.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Static Shock
Braise said:
"Hmm. According to wiki, human reaction time (described as blinking) is .1 seconds. Depending on the caliber, gun-type, bullet-type, and gunpowder, a bullet should, on average, travel at 1,000 miles per second. Spidey reacts at one fifteenth of .1, measuring up at .006666 seconds. At point-blank, the bullet would still be traveling 16 miles per .1 seconds, way too fast for spidey to dodge. Atleast according to my calculations. Afro's dodged bullets from stronger, higher caliber guns (such as from Afro-robot) from a relatively short distance.

Btw, do you have any scans of Spidey reacting faster than a bullet when his spidey sense was incapacitated?"
Yeah. I do. I even saw a scan of Spidey catching a bullet without Spider-Sense, and it was a bullet that had been following him around too. I can't find that one anywhere, though.... The bullet wasn't an ordinary bullet, either....

caption
caption

caption
caption

Spider-Man dodges lightning from Electro. Lightning moves pretty fast.

caption
caption
caption
caption

Also, this is why I said Afro's durability means nothing... Spidey knocked out Bulldozer, who is possibly more durable that Afro.

caption
caption

Beaten the Rhino on several occasions.

caption
caption

caption
caption

Beating Titania, who is probably more durable than Afro. Stronger, too...

caption
caption

caption
caption

Knocking out Absorbing Man, who IS more durable than Afro

caption
caption

You said that guy could crush boulders. Well, imagine what would happen when getting hit by a guy that does this....

caption
caption

Or this.....

caption
caption

Trackz said:
"afro is faster."
No, he's not. If it's speed you want, it's speed you'll get......

caption
caption

caption
caption

My mistake. Spider-Man reacts 40 times faster than humans.....

caption
caption

Spidey has dealt with Speed Demon and Quicksilver. Both of them are faster than Afro.....

caption
caption
caption
caption

caption
caption

Braise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Braise

I don't see how the first three demonstrate Spidey dodging bullets without his spidey-sense. I assume he still has it intact and that he's just moving faster than the his opponent's reflexes, rather than the actual bullet itself. This especially applies for the third and forth scans, as Spidey himself even admits that was caught by the electric attack (previously) and had to take precautions when going against that electric guy. Spiderman jumping through the car was an impressive feat, while with the speedsters, not so much. All he did was stick his hand out. That doesn't demonstrate speed on Spidey's part at all. Didn't Deathstroke do that to Kid Flash (who himself could attain FTl speeds)? Spidey used the Quicksilver's own speed against him (I mean the guy was running around in a circle). Spidey is undeniably strong, picking up that train and what not, but I’ll still stand that Afro is very durable. Aside from being thrown around by Jinno, facing the brunt of countless boulders and the such, he also traded punches with Afro Droid, robot version of himself, and one feat of his strength has him effortlessly back punch a giant through a concrete wall twenty to thirty feet behind him.

Afro is truly faster than a speeding bullet, and we especially see this in his last fight with Justice, when Justice shot countless bullets at Afro, all being deflected or avoided. (1:08-1:20)

Want to talk about speed? Check this out (3:50-4-02; Afro seemingly teleports). Worth noting is that Afro really wasn’t trying to hurt Jinno for the majority of this fight.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Static Shock
Braise said:
"I don't see how the first three demonstrate Spidey dodging bullets without his spidey-sense. I assume he still has it intact and that he's just moving faster than the his opponent's reflexes, rather than the actual bullet itself. This especially applies for the third and forth scans, as Spidey himself even admits that was caught by the electric attack (previously) and had to take precautions when going against that electric guy. Spiderman jumping through the car was an impressive feat, while with the speedsters, not so much. All he did was stick his hand out. That doesn't demonstrate speed on Spidey's part at all. Didn't Deathstroke do that to Kid Flash (who himself could attain FTl speeds)? Spidey used the Quicksilver's own speed against him (I mean the guy was running around in a circle). Spidey is undeniably strong, picking up that train and what not, but I’ll still stand that Afro is very durable. Aside from being thrown around by Jinno, facing the brunt of countless boulders and the such, he also traded punches with Afro Droid, robot version of himself, and one feat of his strength has him effortlessly back punch a giant through a concrete wall twenty to thirty feet behind him. 
They do. And, he will always indicate that his spider-sense is going off when it does. Just because he has it, doesn't mean that it's it goes off all the time. The man is clearly dodging gunfire without using his spider-sense. Why wouldn't he be moving faster than the bullet itself if his reflexes are 40 times faster than human beings (he said this himself)? There have even been instances of Spider-Man dodging gunfire from all sorts of angles without his spider-sense, all at once. And, even with the Spider-Sense (amy instance I'm about to show you), it wouldn't make much of a difference.... Afro Samurai deflecting and avoiding bullets isn't any different.  With or without his spider-sense, it wouldn't matter, since his body sometime moves on it's own after his Spider-Sense goes off. Sometimes it goes off multiple times, causing him to dodge multiple attacks. Isn't any different from it not going off, because he would still dodge, either way. And, his reflexes are many times greater than normal humans. It's like saying the spider-sense being there is just like it not being there.

caption
caption

For the third and fourth scans, the man is dodging lightning, and even more so in the fourth one. Both of which, without his spider-sense. Taking precautions (besides wearing an insulated suit) wouldn't have anything to do with being fast enough to dodge a lightning bolt. Stopping a speedster by sticking your hand out is impressive, for the simple fact that the speedster is moving too fast to be hit. So, he would have to wait for the right time to hit him. Just sticking his hand out anytime he wants wouldn't work, because the speedster would easily dodge it. The same is said for Deathstroke (who uses 90% of his brain, and would be able to calculate when to hit speedster better and much faster than a normal human being, and Kid Flash can attain FTL speeds, but he doesn't always move that fast. Also, Afro Samurai can be as durable as he wants, but he's not more durable than Titania, the Rhino, Absorbing Man, and Bulldozer. All of them were knocked out by Spider-Man. If he can put them down, the Afro wouldn't be a problem. As for th Afro Robot, how strong do you think it is, to be honest? You make him sould like he hits harder than Colossus or something.
Braise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Braise

Afro Droid may not be colossus but I believe he's still pretty strong. Quicksilver wasn't too fast to hit, apparently (I really think that was PIS, but whatever). Concerning the spider-sense, I really doubt the authors will always allude to the spider-sense throughout a battle.There were times when Spiderman had his spider-sense disabled before (Green Goblin, and Mysterio have developed a gas that can deaden the 6th sense), so I was interested if there were any scans of him dodging bullets then. I could definitely see Spiderman taking this (with his durability, strength, agility and web-powers), but I still do think Afro can as well, as he's demonstrated to have far faster than bullet reflexes and speed than any normal human, he has strength, his blade is a force of nature (cutting through pretty much everything), and he has taken a beating before.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Static Shock
Braise said:
"Afro Droid may not be colossus but I believe he's still pretty strong. Quicksilver wasn't too fast to hit, apparently (I really think that was PIS, but whatever). Concerning the spider-sense, I really doubt the authors will always allude to the spider-sense throughout a battle.There were times when Spiderman had his spider-sense disabled before (Green Goblin, and Mysterio have developed a gas that can deaden the 6th sense), so I was interested if there were any scans of him dodging bullets then. I could definitely see Spiderman taking this (with his durability, strength, agility and web-powers), but I still do think Afro can as well, as he's demonstrated to have far faster than bullet reflexes and speed than any normal human, he has strength, his blade is a force of nature (cutting through pretty much everything), and he has taken a beating before."
So, you're saying that his Spider-Sense goes off even if it isn't specified?
Braise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Braise
Static Shock said:
"Braise said:
"Afro Droid may not be colossus but I believe he's still pretty strong. Quicksilver wasn't too fast to hit, apparently (I really think that was PIS, but whatever). Concerning the spider-sense, I really doubt the authors will always allude to the spider-sense throughout a battle.There were times when Spiderman had his spider-sense disabled before (Green Goblin, and Mysterio have developed a gas that can deaden the 6th sense), so I was interested if there were any scans of him dodging bullets then. I could definitely see Spiderman taking this (with his durability, strength, agility and web-powers), but I still do think Afro can as well, as he's demonstrated to have far faster than bullet reflexes and speed than any normal human, he has strength, his blade is a force of nature (cutting through pretty much everything), and he has taken a beating before."
So, you're saying that his Spider-Sense goes off even if it isn't specified?"
I'd think so.
Marvel:
"His spider-sense provides an early warning detection system linked with his superhuman kinesthetics, enabling him the ability to evade most any injury, provided he doesn't cognitively override the autonomic reflexes."

autonomic- acting or occurring involuntarily

It's treated as more of a reflex.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Static Shock
Braise said:
"I'd think so.
Marvel:
"His spider-sense provides an early warning detection system linked with his superhuman kinesthetics, enabling him the ability to evade most any injury, provided he doesn't cognitively override the autonomic reflexes."

autonomic- acting or occurring involuntarily"
That's what you think, but the comics show otherwise. Autonomic doesn't mean it happens all the time.
Braise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Braise
Static Shock said:
"Braise said:
"I'd think so.
Marvel:

autonomic- acting or occurring involuntarily"
That's what you think, but the comics show otherwise. Autonomic doesn't mean it happens all the time."
Apparently the corporate site, that owns the character and franchise, say another.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Static Shock
Braise said:
Apparently the corporate site, that owns the character and franchise, say another."
Marvel.com is a wiki. And, besides. I just read his Marvel.com entry. It doesn't say that the Spider-Sense goes off every time. And, the fact that it's autonomic doesn't make it so.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Static Shock

Bump!

Braise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Braise
Static Shock said:
"Braise said:
Apparently the corporate site, that owns the character and franchise, say another."
Marvel.com is a wiki. And, besides. I just read his Marvel.com entry. It doesn't say that the Spider-Sense goes off every time. And, the fact that it's autonomic doesn't make it so."
Regardless if it's a wiki, it's on the Marvel official site. And I never said it goes off all the time, just that it's basically "on" all the time, just like your other senses are always on.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Static Shock
Braise said:
"Regardless if it's a wiki, it's on the Marvel official site. And I never said it goes off all the time, just that it's basically "on" all the time, just like your other senses are always on."
Just because it's on the official site, which is edited by fans and not officials of Marvel, doesn't make it right. I'm a member of the site. I could go and edit that entry if I wanted to. It doesn't go off all the time, and your last post implied that it did. It may go off involuntarily, but there's nothing that says that it's always on. It goes off when it danger, but not when he's always in danger.
Braise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Braise
Static Shock said:
"Braise said:
"Regardless if it's a wiki, it's on the Marvel official site. And I never said it goes off all the time, just that it's basically "on" all the time, just like your other senses are always on."
Just because it's on the official site, which is edited by fans and not officials of Marvel, doesn't make it right. I'm a member of the site. I could go and edit that entry if I wanted to. It doesn't go off all the time, and your last post implied that it did. It may go off involuntarily, but there's nothing that says that it's always on. It goes off when it danger, but not when he's always in danger."
"Just because it's on the official site.."
W/e. I've already given my reasons for Afro-Samurai.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Static Shock
Braise said:
"W/e. I've already given my reasons for Afro-Samurai."
As long as I've gotten my point across.
Braise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Braise
Static Shock said:
"Braise said:
"W/e. I've already given my reasons for Afro-Samurai."
As long as I've gotten my point across."
Clearly.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Static Shock
Braise said:
"Just because it's on the official site.."
I'm just repeating what you said.

Braise said:
"Regardless if it's a wiki, it's on the Marvel official site.

You should go and check the power grids of Wolverine, Spider-Man, and Black Panther (which are supposed to be based on the power grids in the Handbook, but instead are votes from the fans). Then, you'd question the credibility of Marvel.com. It's worse than Wikipedia. The only thing official about it is everything else but the wiki on all of the characters in Marvel.