Spider-Man (Spider-island) vs Wolverine (Manifest Destiny) [PLZ READ]

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Alligatian

Alright folks I know Spidey vs Wolvie battles have been done to death (trust me, I've participated in many of them), this one is a little different. We are ONLY using Peter from Spider-Island who received training from Shang-chi and we are ONLY using Wolverine from Manifest Destiny.

This battle folks is strictly H2H and it takes place in an empty island (just to make it fair for Peter):

Round 1:

Both fighters are in character

No Caption Provided

Round 2:

Both fighters have no morals in this fight

No Caption Provided

Note folks, Peter cannot USE HIS WEBS AT ANY SITUATION and Logan cannot USE HIS CLAWS AT ANY MOMENT. This is strictly hand-to-hand combat, winning conditions is KO or DEATH and BFR is also allowed.

Place your bets!!!!

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheSpartanB345T

While Peter wins every time with webs, he can still win without them. Logan, on the other hand, needs his claws to oneshot, and he needs to oneshot because he's not hitting Peter more than once at a time.

Peter will have trouble KOing Logan but Logan is just waiting in the meantime bc he can't do much.

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While Peter wins every time with webs

I definitely agree with this, in my opinion it's not even a debate here, in fact webbing is what makes a Spider-Man vs Wolverine battle a spite thread.

, he can still win without them.

I would have to disagree here because Spidey doesn't have any physical means of putting Wolverine down unless you count in BFR, Wolverine on the other hand has TWO ways of putting Spidey down in unarmed combat. Pressure points or nerve strikes (which he is a master of) and punches (thanks to adamantuim), I can upload many scans of Wolverine's punches hurting Spidey many times and at least two instances where he KOED Peter with knuckles alone.

Logan, on the other hand, needs his claws to oneshot, and he needs to oneshot because he's not hitting Peter more than once at a time.

Agreed, but normally in their fights, Logan has been displayed as usually someone who never had problems tagging Peter. Take this fight for example:

No Caption Provided

In the above scan you see a naked Wolverine (awkward by the way, lol) having no trouble tagging Peter by tackling him and we see Logan holding someone far stronger than him down in a choke-hold. Let's see what happens next:

No Caption Provided

We see Logan being webbed up but he cuts himself free, then we see him no-selling a punch from an angry Peter and then we see him clawing Peter on the chest (after a first attempt of missing). And the short scuffle ends here:

No Caption Provided

Not that these scans count for anything but I just thought it was cool seeing Peter and Logan going at it, obviously these scans have no relevance because in this battle we are using ONLY Peter from Spider-Island (who never had spider sense but trained in WOTS) and Logan from Manifest Destiny (who demonstrates pure levels of martial arts skill). The scans uploaded above are from Astonishing Spider-Man and Wolverine #4 (or 5, between those 2)

Peter will have trouble KOing Logan

Unless if we are using bone-claw Wolverine, Spidey I believe has no way of koing Wolverine unless he uses objects like vehicles or other things similar to that. But repeated punches is something I doubt he can do to knock out Wolverine, comic history between the two has proven that. The only time Peter has ever koed Wolverine were in this instances:

i) Kaine (a.k.a the Scarlet Spider) koed Logan by shoving stingers in Logan's heart because his punches failed to do the job, Logan was up in the very next panel mind you.

ii) The Symboite Spidey koed Daken, I'm not sure the instances of the battle between the two but there were circumstances regarding that battle.

iii) Lastly the Spock incident, many have argued (even here at Comic Vine) that the battle was a low showing for Wolverine, regardless....Wolverine was up in the next page (smiling mind you) and having Spidey pinned in a reverse arm-bar chin-lock.

but Logan is just waiting in the meantime bc he can't do much.

Yes he can, if he can tag Peter using nerve holds or pressure points, Peter is finished. However like I said, Peter's only option in winning here is BFR