Spider-man (PS4 2018) runs a Conduit Gauntlet (Infamous 1/2/Second Son)

Waking_Dreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Spider-man (PS4 2018) runs a Conduit Gauntlet (Infamous 1/2/Second Son) (16 votes)

Spider-man (PS4 2018) defeats LESS than half of the gauntlet 19%
Spider-man (PS4 2018) defeats about HALF of the gauntlet 19%
Sider-man (PS4 2018) defeats MORE than half of the gauntlet 25%
Spider-man (PS4 2018) CLEARS the gauntlet 38%
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

State of mind: In character but ready to kill if need be.

Knowledge: Full for Spider-man, Conduits simply assume he is a powerful new Conduit.

- Spider-man (level 50) has fully upgraded skills and gadgets.

- Spider-man is fully healed and has his gadgets refilled before each round.

- Your choice of combo. between THREE suit powers before each round (except for Equalizer).

- One suit power at a time, which will begin the standard cooldown after each activation.

Starting Suit Powers:

1. Battle Focus - Generates Focus for a short time (which can be used for healing).

2. Quad Damage – Assistive nano-musculature temporarily deals MASSIVE damage.

3. Defence Shield – Generates an energy shield that temporarily absorbs all damage.

List of other available Suit Powers

GAUNTLET:

No Caption Provided

Round 1: Sasha (Infamous 1)

Round 2: Lucy Kuo (Infamous 2)

Round 3: Nix (Infamous 2)

Round 4: Abigail Walker (Infamous: Second Son)

No Caption Provided

Round 5:Alden Tate (Infamous 1)

No Caption Provided

Round 6: Brooke Augustine (Infamous: Second Son)

No Caption Provided

Round 7: Eugene Sims (Infamous: Second Son)

No Caption Provided

Round 8: Kessler (Infamous 1)

Victory by death, K.O. or incapacitate.

Can the friendly neighbourhood Spider-man make his mark on the Conduit-filled Curdun Cay?

• 
Waking_Dreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some Spider-man PS4 feats:

Durability:

Shock-wave / Blast Resistance
Shock-wave / Blast Resistance
Lightning Resistance
Lightning Resistance
Blunt Force Resistance
Blunt Force Resistance

Strength and Webbing:

Spidey stepping his foot down!
Spidey stepping his foot down!
Lifting layers of reinforced concrete
Lifting layers of reinforced concrete
Rapid-fire webbing
Rapid-fire webbing
Web-ripping gun-turrets
Web-ripping gun-turrets

Speed and Reactions:

Surprise Attack (?)
Surprise Attack (?)
Avoiding Helicopter gun-fire
Avoiding Helicopter gun-fire
Faster than Electro's Lightning
Faster than Electro's Lightning
Quicker than Electro's Electromagnetism
Quicker than Electro's Electromagnetism

Avatar image for deactivated-6021b09dd509c
deactivated-6021b09dd509c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Not getting past Eugene , then rest aren't all that tough to beat.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can get beaten by Abigail, or Aiden. And he if does beat them, he isn't getting past Augustine.

Waking_Dreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By red_ruby_petal

@deathhero61: I am curious how you know so many forms of fiction like knowing 50 different games, more than 3 different long running stuff like One Piece, SDS, DBZ and the such altogether, and I bet you read a few comics already. You know so much. Idk I just think you know a lot.

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Michaelbn

he will stop in 5, if not in 7 but he can clear all if he plays his card right.

Avatar image for thanos_thebadas
thanos_thebadas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waking_dreamer: Thanks I did see this thread, and I commented I must've clicked off it too early or something, lol. Anyway Spidey takes this with high dif imo.

Narutogen13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm, he could possibly stop at Augustine. It'll be extremely difficult to get past her concrete abilities, especially if she manages to fuse concrete into Pete's body. He has no counter to that which means he'll need to be on the defensive and use his superior speed and agility to counter.

He could possibly stop at round 6 because of that, which technically means he takes more than half the Gauntlet imo.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: I am curious how you know so many forms of fiction like knowing 50 different games, more than 3 different long running stuff like One Piece, SDS, DBZ and the such altogether, and I bet you read a few comics already. You know so much. Idk I just think you know a lot.

`The only comics I read right now is Deadpool, Invincible(which finished not too long ago) and I literally just started Guardians of the Galaxy. I don't read many comics, but I do research on them when I can in debates.

I know plenty of game characters, because I play a shit ton of them. Long running stuff was sort of a lucky thing on my part because a lot of them I grew up with, and I have a lot of free time on my hands.

Shadowwaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Shadowwaker

Sasha has mind control if spidey gets hit with tar. Nyx was able to damage the beast; although she killed her self doing it, the beast survived a nuke. In the evil ending she shoots RFI radiation. Scaling from Cole conduits have at least city level durability.

Waking_Dreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Waking_Dreamer

@shadowwaker: Spidey here has full knowledge of the conduits' special abilities coming into the fight.

The victory condition here is through incapacitate as well, where correct me if I'm wrong, but Second Son established that Elemental conduits cannot pass through electrified fences/barriers. Spidey has electrified webbing and the use of electrified gauntlets to strike with if he equips that suit ability.

Besides, Cole is stronger than more than half of the gauntlet here and even he has never no-sold even a shotgun blast point-blank. So I have serious doubts that Spider-man not holding back (plus the Quad Damage ability) can't hurt any of these conduits...

Waking_Dreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooljammy18 said:

Hmmm, he could possibly stop at Augustine. It'll be extremely difficult to get past her concrete abilities, especially if she manages to fuse concrete into Pete's body. He has no counter to that which means he'll need to be on the defensive and use his superior speed and agility to counter.

He could possibly stop at round 6 because of that, which technically means he takes more than half the Gauntlet imo.

I was thinking, he does have knowledge of Augustine's abilities and starts with the Defence Shield ability. He could chose to activate it to temporarily negate any of Augustine's attacks where he then closes in with his superior speed and agility - doing as much damage up close before he keeps his distance again - waiting to for the ability to recharge.

Is there any attacks from any of the Conduits that you think may be too fast for Spidey to dodge considering he has full knowledge + precog? While many of the Conduits here have various long-range attacks and decent DC to go with it, I think the enclosed environment with the numerous line-of-sight cover + Spidey's Web-Trip Mines, Suspension Matrix, Web-Bombs etc. gives him the versatility to put up a good fight against any of them.

Shadowwaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Shadowwaker

@waking_dreamer: Well his electric webbing probably wouldn't do much, since we also get a taste of conduit durability from Delsin who isn't as affected by lava. But if the conduits can't break out of his webbing through strength or teleportation then he wins.

Cole has taken point blank shotgun damage and more. The RFE that destroyed Empire City was an explosion, that only conduits can survive. It's repeatedly stated and shown throughout the series that normal humans can't survive the radiation nor any explosive output that the RFE gives off.

Also skip the mangling part, I assumed that a conduit was mangled, but it was a normal person's face that got mangled by Celia Penderghast, who isn't on here. Neither is Joseph, bloody mary, David Warner, or The beast.

Never played or even seen footage of that spiderman game, so who knows...

Avatar image for deactivated-6021b09dd509c
deactivated-6021b09dd509c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Waking_Dreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: Can you elaborate on the possible advantages Abigail, Alden and Augustine have over Spider-man, and how'd they use it to win?

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowwaker: Spidey here has full knowledge of the conduits' special abilities coming into the fight.

The victory condition here is through incapacitate as well, where correct me if I'm wrong, but Second Son established that Elemental conduits cannot pass through electrified fences/barriers. Spidey has electrified webbing and the use of electrified gauntlets to strike with if he equips that suit ability.

Besides, Cole is stronger than more than half of the gauntlet here and even he has never no-sold even a shotgun blast point-blank. So I have serious doubts that Spider-man not holding back (plus the Quad Damage ability) can't hurt any of these conduits...

Except that he has on multiple occasions taken several bullets directly to his body with no real harm. Has taken massive explosions to the face, and has even taken RFE blast on two seperate occasions.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9011bc9c6e9
deactivated-5c9011bc9c6e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 4 tbh

Waking_Dreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Waking_Dreamer

@deathhero61 said:

Except that he has on multiple occasions taken several bullets directly to his body with no real harm. Has taken massive explosions to the face, and has even taken RFE blast on two seperate occasions.

Can you post where Cole casual walks through / ignores gunfire? I'm pretty sure he gets hurt every time, and actually has to retreat if the gunfire is sustained.

What was the physical result of getting caught in the RFI (aside from actually turning him into a conduit in the first place) blasts? Was it being unconscious in a bed for SEVERAL days? Much less can obviously hurt / stun him for an incapacitate.

It doesn't matter too much since Cole is not even in this gauntlet...and at least half of the gauntlet is weaker than him, so obviously they don't get scaling from him anyway.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Spidey clears this. If nothing else, his speed advantage is overwhelming, and I think he could tank most damage here.

Shadowwaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waking_dreamer: The physical result is being vaporized... if you aren't a conduit. It's clear that you aren't harmed by the energy because it gives you powers, but the energy doesn't harm you because you are conduit. Cole was able to walk away slightly anyway and he still regenerated. Afterwards he took many explosion and even resisted atomization. Kessler became a conduit naturally and was stronger and more durable than Cole before he fought him.

Of course they scale. Infamous 2, a comic, and Second Son introduced us to what happen when you are exposed to ray field energy multiple times. You get stronger. Every conduit except Cassandra awakened their powers naturally, yet they are as strong or stronger than those activated it through the ray field.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61 said:

Can you post where Cole casual walks through / ignores gunfire? I'm pretty sure he gets hurt every time, and actually has to retreat if the gunfire is sustained.

Meaning, it doesn't immediately pierce his skin, and in other words does him no real harm. And he's taken a shotgun to the face in the game

https://gfycat.com/amazingforkedintermediateegret

This was a story mission, so the conduit that shot him was supposed to shoot him point blank while you weren't expecting it.

What was the physical result of getting caught in the RFI (aside from actually turning him into a conduit in the first place) blasts? Was it being unconscious in a bed for SEVERAL days? Much less can obviously hurt / stun him for an incapacitate.

Dude, the guy has gotten run over by trucks before he got powers, while he had powers gotten hit by trains, taken RPGs and the military hit him with a building busting bomb. And he has fought the beast head on.

It doesn't matter too much since Cole is not even in this gauntlet...and at least half of the gauntlet is weaker than him, so obviously they don't get scaling from him anyway.

Kessler does. Most of the feats I mentioned were Infamous 1 Cole.

Waking_Dreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@michaelbn said:

he will stop in 5, if not in 7 but he can clear all if he plays his card right.

Thanks I did see this thread, and I commented I must've clicked off it too early or something, lol. Anyway Spidey takes this with high dif imo.

I think Spidey clears this. If nothing else, his speed advantage is overwhelming, and I think he could tank most damage here.

DD-Harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: Spider-Man extremely holds back when he strikes normal humans to avoid killing them. Since he has full knowledge about his opponents, he doesn't have to worry about killing them and can go all out in which case he KO's all of them with a single direct hit. Spidey might have to try a little harder against the Conduits who fight by creating constructs but he'll win eventually.

If Spidey has his velocity suit, he can easily stomp all of 8 them at once.

DD-Harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: Delsin was using the orbital drop/hellfire swarm attack. That's not a durability feat and Delsin was KO'd by Hank quite easily which proves Delsin isn't as durable as you think he is.

Spidey clears because of his overwhelming stat advantage and because he can handle or has handled foes like these Conduits before.

I think it's mentioned by the OP we can choose which suit he wears. Velocity suit Spidey solos this gauntlet even if they all gang up on him.

DD-Harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: I don't know if you're trolling or you know absolutely nothing about Spidey. I'll assume it's the latter.

Delsin slams into the ground exploding on impact turning into particles of cinders and ash after which he reforms his body again. That's not durability. Getting KO'd by Hank is one of Delsin's durability shortcomings and it was right before facing Augustine and destroying her island which means your argument that he wasn't at full strength is invalid.

Conduits are stronger and faster than Spidey. That's insanely wrong. Can Conduits lift tons? No. Can Conduits dodge gunfire? No, they always get tagged by bullets. Spidey can dodge all of their attacks and KO them easily. His stat advantage is ridiculous. They simply can't overcome it.

If you knew the velocity suit's abilities, you'd know Spidey stomps even in an 8 on 1 but you don't.

DD-Harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DD-Harris

@eredin12: You can look up scene yourself. I'm done trying to convince you that Delsin isn't that durable.

Nothing is baseless by feats. The game and the comics show what Spidey is capable of.

Delsin couldn't save his brother. How can you say that Conduit's enhanced strength allows them to lift tons? Fetch, one of the fastest Conduits around, had trouble escaping a police helicopter and the officers were able to track her by keeping a headlight on her during the chase. Fetch couldn't react fast enough to stop a normal human from drugging her. Conduits are not even bullet-timers.

DD-Harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DD-Harris

@eredin12: Delsin wasn't weakened and couldn't lift his brother. Fetch couldn't react and stop a human from drugging her. Sable is a peak human and she kicks his ass because he lets her. If Spidey wanted to, he can stomp her with minimal effort.

DD-Harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DD-Harris

@eredin12: Spidey beat Taskmaster fair and square while holding back, which was stated, to avoid killing him. In addition, Taskmaster is not only stronger than Sable but he's also more skilled which means Spidey can definitely beat/kill Sable quite easily.

I would appreciate it if you mention some conduit feats of strength and speed that Spidey can't match.