Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield) vs Makkari (Eternals)

Avatar image for deactivated-61b25f23d4557
deactivated-61b25f23d4557

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

• Andrew Garfield Spider-Man as of TASM ii
  • Makkari as of Eternals
  • Fight takes place in open field

Who Wins?

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Makkari wins

MikeMageo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Makkari statues and one shots

IchiNiSanji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Garfield spider was electricity timing. He catches makkari with spidey sense and some thwip thwip then webs her up, her combat speed is nowhere near the transcontinental speed she was showing for scouting.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ichinisanji:

>Her combat speed

Bruh, Speedsters don't have different speeds like that, she literally would have no idea where she was going if she did.

Anyways she stomps, Spidey gets Bullrushed, possibly earaped/ragdolled by shockwaves, etc.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#7 frozen  Moderator

Going by calcs, Spider-Man has faster reactions. He also has precog and is significantly stronger, not to mention more agile. Also having webbing that is 20x the tensile strength of steel.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen:

>Faster reactions

As I said before her reactions aren't split, she isn't A-Train like people claim she is.

>20x steel

>Significantly

You know Makkari can hit so hard she cracks rock faces? And can break boulders with her bullrushes right? She also sent a fenris sized deviant flying with her shockwaves

IchiNiSanji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joker567892

Too bad its true.

Her bullrush starts and the rocks falling under gravity travel while ikaris actually has to intercept them with his laser vision before her bullrush connects. This isnt even aesthetic, there's a real material consequence to her speed not being near mach 3000 in combat, where falling rocks can be used as distractions

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@joker567892:

@mikemageo said:

@akz said:

Spidey statues.

@ichinisanji said:

Garfield spider was electricity timing. He catches makkari with spidey sense and some thwip thwip then webs her up, her combat speed is nowhere near the transcontinental speed she was showing for scouting.

Spider-Man statues electricity flowing through the air before pre cog and moved faster than the conduction through the railing. Electirify conducts through wires at 300,000,000 m/s, which is the speed of light.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
IchiNiSanji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen

The electricity had already travelled through the railing earlier in the scene, he only stopped them from touching it and the big arc hitting them.

He only statues the arcing electricity travelling through the air when he uses his webs to catch the car (which is a lot slower than the speed of light, but still quite fast)

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen:

>Electricity moving at subsonic speed

>30,000,000,000 m/s

Are you trolling or serious?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 frozen  Moderator

@frozen:

>Electricity moving at subsonic speed

>30,000,000,000 m/s

Are you trolling or serious?

Re-read what I said:

Electirify conducts through wires at 300,000,000 m/s

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: ok and if it did, and Spidey even moved at half that speed, he would have broken the wrists of everyone he grabbed or disintegrated them.

Also I think it doesn't manage to travel through the pole by the time spidey lands lmfao, that's subsonic.

MikeMageo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@joker567892:

@mikemageo said:

@akz said:

Spidey statues.

@ichinisanji said:

Spider-Man statues electricity flowing through the air before pre cog and moved faster than the conduction through the railing. Electirify conducts through wires at 300,000,000 m/s, which is the speed of light.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In the gif you posted we see the electricity climb the metal relative to free fall speeds

No Caption Provided

Meaning that the electricity Electro uses is not as fast a normal electricity.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz:

Spidey isn't a speedster with inertia powers.

By the time Peter lands the electricity wasn't even done traveling through the pole.

If he was FTL he would have blitzed

1. Lizard

2. Electro

3. Goblin

He didn't and they were able to keep up with him consistently even if they were never moving at light speed. Stop the wank.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 frozen  Moderator
Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz: The electricity isn't even done traveling through the pole by the time Spidey lands, are you going to continue to ignore?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 frozen  Moderator

@akz:

Spidey isn't a speedster with inertia powers.

By the time Peter lands the electricity wasn't even done traveling through the pole.

If he was FTL he would have blitzed

1. Lizard

2. Electro

3. Goblin

He didn't and they were able to keep up with him consistently even if they were never moving at light speed. Stop the wank.

Spider-Man was a lot slower in the first film. Going by feats, he was considerably faster in the second. Electro and Goblin not being blitzed is hardly a knock on Pete. They have no anti feats to speak of. If anything, it just means they scale and have comparably fast reactions.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz:

>Quicksilver in comics

>Comics

You keep bringing up his Pre Cog, when we know it isn't as good as you say it is (Getting shot by bullets in TASM1 and a taser).

The fact that the electricity doesn't travel through the pole at light speed and isn't done by the time Spidey lands, and the fact that Electro's normal electricity is subsonic.

>Fighting Goblin is just PIS bro.

Lmfao Am I actually hearing this, how is it PIS? What you think Spidey should have just blitzed him at mftl speed? Or maybe Spidey isn't as fast as you claim he is.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Visually sure, but you can't prove he got any faster then he already was.

It goes against the intent.

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So makkari is slower than this in combat? Lol

No Caption Provided

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 frozen  Moderator

@frozen: Visually sure, but you can't prove he got any faster then he already was.

It goes against the intent.

He went from getting tagged by bullets to having a dozen showings of dodging electricity with ease. He obviously got faster.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz:

1. Uhm uhm, ok but this isn't the comics and as I said Peter isn't a speedster

2. Explain how he got this massive speed boost then, was it confirmed in canon that he got faster, or is that just fan-fiction you came up with off the top.

3. Ah yes, this argument doesn't work because Makkari is stated to break the sound barrier everytime she runs, Spidey has no statements like that.

4. Because that isn't how he fights, Peter doesn't fight like that either (When has he ever blitzed his opponent in TASM?)

MikeMageo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:
@akz said:

@mikemageo: Fun fact: the VES and his team did as best they could to make it look like a freeze-frame and that they were statues, meaning what is shown here was just an error.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/tasm-2-spidey-confirmed-to-be-electricity-speed-by-2240016/

This is brilliant and should pretty much silence those who attempted to lowball the feat.

There is no other quantifiable instance of Spider man moving even a fraction of relativistic speeds outside of battling Electro.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: So it is just an assumption with no evidence then?

Concession accepted.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 frozen  Moderator

@frozen: So it is just an assumption with no evidence then?

Concession accepted.

Lol what?

He was tagged by a slower projectile in the first film and then has a dozen instances of dodging massively faster projectiles in the second. The evidence is clear as day - he became faster by feats.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz:

If you're ignoring irl, then why use IRL electricity as an example for how fast Spidey is when it's clearly much slower?

I never said Spidey wasn't a bullet timer, but if you really think he went from not being able to dodge tasers, to MFTL after a few years, then you've lost your damn mind.

So you agree that Spidey isn't lightning speed? Glad we agree on this.

I've already stated why this argument is disingenuous, even in TASM2 he didn't display the "MFTL" speed that you are claiming he has, which is my point he isn't ss fast as you're wanking him up to be, at most he's supersonic like most versions of Spidey.

Also lmfao if you think Spidey can rep speed like:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz: AKZ you didn't even read what I sent on there lol.

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Makkari stomps

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz:

Yes and one of those logics is clearly speed, get over it, Electro's electricity isn't infinite mach speed.

Frozen did, and you were supporting his argument blatantly.

Yea, and the electricity is S L O W, it's fictional electricity not even remotely scalable, might as well come out and say Hela is MHS because she dodge Thor's lightning a couple of times despite it obviously being slow.

You literally implied he wasn't lightning speed:

No Caption Provided

>shockwaves=subsonic

Mama7 tier

Also You're one to talk about visually subsonic.

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruh lmao

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz: I'll reply when I get back home.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 death4bunnies  Moderator

@mikemageo: @joker567892: @webinyoureye11: @akz:

—-

Ill just quickly give my opinion on the matter…

Lets start by clearing up Spider-Man feats.

I made a video counting SMs electricity reactions.

(I actually missed In that count video when it says insert text here) Every one of these happened after his most impressive feat of saving multiple people from electricity... that feat was long so it gets its own video below.

^^This one isnt included in that first video, its most impressive tho.^^(note for MikeMango, i think part of this video is precog, he’s literally seeing something before it happens, then everything rewinds, can you give it a watch; looking for that rewind and tell me what you think?)

And it was his last real fight, so it seems like he just got better as he progresse…pushed him self to react to what he needed to in the moment.

On top of his other feats.

——

Now I don’t think this means Spider-Man can run across a country very fast, but I do think it means he can react to very very fast things…like insanely fast, with his precog and natural speed.

I believe by feats he can react to Makkri.

I think she’s much stronger tho, and hits harder, so he’d have to web incap her, or trip her up so she flies into something.. I’d say 50/50.

Is that fair????????

MikeMageo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am well aware of Spider-mans feats of dodging electricity and the like. My problem stems from the fact that outside these feats, we do not get a single feat of Spider-man moving at 1/100 this of this speed. If Spider-man is this fast, then why does he only use this combat speed when fighting Electro? It makes no logical sense. Not to mention the fact that we see the electricity moving at free fall speeds and normal people reacting to it.

It can all be written off as VFX issues or PIS, or it can be acknowledged that Spider-man is not light speed.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 death4bunnies  Moderator

I am well aware of Spider-mans feats of dodging electricity and the like. My problem stems from the fact that outside these feats, we do not get a single feat of Spider-man moving at 1/100 this of this speed. If Spider-man is this fast, then why does he only use this combat speed when fighting Electro? It makes no logical sense. Not to mention the fact that we see the electricity moving at free fall speeds and normal people reacting to it.

It can all be written off as VFX issues or PIS, or it can be acknowledged that Spider-man is not light speed.

I think it’s simply he reacts to what the plot needs him to, you know to make it a entertaining fight in his movies. We know he can react to electro, we’ve seen him do it dozens of times.. I think that’s pretty impressive on its face… and calcs tend to agree.

I don’t know that a fair argument can be made that he could never react to her, that seems silly in light of his dozens of feats.. i dont think he can do it forever tho, and she has some great stats.

I still think 50/50, he can dodge, but not forever, and he can take her out with webs if he’s smart about it.