Team. Come at me.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By nickzambuto

I don't get how people can say Venom when Spider-Man routinely beats him once a week.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@nickzambuto said:

I don't get how people can say Venom when Spider-Man routinely beats him once a week.

Yeah Spidey always beats Eddie *eyeroll*:

Wreaks Spidey along with Human Torch:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6

Defeats Spidey with one tendril:

Defeats Spidey:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BringnIt said:

Team. Come at me.

Care to explain?

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#8  Edited By TheCannon

Spidey has beaten Vanom before. Wolvie only makes it easier. It's still hard, but it's easier with Wolvie there.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Ferro Vida
@nickzambuto said:

We're talking Eddie Brock, not Mac Gargan. 

@BringnIt said:
Team. Come at me.
No Caption Provided
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheCannon said:

Spidey has beaten Vanom before. Wolvie only makes it easier. It's still hard, but it's easier with Wolvie there.

Spidey has only beaten Venom (Eddie Brock) when he had a plot device. Don't know why its so hard for people to understand.

Wolverine will make absolutely no difference whatsoever to this fight.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#11  Edited By TheCannon

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@TheCannon said:

Spidey has only beaten Venom (Eddie Brock) when he had a plot device. Don't know why its so hard for people to understand.

Wolverine will make absolutely no difference whatsoever to this fight.

I missed the random encounter thing. If it can go to a draw, I saw draw simply because of Wolvie's healing factor. If there can't be a tie, then I'll say Venom.

kajitatsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kajitatsu

Environment's the only thing that can give the team a win. Eddie Brock Venom's smart enough not to get into any dangerous spots, his fight against Human Torch was pretty cool with using sand.

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By ChaosBlazer

Venom easy. Wolverine gets tied up, and anyways his claws wont do crap to a symbiote, Carnage has taken a stab in the back from Wolvey and not even flinched, he was just kinda surprised. Spidey hasn't ever really won a fight against Brock, and if you look at the stats thats how it should be.

If you look at stats, Brock wins. If you look at feats on paper, Brock wins,

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BringnIt

@BringnIt said:

Team. Come at me.

Care to explain?

Sure. First, while there's no doubt that Brock owned Spidey on numerous occasions in the past, several key points have changed since that time.

Let's look at the primary two advantages Brock had on Parker in the past, negation of spidey sense and durability.

Now while the first is still a hindrance to Parker, he now has specifically trained without Spider Sense to become a much better combatant than he was at the time. We saw him struggle and lose to Jess Drew without his spider sense, and we've seen his subsequent improvement since. The other key role the lack of spider sense played in his battles with Parker were Brock's use of camouflage, and Wolverine would be able to locate Brock's location via his enhanced senses, and possibly even Parker would be able to in the End of Days armor (although that's speculation).

As to the durability issue, Parker was never able to land enough blows on Brock to really test his durability, but Reilly was able to, proving the point that Parker could inflict enough damage if he had the skills to execute (especially with Wolverine damaging the symbiote, which I do not believe Eddie can just take repeated adamantium slashes without ill effects, regardless of what others have stated here in this thread), which I will argue he is much more capable of doing now with his improved skills.

Parker also now carries in his standard equipment cryo pellets, which I have no reason to believe Eddie could easily circumvent if he's tagged with one.

The last point I'd like to bring up is Parker's durability is greatly enhanced in the End of Days armor that he currently wears, taking blows from an upgraded Rhino and even a blow by a mind-controlled Thor (holding back or not, that's impressive).

To summarize, since this was long: Parker is a much more skilled fighter without his spider sense than he was in the past against Brock, he has tech that would seem to be able to incapacitate Venom in his standard equipment now, and his durability is increased. All this, coupled with Wolverine's assistance, who I don't think is a non-factor here, nets the team the victory in my opinion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Brock should take this.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BringnIt

@k4tzm4n: I will ban you.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

Venom. Wolverine is a non-factor.

No. He's not.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@BringnIt: Wait, you're using current Spidey with all of that tech? Well, that's no fun :P

THA MAN BUSTED UP CARBONADIUM!

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BringnIt said:

Now while the first is still a hindrance to Parker, he now has specifically trained without Spider Sense to become a much better combatant than he was at the time. We saw him struggle and lose to Jess Drew without his spider sense, and we've seen his subsequent improvement since. The other key role the lack of spider sense played in his battles with Parker were Brock's use of camouflage, and Wolverine would be able to locate Brock's location via his enhanced senses, and possibly even Parker would be able to in the End of Days armor (although that's speculation).

Parker has gotten to be a better fighter witout the spidersense though I hardly see it make a difference due to Venom's durability.

As to the durability issue, Parker was never able to land enough blows on Brock to really test his durability, but Reilly was able to, proving the point that Parker could inflict enough damage if he had the skills to execute (especially with Wolverine damaging the symbiote, which I do not believe Eddie can just take repeated adamantium slashes without ill effects, regardless of what others have stated here in this thread), which I will argue he is much more capable of doing now with his improved skills.

Ben Reilly was able to hurt a WEAKENED Venom after he shot Impact webbing in his mouth. Up until that point his blows were doing squat:

Absorbing Reilly's blows
Absorbing Reilly's blows

Venom has laughed off stabs from Wolverine countless times and the symbiote has shown no pain from the stab wounds either. Besides Logan will probably be webbed up and left somewhere at the beginning of the fight anyway, leaving Spidey against Venom.

Parker also now carries in his standard equipment cryo pellets, which I have no reason to believe Eddie could easily circumvent if he's tagged with one.

The last point I'd like to bring up is Parker's durability is greatly enhanced in the End of Days armor that he currently wears, taking blows from an upgraded Rhino and even a blow by a mind-controlled Thor (holding back or not, that's impressive).

Spidey's End of Days costume is not allowed since the OP did not state that Spidey has it. Also, Parker only used the cryo pellets once against Equinox when he had time to prepare for the fight. I hardly believe it is now part of his standard weaponry plus Venom could simply avoid it.

@BringnIt said:

To summarize, since this was long: Parker is a much more skilled fighter without his spider sense than he was in the past against Brock, he has tech that would seem to be able to incapacitate Venom in his standard equipment now, and his durability is increased. All this, coupled with Wolverine's assistance, who I don't think is a non-factor here, nets the team the victory in my opinion.

Spidey is a better fighter now but Eddie still has the strength and durability advantage plus speed equal to Spider-man's. Wolverine involvement makes absolutely no difference due to the fact that he is less than nothing to Venom.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BringnIt

@k4tzm4n said:

@BringnIt: Wait, you're using current Spidey with all of that tech? Well, that's no fun :P

Hey, I didn't make the rules here... We roll current. I'm certainly not using classic version that Brock stomped all over.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Super_SoldierXII said:

No. He's not.

Yes, he is. His claws don't even harm Venom and Eddie could easily incapacitate him with webbing or tendrils.

Romulus9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Romulus9000

Spiderman has taken venom alone he and wolverine could take venom easily

Good day.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BringnIt

@venomoushatred1001: It's assumed current versions. Spidey had the armor the entirety of his most reason story arc and was last seen wearing the armor, I see no reason to not include it unless OP specifies otherwise. As to the cryo pellets, it was actually a different technology he used on Equinox as that had to both freeze and heat him at the same time. The cryo pellets are the ones he specifically stated he routinely carries in his utility built as standard gear along with magnetic webbing, as well as the ones he stated he had been using off panel during his days long battle against Octavius's forces, and that he only had one left in the battle against the mind-controlled Avengers.

I'd appreciate it if you showed scans of Venom shrugging off blows from Logan, as I have seen the Venom symbiote cut before.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@venomoushatred1001:

Venom has laughed off stabs from Wolverine countless times and the symbiote has shown no pain from the stab wounds either.

In all fairness, I only recall the time in Marvel Comics Presents, and if you want to include symbiotes in general, Carnage having no grief at all with Wolverine's bone claws (in Spider-Man & The X-Men). They delivered no lasting damage, but a brutal stab to the chest (and according to the art went right through his entire body, LOL) still knocked Venom over, albeit very briefly and he was perfectly fine when he got back up.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@BringnIt said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Hey, I didn't make the rules here... We roll current. I'm certainly not using classic version that Brock stomped all over.

Yet for some reason he'll be back in his regular outfit during the next arc when he goes up against Lizard. I can't help but wonder why he'd ever make that decision, haha.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@Super_SoldierXII said:

No. He's not.

Yes, he is. His claws don't even harm Venom and Eddie could easily incapacitate him with webbing or tendrils.

A punch to the face, through the head, claws out is not a non-factor and will not have zero effect on Venom.

Wolverine alone, yes he gets incapacitated rather succinctly. He's not alone here. Logan's dangerous, and is not a non-factor. Venom is not invincible and a telling blow with twelve inch adamantium claws will be telling.

Spider-Man can run interference, leaving Venom open for one haymaker claws out through the face. Not a non-factor.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BringnIt

@k4tzm4n said:

@BringnIt said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Yet for some reason he'll be back in his regular outfit during the next arc when he goes up against Lizard. I can't help but wonder why he'd ever make that decision, haha.

Pete's secretly a sadomasochist. It's the real reason for One More Day.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Romulus9000 said:

Spiderman has taken venom alone he and wolverine could take venom easily

Good day.

With prep or plot device.

Please pay attention before making ignorant comments.

@BringnIt said:

@venomoushatred1001: It's assumed current versions. Spidey had the armor the entirety of his most reason story arc and was last seen wearing the armor, I see no reason to not include it unless OP specifies otherwise. As to the cryo pellets, it was actually a different technology he used on Equinox as that had to both freeze and heat him at the same time. The cryo pellets are the ones he specifically stated he routinely carries in his utility built as standard gear along with magnetic webbing, as well as the ones he stated he had been using off panel during his days long battle against Octavius's forces, and that he onlyone left in the battle against the mind-controlled Avengers.

had

I'd appreciate it if you showed scans of Venom shrugging off blows from Logan, as I have seen the Venom symbiote cut before.

Even if he does have the cryo pellets, Venom can still easily dodge them.

As for the End of Days story arc suit, if he has it, he solos. If he doesn't he gets stomped

I used to have the scan but can't find it. I'll keep looking.

Obtrusive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Obtrusive

I think it should of been the new venom, that is one of the coolest imo.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Super_SoldierXII said:

A punch to the face, through the head, claws out is not a non-factor and will not have zero effect on Venom.

Wolverine alone, yes he gets incapacitated rather succinctly. He's not alone here. Logan's dangerous, and is not a non-factor. Venom is not invincible and a telling blow with twelve inch adamantium claws will be telling.

Spider-Man can run interference, leaving Venom open for one haymaker claws out through the face. Not a non-factor.

You're right that it won't have ZERO effect it might tickle him a bit, but I see no way for Wolverine to do any real damage to Venom. Plus, Eddie is faster than Wolverine, can dodge his blows, and can easily incapcitate him. Wolvie poses no real threat to Venom.

Romulus9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Romulus9000

Dont call people ignorant on the internet i am not your enemy. And every time spiderman has beaten venom has not always been with prep. I'm not saying it is a stomp but look at it this way, here is one scenario, since it is agreed that Spiderman can take down Venom occasionaly without prep and probably most of the time with prep then it stands to reason that Wolverine could provide a long enough distraction for Peter (who is a genius) to think of a way to take him down.

I do not know you but i respect any and all opinions you have.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Romulus9000 said:

Dont call people ignorant on the internet i am not your enemy. And every time spiderman has beaten venom has not always been with prep. I'm not saying it is a stomp but look at it this way, here is one scenario, since it is agreed that Spiderman can take down Venom occasionaly without prep and probably most of the time with prep then it stands to reason that Wolverine could provide a long enough distraction for Peter (who is a genius) to think of a way to take him down.

I do not know you but i respect any and all opinions you have.

When was it agreed that Spidey can occasionally beat Venom without prep.

You know, nevermind. Goodbye, troll.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@Super_SoldierXII said:

You're right that it won't have ZERO effect it might tickle him a bit, but I see no way for Wolverine to do any real damage to Venom. Plus, Eddie is faster than Wolverine, can dodge his blows, and can easily incapcitate him. Wolvie poses no real threat to Venom.

Uh huh. Smart.

Again, it's not Wolverine versus Venom. It's Spider-Man and Wolverine versus Venom. So yes, he poses a threat here to Venom.

I'd wager Venom hits the mat hard if Logan pops him through the head with his claws. He might get back up, eventually, but it would be enough to constitute a win for team. You like to believe it would 'tickle' him. Can you show Venom being impaled through the head then saying 'tee hee that tickles?' If not, you're probably only fan wanking. If you can, I cede the argument that Wolverine is a non-factor.

In a one on one, Logan wouldn't / shouldn't get the chance to land a blow. One on one, yes, It's a bad fight for Logan due to tendrils and webbing. He's not alone here and therefore the chances of him landing one haymaker to the noggin are significantly improved.

Romulus9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Romulus9000

@venomoushatred1001: Woah woah woah dude i am certainly not trying to troll you i hate trolls.

Do you not think that the wolverine distraction couldnt lead to the win?

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Uh huh. Smart.

Again, it's not Wolverine versus Venom. It's Spider-Man and Wolverine versus Venom. So yes, he poses a threat here to Venom.

I'd wager Venom hits the mat hard if Logan pops him through the head with his claws. He might get back up, eventually, but it would be enough to constitute a win for team. You like to believe it would 'tickle' him. Can you show Venom being impaled through the head then saying 'tee hee that tickles?' If not, you're probably only fan wanking. If you can, I cede the argument that Wolverine is a non-factor.

In a one on one, Logan wouldn't / shouldn't get the chance to land a blow. One on one, yes, It's a bad fight for Logan due to tendrils and webbing. He's not alone here and therefore the chances of him landing one haymaker to the noggin are significantly improved.

I was playfully exaggerating with tickle comment.

Any way I still don't see Logan posing a threat. Venom has fought Logan before and knows what hes capable of. He would most likely web him up before going after Spidey. Venom is just to fast and has to many ways to take out Logan.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#36  Edited By Floopay

I have to agree with Wolverine being a non factor. Eddie is smart enough that if Wolverine starts to become a threat, he can easily climb upwards and leave Wolverine hanging, if he's smart he'll take the battle upwards right away and try to take Spiderman out. He can negate Spiderman's senses, and if he can get good distance on him and leave Wolverine in the dust, then he can easily hide himself (he is all black, so if he hides in a shadow or at night...), and get an ambush on Spiderman.

Spiderman has gotten more than a few upgrades, but Venom is still Venom. He's smart and he's taken on teams before.

Now the question I need to ask is this. The most recent Eddie Brock Venom was Anti-Venom was it not? If Anti-Venom is in this then I think he should take it 8/10, if it's regular Venom Eddie Brock, I'm still going him 6.5/10.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Romulus9000 said:

@venomoushatred1001: Woah woah woah dude i am certainly not trying to troll you i hate trolls.

Do you not think that the wolverine distraction couldnt lead to the win?

No.

Romulus9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Romulus9000

@venomoushatred1001: haha ok then no room for debate?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jashro44

@Floopay: Venom and anti venom are 2 different personas (also current eddie has the toxin symbiote). The op picture is eddie as venom.

Anyways at first I was going to say venom. Even if wolverine could hurt him its been established spider-man cannot. All though then again in the recent vulture story line in amazing spider-man current parker carries freeze pellets. Carnage was frozen by iceman in spider-man x-men # 3 (same issue wolverine stabbed through carnage and he just ignored the stab). So I think its possible for brock to get frozen and he does have a tendency to tank hits. Without his tech and just web shooters venom is taking it but as of dan slotts run spider-man can solo with his current tech.

Romulus9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Romulus9000

@jashro44 said:

@Floopay: Venom and anti venom are 2 different personas (also current eddie has the toxin symbiote). The op picture is eddie as venom.

Anyways at first I was going to say venom. Even if wolverine could hurt him its been established spider-man cannot. All though then again in the recent vulture story line in amazing spider-man current parker carries freeze pellets. Carnage was frozen by iceman in spider-man x-men # 3 (same issue wolverine stabbed through carnage and he just ignored the stab). So I think its possible for brock to get frozen and he does have a tendency to tank hits. Without his tech and just web shooters venom is taking it but as of dan slotts run spider-man can solo with his current tech.

Very knowledgable and informative. Well done.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jashro44

@Romulus9000: Thanks.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BringnIt

@Romulus9000 Consider yourself dead to me.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn you, Dan Slot and constantly giving Spider-man upgrades DX

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Floopay

@jashro44: You make a very valid point. The only thing I have to wonder is, are Spiderman's cryo-pellets even a fraction as strong as Iceman's freezing abilities. Granted Venom isn't quite as strong as Carnage, but it's still a valid question. Not to mention, Spiderman doesn't have an unlimited amount of these. Venom is still a bullet timer, and though he does have a tendency for taking blows, I have a hard time believing Eddie Brock will take some pellets thrown by Spiderman lightly and decide to just "tank them" without knowing what they are.

Again, it's a valid point, but I think Eddie is fast enough to avoid them, and once he observes their effect he'll definitely avoid them. Iceman's freeze rays should travel faster than Spiderman's pellets, and they should be quite a bit more powerful than the pellets as well.

That being said, I think Venom can take this 5 out of 10 (I've given the team an extra 1.5 wins because of this), at this point I'm still leaning towards Venom a little bit, but I can definitely see a fair point for siding with the team.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By jeanroygrant

How so?

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BringnIt

I think it makes way more sense that a top-level genius, which he has been considered for awhile, would apply his skills both financially and for his crime fighting than it does for him to, you know, take pictures.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Floopay

@BringnIt: Preposterous! You my friend should take your blasphemy elsewhere! But yeah, I completely agree, I never understood what Peter Parker was doing in the photography business. Especially when he's constantly talking to and working with these highly regarded scientists, you'd think someone would want to at least take him in as an assistant or a researcher/paid intern or something that pays more than photography!

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeanroygrant said:

How so?

I already explained how.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By jashro44

@Floopay: Well current boby is an omega level mutant so he probably has better freezing but this was a story based on 90's ice man (it was suppose to be an untold story from the clone saga) not sure how powerful boby was during that era. But even if he was an omega level mutant then the symbiotes haven't really done anything to say freezing wont work. I doubt venom would bother dodging. He tanks quite literally everything because 90% of the time he knows it wont do anything (and he is right most of the time). The cryo pellets do honestly look kind of like spider tracers only there a different color and it being bigger. I think he would just assume its a spider tracer and that spider-man is just trying to get his spider-sense to work. Not to mention wolverine could make a decent distraction (he has taken worst hits then from the likes of venom so he will be able to hold out for a little while, long enough for spider-man to hit venom with a freeze pellet from behind).

Damn you, Dan Slot and constantly giving Spider-man upgrades DX

LOL

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Bo88gdan

Team wins