Speed of Average Naruto Jounin?

• 115 results
Jueix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Speed of Average Naruto Jounin? (131 votes)

Subsonic 19%
Speed of sound 6%
Supersonic 11%
Hypersonic: Mach 5-10 24%
Hypersonic: Mach 30-50 21%
MHS: Mach 100-150 8%
Speed of lightning: Mach 300 5%
Faster than lightning 6%

Combat speed only, not reaction, travel or movement speed

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5d5d8c614fa9a
deactivated-5d5d8c614fa9a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hypersonic

Beta-56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

High Hypersonic.

All of the Sound 4 needed CS2 to beat 2 fatigued fodder Jounin.

Dadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hypersonic, easily.

Ivexio2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup, Hypersonic

Mr-Otaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Average? Subsonic i guess.

keiser994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Genma and Raido, average Jonin, kept up with the Sound 4 in their CS1 phase.

High Hypersonic.

Lmao at subsonic, what a joke.

Jueix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hypersonic+ easily, and famous Jounin are generally well above that.

cKarma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gemma and Raido were Hokages personal guards they’re above even ANBU level lmao

Avatar image for black_of_shadow
Black_Of_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ckarma: Gemma and Raido are ranked as Special Jounin (low Jounin level). They aren't full-fledged Jounin.

EmperorMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hypersonic at the lowest

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Casual lightning timers.

KingogKings777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996: why was it such a big deal that kakashi cut lightning then?

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AlphaQ

@noone1996 said:

Casual lightning timers.

Massive lowball, they're casual moon timers.

Real answer, they're subsonic at very best. Young Kakashi, as a Jounin, was about to get tagged by thrown kunai from an enemy, which were intercepted by Minato's thrown kunai. Kishimoto has said that kunai are subsonic.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphaq: They're multi-moon timers.

Woodward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Woodward

A Chunin level like Haku was lightspeed and Kid Kakashi was lightning timer. Jonins are well above Mach 300.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No..........!!!!

Yamiyodare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Faster than lightning.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

“Real answer, they're subsonic at very best”

LMAO

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Wolfrazer

@black_of_shadow said:

@ckarma: Gemma and Raido are ranked as Special Jounin (low Jounin level). They aren't full-fledged Jounin.

Ehh...I can't imagine the Hokages personal bodyguards as being low Jounin level. Sure the two of them were special in the fact they could perform the FTG technique. But I honestly can't imagine them being low level, especially since as they were exhausted/low on chakra, they still pushed the Sound 4 to CS2. Along with Genma being able to fight Baki.

Avatar image for black_of_shadow
Black_Of_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: Special Jounin are essentially 'jounin-level' in a specific area rather than as a whole.

From databook:

A special jōnin is a chūnin who has jōnin level skill in one particular area. The rank essentially means that they are allowed jōnin level status in one area.

So special jounin are inferior to regular jounin.

Gemma and Raido are ranked as Special Jounin:

No Caption Provided

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_of_shadow: I honestly have a hard time believing these two are low Jonin level with what they've done frankly. Databooks can be wrong.

AGrape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Part 1 Sasuke is FTL scaling off haku so jonin are MFTL.

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d39a38bf2071
deactivated-5d39a38bf2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

High Hypersonic

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kishi never said kunai are subsonic and kakashi cutting lightning isn’t a speed feat.

Jueix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Gaoron

The mach 10-30 gap you didn't list is where I would put them. But it's closer to 10 than 30 so I voted 5-10.

BrainDrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lelel @ mach 5-10, hating on this series has become a norm for some people. I wouldn't consider triple digit mach MHS but they are easily in that mach 100ish range.

The very first episode of the series they're litterally running around the entire village at FTE speeds and a Kid Naruto comically ran faster than sound....

Avatar image for deactivated-6081fb94189dc
deactivated-6081fb94189dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beta-56 said:

High Hypersonic.

All of the Sound 4 needed CS2 to beat 2 fatigued fodder Jounin.

Gemma and Raidou are not fodder.

Gemma and Raidou >> Average ANBU > Average Jounin

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Wolfrazer

@camilopezo said:

Gemma and Raidou >> Average ANBU

Mmmm....you sure? I mean what's it based on?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@camilopezo said:

Gemma and Raidou >> Average ANBU

Mmmm....you sure? I mean what's it based on?

To start an average ANBU would have no chance against a member of Sound 4.

Second, they were chosen as personal bodyguards of the Hokage and only strong Jonin are elected to that position.

Deathstroke_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_of_shadow said:

Ehh...I can't imagine the Hokages personal bodyguards as being low Jounin level. Sure the two of them were special in the fact they could perform the FTG technique. But I honestly can't imagine them being low level, especially since as they were exhausted/low on chakra, they still pushed the Sound 4 to CS2. Along with Genma being able to fight Baki.

Well, I would say ranks only represent the minimal amount of strengh one should've, even the weakest Chunin is massively stronger than an average Genin, at the same time it doesn't mean some exceptional Genins can't be stronger than a weak or an average Chunin.

ranks aren't only about strengh as well, a Chunin must have Chunin level in all types of missions (assassination, teaching, tracking, hiding, etc), hence's why the likes of Naruto and Neji weren't promoted despite being as strong as a Chunin. Shikamaru who is weaker than both was in other hands.

The same goes for the Jonin realm, I bet Genma simply isn't well rounded enough to be recognized as a full-fledged Jonin despite surpassing the minimum martial ability of a Jonin.

Overall, the ranking system is quite complexe and isn't exclusviely based on strengh.

Avatar image for mcu-defender333
MCU-Defender333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@woodward said:

A Chunin level like Haku was lightspeed and Kid Kakashi was lightning timer. Jonins are well above Mach 300.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Lelel @ mach 5-10, hating on this series has become a norm for some people. I wouldn't consider triple digit mach MHS but they are easily in that mach 100ish range.

The very first episode of the series they're litterally running around the entire village at FTE speeds and a Kid Naruto comically ran faster than sound....

Cool story.

@agrape said:

Part 1 Sasuke is FTL scaling off haku so jonin are MFTL.

Nice troll.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Wolfrazer

@deathstroke_50: Hmm...mmm....I guess.

@camilopezo: Why wouldn't two average ANBU be able to do the same as they did against the Sound 4? It's not like the ANBU lack feats or skill.

Although this is kinda trailing off topic, as this is about speed.

BrainDrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstroke_50: Hmm...mmm....I guess.

@camilopezo: Why wouldn't two average ANBU be able to do the same as they did against the Sound 4? It's not like the ANBU lack feats or skill.

Although this is kinda trailing off topic, as this is about speed.

My point is that Gemma and Raido aren't fodder.

The average Jonin is not hypersonic just because the sound 4 were hypersonic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still hypersonic

FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Hypersonic+ easily.

LitGen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jueix: Hypersonic. About Mach 30 at bare minimum.

MCU-Defender333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Hypersonic+ easily.

Please see below for a conversation I had with UltimateSage regarding Itachi's speed on a different thread. I don't see how you or any of the others here can claim even nameless, fodder jounin are easily hypersonic+, to be honest.

UltimateSage: 'And how exactly does them being MHS make pain's 5 sec interval irrelevant?? And itachi statuing SM naruto and pain when they're all in the MHS speed range?how?'

Because if the likes of Pain and Naruto were actually capable of moving at Mach 100, that would mean they could throw punches/kicks/attack/launch themselves at each other at 123,480 km/hr. At that speed, you could cover a km in less than 0.03 secs.

Five seconds would be loads of time, if they were that fast- but they're not. To be honest, they aren't nearly that fast.

Please consider the following:

No Caption Provided

Naruto has two seconds to land a hit on Pain here- but as we know, he doesn't make it.

No Caption Provided

Sorry, but based on this, there's no way Naruto is MHS when he fought Pain.

Hence, if Itachi was actually that fast, he could blitz someone on Pain's level- but as we know, he can't.

FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By FullMetalEmprah

@mcu-defender333: Yeah I've already read it, sorry I'm going with the fact Sasuke in Part 1 can not only dodge sound, but can move both Naruto and Sakura out of the way and then blitz Zaku before the attack hits him as only a genin. Or I can go with him and Lee blitzing Gaara's sand which can time explosions.

Not only that, but that distance doesn't look too far, in fact any truly FTE character should be able to blitz Pain in two seconds from that far away. Yet the entire village had trouble doing anything to him despite the fact Naruto characters have gone heavily FTE as far back as the Chunin Exams. So either this is an outlier for speed or Pain gets blitzed by several Part 1 characters based on feats. Which is it?

LitGen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are only so few confirmed Jonin.
Most Ninja you see are Chunin.

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For a Jonin, a master level Ninja, between Mach: 30-100 seems like a good average. Perhaps it's a bit lower outside of wartime, like Mach: 20-50, due to more lax training methods. Lightning is still incredibly fast for them, but reacting to people who react to it is far from a pipe-dream, and it's far above the Chunin exam candidates and their lower-end hypersonic speeds.

MCU-Defender333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MCU-Defender333

@fullmetalemprah said:

@mcu-defender333: Yeah I've already read it, sorry I'm going with the fact Sasuke in Part 1 can not only dodge sound, but can move both Naruto and Sakura out of the way and then blitz Zaku before the attack hits him as only a genin. Or I can go with him and Lee blitzing Gaara's sand which can time explosions.

Not only that, but that distance doesn't look too far, in fact any truly FTE character should be able to blitz Pain in two seconds from that far away. Yet the entire village had trouble doing anything to him despite the fact Naruto characters have gone heavily FTE as far back as the Chunin Exams. So either this is an outlier for speed or Pain gets blitzed by several Part 1 characters based on feats. Which is it?

Sasuke with CS1 activated can dodge a sound blast, yes. As for Gaara's explosion, the explosion was caused by paper bombs, which light up before the explosion take place, i.e. the attack was advertised.

And even if we were to accept the dubious equations of the VS battles forum (placing it supposedly at mach 20 or whatever), I would say that is more an outlier than the Pain thing. After all, if being supersonic is a big deal for genin (this is a fact, as made obvious by the events in the Forest of Death and character statements) but Gaara's sand is able to move at mach 20 (or even more, as some claim), then I guess that would make Sasuke in the retrieval arc considerably over mach 20- which would suggest that Naruto, who was fighting him, must have somehow become over 20 times faster between the Forest of Death and the N vs S fight at the Valley of the End.

Even in the late chunnin exam against Neji, Naruto couldn't lay a hit on the guy before using Kurama's chakra and Neji's most quantifiable speed feat barely puts him at supersonic levels (crossing a few hundred metres in a few seconds to intercept Kidomaru falling out a tree).

The 5-second interval is harder to ignore because it is mentioned repeatedly throughout the Pain invasion and we see multiple people trying and failing to attack Pain during those crucial 5 seconds. Go back and watch his fight with Kakashi, only a handful of attacks are exchanged each time during those 5 seconds. When Choji first tells Tsunade about this 5-sec interval, the anbu with her is shocked at how short an interval it is. When Katsuya (the slug, not sure on spelling) mentions it to Naruto, Pa toad claims that makes genjutsu their best bet.

If they were capable of throwing around attacks of say, mach 50-100, this would not be the case.

I'll admit, the scans I chose made Naruto look pretty slow and there are other ones that better account for their speed, but it's too big a deal to just dismiss like that. I can accept Pain/Sage Naruto as hypersonic but speed for Naruto characters seems to be seriously overhyped.

@gnomishness said:

For a Jonin, a master level Ninja, between Mach: 30-100 seems like a good average. Perhaps it's a bit lower outside of wartime, like Mach: 20-50, due to more lax training methods. Lightning is still incredibly fast for them, but reacting to people who react to it is far from a pipe-dream, and it's far above the Chunin exam candidates and their lower-end hypersonic speeds.

Read above.

FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By FullMetalEmprah

@mcu-defender333: We see Gaara with no sand covering him in one panel and in the next the explosion and the sand, there's no indication that it began moving before that. And the Mach 20+ numbers are for Sasuke and Naruto in their CS and KN forms, not base.

Naruto couldn't lay a hit on Neji because Neji not only could see all around himself with his Byakugan but also was a prodigy with Gentle Fist, it had nothing to do with speed. That Naruto later goes on to fight the same amped Gaara that stomped CS1 Sasuke that was much better than the one that dodged Zaku's blast and is able to keep up. Not to mention that Neji had difficulty reacting to him as soon as he went KN0. He even went FTE to him in a couple instances.

All the fight with Kakashi shows is that they weren't able to do anything against him. The only reason they got as far as they did is because of Kakashi's skill and intelligence. There were only a handful of attacks exchanged because that's how Kakashi fights, he's a cautious fighter, especially against a guy that's not only physically superior but also has Rinnegan powers.

Multiple people attacking him and failing doesn't mean they're slow, it can also mean he's just as fast, if not faster. Not to mention that Pain, based on his behavior and later feats, wasn't trying at all before his fight with Naruto. And I can easily say that Tsunade and the ANBU were likely surprised that despite that interval, nobody could touch the guy.

Yeah, you picked those scans while ignoring the context of the rest of the fight, I'm aware. But you're debating that in the other thread so I'll leave it at that.

So Pa says genjutsu is their best bet yet you accept SM Naruto and Pain at hypersonic? That contradicts your entire argument, Ma and Pa's genjutsu is a sound-based one. That means if Naruto and Pain were capable of fighting at speeds equal to or exceeding Mach 5 that it would be useless and not worth even mentioning since they can't use the environment to hit him with it this time. So him mentioning it should contradict that right? It's sound after all. Yet you also conceded that Part 1 characters have supersonic speed feats, meaning that genjutsu would have difficulty even hitting them possibly. So once again, which is it?

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

supersonic, low tier hypersonic. Depends also who is the jounin ofc.

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Gnomishness

@mcu-defender333:

Neji's most quantifiable speed feat barely puts him at supersonic levels

Neji's most quantifiable speed feat is being undefeated against Rock Lee in Taijutsu.

Neji also has the feat of Dodging Kidomaru's supersonic or above arrows, and forcing Kidomaru to try and force them through his blind-spot so that Neji doesn't simply dodge them.

Neji also has the feat of hitting Naruto at least 32 times within the brief moment he's blown off of his feat.

The Narutoverse doesn't use guns, you realize. They cant just spontaneously grant obvious speed-feats to literally every character.