(SPEED EQUALIZED) MCU Thanos VS DCEU Superman

Posted by imsososorry (748 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: (SPEED EQUALIZED) MCU Thanos VS DCEU Superman (234 votes)

Thanos 60%
Superman 41%

Thanos has the power gem

Speed equalized

No brf

In character

Avatar image for deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4
#1 Posted by deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4 (1106 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes stomps

#2 Posted by imsososorry (748 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Edited by incursion2 (2298 posts) - - Show Bio

Power Gem? And speed equalized? Going with Thanos.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
#4 Posted by plotweapon16255 (7882 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by imsososorry (748 posts) - - Show Bio

@incursion2: I only gave him the power gem because people will say he doesn’t have any feats without it

#6 Posted by incursion2 (2298 posts) - - Show Bio

@incursion2: I only gave him the power gem because people will say he doesn’t have any feats without it

I see gotcha.

#7 Posted by yeimsick (679 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman has better feats so he wins.

#8 Posted by CartoonLife (800 posts) - - Show Bio

Speed was the only argument supes had. Thanos gives him the pimp hand.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bdbf1dc6fdcc
#9 Posted by deactivated-5bdbf1dc6fdcc (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

Another punching bag for Clark

#10 Posted by Xy (963 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see T-money actually hurt Clark. There isn't enough evidence to suggest that he can, while Clark has some impressive durability feats, not to mention freeze breath and heat vision. His physicals are just plain better.

#11 Posted by Archangel01 (2148 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos is not strong enough to hurt clark with mere punches

Avatar image for deactivated-5c60dc252a2af
#12 Posted by deactivated-5c60dc252a2af (5801 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos simply doesn't have enough feats to win here.

#13 Posted by DrPepperMan (6288 posts) - - Show Bio

If he fights like he did with hulk, he wins.

If he uses the stone, he solos the DCEU.

#14 Posted by AsianAntics (788 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman 5.5/10

#15 Posted by Chazzer (915 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos with the power gem doesn't need speed equalization. Kills Supes in minutes.

Infinity Stones mean something.

#16 Posted by Skrskr (3717 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos kills him with the power stone

Avatar image for great_black_star
#17 Posted by great_black_star (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

Not going with speculations, by feat Thanos's strength feat is very unimpressive compare to Supes's.

#18 Edited by Lord_Titan_ (2835 posts) - - Show Bio

@variant06 said:

Supes stomps

No Caption Provided

You guys never change

Even without speed equalised this is a stomp is thanos's favour, should be locked as its been done

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
#19 Posted by plotweapon16255 (7882 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman can potentially one shot Thanos considering that Ironman made him bleed.

#20 Posted by xZone (10412 posts) - - Show Bio

This is basically a mismatch. It's unbelievable how far people will go to say Superman wins.

#21 Edited by Nucleon (3667 posts) - - Show Bio

@drpepperman said:

If he fights like he did with hulk, he wins.

If he uses the stone, he solos the DCEU.

First sane post.

Thanos wins even without speed equalization. And I want some of that stuff Supes fans smoke.

#22 Posted by MethoKi (12575 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:

This is basically a mismatch. It's unbelievable how far people will go to say Superman wins.

What durability feats does he have to suggest he can take hits to the face from Clark outside of him preemptively using a stone to shield himself from having a ship crashing on his head?

#23 Posted by Nucleon (3667 posts) - - Show Bio

Not going with speculations, by feat Thanos's strength feat is very unimpressive compare to Supes's.

Handling the Hulk like that was quite impressive for me. All Supes have over the Hulk is flight and trick vision, not strength or durability, nor reflexes IMO.

#25 Posted by hulkuberstomp (1791 posts) - - Show Bio

If he can use all power of power stone he stomps

If is just h2h superman stomps

#26 Posted by Nucleon (3667 posts) - - Show Bio

@b_r023 said:

Thanos simply doesn't have enough feats to win here.

What, they're going to sit there at a table and compare their feat cards like civilised people do? Exiting. Does the winner get to pick a card out of his opponent's deck?

#27 Edited by xZone (10412 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: Why wouldn't thanos be able to create a shield? Speed is Equalized here

#28 Edited by Mr_Shazam0920 (5351 posts) - - Show Bio

Man. I’ll back Superman in a lot of arguments but speed equalized and with the power stone I can’t back him up here.

Thanos no sold Hulk’s punches (who have been seen as strong or possibly superior to Superman’s punches) and beat the breaks off him in less than 10 seconds. Then on top of that, an infinity stone.

I’m really starting to hate this site.

#29 Posted by MethoKi (12575 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:

@batman242: Why wouldn't thanos be able to create a shield? Speed is Equalized here

That's not what I asked. He very well could make a shield but apparently would not since he could've done so throughout any of the 4 fights he's been in, so it's not his M.O and he's more likely to take the hit or block with his arm, not a shield.

Now, again, what durability feats does Thanos have that suggest he can take a hit to the face from Clark?

#30 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (5351 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: he no sold Hulk’s punches after a surprise bullrush. We all know Hulk’s striking power.

#31 Posted by GateOfBabylon (4719 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes loses to a lot of powerhouses once speed is equalized.

Thanos definitely being one of them. With Power Stone? It's a stomp.

#32 Posted by MethoKi (12575 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: he no sold Hulk’s punches after a surprise bullrush. We all know Hulk’s striking power.

Are you saying Hulk was hitting Thanos with the amount of force he used on, say, the Leviathan?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c60dc252a2af
#33 Posted by deactivated-5c60dc252a2af (5801 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon: Ofc... it's the good guy farm boi Superman. He will act civil as long as Thanos does.

#34 Edited by incursion2 (2298 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos wins. He already stomped Hulk without using the power gem in 10 seconds. With speed equalized, superior skill, and the power gem he should wreck.

Edit: Forgot I already commented on this thread hahaha

#35 Posted by ThunderPrince (7097 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos wins. He already stomped Hulk without using the power gem in 10 seconds. With speed equalized, superior skill, and the power gem he should wreck.

#36 Posted by g2_ (12215 posts) - - Show Bio

The wank is unreal, epic mismatch. Thanos curb stomps.

#37 Posted by Rxdking (1150 posts) - - Show Bio

here before 500 responses

#38 Posted by TricksandToys (470 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos tortured Thor. The same Thor who had the energy resistance to stand up to the full heat to Nidavellir's neutron star. Supes simply doesn't have feats of that high caliber.

Thanos also uberstomped the Hulk without using power gem in less than 20 seconds.

If Thanos fights as ruthless and merciless as he did against the Hulk, he curbstomps.

If Thanos holds back like he did on Titan, Thanos wins but barely.

#39 Posted by Sargeras (1155 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos. He was able to hold a infinity stone without being disintegrated or any negative effects on his skin. .. said specific one he wields is able to wipe out a planet (shown in GOTG 1), after thinking it over honestly thanos could put up a very good fight even without a stone, i'd wager he's capable of holding up to even ego's durability / regen factor

#40 Posted by WhyZoSerious (1886 posts) - - Show Bio

Why speed equalized? Thanos doesn't need that, he is taking it even if the proverbial DCEU speed was on.

#41 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (5351 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: why wouldn’t he be?

Also, what kind of logic is that? Has every single punch Superman thrown the Nam Ek train punch?

#42 Posted by john_doe_0897 (3386 posts) - - Show Bio

It's going to be a slug fest but if powerstone is strong enough to destroy a planet then he should take it with equalized speed here. Supes has shown that going all out he can foddrize the justice league solo. So even without the speed blitz advantage here he can slug it out for a while, but power stone is too much

#43 Posted by Eobard21 (6408 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

#44 Posted by MethoKi (12575 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: why wouldn’t he be?

Also, what kind of logic is that? Has every single punch Superman thrown the Nam Ek train punch?

No, Superman doesn't always hit with that much force, but he's done it more consistently than Hulk has for the Leviathan.

Clark has at least hit with that much force once on Zod and twice on Steppenwolf. Visual evidence proves this.

If you're going to argue that Hulk hits with near to that much force all the time, then you would think the visual evidence on Hulk's clash with HB should be lacking as it only shattered glass and sent people out of their seats. If it was as much force as people propose he hit the Leviathan with and HB is matching that force pound for pound, there'd be a lot more damage done.

There's nothing from any of Hulk's other hits visually that indicate that he replicated that much force again.

#45 Posted by macleen (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman wrecks

#46 Posted by miekskywalker (2483 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos destroys

Superman doesn’t even know how to fight(not like the comic counterpart where he’s trained by batman and karate kid)

Superman relies on his superior strength and speed to beat his opponents however take his speed away from him. And give him an opponent who is strong and can fight then it’s a 100% loss for him.

Wonder Woman isn’t strong herself compared to hulk etc but superman sure did feel her headbutt and with these circumstances he’s gonna feel t-moneys knee to the face.

His durability will help him last a while and like an amateur fighter he will snag some nice hits in but he will ultimately lose.

#47 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (5351 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: I don’t recall him hitting Step with that much force. And the hits with Zod where when they were charging at each other I believe. Superman in one of those huge impacts had gravity as well on his side

IIRC Zod’s uppercut was the most powerful “standing” punch of that fight.

#48 Posted by Shockwiz (179 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos gives Hulk treatment to Supes.

#49 Posted by RisingBean (9836 posts) - - Show Bio

I’m really starting to hate this site.

The quality of the debaters has gone down. I'd say it's hit rock bottom.

Also this is a mismatch. Thanos destroys Superman. He doesn't need the Power Stone to do it, either.

Avatar image for great_black_star
#50 Posted by great_black_star (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon said:
@great_black_star said:

Handling the Hulk like that was quite impressive for me. All Supes have over the Hulk is flight and trick vision, not strength or durability, nor reflexes IMO.

Not really, Supes have much better strength and durability feats compare to Hulk. Along with speed and other tricks.