Spectrum vs Invisible Woman

• 118 results
ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Monica Rambeau Spectrum, AKA Captain Marvel 2, aka Photon,make so on, whom remembers all?

No Caption Provided

Susan Storm, Invisible Woman, formerly Invisible Girl

No Caption Provided

In character, no prep, fight in the blue area of the moon, Vic by any mean

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Afaik spectrum easily

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Spectrum wins.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Vertigo-

that scan makes Monica look so edgy, all swearing and whatnot.

OT: Not sure what Sue's reaction time is like

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackestnight93: not fast enough to dodge anything from the EM Spectrum Monica has. IW is at best massively hypersonic with some feats I've seen but I don't know if they're consistent tho.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spectrum

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monica has always been pretty feisty to be honest. Sue doesn't have the speed feats to even see Monica.

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She allegedly once displayed light speed reaction time, but lightning aren't light speed and I'm sure it was further than what the other guy believed, hence I say peak human

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AbelHsu

Spectrum.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spectrum stomps

Novawing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monica by a landslide

imquentin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am actually confused here. If Monica is pure energy and can't be physically destroyed, even if she stands still and do nothing, can Invisible woman hurt her?

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How fast can Monica shift into her energy forms consistently? How durable is Monica in her energy forms?

Monica can only win if she can shift into an energy form that's fast enough and blitz Sue otherwise Sue can just contain and compress any energy Monica shift into.

Josh983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monica stomps.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blitzes

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Scarlet_Wiccan
@josh983 said:

Monica stomps.

@del_torro said:

Blitzes

How? Sue can oneshot Monica before she can turn into her light form since the OP doesn't say she starts in her light form plus she's never getting through Sue's force field

SonOfMadara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SonOfMadara

@scarlet_wiccan: why would you assume Sue can one shot before Monica can think? Both their abilities work off thought, Sue doesn't have feats to say she has a faster thought process than someone who can perceive things in light speed.

SonOfMadara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monica can turn intangible, invisible, shrink into a persons eyes and blast their brain, and not to mention operate at light speed. She quite easily stomps this. She's overpowered.

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Scarlet_Wiccan
@sonofmadara said:

@scarlet_wiccan: why would you assume Sue can one shot before Monica can think? Both their abilities work off thought, Sue doesn't have feats to say she has a faster thought process than someone who can perceive things in light speed.

Do you have scans of Monica perceiving light in her human form? Because IIRC Monica takes on the properties of the energy she turns into so if she's in her light form she can perceive light.

Monica can turn intangible, invisible, shrink into a persons eyes and blast their brain, and not to mention operate at light speed. She quite easily stomps this. She's overpowered.

I'm well aware of Monica's capabilities but how is she getting past Sue's force field that blocks virtually all forms of energy?

SonOfMadara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarlet_wiccan: you first have to show me why I even need to provide scans for that when Sue doesn't have any feats to warrant you thinking she can one shot before Monica forms a single thought process.

Unless you're telling me Sue will stay in her defensive bubble for a stalemate she'll eventually drop her shield to go on the offense and will proceed to get stomped.

Not to mention you have to explain to me why she won't get blitzed before she can even protect herself.

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sonofmadara:

you first have to show me why I even need to provide scans for that when Sue doesn't have any feats to warrant you thinking she can one shot before Monica forms a single thought process.

Sue can instinctively activate her powers, instinctive means faster than a conscious thought...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Sue Instinctively shields herself from laser fire that the rest of the Fantastic Four were unable to react to. (X-Men (1963) Annual #5)

No Caption Provided

Sue instinctively puts up a force field before Quicksilver can reach her. The narrator states that it's as instinctive as drawing a breath for Sue to put up her force field. Fantastic Four (1961) #240)

No Caption Provided

Sue instinctively covers her body with a force field while simultaneously making her casual clothes invisible and her uniform underneath visible. (Fantastic Four (1961) #259)

No Caption Provided

Sue instinctively surrounds herself with a force field at the sound of a man's voice behind her. (Fantastic Four (1961) #287)

No Caption Provided

Sue instinctively hurls a barrage of force daggers. (Fantastic Four (1961) #378)

No Caption Provided

Sue instinctively knocks back a group of inhumans with a blast of force. (Fantastic Four (1961) #401)

No Caption Provided

Sue instinctively tries to surround Mister Fantastic with a force field. (Fantastic Four (1961) #412)

Sue instinctively puts up a force field at the sound of gunfire. (Fantastic Four (1998) #33)

No Caption Provided

Sue instinctively puts up her force field to shield herself from symbiotes. (Fantastic Four (2018) #29)

Unless you're telling me Sue will stay in her defensive bubble for a stalemate she'll eventually drop her shield to go on the offense and will proceed to get stomped

You do realize Sue can create multiple force fields at a time? And she can defend and attack at the same time.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

As for stamina, Sue has shielded an Atlantean city at the bottom of the ocean from constant bombardment for more than an entire day and after that she could still casually floor Namor with a punch...

Not to mention you have to explain to me why she won't get blitzed before she can even protect herself.

Monica has to consciously shift into her light form to attack whereas Sue can instinctively protect herself before she can even think about it.

SonOfMadara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarlet_wiccan: I'll get back to you when I have time with a scan showing Monica's human form actually isn't her base form. She has to consciously turn into human form. Her base form is light. I think that scan alone will put all this to bed.

I just have to find the scan, it's in the Ultimates comics so I'll have to read through it again.

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarlet_wiccan: I'll get back to you when I have time with a scan showing Monica's human form actually isn't her base form. She has to consciously turn into human form. Her base form is light. I think that scan alone will put all this to bed.

I just have to find the scan, it's in the Ultimates comics so I'll have to read through it again.

I think you're referring to Monica's amp...

She was turned into living energy (1) losing connection with her humanity increasing her limts to her abilities however six years later in Avengers No Road Home #10 she gained her humanity back reverting her back to her base power levels. (2)

They did her dirty by giving her an amp for six years and just casually remove it, Hopefully she gets some great feats in her solo next year because she's really underrated and should be pushed more by Marvel instead of some female characters that I shall not name, lol

Josh983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SonOfMadara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarlet_wiccan: I'm not talking about that amp, I'll show you the scan when I find it.

Also, you saying Sue instinctively uses her shield is something she does defensively when she's in danger. For that to happen Monica will have to pose a threat and be in her light form. She isn't instinctively attacking a harmless human, she will have to conscientiously think of that.

Whether Monica's base is light form or she has to turn into it. Sue isn't one shotting her before she can turn due to the reasons stated. She'll have to fight her in her light form operating at light speed.

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Scarlet_Wiccan
@sonofmadara said:

@scarlet_wiccan: I'm not talking about that amp, I'll show you the scan when I find it.

Also, you saying Sue instinctively uses her shield is something she does defensively when she's in danger. For that to happen Monica will have to pose a threat and be in her light form. She isn't instinctively attacking a harmless human, she will have to conscientiously think of that.

Whether Monica's base is light form or she has to turn into it. Sue isn't one shotting her before she can turn due to the reasons stated. She'll have to fight her in her light form operating at light speed.

Well Ultimates happened during the time she had the amp, She was amped from 2013 to 2019 and Ultimates was published 2016

Sue knows who Monica is since they worked together multiple times and Sue is aware this is a battle going into this battle so obviously she'll have a shield active.

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can’t Monica just do what she did to green lantern since sue does uses cosmic energy?

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@josh983 said:

@scarlet_wiccan: First, you mind to tell me if Sue's FF can be absorbed?

Sue allowed Bishop to absorb her force field's kinetic energy in the 90's but recently in X/4 (2020) when Sue trapped Bishop in a force field he was powerless.

Sue has defeated Absorbing Man, suffocated Red Hulk, trapped Carol Danvers and Monica in force fields among other examples of characters that can absorb energy and were aware of her force fields and were still helpless against Sue's force fields.

Nothing suggests Monica can absorb energy from a higher plane of existence in Hyperspace that's known to have unique properties compared to other energy forms especially considering Sue's force fields' energy is invisible even to Sue that can see invisible stuff and can make invisible stuff visible.

We also know Monica has had trouble dealing with certain exotic energy forms and force fields like Darkforce and Sue's force fields'energy is as exotic as they come.

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Scarlet_Wiccan
@kasya_carey said:

Can’t Monica just do what she did to green lantern since sue does uses cosmic energy?

No Caption Provided

Hyperstorm who uses the same energy Sue does said the power cosmic is amateur night compared to his power which means there are different types of cosmic energy for example the energy he uses is different from the power cosmic

SonOfMadara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SonOfMadara

@scarlet_wiccan: fair enough on the base energy form point.

Susan might have shield active but she won't instinctively one shot like you applied earlier.

And no way is she effectively targeting a light speed opponent. The best thing she can hope for is a stalemate.

Not to mention Monica can planet bust if she goes fast enough, Sue will have a hard time defending herself from hard light.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

The issue with assuming Spectrum is consistently LS is that she isn't. There are multiple instances of her being in action and getting tagged by individuals significantly below her paygrade. Sure she CAN move at those speeds, but for a regular morals on scrap, I'm not really convinced she's going to immediately go into ludicrous tiers of potency all at once.

What's likely is that Spectrum rushes in, Sue gets a shield up and then quickly restrains her before any counter-offence can be created.

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarlet_wiccan: fair enough on the base energy form point.

Susan might have shield active but she won't instinctively one shot like you applied earlier.

And no way is she effectively targeting a light speed opponent. The best thing she can hope for is a stalemate.

Not to mention Monica can planet bust if she goes fast enough, Sue will have a hard time defending herself from hard light.

Monica's planet busting statement was also while she was amped (2015) and even if it wasn't, normally if a character has only one feat way above their other feats it's be considered an outlier, Like Sue's force field blocking blasts from multiple Celestials at the same time, temporarily withstanding an incursion aka two universes colliding, ect.

Sue's force field have consistently tanked attacks from people way above Monica like Thor, Silver Surfer, Annihilus, Kismet, ect. and that's when I'm ignoring her high-ends so I can comfortably say she won't be much of an issue for Sue's force field.

I can agree on a stalemate since Sue's force field is too durability for Monica and Monica is too fast for Sue

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By geekryan

The issue with assuming Spectrum is consistently LS is that she isn't. There are multiple instances of her being in action and getting tagged by individuals significantly below her paygrade. Sure she CAN move at those speeds, but for a regular morals on scrap, I'm not really convinced she's going to immediately go into ludicrous tiers of potency all at once.

What's likely is that Spectrum rushes in, Sue gets a shield up and then quickly restrains her before any counter-offence can be created.

Agreed.

Bloodlusted Spectrum would have a much better chance at winning

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who are these people? Can you name them...

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:

Can you assume a 100% success rate concurrently?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Mooty_Pass
@professorrespect said:
@mooty_pass said:
@professorrespect said:

That doesn't exactly answer my question. But can you name them?

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:
@mooty_pass said:
@professorrespect said:

That doesn't exactly answer my question. But can you name them?

Can you answer mine? My one has significantly more importance than name-dropping, which let's just face it: it's not going to sit well regardless.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@professorrespect: I will not answer it until you answer mine. I don’t see how your question is more important.

I don’t really care about it not sitting well. I’m just asking for my own interest and curiosity on who these people are.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ProfessorRespect  Online
@mooty_pass said:

@professorrespect: No, because your answering a question with a question. And you’re dodging a simple question

So you aren't even trying to engage with logic and are instead going for "well tell me muh names" instead? Seems a tad-focused on standardisation instead of setting a average rate of consistency first, no?

You said she has been tagged by people under her pay grade

Zola, Iron Man, Dynamo, Maelstrom, Galactus, Klaw, Kang, Moonstone couldn't outpace Genis when it came to defence, etc etc etc

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zola, Iron Man, Dynamo, Maelstrom, Galactus, Klaw, Kang, Moonstone couldn't outpace Genis when it came to defence, etc etc etc

Thank You. That's all I wanted.

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hasn‘t Galactus tagged ppl in her speed tier? Ironman speed tiering ranges.. Moonstone should be close to her speed tier. Klaw is the one where the writer made him thinking at the speed sound be on par with Dazzler speed of light matching attacks?? 💀💀

CosmiComic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spectrum should win. Invisible Woman doesn't have all the powers Spectrum does

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hasn‘t Galactus tagged ppl in her speed tier? Ironman speed tiering ranges.. Moonstone should be close to her speed tier. Klaw is the one where the writer made him thinking at the speed sound be on par with Dazzler speed of light matching attacks?? 💀💀

What exactly are you saying from all of these loose points?

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya_carey said:

Exactly what I stated? So

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:
@kasya_carey said:

So what, exactly? What point are you generally trying to make from all of these loose points?

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya_carey said:
@professorrespect said:
@kasya_carey said:

So what, exactly? What point are you generally trying to make from all of these loose points?

My point is exactly what I stated when I commented on the thread for your points for “consistently” for a character who’s been here more than 40+ years but only a few ppl named but sigh I guess

anything else?

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ProfessorRespect  Online
@kasya_carey said:
@professorrespect said:
@kasya_carey said:
@professorrespect said:
@kasya_carey said:

My point is exactly what I stated when I commented on the thread for your points for “consistently” for a character

Are you saying my points are inconsistent then? If so, why not just tag and say that?

who’s been here more than 40+ years

This is a pretty basic fallacy wherein for some reason because a character is old means they don't have a defined consistency to speak of because of said age. I don't really see the point of this: if we were to apply that standardised, virtually all comic characters would be invalid.

but only a few ppl named but sigh I guess

How many is enough? I don't see how I need to quote dozens of people when even that by the standards of a 40+ year old character would still seem rather small by those standards.

a

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spectrum should win. Invisible Woman doesn't have all the powers Spectrum does

Well Spectrum doesn't have all the powers Invisible Woman has. Spectrum is more versatile but Invisible Woman's force field can cancel everything Spectrum can do, Sometimes quality is more important than quantity.

CosmiComic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers