Specialized Benders vs AS Korra (SUPER MASSIVE BATTLE)

• 67 results
Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@aystarr said:
@indomitableregal said:
@aystarr said:

@indomitableregal:I would've said you're entitled to your opinion but you're just plain wrong here, it has been stated that one of the only ways to end bb is the avatar state. I don't know where you're getting that conclusion from.

I asked for a statement 22 hours ago. So if there's a definitive statement that says Avatar State actually cancels, nullifies, negates, etc. the properties of bloodbending as opposed to being an overwhelming amount of power or energy that a bloodbender won't overcome, feel free to point me in that direction.

Apart from it literally being shown in LOK.

Here's from the wiki.
Here's from the wiki.

Here's what happened in LoK. Yakone used bloodbending on the whole courtroom, then dipped. Aang used AS to break out, then pursued him. Catches up, wrecks the carriage, waits. Yakone comes out and starts contorting him. Just when Aang's about to go full Twizzler, he enters AS and there's a visible release in power. Then he immediately -- without Yakone ever getting another chance to bloodbend -- captures Yakone with earthbending and gives him the Ozai treatment.

As far as the above screenshot, I appreciate it since that's what I asked for, though I don't know if I should take it with a grain of salt since it's from the wiki. Regardless, "Bloodbending is also nullified when the Avatar channels immense amounts of cosmic energy through the Avatar State..." Isn't that basically what I've been saying? That it's due to overwhelming energy?

NoQualms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm backing the team there's so many of them and fighting the red lotus by it self was no easy feat for her.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By byondeon
@aystarr said:
@indomitableregal said:
@aystarr said:

@indomitableregal:I would've said you're entitled to your opinion but you're just plain wrong here, it has been stated that one of the only ways to end bb is the avatar state. I don't know where you're getting that conclusion from.

I asked for a statement 22 hours ago. So if there's a definitive statement that says Avatar State actually cancels, nullifies, negates, etc. the properties of bloodbending as opposed to being an overwhelming amount of power or energy that a bloodbender won't overcome, feel free to point me in that direction.

Here's from the wiki.
Here's from the wiki.

Here's what happened in LoK. Yakone used bloodbending on the whole courtroom, then dipped. Aang used AS to break out, then pursued him. Catches up, wrecks the carriage, waits. Yakone comes out and starts contorting him. Just when Aang's about to go full Twizzler, he enters AS and there's a visible release in power. Then he immediately -- without Yakone ever getting another chance to bloodbend -- captures Yakone with earthbending and gives him the Ozai treatment.

As far as the above screenshot, I appreciate it since that's what I asked for, though I don't know if I should take it with a grain of salt since it's from the wiki. Regardless, "Bloodbending is also nullified when the Avatar channels immense amounts of cosmic energy through the Avatar State..." Isn't that basically what I've been saying? That it's due to overwhelming energy?

And Yakkone can use psychic bloodbending, so your point on him being captured would prove what exactly?

Also, AS DID resist bloodbending. However I don't see the point of mentioning Aang considering that Korra can resist bloodbending, not to mention that AS negate it completely..

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:
@indomitableregal said:
@aystarr said:
@indomitableregal said:
@aystarr said:

Here's from the wiki.
Here's from the wiki.

And Yakkone can use psychic bloodbending, so your point on him being captured would prove what exactly?

You missed my point.

Also, AS DID resist bloodbending.

AS broke bloodbending. That's establish and not being argued.

However I don't see the point of mentioning Aang

Aang is the only instance of AS vs bloodbending.

considering that Korra can resist bloodbending,

Yes. We saw. Amon got knocked around, tried to recover and bloodbend Korra, but she resisted.

not to mention that AS negate it completely..

You're moving backwards.

No thank you. I decline. Not interested.

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Redshift_Bacon

@byondeon:

1. Avatar State being immune to Bloodbending could be from Past Avatars knowing and/or encountering Bloodbending before.

2. Korra resisting Bloodbending is literally just Plot Armor, plus she was still ragdolled by both Tarrlok and Amon anyways, and the only real “resistance” she showed to it was at a point where Amon was pretty sure she could Bend at all, therefor he wasnt really trying to prevent her from Bending.

3. I agree that Post-Convergence AS Korra is Stronger, in terms of Raw power, than Pre-Convergence, but losing the past lives means that her Avatar State also lost literally thousands of years of experience. Meaning, she could have lost the Avatar States ability to resist Bloodbending, but we will never know for sure.

TheBooyZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon:

1. Avatar State being immune to Bloodbending could be from Past Avatars knowing and/or encountering Bloodbending before.

While, yes, I am fond of the idea of there being more than like 3 Bloodbenders, that idea is too speculative. Sorry.

2. Korra resisting Bloodbending is literally just Plot Armor, plus she was still ragdolled by both Tarrlok and Amon anyways, and the only real “resistance” she showed to it was at a point where Amon was pretty sure she could Bend at all, therefor he wasnt really trying to prevent her from Bending.

Plot armor; maybe. As i've said quite recently, Korra is the same baddie whos spirit alone was able to defeat a Dark Giant Avatar. Yes jinora helped her but still.

3. I agree that Post-Convergence AS Korra is Stronger, in terms of Raw power, than Pre-Convergence, but losing the past lives means that her Avatar State also lost literally thousands of years of experience. Meaning, she could have lost the Avatar States ability to resist Bloodbending, but we will never know for sure.

Actually, the AS was more or less retconned (I couldn't think of a different word, retkon is too much imo). Instead of it being mostly the past lives and the spiritual ability to conjure immense cosmic energy, the AS is also power from Raava.

But good thoughts overall.

TheBooyZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By TheBooyZz

Depending on where the fight takes place, I could see Korra. If Korra can get to the top of a building in time she can wreak havoc with her airbending; If she starts in the ocean/bay she could use her accuracy to shoot water jets, freezing some of these people; If she's just out in the open then she might be able to kill some off with a big bolder or an airsweep. Though it is worth mentioning that most of these people aren't exactly pushovers, and it'll likely take more than oneshot (get it heheh ;o;) to kill them.

I know that people aren't exactly fond of using VG feats but...I mean why not, who's it gonna hurt?

Korra was weaving right thru the electrical projectiles (or whatever they're called), even producing after-images..Do y'all really think lightning is gonna do something??

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redshift_bacon said:

@byondeon:

While, yes, I am fond of the idea of there being more than like 3 Bloodbenders, that idea is too speculative. Sorry.

Plot armor; maybe. As i've said quite recently, Korra is the same baddie whos spirit alone was able to defeat a Dark Giant Avatar. Yes jinora helped her but still.

Actually, the AS was more or less retconned (I couldn't think of a different word, retkon is too much imo). Instead of it being mostly the past lives and the spiritual ability to conjure immense cosmic energy, the AS is also power from Raava.

But good thoughts overall.

1: While that might be possible, we don't know. There might have been other bloodbenders, if the creators decide to add it in a comic/novel/cartoon later.. However for now, canonically there are only 5 bloodbenders so far and only 3 that can bloodbend without a full moon.

2: Korra resisting plot armor is less plot armor than Katara doing it and less plot armor than Yakkone and Amon knowing psychic bloodbending.. But whatever.

3: So I wouldn't say that. All Avatar's power comes from Raava, including the AS. And for the original reply to me, her raw power increased after convergence. And while I kinda agree she doesn't have the knowledge of the past Avatar's, that knowledge still exist in the Tree of Time (is that the name) so she still kinda has them. Not to mention that she have more knowledge in her friends and family than in the past lives. The past lives are actually the most redundant shit in the Avatar franchise..

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depending on where the fight takes place, I could see Korra. If Korra can get to the top of a building in time she can wreak havoc with her airbending; If she starts in the ocean/bay she could use her accuracy to shoot water jets, freezing some of these people; If she's just out in the open then she might be able to kill some off with a big bolder or an airsweep. Though it is worth mentioning that most of these people aren't exactly pushovers, and it'll likely take more than oneshot (get it heheh ;o;) to kill them.

I know that people aren't exactly fond of using VG feats but...I mean why not, who's it gonna hurt?

Korra was weaving right thru the electrical projectiles (or whatever they're called), even producing after-images..Do y'all really think lightning is gonna do something??

Here's the thing, Video Game is canon to LoK so technically you SHOULD be able to use them. I don't know if you would count Gameplay or just the cut scenes as canon but still canon and SHOULD be used if you go by canon. It's up to @cocacolaman to decide though.

Korra's airsweep would make away with almost all of these characters and she can kill the rest in a one-shot.. :D Then take out the rest with another one-shot :D

TheBooyZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:
@thebooyzz said:

Here's the thing, Video Game is canon to LoK so technically you SHOULD be able to use them. I don't know if you would count Gameplay or just the cut scenes as canon but still canon and SHOULD be used if you go by canon. It's up to @cocacolaman to decide though.

Thats also another thing. Its not just regular gameplay, it was part of the game's story. She had to use airbending speed to...unlock airbending (something like that).

Korra's airsweep would make away with almost all of these characters and she can kill the rest in a one-shot.. :D Then take out the rest with another one-shot :D

I wouldn't say all with a singular airsweep but maybe a good portion.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:
@thebooyzz said:

Thats also another thing. Its not just regular gameplay, it was part of the game's story. She had to use airbending speed to...unlock airbending (something like that).

I wouldn't say all with a singular airsweep but maybe a good portion.

1: Well, it's up to @cocacolaman to decide if game feats are allowed here or not. Even if they aren't, at least the feats she has from the game is canon.

2: I said ALMOST all, not all. The ones that isn't swept away would be the fire jet users and Zaheer and they are fodder to Korra..

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 cocacolaman  Moderator

@thebooyzz: @byondeon: Didn’t Korra gain super strength in the game? I never played it.

If game feats don’t give her anything she couldn’t plausibly do in the show or comics, I’ll allow it.

TheBooyZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebooyzz: Didn’t Korra gain super strength in the game? I never played it.

If game feats don’t give her anything she couldn’t plausibly do in the show or comics, I’ll allow it.

That depends on what you would find as plausible I suppose. Most people are reluctant to believe that Avatarverse characters can go anything over 30 mph. I personally find the feats plausible because in AS she can use airbending to boost her running speed-just like in the game. Like byondeon said, its your choice...

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 cocacolaman  Moderator

@thebooyzz: Have you got a link to some game feats? That might help me see what Korra can do in there.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebooyzz: @cocacolaman:I found a walk-through.. Not sure if you have the time or patience to watch the Two and a Half hour gameplay..

Loading Video...

Haven't watched myself but seems like the game. he/she/they were referring to..

TheBooyZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:

@thebooyzz: :I found a walk-through.. Not sure if you have the time or patience to watch the Two and a Half hour gameplay..

Loading Video...

Haven't watched myself but seems like the game. he/she/they were referring to..

This is the right one

@thebooyzz: Have you got a link to some game feats? That might help me see what Korra can do in there.

Ok, so to make a long story short, here:

Loading Video...

Skip towards the last 8-10 minutes (i think), for the speed feat I was talking about, she actually dodges lightning attacks frequently throughout the entire game, even creating after-images.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 cocacolaman  Moderator

Bump