DaGit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Summary

Five Spartan IVs are chosen to undergo a 'trial' of sorts against various 'squads' of enemies from other sci-fi, the size of the enemy varying depending on what I feel makes it a more interesting fight. The Spartans are given UNSC gear. Not covenant or forerunner, but their own homegrown gear.

This Gauntlet is not in any particular order. This is not 'how far', so much as which of these enemy 'squads' that you think the Spartan's could triumph against and how difficult or easy of a time you believe they would have doing it. Extra cookies to those who can spare the time to give detailed thoughts on the rounds.

The Spartans IVs

• One Spartan with a SRS99-S5 Anti-Material Rifle
  • One Spartan with a M245H HMG
  • One Spartan with a MA5D Assault Rifle and a Spartan Laser
  • One Spartan with a M739 LMG
  • One Spartan with a M45 Shotgun and M41 Rocket Launcher
  • Each Spartan has two M9 HEDP Grenades

No Caption Provided

Deserted Goodneighbor. Spartans will start near Daisy's Discounts while the other team will start near the Third Rail bar. (There is not a single fallout-universe weapon laying around for looting or scavenging purposes).

Da Rules

1. No Prep for any side
  2. No prior knowledge for any side, just the 'general area' of where the other is.
  3. Spartans are 'reborn' each round with their supplies and no knowledge or skills gained from the previous round are carried over. Which means, no, they cannot scavenge better weapons to bring to the next round with them, they are, however, free to scavenge and make use of other weaponry while in the round if such an opportunity presents itself.
  4. Each side is IC, therefor, they are not blood lusted. Morale is a thing.
  5. Round is only over when one side has either killed or forced the other to flee the battlefield.

The Rounds

Round One: The Chimera

No Caption Provided

• One Ravager Primarch with a Brute Minigun
  • Four Advanced Hybrids with Bullseye Mark II and two Hedgehog Grenades each.
  • Five Steelheads with Auger Mark II and two Hedgehog Grenades each.
  • Ten Hybrid Mark IIIs armed with Bullseye Mark Is and two Hedgehog Grenades each.

Round Two: The Locust

No Caption Provided

• One Armored Kantus armed with a Gorgon Submachine Gun and two bolo grenades
  • Two Boomers, one armed with a Mulcher the other with a Boomshot Grenade Launcher
  • Five Theron Guard armed with Hamberburst II Assault Rifles, one has a Torgue Bow, each has two bolo grenades each
  • Five Grenadier Elite armed with Gnasher Shotguns and two bolo grenades each
  • 15 Drones armed with Hammerburst IIs and each has two bolo grenades

Round Three: The Wolfenstein Nazis

No Caption Provided

• One Kommandant armed with an 1960 Assault Rifle and has two Tesla Grenades
  • Three Supersoldaten armed with MG-60s
  • Five Raketensoldaten armed with 1960 Assault Rifles, have two Tesla Greandes each
  • Ten Weltraumsoldaten armed with AR Marksman and two Tesla Grenades each
  • Twenty Soldats armed with 194 Assault Rifles

Round Four: The Brotherhood of Steel

No Caption Provided

• Three Brotherhood Paladins in T-60 power armor, one has a CZ57 Avenger Minigun, one has a Gatling Laser and one has a Gauss Rifle.
  • Five Brotherhood Knights in T-51 power armor armed with AER9 laser rifles and each has two plasma grenades.
  • Ten Brotherhood Initiates in Recon Armor armed with R91 Assault Rifles and each has has two frag grenades each.

Round Five: The Terrans

No Caption Provided

• One Terran Marauder armed with their dual Quad K12 Grenade Launchers
  • Three Terran Firebats armed with their Perdition Flamethrower
  • Five Terran Marines armed with C-14 rifles, each has a single dose of stimpack

Round Six: The Imperial Guard (Death Korps)

No Caption Provided

• One Tempestor Prime armed with Plasma Pistol, Power Sword, two Frag Grenades and one Krak Grenade.
  • Four Tempestus Scions armed with Hotshot Lasguns, one has a Hotshot Volley Gun, each has two Frag Grenades and one Krak Grenade.
  • Five Grenadiers armed with Lasguns, one has a Plasma Gun, each has two Frag Grenades
  • Ten Guardsmen armed with lasguns, one has a Grenade Launcher (Krak and Flag), each has two Frag Grenades

Round Seven: The System's Alliance

No Caption Provided

• One N7 Destroyer armed with an M-76 Revenant and two grenades
  • One N7 Slayer armed with an N7 Piranha and two grenades
  • One N7 Fury armed with a M-37 Falcon, Scorpion Pistol and two grenades
  • Seventeen SA Marines armed with M-8 Avengers, two Marines have ML-77 Missle Launchers, each have two grenades

Round Eight: Adeptus Astartes

No Caption Provided

• Three Imperial Fist Sternguard armed with their bolters with special ammunition, two frag grenades each, a krak grenade each and combat 'knives'.

Round Nine: Galactic Empire Stormtroopers

No Caption Provided

• One Phase III Dark Trooper armed with their assault cannon, dual shoulder-mounted seeker missile launcher racks, two frag, thermal and concussion grenades.
  • One Imperial Scout Trooper armed with an E-11s Sniper Rifle, one R-4 Recon Droid and a thermal detonator.
  • Three Imperial Shock Troopers armed with MiniMag PTL Missile Launchers and SE-14r blasters, each has a thermal detonator
  • Five Storm Commandos armed with E-11 blasters, one has a Light Repeating Blaster, they all have two concussion grenades and one thermal detonator apiece.
  • Ten Stormtroopers armed with E-11 blasters and each has a thermal detonator.

Round Ten: The Tau

No Caption Provided

• Five Tau Pathfinders armed with Pulse Carbines with Photo Grenade Launcher and Markerlights. One has a Rail Rifle.
  • Five Tau Breachers armed with Pulse Blasters and two Photon Grenades each.
  • Ten Fire Warriors armed with Pulse Rifles and two Pulse Grenades each.

Round Eleven: Eldar Aspect Warriors

No Caption Provided

• One Dire Avenger armed with a Avenger Shuriken Catapult and two Plasma Grenades.
  • One Warp Spider armed with a Death Spinner.
  • One Dark Reaper armed with a Reaper Launcher
  • One Swooping Hawk armed with a Lasblaster and Grenade Packs.
  • One Fire Dragon armed with a Fusion Gun and a Melta Bomb.

Round Twelve: C&C Commandos

No Caption Provided

• One GDI Commando armed with his Rail Carbine and two Detonation Packs
  • One Nod Commando armed with her Dual Laster Pistols and two Detonation Packs
  • Jarmen Kell armed with his Dragunov, KSVK rifle and two Detonation Packs
  • Izumi armed with her psychic power
  • Natasha armed with her Korshunov SV rifle, may call in a single air-strike.

Recap

Which rounds can the Spartan's win the majority in? Which rounds do they lose? Which rounds are the hardest and the easiest?

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They win

Death Korps

Storm troopers

Systems alliance

Nazis

They lose to the rest

However do they have armor abilities or no?

DaGit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: For armor abilities, you can give each an armor ability that you feel would help them out the most each round.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagit: okay well if I was to do that they'd clear prolly on the locust, chimera, GDI and Tau.

Possibly eldar and space marines as well

DaGit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: You feel they make that much of a difference? I never have. Most of them are more gimmicks. Feel like the only real useful ones are jet pack and regeneration field. Camo would be more useful if it didn't dissipate so fast.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagit: well there's also invulnerability as well Xd that's what I'm thinking is gonna help most

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was gonna say they clear, but then I noticed that they are only nameless spartan 4s...

DaGit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Armor lock has serious weakness like requires them to stay completely still making them a obvious target, EMPs won't effect most of the people they are fighting against and they are likely dead the second it ends because it is more of a last ditch effort to survive thing. Also can only take so much damage as NLFs aren't allowed. A spartan using his armor lock in front of, say, the Fire Dragon is in for a bad day.

I think the most annoying thing to fight would be a Spartan behind cover using the regeneration to bolster their staying power.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was referring to using one as bait and so on he tanks some fire as the rest gang up and so on

DaGit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: That kinda requires incompetence from the other side, no? Too stop watching the angles and instead fire on the nearest one who isn't doing anything? Also... that won't work against some, like, say the IG who have a plasma gun so will zap the spartan that does so before any damage is done.

Feel like the best make-up would be:

Sniper Spartan - Jet Pack. Lets them quickly move around the city to find better spots and to keep on the move.

HMG Spartan - Regeneration. Dig in and be a pain to dislodge.

LMG Spartan - Regeneration. Dig in and be a pain to dislodge.

Anti-Tank Spartan - Jet Pack. Quickly move around the city to find better spots and vantage point because holding a giant laser point is a dead give away otherwise.

Shotgun Spartan - Either Jet Pack or Camo

@phillip33: Yes, there is not a single named character in this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagit: but you forget half these forces are incompetent it's why I gave them the W over some of the ones they couldn't really lose to haha. I feel they might beat the eldar but prolly not same with tau and ofc SM haha

DaGit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Mm, only ones I feel are incompetent are the Nazi's and maybe the Stormtroopers if we make them purely Disney (Dark Troopers phase III make them legends though).

Really? Huh, I used restraint on the Eldar and SM because they are stronger, didn't really consider the Tau in that same tiering. :P But, you know, that is the point of these things, to see the ideas of others.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They aren't beating any of the 40k teams except for the Death Korps. I can tell you that much. Im almost willing to say that some of the Aspect Warriors could solo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagit: well yay have firepower but god help them if the Spartans get in close it would be a slaughter which I could see the Spartans might be able to do that. The thing about Spartan IV fodder is unlike Spartan IIIs they are only people the unsc pulls which can vary from heavily trained ONI agents to ODSTs or vet marines regardless none of them are on the same level as Spartan IIs and Spartan IIIs they are almost fearless to a certain extent. Imo the best Spartan fours are basically fire team orisis for obvious reasons

Also true grubs and chimera are naturally good killers. But even they have their yard movements and let's not forget te "fuck yeah humanity!" That seems to fit most unsc victories over their foes lol

DaGit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DaGit

@killerwasp: Sure, but that is true for a lot of the people the Spartan's are going against. But at least the Eldar are incredibly fast and so, you know, catching them is difficult especially when one is a Swooping Hawk and the other is a Warp Spider.

True. Chimera building their ships so close and integral that you can chain blow them up wasn't the best idea ever... The Locust opening a two front war was also not the best idea ever... But everyone has bad ideas (Like the human wave tactics of the IG).

Some of the people they are fighting are humanity. :p

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: What do you think about the Aspect Warrior round? Im thinking unholy god stomp tbh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: well the way I see it eldar are cocky, and because they are cocky they might lose cause you know plot Xd

@dagit: yeah but to be fair the locust has a legit reason cause they were losing their own war and technically should of stomped but you know... lasers lasers everywhere haha Xd

The chimera yeah... ape move but they thought those guns were down silly chimera Xd

Also some of those humans are bad guys, and bad guys never win! Huehue

DaGit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Yeah, but... come on. Losing the war so you open up another entire front before even getting rid of their lazersss of doom?

No excuse!

If I wasn't so lazy, I would take a picture of an Elite holding a sword and quote Anakin with the 'From my point of view the Spartans are evil!' But too lazy for that nonsense.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagit: true but they were losing that war to begin with so not much they can do haha it wasn't like they weren't like Hitler in openin another front cause they were bored Xd

Ik chimera were apes in that ahaha Xd

Actually that should be a new meme tbh LOL!

Army2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are the tau above the strenguard when even normal​ Marines wreck entire armies solo. Also I wouldn't put the death korps so high on the list because they are still just base level humans and shouldn't even be able to hit a Spartan.

DaGit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@army2442:

This Gauntlet is not in any particular order.

^ Was in the OP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagit: what's your personal in take on this which ones you think the Spartans clear and don't? Also no terms or Ceph or even..... ready for it... starship troopers?! Huehuehue

DaGit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Didn't want to put too many other factions here else no one answer because people don't like to read.... which is weird considering what this site is.

Nah, if I post people will either just copy mine or what not rather then giving it even the barest level of conscious thought.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagit: eh fair enough and yes Ik I love big battles and complex stuff. If you ever get the chance you could look up jwwprods battles they aren't over the top but they are still big