Spartan vs Viking

Lost_Rellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Lost_Rellik

I got inspired by Deadliest warrior for this one and I always wanted to see these two go at it.

-Takes place in the Roman Colisseum
-Win only comes through the death of the other opponent
-Warrior only has the weapons at his disposal
-Its just one on one.....so like Leonidas vs Erik the Red

Viking:
-Chain Mail armor with regular leather coverings over it
-Regular battle helmet
-Wood Shield
-Two Spears
--Great Axe

Spartan:
-Standard Bronze battle armor
-Wood sheild coated with bronze(typical Spartan shield)
-Spartan short sword
-Two spears

Mr.Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Mr.Pie

Is this 300 movie version? cause these guys are stronger then the actual historical versions.

WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WindCloud

The Spartans will win.  They're too damned organized in battle.  The Vikings are a bit less organized and tactical.

Lost_Rellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lost_Rellik
@Mr.Pie said:
"Is this 300 movie version? cause these guys are stronger then the actual historical versions. "

Umm I don't think so because that would make the battle WAY to one-sided, so the historical versions of both.
Mr.Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mr.Pie
@WindCloud said:
" The Spartans will win.  They're too damned organized in battle.  The Vikings are a bit less organized and tactical. "
Agreed. And sides, Spartans are bigger then the Vikings lol ironic though since Vikings are big people.

Lost_Rellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lost_Rellik
@Mr.Pie said:
"@WindCloud said:
" The Spartans will win.  They're too damned organized in battle.  The Vikings are a bit less organized and tactical. "
Agreed. And sides, Spartans are bigger then the Vikings lol ironic though since Vikings are big people. "

Yeah really though hahaha
Lost_Rellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Lost_Rellik
@WindCloud said:
"The Spartans will win.  They're too damned organized in battle.  The Vikings are a bit less organized and tactical."

This is just one on one, no friends to back each other up.
WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WindCloud

So, you mean it's King Leonidas against Eric the Red ?  If so, Leonidas should still win.

ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ARMIV

...Why doesn't the actual show do this fight?!
It'd be AWESOME!

Mr.Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mr.Pie

nah it would be horribly one sided fight. Like William the Wallace vs Shaka Zulu.

Lost_Rellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lost_Rellik
@WindCloud said:
"So, you mean it's King Leonidas against Eric the Red ?  If so, Leonidas should still win."

Yeah pretty much, I never thought of that lol
PoolFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PoolFan

Spartan.
I think the show shouyld do winners. Such as Spartan vs William Wallace

Mr.Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mr.Pie
@PoolFan said:
" Spartan.I think the show shouyld do winners. Such as Spartan vs William Wallace "
Again a one sided fight lol
Lost_Rellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lost_Rellik
@PoolFan said:
"Spartan.I think the show shouyld do winners. Such as Spartan vs William Wallace "

Agreed almost like a tornament, where winners of each bracket advance on....hopefully they'll do that in the new season. Althoug put the newer generation warriors in a different group due to fact they have the unfair advantage of guns.
PoolFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PoolFan
@Mr.Pie said:
"@PoolFan said:
" Spartan.I think the show shouyld do winners. Such as Spartan vs William Wallace "
Again a one sided fight lol "

chances are it would be. I say hey pit a Egyptian Elite vs Celtic Warrior. and Alexander the Great vs Ganghis Khan. and Atilla the hun vs Montezuma
Lost_Rellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lost_Rellik
@PoolFan said:
"@Mr.Pie said:
"@PoolFan said:
chances are it would be. I say hey pit a Egyptian Elite vs Celtic Warrior. and Alexander the Great vs Ganghis Khan. and Atilla the hun vs Montezuma "

Or maybe King Arthur vs somebody? Maybe a Trojan warrior?
PoolFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PoolFan
@Lost_Rellik:
I personally dont think modern warriors with guns should be in it, true warriors fight with fists and swords
PoolFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PoolFan
@Lost_Rellik said:
"@PoolFan said:
"@Mr.Pie said:
"@PoolFan said:
chances are it would be. I say hey pit a Egyptian Elite vs Celtic Warrior. and Alexander the Great vs Ganghis Khan. and Atilla the hun vs Montezuma "
Or maybe King Arthur vs somebody? Maybe a Trojan warrior? "

I dont think so. Personally, (i'm a historian) i dont think King Arthur ever existed. But a Tojan Warrior would be good to see fighting a Buddhist Priest.
Lost_Rellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Lost_Rellik
@PoolFan said:
"@Lost_Rellik: I personally dont think modern warriors with guns should be in it, true warriors fight with fists and swords "

Totally true....like the only reason the Pirate beat the Knight is simply because of his guns.....Knight is far more superior in skill
PoolFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PoolFan
@Lost_Rellik said:
"@PoolFan said:
"
@Lost_Rellik: I personally dont think modern warriors with guns should be in it, true warriors fight with fists and swords "Totally true....like the only reason the Pirate beat the Knight is simply because of his guns.....Knight is far more superior in skill "
COMPLETLY!!!
Guns should be on a different showDeadliest Warrior should be about being the deadliest warrior, not having the best shot
Lost_Rellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lost_Rellik
@PoolFan said:
"@Lost_Rellik said:
"@PoolFan said:
"@Mr.Pie said:
"@PoolFan said:
I dont think so. Personally, (i'm a historian) i dont think King Arthur ever existed. But a Tojan Warrior would be good to see fighting a Buddhist Priest. "

Well than lol, or even a warrior of Troy....like Prince Hector perhaps and they could even use Achilles if they wanted.
PoolFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PoolFan
@Lost_Rellik said:
"@PoolFan said:
"@Lost_Rellik said:
"@PoolFan said:
"@Mr.Pie said:
"@PoolFan said:
I dont think so. Personally, (i'm a historian) i dont think King Arthur ever existed. But a Tojan Warrior would be good to see fighting a Buddhist Priest. "
Well than lol, or even a warrior of Troy....like Prince Hector perhaps and they could even use Achilles if they wanted. "

I'd rather use historically prooven warriors. like Ramses vs Julius Caesar
Argantyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Argantyr

Wow...one sided? You guys are terribly...terribly WRONG! Theres a reason why Vikings were a terror in northern europe for a multitude of centuries! Also, by the way, you'll find the tallest examples of humans on average in Scandinavia, so...Spartans taller, stronger? HAH! Also The Viking vs. Samurai pair up didn't give the Viking's they're historical repertoire of armaments, so basing your opinion on that fight, is also WRONG! Your tried and true Viking would wear either a coat of chainmail or padded leather. Assuming the Spartan is using Copper arms, heh...they'res no way they're gonna get past that armor - but why bother when the Viking has a shield, but unlike the spartan's the Viking shield isn't strapped to the arm, allowing him to maneuver his wooden in a 180 degree arch in front of him, and it's designed to shear and snare blades when they cut into it allowing a Viking to disarm them.  

Also, in regards to the 'big, strong, Spartans' how many extremely tall italians do you remember? Sure a Spartan Warrior was a tough, strong, fighter but...Vikigns were traditionally taller, had much thicker bones, and were stronger. The only advantage the Spartan has is his Copper breast plate which could be penetrated be a hand axe.

Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Retnex

Spartan slaughterhouse

Argantyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Argantyr

Really is that why the Persians kicked the Spartan's asses with wicker shields while the Vikings settled parts of russia, brittania, germania, and even parts of italy? Settled, not raiding mind you. Also England should have plenty of Viking blood from when the Great Heathen Army invaded after King Ragnar was betrayed by Northumbrian? nobility. Been a while since I read that particular story.

thelaxbro24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By thelaxbro24

Viking wins

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Stormdriven

@argantyr: There were only 300 Spartans and 100 other Greek warriors at Thermopylae pass, while the Persians had about 5000 troops. The Greeks still managed to kill almost 2/5ths of that army.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vikings get stomped. vikings lost to samurai and samurai lost to spartan on DW.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

people are we forgetting the vikeings are biger stronger and armed with weapons and armor thousands of years into the future ? the forged steel of the Vikeings should cut the bronze like a hot knife thouge butter . more over the vikeings where taught to fight as a man where as the spartains are used to fighting as a unit.

the spartains are skilled but the vikeings edge out every other stat by a vast margen

Edge Vikings

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_pie said:

Is this 300 movie version? cause these guys are stronger then the actual historical versions.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spartan

Linestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Linestar

@Lost_Rellik @mr_pie: Spartans are not bigger then vikings, not even close, lol. Vikings were the tallest people in the world of there time. Do research before pulling crap out of your @$$.

Anyway, just to clear that up, the vikings win handily. The axe totally negates the spartans shield (they would actually use the axe head to hook the shield and tear it away from there adversary, and is far more able to cut through a shield then a sword), they have better, stronger, more advanced armor and weapons, and as i stated before, were deff. bigger. Also this is a one v one, no armys, and the spartans were trained to fight together, and were actually terrible at one on one combat, relying more on stealth.

Viking roflstomp

Linestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol i like how the people who vote for vikings are the only ones also providing proof AND reasoning. Guess that says alot for how screwed the spartan is if they can even make a claim past "300 was a cool movie" (i said "cool", NOT good)

Avatar image for fitnesstribesman13
FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Aztecs win!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

could go either way

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retnex said:

Spartan slaughterhouse

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THIS IS SPARTA!

Avatar image for fitnesstribesman13
FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for generic_cannon_fodder
generic_cannon_fodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found this in my bookmarks. I meant to reply when it was bumped a few weeks back. I am embarrassed for the people saying spartans: especially the guy who said the spartans were bigger. The Vikings were what 5'8-5'11? Rewind another thousand years and the spartans were like 5'4 maybe less? The Viking has a huge size and strength advantage. He has a skill and training advantage too (in single combat that is. the spartan had more overall). Combine that with superior weapons and armour and it is a godstomp.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spartan

ValarMelkor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Viking.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

depends on how they fight

nickel132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

viking's were bigger and possibly stronger but Spartans were better and more brutally trained. Also the Vikings wouldn't be able too hook the shield as they would have taken about 3 spears to the body and face by the time they get within spear range.

Terrortuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Viking . Better weapons/armor .

Avatar image for agentghostrider
AgentGhostRider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By AgentGhostRider

@mysticmedivh said:

THIS IS SPARTA!

No Caption Provided

Spartan should win thou, more skilled, trained to be a Spartan from the age of 7, and they don't get to "retire" in till age of 60

GBandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Organize, bronze weapon wielding, battle tested since birth and filled with bisexual rage warriors vs Wild pillaging, iron weapon, wooden shielded Vikings....

Tough fight... I think Iron should beat bronze and Spartans were cocky... Maybe the fact that im watching Vikings as I type this might be making me say this but I think the Vikings win.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#49  Edited By Outside_85

Physically and skill-wise I'd imagine the Spartans have the edge because their lives were dedicated to war and spent most of it training for it. While the Vikings were mostly farmers whenever they weren't off 'going a viking'. That said, the vikings were described as large men, even among the people of Constantinople (modern Istanbul) and I am sure the farming and weeks at sea kept them in pretty good shape.

Weapons and armor... definitely the viking has the edge here with better, or at least less cumbersome, armor and weapons 1500 years ahead of what the Spartan is using. For some reason however the Viking is given two spears and an axe that he will need both hands to use.

That axe however, is more than likely the reason the viking is going to pull it this off. Because it provides the power he needs to batter the Spartans shield down, or if he wishes, he can try and hook the Spartans leg and pull him forwards (tripping him over) before planting it in him.

Also, perhaps more importantly than all of the above: The Spartan is alone. The effectiveness of Sparta in war was not just because of all the training they had, units like the Persian Immortals had that as well, but because they knew how to use their shields like a wall. The importance of being able to maintain that shield wall was paramount to their success and effectiveness... hence why Leonidas died when Xerxes was lead around him. The Viking on the other hand is used to the more free style that they are fighting under here.

All this said, I wouldn't pick the Vikings if this had been between armies, their fighting style is pretty much the kind of thing Sparta was used to dealing with. But for one on one, I'd go with Ragnar, especially if he happens to be a berserker.

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
ProteusXManRxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Bump