#1 Posted by TheSuperor (6938 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
  • Spartacus is armed with two swords
  • Spartacus is as the end of season 3, most current version of GoT characters
  • GoT characters has their standard weapons and armor
  • Spartacus is healed after each round
  • Fight takes place in the Amphitheater of Capua:
No Caption Provided

(Gauntlet may be out of order, deal with it.)

Round 1: Ned Stark

No Caption Provided

Round 2: Grey Worm

No Caption Provided

Round 3: Bronn

No Caption Provided

Round 4: Jon Snow

No Caption Provided

Round 5: Brienne of Tarth

No Caption Provided

Round 6: Sandor Clegane

No Caption Provided

Round 7: Oberyn Martell

No Caption Provided

Round 8: Jaime Lannister

No Caption Provided

Round 9: Ser Arthur Dayne

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
#3 Edited by Fallschirmjager (23432 posts) - - Show Bio

Spartacus is a serious beast. If we're talking show versions he easily gets to Dayne and probably clears. Book? IDK. Have to talk to someone more familiar with them. I don't imagine him stopping until Jaimie though

#4 Posted by AbelHsu (3533 posts) - - Show Bio

Clears IMO.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
#5 Posted by deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00 (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never seen the show, is he that good?

#6 Posted by Jooosh1996 (2774 posts) - - Show Bio

Could get poisoned at Oberyn and die, don't see him beating Jaime though.

#7 Edited by RBT (29220 posts) - - Show Bio

Clears

#8 Posted by the_red_viper (12863 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never seen the show, is he that good?

No, he is 99% hype.

I'm not even sure he beats Grey Worm.

I will treat it as a series of battles rather than a gauntlet though:

1. Ned Stark- Clears.
  2. Grey Worm - Arguable. Grey Worm is probably just as fast, and has superior gear and reach.
  3. Bronn - Possibly clears. Arguable though, Bronn is very underestimated.
  4. Jon - Clears.
  5. Brienne - Nope. Dies here.
  6. Sandor - Dies horribly.
  7. Oberyn - Dies horribly.
  8. Jaime - Dies horribly.
  9. Dayne - Dies horribly.
#9 Posted by Cregan_Stark (5256 posts) - - Show Bio

Prime Ned with Ice probably defeats him. He probably beats old man Ned without Ice.

He beats Grey Worm

Loses go Bronn

#10 Posted by Necromancer76 (3785 posts) - - Show Bio

He certainly dies at Brienne. Arguments could be made for both Grey Worm and Bronn because their styles are different. Also don't know why Jon is as high as he is, Spartacus would beat him.

#11 Posted by the_red_viper (12863 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously, Spartacus would not have survived the first 2 seasons in GoT. He is a great fighter but he is being overblown sky-high because of all the slow-mo and special effects in his fights that give him too much hype. Brienne would rip him in half.

#12 Edited by theCrazyBean (1841 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at Sandor for sure, may stop at Brienne. If Brienne has Oath Keeper then she beats him for a (big) majority

#13 Posted by totu (784 posts) - - Show Bio

More than probably Spartacus clears. I know I am in a minority by not being very familiar with all GoT stuff, but from what I saw, even in previous threads where I had very cool discussions in fact, I think he can beat them all considering he is healed after each round.

He have an insane damage absorbing capacity, incredible stamina, is very athletic, very skilled and have no problem fighting very dirty and bloody.

#14 Posted by Pyruscccc (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Equipment doesn't matter in a sword and shield fight.

1. That being said, he dies every round.
#15 Posted by the_red_viper (12863 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyruscccc: Equipment doesn't matter... you insane?

#16 Posted by Pyruscccc (31 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyruscccc: Equipment doesn't matter... you insane?

Youtube it. An armourless fighting master can easily overwhelm a knight clad in full armor.

#17 Posted by the_red_viper (12863 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyruscccc: When skill is equal, no.

Also when your steel is 1600 years more advanced, you have a serious advantage.

#18 Posted by Pyruscccc (31 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyruscccc: When skill is equal, no.

Also when your steel is 1600 years more advanced, you have a serious advantage.

Oh, the skill is equal. In that case, he dies to everyone. lol

#19 Edited by the_red_viper (12863 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyruscccc: Not only that, but the weapon matters as well. In this particular case for example, he is at constant reach disadvantage due to using dual shortswords.

#20 Posted by macleen (3654 posts) - - Show Bio

stops at dayne, he shows him how to really wield 2 swords

#22 Posted by the_wspanialy (4138 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at Sandor for sure, may stop at Brienne. If Brienne has Oath Keeper then she beats him for a (big) majority

#23 Edited by xSniperWolfiex (681 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure where he stops I wanna say he gets to Arthur dayne but then I think bout the massive disadvantage in gear he has which makes me think he stops at briene she always has armor on which will help against his massive stats advantage

#24 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5784 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he gets to dayne

#26 Edited by Wolfrazer (16380 posts) - - Show Bio

I just got even more of a headache from the poster who thinks someone without armor can overwhelm a knight in full armor.

Avatar image for melkorisbeatmod
#27 Posted by melkorisbeatmod (327 posts) - - Show Bio

with his lack of armor in the picture i don't think he'd really get that far tbh

Avatar image for swordofdamocles
#28 Edited by SwordofDamocles (327 posts) - - Show Bio

@melkorisbeatmod:He is very skilled, versatile, very strong, and with a quite good speed. That said his feats are quite hard to judge, anyway I think Spartacus would beat any fighter below Brienne and likely could also beat her going by feats. And if we assume he can penetrate armor/weapons will not break I think he could might beat Sandor.

The problem here as always in thread like this, is to figure how steel/armor will work, because they are differently effective depending the universe.

@the_red_viper: Well I have the feeling steel and armor work and don't work depending on the plot/universe they are. IRL no one could have cuted down armored roman right in theirs armor like this (even if they armor are not accurate in the show from what I know) That being said Spartacus showed a few arguable Super-soldier lvl feats, so maybe he hit so hard that he is able to cut even plate in GoT, not sure.

#29 Posted by the_red_viper (12863 posts) - - Show Bio

@melkorisbeatmod:He is very skilled, versatile, very strong, and with a quite good speed. That said his feats are quite hard to judge, anyway I think Spartacus would beat any fighter below Brienne and likely could also beat her going by feats. And if we assume he can penetrate armor/weapons will not break I think he could might beat Sandor.

The problem here as always in thread like this, is to figure how steel/armor will work, because they are differently effective depending the universe.

@the_red_viper: Well I have the feeling steel and armor work and don't work depending on the plot/universe they are. IRL no one could have cuted down armored roman right in theirs armor like this (even if they armor are not accurate in the show from what I know) That being said Spartacus showed a few arguable Super-soldier lvl feats, so maybe he hit so hard that he is able to cut even plate in GoT, not sure.

Spartacus's only two high-level feats are complete high-end outliers. One of those was in the season 1 finale when he jumped to that balcony, right? Well he did need assistance to make lesser jumps at other points in the show. He's never come close to replicating such a jump. Moreover, if he did in fact have such strength in his legs, he should have been able to one-shot anyone he ever kicks. He kicks people quite a lot, never one-shotted anyone. The second feat you're talking about is the one where he sends Roman soldiers flying like ragdolls with sword strikes in the season 3 finale I assume. Just like that other feat, it can be easily debunked when you look at literally every other instance in the series where he hits people with all his strength; not one time did he ever manage to do anything remotely close. It's an outlier. And even though he cut through armor every now and then, please remember that the armor used by the GoT fighters is almost 2 millennia more advanced that Spartacus's steel. He's more likely to break his own sword before he does so much as put a scratch on their armor. He gets tagged by random fighters far too often to suggest he'd be able to beat someone like Grey Worm or Brienne, let alone Sandor or Arthur Dayne.

Avatar image for finalkingthanos
#30 Posted by FinalKingThanos (1030 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol has no one here actually watched the Spartacus show ?

Any of the top fighters clear GoT easily they are all like fucking Leonidas in all 4 seasons they do crazy shit only the undead mountain has taken more punishment.

#31 Edited by SwordofDamocles (327 posts) - - Show Bio

Spartacus's only two high-level feats are complete high-end outliers. One of those was in the season 1 finale when he jumped to that balcony, right? Well he did need assistance to make lesser jumps at other points in the show. He's never come close to replicating such a jump. Moreover, if he did in fact have such strength in his legs, he should have been able to one-shot anyone he ever kicks. He kicks people quite a lot, never one-shotted anyone.

@the_red_viper: Nah that was not the feat I have in mind, and in fact to be honest I agree with you about that feat, he is seriously overrated.

I was talking about a feat who came during season 2, Spartacus who was completely out of energy after running for a day impaled a Roman soldier and make the guy fly above him with one hand if I remember well. That is a feat extremely impressive if you consider the soldier was more heavy due to armor. And even with a 12 years old boy without anything on him doing such feat require a insane amont of strength.

The second feat you're talking about is the one where he sends Roman soldiers flying like ragdolls with sword strikes in the season 3 finale I assume. Just like that other feat, it can be easily debunked when you look at literally every other instance in the series where he hits people with all his strength; not one time did he ever manage to do anything remotely close.

To be fair I would compare that feat in the same way as Jon dismount-bolton guy with Longclaw strike and when Worm impaled with a throwing the Lannister in the door. A exceptional super-soldier feat but which the character proved able to do, even if he did only one time. Although the difference is the feat Spartacus showed was more impressive than both, Furthermore do you remember Lugo the German ? He showed the same super-soldier feat in the final battle, but in a even more impressive way because he was burning alive, I think it's a proof Spartacus character have strength feat insane likely superior to those from GoT when it come to striking.

And even though he cut through armor every now and then, please remember that the armor used by the GoT fighters is almost 2 millennia more advanced that Spartacus's steel.

I agree. But as I said the fact he can cut armor like sick stick, could maybe mean he can do the same with although serious greater efforts in GoT. do you remember Tormund cuting chainmail from Thorne with one strike in the side of his body ? Beric being impaled by low quality knifes during the Great Battle for Winterfell , right in his armor ? Not saying armor is uselles in the show, but I have the feeling in regards of the books they are quite strange.

e's more likely to break his own sword before he does so much as put a scratch on their armor. He gets tagged by random fighters far too often to suggest he'd be able to beat someone like Grey Worm or Brienne, let alone Sandor or Arthur Dayne.

While it's true he was tagged quite some time in the beginning, when he reach is prime he was able of not being touched despite being in serious unfair situation, remember the ambush in the port during season 3 ? While being disarmed and surrounded with Gannicus by like 30 soldiers he was able of surviving during minutes before being rescued. In the finale he took down by himself all of Crassus guards and his Centurion (which where10 men's if I remember) and this was after fighting a battle and running in sprint a hill.

While I agree with you Sandor will beat him ,because of gear diff and the fact he can hold his own in skills, he can beat Brienne and Grey Worm.

#32 Edited by the_red_viper (12863 posts) - - Show Bio

@swordofdamocles:

Nah that was not the feat I have in mind, and in fact to be honest I agree with you about that feat, he is seriously overrated.

I was talking about a feat who came during season 2, Spartacus who was completely out of energy after running for a day impaled a Roman soldier and make the guy fly above him with one hand if I remember well. That is a feat extremely impressive if you consider the soldier was more heavy due to armor. And even with a 12 years old boy without anything on him doing such feat require a insane amont of strength.

I honestly don't remember any such feat. Unless it's this one:

No Caption Provided

It's the one from the season 3 finale that I was talking about, complete outlier.

To be fair I would compare that feat in the same way as Jon dismount-bolton guy with Longclaw strike

I disagree, unhorsing is something that happens all the time. Jon did it a bit more savagely, true, but it happened a lot of times in GoT and all sorts of other medieval-themed TV shows and movies. VIkings and Braveheart come to mind. Even Spartacus did it.

when Worm impaled with a throwing the Lannister in the door.

Pretty insane feat isn't it? I think the difference here is that Grey Worm doesn't really have other showings that outright contradict this one. Spartacus has dozens upon dozens of showings throughout 3 seasons where he is shown to be hitting people with all his strength; he never one-shotted anyone with sheer force. For example this showing from season 2 episode 7:

No Caption Provided

I mean, if he was super-soldier level like you're suggesting he should have blown Nemetes's head right off his shoulders with this kind of punch. He didn't, though. I think Brienne, for example, has better showings. Like knocking out a soldier with a most casual elbow strike:

No Caption Provided

Or when she sent 3 wights flying through a railing with one blow:

No Caption Provided

Although the difference is the feat Spartacus showed was more impressive than both, Furthermore do you remember Lugo the German ? He showed the same super-soldier feat in the final battle, but in a even more impressive way because he was burning alive, I think it's a proof Spartacus character have strength feat insane likely superior to those from GoT when it come to striking.

Yeah I remember this nonsensical feat from Lugo, he was an impressive fighter but it was just another outlier. If Lugo could really have sent people flying like that, he would have one-shotted Crixus in season 2 episode 7 when he rugby-tackled him.

Super-high-end feats aren't worth a lot when they're massively inconsistent. The only truly superhuman Spartacus character was Theokoles, and he was trashing Spartacus and Crixus combined until Crixus used sunlight to blind him.

I agree. But as I said the fact he can cut armor like sick stick, could maybe mean he can do the same with although serious greater efforts in GoT. do you remember Tormund cuting chainmail from Thorne with one strike in the side of his body ? Beric being impaled by low quality knifes during the Great Battle for Winterfell , right in his armor ? Not saying armor is uselles in the show, but I have the feeling in regards of the books they are quite strange.

Again, the difference is that GoT steel is far more advanced. If GoT-era (akin to 15th century) blades could cut through armor from the same era, that doesn't mean that steel from about 1600 years prior would do the same. Spartacus is more likely to break his sword than cut through their armor.

While it's true he was tagged quite some time in the beginning, when he reach is prime he was able of not being touched despite being in serious unfair situation, remember the ambush in the port during season 3 ? While being disarmed and surrounded with Gannicus by like 30 soldiers he was able of surviving during minutes before being rescued. In the finale he took down by himself all of Crassus guards and his Centurion (which where10 men's if I remember) and this was after fighting a battle and running in sprint a hill.

He got tagged quite a few times throughout the entire show. There were scenes where he wasn't tagged, sure, like the ones you mentioned. But here are a few where he was tagged:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

And those were average soldiers. He never leaves a fight unscathed when pitted against another skilled individual: Gannicus, Crixus, Crassus, etc. I don't think he'd be able to stay untouched by someone like Brienne or Grey Worm.

While I agree with you Sandor will beat him ,because of gear diff and the fact he can hold his own in skills, he can beat Brienne and Grey Worm.

I strongly disagree, I think Brienne would beat him, albeit not easily but she will take him. She has far better gear - full plate armor and a Valyrian steel longsword, which also offers reach advantage against Spartacus's dual shortswords. She has comparable skill and strength and as such I'd say she has this fight. Grey Worm would beat him too, in my opinion. Again - better armor and reach, a shield that he actually knows how to use, comparable skill and comparable if not superior strength.

#33 Edited by SwordofDamocles (327 posts) - - Show Bio

S2ep4 58:41 he lift up in one move a full grown men in the airs with a spear, and that guy was in armor and with weapons. (although Spartacus did fall in the end and that was with both hands) but I think you would agree that is a beyond-human feat, Furthermore you must consider he did that after being running all day without sleeping or taking rest and fighting in various fights.

Now don't get me wrong I don't think Spartacus is on Super-soldier lvl like many does I think he have some arguable super-soldiers feats. And while I don't disagree with anything you said about contradiction I think it's quite arguable. We can't look down many feats even if they "contradict" others we must find a rational explication to this in my mind. Saying they are irrelevant/not count because outside weapon fights he don't showed feats as impressive is quite arguable for me.

Again, the difference is that GoT steel is far more advanced. If GoT-era (akin to 15th century) blades could cut through armor from the same era, that doesn't mean that ,steel from about 1600 years prior would do the same. Spartacus is more likely to break his sword than cut through their armor.

While I agree with the difference, the fact is in the TV show the gear difference in battles and fight was many times irrelevant. We saw knifes and wildlings weapons cutting/passing beyond plate armor, in the Great battle of Winterfell. We saw Unsullied going beyond the full armor Lannister defense with a single strike of their spears, we saw swords going right in plate armor like if that was some weak wood…. The armor-power in the TV is not on the same page as the books, and far away from reality.

We saw Wildlings being able to counter-attack with the wooden part of their weapons Valyrian steel like nothing. The only warrior baring Sandor (because the Sword was in fire) who did break a sword was Brienne.

What I mean is it could might be arguable Spartacus could hurt/destroy some part of Brienne armor despite the difference. And he could certainly parry her strikes without getting his weapons destroyed in the first clash of steel. I think Spartacus showed to be superior than her in skills and faster. Baring that as you said even if she might be stronger (which is not completely sure) Spartacus could certainly hold his own in that era. I mean yeah armor would be a great deal for him, but assuming he could break some part like legs or arms/shoulders, he can take the majority here.

I admit I am not sure, but that could be a scenario.

And Grey Worm don't have the gears advantage in that fight, and in general fighting skills Spartacus seems to be likely superior, Furthermore he is used to fight warriors like Worm (with the same gear/almost)

#34 Posted by SwordofDamocles (327 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by the_red_viper (12863 posts) - - Show Bio

@swordofdamocles: Oh, well it's a good feat bot not superhuman. I mean, I've personally lifted people heavier than me in the past. I think it isn't even his most impressive feat if we're being honest, the soldier was running at him and Spartacus used the momentum to lift him upward. They do it in wrestling all the time.

Also I dunno where you're getting the part of him running all day, we only see tidbits. He was likely in ambush or something, he isn't Aragon searching for Hobbits lol.

We can't look down many feats even if they "contradict" others we must find a rational explication to this in my mind. Saying they are irrelevant/not count because outside weapon fights he don't showed feats as impressive is quite arguable for me.

Well of course we should take the level he displays most commonly as his actual level, but if he has 2 outlier feats that are contradicted over and over again throughout 3 entire seasons, I think we should see them as just that - outliers. It's like Spider-Man beating Firelord; we don't factor such showings when trying to assess someone's legitimate level of performance because it's so far above the ordinary. For the same reason we don't factor in low-end outliers. Can't think of any specific one for Spartacus but it's gotta be there somewhere.

As for the armor, well I don't think there's any reason to think why Spartacus would be able to break through 15th century armor without overly damaging his weapon in the process. The best he's cut through was ancient ~100 BC steel. The worst quality weapons that have broken through GoT steel are still more than a thousand years more advanced than that. Also, Sandor didn't break through Beric's sword because it was on fire. An exact similar burning sword was able to withstand an onslaught from an undead snow-bear in season 7.

And Grey Worm don't have the gears advantage in that fight, and in general fighting skills Spartacus seems to be likely superior, Furthermore he is used to fight warriors like Worm (with the same gear/almost)

Spartacus fighting spearmen doesn't mean he would be able to beat Grey Worm. None of the spearmen he's fought came close to Grey Worm's level of skill, dexterity and efficiency, let alone speed or strength. I don't see where Spartacus is superior other than maybe unarmed martial skill. Grey Worm cuts down enemy soldiers just as well as Spartacus does.

Avatar image for melkorisbeatmod
#36 Posted by melkorisbeatmod (327 posts) - - Show Bio

@swordofdamocles: his speed is the only reason i think he'd do kind of well however his lack of armor would be a problem and leave him open to a stab at close range which people like Bronn would certainly do. also it depends on which Ned Stark this is because he could stop at Ned if this is the younger Ned who stood up to Dayne i could certainly see him landing a blow on spartacus although he might lose. no way he beats Grey-Worm however

#37 Edited by SwordofDamocles (327 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: Oh, well it's a good feat bot not superhuman. I mean, I've personally lifted people heavier than me in the past. I think it isn't even his most impressive feat if we're being honest, the soldier was running at him and Spartacus used the momentum to lift him upward. They do it in wrestling all the time.

I get what your saying but I dont think any normal guy could do that in that situation. Or at least the dude would have to train for years to do this and be absurdly good, and even so, doing this in the situation Spartacus was is still arguably almost impossible. In wrestling they don't completely reach-up a armored men with a spear.

Also I dunno where you're getting the part of him running all day, we only see tidbits. He was likely in ambush or something, he isn't Aragon searching for Hobbits lol.

He was hunted down by dozen of patrols, when they stopped from what I remember that was like for very shorts times (except once when they take a rest in the beginning for a little.) And because the girls where not able to keep up .

Well of course we should take the level he displays most commonly as his actual level, but if he has 2 outlier feats that are contradicted over and over again throughout 3 entire seasons, I think we should see them as just that - outliers. It's like Spider-Man beating Firelord; we don't factor such showings when trying to assess someone's legitimate level of performance because it's so far above the ordinary. For the same reason we don't factor in low-end outliers. Can't think of any specific one for Spartacus but it's gotta be there somewhere.

Fair enough. But even if he don't showed feat as impressive more than twice, (in terms of striking power) he showed many times quite good ones to be fair. Like during a fight, cutting down in once both legs of a dude and making the guy being pushed away in the process. And he showed that kind of feats many times during the entire show. I also remember a scene in the opening of season 3 where he literally destroyed and taked away a whole roman-face with a strike of the broken roman-eagle.

As for the armor, well I don't think there's any reason to think why Spartacus would be able to break through 15th century armor without overly damaging his weapon in the process. The best he's cut through was ancient ~100 BC steel. The worst quality weapons that have broken through GoT steel are still more than a thousand years more advanced than that. Also, Sandor didn't break through Beric's sword because it was on fire. An exact similar burning sword was able to withstand an onslaught from an undead snow-bear in season 7.

Again, I get what you'r saying here. But you must remember this is different universes and both have different "physic logics" look the difference between GoT swords against armor , and look at the same thing in reality. Swords where far from being the weapon of choice and the weapon the more deadly against armor, in fact when confronted to plate armor they where uselles, you can't kill with that, the best you can hope is bulling the dude around with your strikes or trying to put him to the ground in a physical contest.

You are assuming the difference between steels (Ancient era VS Late medieval) while be applicated as they was in reality. And I don't think so. Don't get me wrong the gear advantage is true and a fact but I don't think that while as seriously important.

Do you really think Wildlings steel are seriously beyond those Spartacus use ? I don't think so, Wildlings steel are the much low-quality in Westeros (except for the Thenns maybe) as that was said and implied in the show. Furthermore Gladius where made of steel and a better one likely than those the people beyond the wall use. If I'm not mistaken Spartacus did use steel-Gladius.

Being era more advanced in time///being superior. Some people in Medieval Europe in our history where using weapons inferior than those used in some Ancient-civilisation.

As for Sandor If I remember in the books that was clearly said he did break the sword because the fire make the steel weak. Now don't get me wrong I think even without the fire he could maybe break the sword, but he wouldn't be able to cut the armor with it like he did in my opinion.

Now don't get me wrong Brienne armor is way superior than the steel/armor Spartacus use, but going by what both show showed onscreen and the fact Wildlings weapon can stab armor or even slash it , I think it's to safe to say it could be arguable if Spartacus will do or wouldn't do damage at all.

Spartacus fighting spearmen doesn't mean he would be able to beat Grey Worm. None of the spearmen he's fought came close to Grey Worm's level of skill, dexterity and efficiency, let alone speed or strength. I don't see where Spartacus is superior other than maybe unarmed martial skill. Grey Worm cuts down enemy soldiers just as well as Spartacus does.

Well I think we just agree to disagree here. Even if it could be arguable in skills and speed, they arguably match each other (in my mind Spartacus is slightly superior) I think Spartacus showed better physical and stamina. And the fact Spartacus have experience against Skilled Spearmen (better than average at least) would be a factor here.

#38 Edited by totu (784 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah, I sort of missed these talks. And I still say peak Spartacus beat any GoT movie characters listed (I don't know the books however). He actually stomp many of them

He is borderline superhuman, is stronger (except maybe the Mountain, but not that far from him), way more athletic, faster than any of them, much better stamina and damage resilience and is at least as skilled as Dayne (I say better actually) and can fight quite viciously and with underhanded moves with no problem.

Beside the already mentioned superhuman feats (balcony jump and ragdolling those soldiers) we have these

he completely smash and turn into mush someone head, in one strike with the end part of a battle flag staff. Such strike will kill anyone, including the Mountain

No Caption Provided

here his bare fists strikes chip away bits of a concrete wall (Roman concrete)

No Caption Provided

and here he kills three enemy soldiers in about three seconds (not to mention that parts of the movement are filmed in slow motion so he would have been faster in real time and he also switch a sword from left hand to right hand before striking the last enemy)

No Caption Provided

his strike seem to throw them away just as much as in the scene already posted above when he did the same to two enemy soldiers

Also his last battle, when he clears a path through the Roman Army,, run up that hill after Crassus, kill his bodyguards (despite lot of blood loss from his wounds) and is about to kill Crassus but is speared from behind by few javelins and still survive a while is another borderline superhuman like feat.

#39 Edited by dark_globe (682 posts) - - Show Bio

he gets to dayne .
dayne has equal/very close to equal skill and superior equipment so he wins .

that being said give spartacus two gladius swords made of valyrian steel and he probably clears .

#40 Posted by the_red_viper (12863 posts) - - Show Bio

@swordofdamocles:

I get what your saying but I dont think any normal guy could do that in that situation. Or at least the dude would have to train for years to do this and be absurdly good, and even so, doing this in the situation Spartacus was is still arguably almost impossible. In wrestling they don't completely reach-up a armored men with a spear.

A normal guy wouldn't have been able to do that, I agree, but Spartacus isn't a normal guy. He's a guy with probably international-level-athlete physicals. Not superhuman, just way more fit than any average human.

It's really not almost impossible, it's definitely not easy but using someone's own momentum against them is something that happens in the real world all the time.

He was hunted down by dozen of patrols, when they stopped from what I remember that was like for very shorts times (except once when they take a rest in the beginning for a little.) And because the girls where not able to keep up .

Well, as I said, he was in incredible shape, no doubt. He wasn't running non-stop for a day though.

Fair enough. But even if he don't showed feat as impressive more than twice, (in terms of striking power) he showed many times quite good ones to be fair. Like during a fight, cutting down in once both legs of a dude and making the guy being pushed away in the process. And he showed that kind of feats many times during the entire show. I also remember a scene in the opening of season 3 where he literally destroyed and taked away a whole roman-face with a strike of the broken roman-eagle.

Cutting off limbs isn't something out of the ordinary in GoT. Even Tyrion chopped off someone's leg with one axe-blow, not to mention the Hound who cut two different men in half through the torso. His feat with the eagle-mace was pretty good (he only knocked away the guy's bottom jaw, not his entire face, but it's still good), but shouldn't put him above people like Brienne, Grey Worm, etc in terms of strength.

About the whole armor thing, I really don't see anything more I could say, the only reason why Spartacus would cut through their armor is what you're describing as plot. Which is inapplicable in battle threads. Just a few minor points:

Do you really think Wildlings steel are seriously beyond those Spartacus use ?

Well, yes. Even if they're far behind the steel used by Westerosi warriors and don't match the real level of 15th century steel, it's still at least a few centuries more advanced than Spartacus's antiques. Besides, a lot of wildling weapons are stolen or scavanged from Night's Watch men or Northerners that they kill in their raids beyond the wall.

As for Sandor If I remember in the books that was clearly said he did break the sword because the fire make the steel weak.

You're almost correct. In the books, it was said that Thoros of Myr used to ruin a lot of his swords because he was coating them with Wildfire. But the fire that Beric had on his sword wasn't Wildfire, it was regular fire which is far less destructive, conjured with some Lord-of-Light magic shenanigans. But, that's only in the books, the show makes no mention of fire weakening the blades and as we saw in season 7, if a flaming sword could take an onslaught from that undead bear, it's definitely not weaker than any non-flaming sword.

Well I think we just agree to disagree here. Even if it could be arguable in skills and speed, they arguably match each other (in my mind Spartacus is slightly superior) I think Spartacus showed better physical and stamina. And the fact Spartacus have experience against Skilled Spearmen (better than average at least) would be a factor here.

Sure, agree to disagree, I just don't remember Spartacus ever fighting a spearman with the skill, speed and strength of Grey Worm. Most spearmen he faced were just Roman foot-soldiers, other than them there were maybe some random, nameless spear-wielding gladiators who should definitely be better than Roman soldiers (who really were trash) but that's still below Grey Worm who actually has feats, and damn good ones at that.

#41 Edited by SwordofDamocles (327 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper:

A normal guy wouldn't have been able to do that, I agree, but Spartacus isn't a normal guy. He's a guy with probably international-level-athlete physicals. Not superhuman, just way more fit than any average human.

It's really not almost impossible, it's definitely not easy but using someone's own momentum against them is something that happens in the real world all the time.

Well im more used in theory and in practice as a striking guy than a wrestler so, I could be wrong here I don't know that much about that, I know wrestler do lift up guys in fights but I dont have in mind any of them showing a feat where he lifted up a armored guy in the airs by the point of a spear and all of that while being right on feet for the lifting part. I don't say a guy can't do that in real life but what I doubt is the fact he would be able to do that while being in the same physical shape/context as Spartacus which was furthermore in the middle of a fight in improvisation, when Spartacus was already running and fighting multiples times in a day.

Cutting off limbs isn't something out of the ordinary in GoT. Even Tyrion chopped off someone's leg with one axe-blow, not to mention the Hound who cut two different men in half through the torso. His feat with the eagle-mace was pretty good (he only knocked away the guy's bottom jaw, not his entire face, but it's still good), but shouldn't put him above people like Brienne, Grey Worm, etc in terms of strength.

True. But Spartacus did that I dunno how many times and when he does he showed more than a few times being able to send the guy away/lift him up away from the ground, like if he was falling in reverse, which means the sword strike was seriously powerful. But yeah he is not on the Hound lvl at that era.

About the whole armor thing, I really don't see anything more I could say, the only reason why Spartacus would cut through their armor is what you're describing as plot. Which is inapplicable in battle threads. Just a few minor points:

Well as I said and I don't think you disagree about that: both GoT and Spartacus showed nonsensicial steel/armor power/weakness so even if it's true the superior gear will be a serious fact, I don't think arguments assuming Spartacus would quickly have his sword break or he can't do nothing to their armor can be said like if that was a fact.

Well, yes. Even if they're far behind the steel used by Westerosi warriors and don't match the real level of 15th century steel, it's still at least a few centuries more advanced than Spartacus's antiques. Besides, a lot of wildling weapons are stolen or scavanged from Night's Watch men or Northerners that they kill in their raids beyond the wall.

Well I don't think so. Their steels seems to be one of the pretty basic steels, still better than bronze but that it. I don't see him superior as a Gladius steel. In the show Wildling forge theirs own weapons , unlike the books. And while it's true they take still from Northmen's and rangers, they likely don't do that as much they do in the books. You can clearly see in BOB or the assault of the Wall ALL the weapons used by the Wildlings are weapons they forged themselves. (I don't remember any Wildling fighting with a sword from the NW or the North unlike the books)

You're almost correct. In the books, it was said that Thoros of Myr used to ruin a lot of his swords because he was coating them with Wildfire. But the fire that Beric had on his sword wasn't Wildfire, it was regular fire which is far less destructive, conjured with some Lord-of-Light magic shenanigans. But, that's only in the books, the show makes no mention of fire weakening the blades and as we saw in season 7, if a flaming sword could take an onslaught from that undead bear, it's definitely not weaker than any non-flaming sword.

Remember they are weak to fire which mean's the bear was being arguably/likely weakened while biting that flaming sword, and also suffering from the fire Beric did inflict him ,furthermore I don't think any bear (even a huge like this) could break a castle steel forged sword like this. So even if that was not by a large margin I don't think it's as solid as an non-flaming sword.

Sure, agree to disagree, I just don't remember Spartacus ever fighting a spearman with the skill, speed and strength of Grey Worm. Most spearmen he faced were just Roman foot-soldiers, other than them there were maybe some random, nameless spear-wielding gladiators who should definitely be better than Roman soldiers (who really were trash) but that's still below Grey Worm who actually has feats, and damn good ones at that.

Well that means he know how to deal with spearman even if as you said they are far from Grey Worm lvl. I see it as a little but still a advantage. Furthermore while it's true he get tagged (but never seriously injured) in some fights, he showed feas which where arguably better than those Grey Worm showed. The one where he kill all of Crassus bodyguard's including his Centurion, after fighting a battle and sprint running a hill come to my mind.

I can't see Grey Worm outfight in weapon Spartacus, Spartacus while certainly keep up and could likely take the lead. And even if Grey Worm have some serious stamina I don't see it better than Spartacus, how do you think the fight while goes on ? Spartacus being outclassed and killed quickly ?

#42 Edited by Six-Deuce (1416 posts) - - Show Bio

Spartacus easily clears (caveat weapons breaking on advanced enemy armor). Ppl are wanking Dayne, his feats are significantly below Gannicus who is slightly below Spartacus.

OT Aragorn and Sonny ItBL also clear

#43 Posted by hudyman (2248 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol who's saying that he loses?

Spartacus clears over and over again. The only people in GOT who can kill him are the undead and dragons.

He LITERALLY never lost a single fight.