• 58 results
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pokergeist

100 Space Marine Company. Complete with Terminator Librarian, Terminator Captain, and 5 Terminators.

No Caption Provided

100 Bloodied Predators with 50 Xenos, 20 Pred Aliens, and a Queen to used as hounds. Led by Clan Chief.

No Caption Provided

150 Spartan 3s. 50 Spartan 2s. Master Chief. All are post Halo 4.

No Caption Provided

No Vehicles. Armed with whatever Gear they need to win. No Help from Fleets.

All start 1 mile away in desolate New York City.

Who wins this Sci Fi battle?

Angryprune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Space marines stomp

hard

GhostofOnyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By GhostofOnyx

My inner halo fanboy wants to say "SPARTANS STOMP TROLOLOLOL" but I'd have to say the space marines win.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

From what I've read about Space Marines, their armour severely outclasses that of a SPARTAN-II's as does their weaponry.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: Crap, you mentioned the word Terminator, even though it has nothing to do with a certain 80's sci fi Austrian, you know what will probably happen now.

I swear I think the little kid just google's "comic vine terminator" and goes a trollin'.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a feeling Cortana and John-117 will tell the Spartans to let the other two armies kill each other, and then they all attack what's left. Remember, Cortana can and will hack into and/or take control of the opposing armies' technology to win this war.

Mysterioz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mysterioz

@xlr87t3 said:

I have a feeling Cortana and John-117 will tell the Spartans to let the other two armies kill each other, and then they all attack what's left. Remember, Cortana can and will hack into and/or take control of the opposing armies' technology to win this war.

there's nothing to hack really, and the AVP team would get destroyed in moments.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysterioz: Even with the acid blood and the Hunt's technology and weapons? Absolutely no casualties for the space mariners???

Mysterioz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3 said:

@mysterioz: Even with the acid blood and the Hunt's technology and weapons? Absolutely no casualties for the space mariners???

sure they'll lose some but it will be too little to make a difference, Space Marine could just spam bolter fire in one direction and all of AVP gets one shotted

the Spartans than get slaughtered.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

From what I've read about Space Marines, their armour severely outclasses that of a SPARTAN-II's as does their weaponry.

Although the SM's do outclass Spartan's its not that, that makes this slightly unfair. Its the Librarian that take this overboard. To sum them up briefly imagine a Space Marine, then give the Space Marine a weapon that cuts through anything by distorting reality, then give the Space Marine telepathy, telekinesis and a host of other nasty psyker powers. Then you got a Librarian. These i'm assuming (as Cadence hasn't stated anything) are normal standard Librarians so they aren't even top tier. Top tier Librarians like Ahzek or Tigurius are capable of using telepathy to control the populous of an entire planet. Standard Librarians on the other hand are nowhere near this level however they do have to be a minimum of Gamma level Beta in some circumstances and thats still bordering city-level tp.
Get rid of the Librarian and some Space Marines and then we have a fight!
@xlr87t3 said:

There is nothing to hack. Space Marine armor is bonded to their nervous system and is controlled by their brain. So unless Cortana has shown herself capable of effecting biological control she isn't hacking SM armor as their is no computer controlling it.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By New_World_Order

Space Marines.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysterioz: @strider92: Without the Librarians and their psykic capabilities, the Spartans will survive much longer than the aliens because of the speed advantage and AI giving them important info (like how to stay alive or get around the space mariner's considerably superior armor and shields).

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92:
Using low level Average Librarian. Most Librarians cannot use TP either. this one I will say cannot. standard Warp Fire/Lightning user.

@deranged_midget: Changed the Number Drastically.

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By m0ntyb0y

So we have...

1) 100 space marines including Terminator Captain, Terminator Librarian, and 5 Terminators (the Captain's honour guard I suppose)

Total number: 100

2) A clan leader, 100 Blooded predators (You do realise "Blooded" yautja usually refers to your "average" hunter? Nothing special here.) 50 xenomorphs, 20 predaliens, and a queen

Total number: 172

3) 150 Spartan IIIs, 50 Spartan IIs, Masterchief

Total number: 201

I honestly don't see how the predators would fare well in this situation. They're hunters who rely on stealth and mobility. They're essentially unconventional stalker-type assassins. In a pitched battle against the massed firepower of space marines, they'd be useless. The xenomorphs would be cannon fodder.

The Spartans don't have the numbers to beat 100 space marines with a librarian among them. Even without the librarian, a full company of space marines with 6 terminators would be too much. Space marines can do everything Spartans can do, only much better.

HOWEVER, if we're talking about military predators, they'd STOMP. I doubt even the librarian would be enough to stop them. Military predators rock SOME SERIOUS GEAR

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pokergeist

@m0ntyb0y: I did stated any gear or weapons needed to win. That would include Pred military tech as far as I am concerned.

Avatar image for regal_rumble_man
Regal_Rumble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spehss Mahreens > a pile of poop > spartans

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Regal_Rumble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@regal_rumble_man: thats not incredibly polite to point out

Kinda the truth, halo verse might got stronger because of silentium precursors/flood/gravemind but the name and file space marine would mulch any named spartan

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@regal_rumble_man:

oh no, i wasn't denying that. I was just saying that, y'know, Spartans are allready super-weaksauce, they don't need people talking like that about them

Regal_Rumble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Regal_Rumble_Man
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1: But their enemies are not, only PIS would let chief beat that didact

well it was confirmed as proof MC has Plot device Power (or Luck powers) in the 4th Game.

Regal_Rumble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By m0ntyb0y

@cadencev2 said:

@m0ntyb0y: I did stated any gear or weapons needed to win. That would include Pred military tech as far as I am concerned.

In that case, military predators wipe the floor with the other two forces 8/10. Hydras, Blazers, Vanguards would be too much. It's an 8/10 chance of victory for the military preds (and not a guaranteed win) because of a powerful librarian can always pull some crazy sh**

It's kinda funny cuz the "military predators" in the game of AvP Extinction are just the militia of a single predator clan. Who knows what other more powerful clans have or if there's a formal military above the militia

JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Librarian Stomp. If Master Chief could snipe the Librarian, they'd have a better chance, but whoops Terminator armour. Without the Librarian though, the 5 terminators still stomp. Nothing is punching through that armour.

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By m0ntyb0y

@jediwaffles: Blazer preds have shoulder mounted, auto-aiming inferno cannons that fire sweeping beams hotter than the cores of most stars...think long-range melta guns that fire sustained beams instead of bursts.

Meltas are enough to counter terminator armour. Inferno cannons would be overkill.

JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m0ntyb0y said:

@jediwaffles: Blazer preds have shoulder mounted, auto-aiming inferno cannons that fire sweeping beams hotter than the cores of most stars...think long-range melta guns that fire sustained beams instead of bursts.

Meltas are enough to counter terminator armour. Inferno cannons would be overkill.

Hotter than the core of most stars?! Didn't think they'd pack that much firepower.

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jediwaffles: Yeah, it's all in the in-game bestiary of AvP Extinction

Of course in the game they're toned down for the sake of balance but I believe the "fluff" description trumps game mechanics

Avatar image for herecomestheboom_headshot
HereComesTheBoom_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Space Marines show the Spartans and Predators what it means to be real Soldiers as they squash the Xenos like flies.

JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By JediWaffles

@m0ntyb0y said:

@jediwaffles: Yeah, it's all in the in-game bestiary of AvP Extinction

Of course in the game they're toned down for the sake of balance but I believe the "fluff" description trumps game mechanics

That's a bit OP lol

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wsdpii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With the Aliens, space marines will probably kill them with limited losses because of their similarity in tactics and biology to Tyrannids.

Spartans would have a tough fight, hell maybe they might just join with the space marines and kill the xenos.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Space Marines Curbstomp.

Blood_Red_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

For the Emperor!

Space Marines clean house.

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: @blood_red_rage:

Again, it really depends on what sort of Yautja show up. Military predators are much more powerful than your standard bolter and chainsword space marines

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m0ntyb0y said:

Again, it really depends on what sort of Yautja show up. Military predators are much more powerful than your standard bolter and chainsword space marines

OP specifically states it's 100 Bloodied Preds. Not a match for Space Marines.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Only 100 preds?

not enough gun

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What kind of Space Marines? Because the Word Bearers got killed by pointy sticks one time :P

wsdpii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By wsdpii
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Pokergeist

What kind of Space Marines? Because the Word Bearers got killed by pointy sticks one time :P

Only the Chaplains gets killed by pointy sticks it seems. You know the Chaplains with a Rosarious Energy Field and the better Close combat :)

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of all the battle fields why is it always new york?.

Anyway. Space marines takes this.

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By m0ntyb0y

@m0ntyb0y said:

Right but he also said ^

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m0ntyb0y said:

@shawnbaby said:

@m0ntyb0y said:

@cadencev2 said:

Right but he also said ^

In that case than the Space MArines also get whatever Weapons and Gear neded to win. So you'd no longer be dealing with "standard bolter and chainsword space marines"

Termy Captain and Librarian with all their Upgrades. I haven't played in a while...But I seem to remember a decked out Librarian being pretty frightening.

The 100 Space Marines would consist of an Honour Guard, Devastator Squads, Assault Squads, Scout Squads, and Tactical Squads...all fully upgraded.That gives them a grand assortment of available Weaponry including Assault Cannons, Power Fists, Lascannons, Plasma Cannons, Heavy Bolters, Multi-Melta...etc.

Plus the 5 Terminators. Which could be armed with Cyclone Missile Launchers, Lightning Claws, Heavy Flamers...

dakkad00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In small teams Space Marines win, in full war deployment, Space Marines stomp extremely hard.

Angryprune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Angryprune

@m0ntyb0y said:

I don't know about that

Anal_Vomit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Anal_Vomit

I would like to say that Masterchief solos. .

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By m0ntyb0y

@shawnbaby: Except that military predators (Hydras, Blazers, Vanguards) outclass even terminators. The only thing that poses a significant threat to military predators would be librarians, and those would be very rare. A force of 100 marines would likely have at most 2 or 3.

EDIT: I see the SM are limited to "Terminator Librarian, Terminator Captain, and 5 Terminators". The rest would be standard power armored marines. Military predators stomp.

The Hydra fires swarms of homing missiles with multiple anti-armor plasma warheads that split up mid-flight to hit even more targets

The Blazer's inferno beam is beyond anything Imperial infantry have in 40K. Imagine a melta gun capable of firing a sustained, sweeping, long-range melta beam (rather than just a short-range melta burst). That's what an inferno beam is: a sweeping death beam. On top of that, the Blazer's shoulder-mounted weapons are guided by a computerized targeting system

The Vanguard's plasma scythe has a blade of technobabble "dark plasma", which ignores armor. Upon striking a target, the dark plasma blade causes massive structural damage throughout the target's body via some sort of mass-reactive chain reaction. The Vanguard's killscreen generator intercepts enemy projectiles by annihilating them with streams of anti-matter.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Shawnbaby

@m0ntyb0y said:

@shawnbaby: Except that military predators (Hydras, Blazers, Vanguards) outclass even terminators. The only thing that poses a significant threat to military predators would be librarians, and those would be very rare. A force of 100 marines would likely have at most 2 or 3.

EDIT: I see the SM are limited to "Terminator Librarian, Terminator Captain, and 5 Terminators". The rest would be standard power armored marines. Military predators stomp.

The Hydra fires swarms of homing missiles with multiple anti-armor plasma warheads that split up mid-flight to hit even more targets

The Blazer's inferno beam is beyond anything Imperial infantry have in 40K. Imagine a melta gun capable of firing a sustained, sweeping, long-range melta beam (rather than just a short-range burst)...cuz that's what an inferno beam is. On top of that, the Blazer's shoulder-mounted weapons are guided by a computerized targeting system

The Vanguard's plasma scythe has a blade of technobabble "dark plasma" that ignores armor. Upon striking a target, the dark plasma blade causes massive structural damage throughout the target's body via some sort of mass-reactive chain reaction. The Vanguard's killscreen generator intercepts enemy projectiles by annihilating them with streams of anti-matter.

But then your getting into like vehicles and stuff...and that's not allowed in the OP

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By m0ntyb0y

But then your getting into like vehicles and shit...and that's not allowed in the OP

Blazers, Hydras, and Vanguards are predator infantry equipped with predator military tech

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m0ntyb0y said:

@shawnbaby said:

But then your getting into like vehicles and shit...and that's not allowed in the OP

Blazers, Hydras, and Vanguards are predator infantry equipped with predator military tech

Ah. Cool. I was not aware.

Anyway, If the Predators can bring in all that..I see no reason why The Space Marines could not just field mostly Devastators and eliminate the predators at Long Range.

As to the rest being standard power armoured marines...well...if indeed they are allowed to bring in any gear or weaponry they need...they could all be Terminators.

Also, no Chapter of Space Marine is given...so they could be any...Grey Knights...for example...all of whom have some degree of Psychic Power.

And, well, If we're going by "Fluff" Descriptions...The Librarian could still probably solo. He could just Rip a Huge hole in the Warp.

I think the "anything they need to win" rule should be removed...because it just escalates to a ridiculous point in that case. It would be better if the armies were more specific.