Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Strider1992

Space Marine (40k):

• The Marine as pictured is a member of the Blood Angels Death Company
  • He is equipped with a power sword and plasma pistol. The rest is standard gear (Power armor, frag grenades, auspex etc....)
  • No prep for the Marine or the opposing side
  • 50ft starting distance
  • Win is by Death, KO or Incap

Round 1:

Captain America, Winter Soldier, Black Widow,

Round 2:

Batfamily (members pictured)

Round 3:

Deathstroke and Bane

Round 4:

Wolverine

Round 5:

Spider-man

Round 6:

Nemesis (Wildstorm)

(She cannot use her grenades)

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Pokergeist

Litteraly runs thru (with power sword and Plasma Pistol 0_0 ) everyone till Zealot. IMO he clears.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Strider1992

@CadenceV2 said:

Litteraly runs thru (with power sword and Plasma Pistol 0_0 ) everyone till Zealot. IMO he clears.

Just changed Zealot to Nemesis due to her better durability.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By laflux

@Strider92 said:

@CadenceV2 said:

Just changed Zealot to Nemesis due to her better durability.

TBH I Could make an argument for any one Wolverine up stopping him, although its feasible he could clear.

Standard Morals or Morals off.

Also, given the location and the opponent, I would put Wolverine ahead of Spider-Man in the gauntlet.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Strider1992

@laflux: Everyone including the Marine is standard Morals.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By laflux

@Strider92 said:

@laflux: Everyone including the Marine is standard Morals.

Okay, the first 2 are self-explanatory and round 3 should be easy, as the Marine is stronger than both, and apart from armour, Slade isn't as impressive as his Pre-52 counterpart. Wolverine, as I said before should be ahead of Spider-Man in the gauntlet due to better durability and the fact that the area isn't arboreal and devoid of heavy items which would suit Spider-Man. I doubt that Logan is that much slower than the Marine in combat speed, which is how the battle is going to be played out in the arena, and has ridiculous damage soak, and he could dodge the blasts. His claws negate the marine good durability- I know Kharn is better than a normal marine, but he was taking hundred tonner blows wasn't he? Spider-Man can win via incap (especially with magnetic webbing) as well, although I think going H2H is a bad idea, as though Spider-Man going by feats is much stronger, the Marine's durability renders that less useful. This is reinforced by the fact that Spider-Man has morals on, so will be pulling his punches.The arena again hampers arboreal movement and they are no heavy items or buildings for Spider-Man to pin him with, so BFR (which isn't allowed according to OP, even though its in an arena lowl) and Incap are is best bets.

As for the last round, Nemesis in terms of Powers, is a bit like taking Wolverine Skill and combat speed, Spider-Man's agility and reflexes (W/O Spider-Sense), and finding a middle ground between their Speed, strength and durability. She could win as well.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Pokergeist

@laflux: Its only due to the Power Sword that Wolverine cant stop him at all. Its the equivalant to Nemesis Blades. It will cut thru Wolverines Adamantium on the Molecular Level.

Same for Spidey Web. The Marine has a Plasma Pistol that will burn away any webbing and Power Sword whos Energy field cuts the Webbing on contact with no movment needed. Added to this is the ACID SPIT the Marine has. He can spit and chew thru the Webbing everytime.

Spiderman cant win period since the Marine has 3 ways of negating Webs and just as good Combat Speed, Healing Factor, Steel Bones, and Insane Skill.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Strider1992

@laflux: The only reason Wolverine is below Spider-man here is due to his in-character behavior of choosing to take damage rather than dodge it. Bullets wouldn't be a problem but tanking plasma rounds is not a good idea consider those things burn through Terminator armor and tanks in the 40k-verse quite easily.

Plasma Weapons make use of hydrogen fuel suspended in a liquid state in either fuel flasks or backpack containers. As the fuel is fed into the miniature fusion core inside the weapon, the hydrogen energises into the plasma state of matter which is held in the core by powerful magnetic containment fields. When fired, the fields dilate open and the plasma is ejected via a linear magnetic accelerator as a bolt of superheated matter akin to a solar flare in appearance and temperature.
-description of 40k plasma weapons

Spider-man is only the round-up because his MO would not be to try and tank these but dodge them.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By laflux

@CadenceV2 said:

@laflux: Its only due to the Power Sword that Wolverine cant stop him at all. Its the equivalant to Nemesis Blades. It will cut thru Wolverines Adamantium on the Molecular Level.

Same for Spidey Web. The Marine has a Plasma Pistol that will burn away any webbing and Power Sword whos Energy field cuts the Webbing on contact with no movment needed. Added to this is the ACID SPIT the Marine has. He can spit and chew thru the Webbing everytime.

Spiderman cant win period since the Marine has 3 ways of negating Webs and just as good Combat Speed, Healing Factor, Steel Bones, and Insane Skill.

Would his acid breath burn through acid webbing ?

@Strider92 said:

@laflux: The only reason Wolverine is below Spider-man here is due to his in-character behavior of choosing to take damage rather than dodge it. Bullets wouldn't be a problem but tanking plasma rounds is not a good idea consider those things burn through Terminator armor and tanks in the 40k-verse quite easily.

Plasma Weapons make use of hydrogen fuel suspended in a liquid state in either fuel flasks or backpack containers. As the fuel is fed into the miniature fusion core inside the weapon, the hydrogen energises into the plasma state of matter which is held in the core by powerful magnetic containment fields. When fired, the fields dilate open and the plasma is ejected via a linear magnetic accelerator as a bolt of superheated matter akin to a solar flare in appearance and temperature.

Spider-man is only the round-up because his MO would not be to try and tank these but dodge them.

BFR out of the arena allowed then?

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Floopay

Space Marine destroys everybody up to Spiderman. He should eventually take Spiderman, but it'll be a good fight. I dunno enough about Nemesis to make a comment.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

ChaosMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ChaosMarvel

@Floopay said:

Space Marine destroys everybody up to Spiderman. He should eventually take Spiderman, but it'll be a good fight. I dunno enough about Nemesis to make a comment.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

This. Spider-man would give the Marine trouble due to his agility. The Eldar often use this advantage. Spider-man could also incap the SM using webbing. However The Marine is equally likely to win if he gets close enough. This is a 50/50 situation imo. This is a Death Company Marine? His Black Rage infection could the turning point on Spider-man. I remember in a Space Marine novel it took 3 Space Marines to subdue a Blood Angel who was in the Black Rage. Nemesis would probably win however. I've seen scans of her here and her forcefield, that sword that cuts anything and her speed would probably swing her the win. It would be a very blood battle though.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Strider1992

@CadenceV2 said:

Though i'd just point out that the Marine does have his helmet in this scenario. Not that that changes anything else you said lol.

Avatar image for amazingscrewonhead
AmazingScrewOnHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FOR THE EMPEROR! Space marine cuts his way through with some difficulty. I would rank Wolverine above spiderman since he is alot tougher and more dangerous.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Strider1992

@AmazingScrewOnHead: I did consider that intially but explained my reasoning behind it here:

@Strider92 said:

The only reason Wolverine is below Spider-man here is due to his in-character behavior of choosing to take damage rather than dodge it. Bullets wouldn't be a problem but tanking plasma rounds is not a good idea consider those things burn through Terminator armor and tanks in the 40k-verse quite easily.

Avatar image for amazingscrewonhead
AmazingScrewOnHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Strider92: Hmm i missed that sorry, I doubt spidey could dish out as much hurt as Wolverine but he will certianly last longer.