• Heal ad refresh between rounds
Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

Stormtroopers should be where 4 is, the B2s should be 1, Rancor 3 and Droidekas should be 2.

Frankly though it doesn’t matter because I’m sure the SM clears up to Durge, from what I’ve seen a SM is ridiculously powerful.

firefly894

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Boba who solos

And Boba should be above Durge, not quite sure if 10 magnaguards are actually > delta squad or not

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 82

@cheth said:

Stops at Boba who solos

And Boba should be above Durge, not quite sure if 10 magnaguards are actually > delta squad or not

I really can't see that. Boba's good, but he isn't Durge good.

And yes, the Space Marine stops at Durge or clears. A Sister of Battle or Tempestus Scion running the Gauntlet would be more fair.

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aristeaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheth said:

@shroudofsorrow: Boba beat Durge as a teenager in a few seconds

Except, he didn't really. Context.

Not only could Boba not really do anything to Durge, Durge ended up winning the real goal, which was killing Libkath, a bounty they both had.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 82

@Aristeaus: Yeah, and even if Boba as a teen had won legitimately, it would be an obvious PIS showing.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Wolfrazer  Online

@shroudofsorrow: @Aristeaus: Even moreso moreso, it was noted Durge was slower. Though frankly, reading it, it really just sounds like the author didn't know who Durge was.

El_mago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clears

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Aristeaus said:

@cheth said:

@shroudofsorrow: Boba beat Durge as a teenager in a few seconds

Not only could Boba not really do anything to Durge, Durge ended up winning the real goal, which was killing Libkath, a bounty they both had.

Aristeaus and myself don't usually agree, but this is one of them. In a straight up fight Durge wastes boba and there is literally nothing boba could do about it.

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@merulezall: @wolfrazer: @shroudofsorrow: @Aristeaus:

This part is for Wolf specifically: before we go into another month-long debate in which we never agree anyways, do you think its possible for me to change your mind on the matter?

Now for everyone:

The context was that Durge charged an unprepared and unarmed massively pre-prime boba and lost.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Not only could Boba not really do anything to Durge

Durge ended up blinded and with a rod through his chest despite previously mentioned advantages. Boba got hit once and only after turning his attention to Jabba. Boba also heavily outpaced Durge here.

Durge ended up winning the real goal, which was killing Libkath, a bounty they both had.

Durge killed him, but only because Boba dodged the shot meant for him and Libkath stood by him. And while Durge ended up exploding, Boba ended with the bounty and the true winner:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Yeah, and even if Boba as a teen had won legitimately, it would be an obvious PIS showing.

Durge consistently loses to early CW Kenobi and Anakin. early Teen Boba has comparisons suggesting equality or superiority to Anakin, stalemated Mace Windu/gave him a great fight, and outperformed ROTS Kenobi. If anything its PIS that Durge could even tag Boba once.

it was noted Durge was slower

And he was then put to fight pit animals specifically to regain his speed, yet still was incapable of tagging Boba even once in their next two encounters:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Though frankly, reading it, it really just sounds like the author didn't know who Durge was.

They repeatedly say he's an incredible and strong bounty hunter, as well as reference his hatred for mandalorians and Jango multiple times, far more so than any other content he has appeared in combined. This is completely false.

No Caption Provided

TL:DR

Boba is repeatedly shown and said to be faster, and consistently outplays/outperforms him. This is while unarmed and on his first bounty ever. He consistently is shown to be on the level of stronger versions of characters Durge struggles/loses to, and to characters superior to those (Mace).

Thats teenage Boba with mediocre gear for a mandalorian, and roughly half the gear Durge has (except for the times he beat durge with none).

Now imagine prime Boba, with multiple times the gear, explosives that can blow up capitol ships, multiple pieces of gear that bypass durability altogether, much more experience, training and skill. What case can be made for Durge to even beat a fully equipped kid boba, much less prime?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Wolfrazer  Online

@cheth: By not knowing who he is, I was referring to his species and physicals which as I recall weren’t mentioned, other than he was large but that doesn’t mean a whole lot.

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cheth

@cheth: By not knowing who he is, I was referring to his species and physicals which as I recall weren’t mentioned, other than he was large but that doesn’t mean a whole lot.

I specifically showed a scan referencing his physical strength. As for species, why would the author (who makes multiple connections to other stories even ones as obscure as the Dark reaper) just randomly not know? Thats baseless. Mace's species was not mentioned in later novels either, does that mean he could be a rodian in the context of the novels? No, it just doesn't have to be mentioned. And why would Boba even know what a gen'dai is considering how rare they are?

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol at the clearing, they stop at Boba/Jango, hard stop at rounds above as well

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

@cheth: Incredibly strong doesn’t mean a whole lot. A human can be incredibly strong as well. But I don’t know the authors other works or I’m just misremembering as I haven’t reread in a while. Obviously not on Mace’s part, we know he’s a human type.

I’m not saying Boba himself has to know, but a 3rd person narrative could. But regardless, this is all moot point, Durge is certainly above the Fetts in terms of physicals and regeneration which helps in this case against the SM. The latter moreso.

But frankly from what I’ve read around here about SMs, it doesn’t matter where anyone is because they’ll clear. Unless what I’ve been seeing is complete wank for the 40K verse all this time, but from my understanding they can be ridiculously broken.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

Could see an argument for stopping at Boba. The EU version of course.

Aristeaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheth said:

TL:DR

Boba is repeatedly shown and said to be faster, and consistently outplays/outperforms him. This is while unarmed and on his first bounty ever. He consistently is shown to be on the level of stronger versions of characters Durge struggles/loses to, and to characters superior to those (Mace).

Thats teenage Boba with mediocre gear for a mandalorian, and roughly half the gear Durge has (except for the times he beat durge with none).

Now imagine prime Boba, with multiple times the gear, explosives that can blow up capitol ships, multiple pieces of gear that bypass durability altogether, much more experience, training and skill. What case can be made for Durge to even beat a fully equipped kid boba, much less prime?

No, just no. Durge is much faster.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

“Whoever fails will be given to Durge as a reward,” the droid continued. “That is how he keeps his reflexes keen. He practices upon living prey. That is why he is the greatest bounty hunter here.”

Boba stared back into the droid’s eyes. He shook his head. “Durge is the greatest bounty hunter?” he said, thinking of what his father might say. “Well, I think it’s time for a change!”

Boba’s words sounded braver than he felt. But the droid did not notice.

~ Boba Fett: Hunted Chapter 18

Boba was severely outclassed by Mace, and Mace gave him SEVERAL opportunities to surrender.

Durge beat Kit Fisto and Plo Koon at the same time.

As for having a rod in his chest, it literally means nothing. Blinding Durge is interesting, because... after all... Boba was defeated by a blind man... in his prime.

El_mago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

boba defeated durge fair and square on his own novels dont really get why people consider it a PIS Showing when the guy has shown what he is capable of

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@el_mago: @Aristeaus: @wolfrazer:

boba defeated durge fair and square on his own novels dont really get why people consider it a PIS Showing when the guy has shown what he is capable of

Underrating Boba is sadly something 99% of the SW community does lol

Incredibly strong doesn’t mean a whole lot. A human can be incredibly strong as well.

Boba at the time is regularly fighting gamorreans and noghri unarmed. Incredibly strong definitively does not refer to random humans.

Obviously not on Mace’s part, we know he’s a human type.

How do we know that the author knows though? You're claiming anything not explicitly mentioned is something the author does not know when writing the novel.

I’m not saying Boba himself has to know, but a 3rd person narrative could.

But why is mentioning it a necessity? This is incredibly flawed logic, and would restrict every piece of content exclusively to the thing its written in. Following this Anakin isn't even the chosen one in every content that does not explicitly mention it.

Durge is certainly above the Fetts in terms of physicals and regeneration

Well Fetts do not have regen so thats not really a great accomplishment...

As for physicals as evident and soon to be repeated, Boba's far superior in speed. He also has better armour hence better durability. The only thing you can argue is strength.

which helps in this case against the SM.

Durge's only possible advantage over SMs is better regen. Boba has greater flexibility, much better and wider range of gear, is smarter, and is more skilled. Durge would be fighting a slugfest he can't win with a SM, Boba is just fighting a physically stronger opponent, which wouldn't be the first time.

You refer to Durge fighting mid-level councilars, massively pre-prime Kenobi and Anakin, and no-name jedi, to prove that Durge > Boba who fights ROTS Kenobi, base Windu, and other high tier forceusers.

You don't even explain how the feats you spam prove Durge is faster or better.

Boba was severely outclassed by Mace, and Mace gave him SEVERAL opportunities to surrender.

Boba landed multiple hits and severly injured Mace, despite himself having one injured arm before the fight even began, and fighting in an unfamiliar enviroment. Mace gave him two opportunities to surrender, but also repeatedly noted that he was willing and trying to kill him:

"He had me!" Boba lunged at Mace. The Jedi fell back, overwhelmed by the young man's rage and power. "And now I'll have you!" KRACK! A flechette smashed against Mace's shoulder. The Jedi reeled backward. His hand reached for his lightsaber. But before he could touch it Boba struck again, this time the other shoulder. And again! KRACK! KRACK! With each alternate blow the Jedi fell back. In a moment, Boba would have him pinioned against the wall. And then - he'd go for the kill! "I had no choice!" Mace's voice was deep, unafraid. Without warning he leaped, springing past Boba as he drew his lightsaber. "Just as you're giving me no choice now!"

[...]

The lightsaber struck again! But this time Boba was ready. Or so he thought. Mace's violet blur sliced the flechette pistol cleanly out of his hand. Blinding indigo light flared as Mace Windu drew back, arm raised for another blow. Before he could strike, Boba drew his dagger with his free hand and charged. The dagger ripped through Mace's robes. The Jedi twisted, avoiding the blade. But Boba's fist followed, smashing into the Jedi's ribs. Mace staggered to one side. Before he could dodge, Boba was on him!

And finally:

Boba was defeated by a blind man... in his prime.

Concession accepted.

Avatar image for mordhauextreme1
MordhauExtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Space Marine steamrolls up until Durge tbh

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

@cheth: A moot point, also better durability I guess I can give since Boba would have a full Beskar'gam set in his prime. But again, would that all translate as being able to fight a SM? Cause what I've seen, these guys are pretty ridiculous in terms of everything and I'm not seeing Boba soloing. As far as speed, I'm gonna ask, are you referring to physical speed or with gear? Cause Boba's speed is more thanks to his jetpack in that quote you put forth and the 2nd time, Durge had to slow down. A fit teenager isn't gonna be outrunning a speeder on foot, I doubt a fit male would either.

Also I'm not underrating Boba at all, I never even got into the whole thing, all I'm saying, is that I'm not sure this SM is stopping anywhere on this list.

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer:

A moot point

Fair, the way they're put up on the rankings is ultimatively not relevant to the OT

Also I'm not underrating Boba at all, I never even got into the whole thing,

Refering to people saying Durge > Boba, but yeah this is more about SMs vs Durge or Boba

Cause Boba's speed is more thanks to his jetpack in that quote you put forth

In their first and third fight Boba evades Durge without (first time he didn't even have one)

But again, would that all translate as being able to fight a SM? Cause what I've seen, these guys are pretty ridiculous in terms of everything and I'm not seeing Boba soloing

They're ridicolous even for supersoldiers yes, and should be stronger and faster than Boba. But Boba consistently fights physically superior opponents so he has experience with it, has gear capable of damaging space marines (while space marines would not easily penetrate his armour - although repeated bolter fire might), and he's far more tactical and skilled.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

@cheth: Are we sure SW weapons can even penetrate the SM armor? I mean sure Boba has squared against those who are physical superior, but they weren't as crazy as a SM from what I've seen floating about in regards to 40K SM, nor having some beefy gear as Boba's opponents more or less have what Boba has in terms of offensive output anyway. Well relative I mean, IE: Blasters and the like.

Bolter weapons from what I gather, can be pretty crazy and even if they can't penetrate through Beskar'gam, physics are still a thing and can be damaging as well.

I mean from what I've seen, severed limbs and the like on SM are considered 'minor' injuries at best. That and their bolters are seeming more like explosive rocket launchers, considering the size of a SM and thus their Bolters, I'm kinda wondering if Boba would even be able to take more than maybe a couple of rounds at best.

Aristeaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheth said:

You refer to Durge fighting mid-level councilars, massively pre-prime Kenobi and Anakin, and no-name jedi, to prove that Durge > Boba who fights ROTS Kenobi, base Windu, and other high tier forceusers.

You don't even explain how the feats you spam prove Durge is faster or better.

Boba landed multiple hits and severly injured Mace, despite himself having one injured arm before the fight even began, and fighting in an unfamiliar enviroment. Mace gave him two opportunities to surrender, but also repeatedly noted that he was willing and trying to kill him:

"He had me!" Boba lunged at Mace. The Jedi fell back, overwhelmed by the young man's rage and power. "And now I'll have you!" KRACK! A flechette smashed against Mace's shoulder. The Jedi reeled backward. His hand reached for his lightsaber. But before he could touch it Boba struck again, this time the other shoulder. And again! KRACK! KRACK! With each alternate blow the Jedi fell back. In a moment, Boba would have him pinioned against the wall. And then - he'd go for the kill! "I had no choice!" Mace's voice was deep, unafraid. Without warning he leaped, springing past Boba as he drew his lightsaber. "Just as you're giving me no choice now!"

[...]

The lightsaber struck again! But this time Boba was ready. Or so he thought. Mace's violet blur sliced the flechette pistol cleanly out of his hand. Blinding indigo light flared as Mace Windu drew back, arm raised for another blow. Before he could strike, Boba drew his dagger with his free hand and charged. The dagger ripped through Mace's robes. The Jedi twisted, avoiding the blade. But Boba's fist followed, smashing into the Jedi's ribs. Mace staggered to one side. Before he could dodge, Boba was on him!

And finally:

Boba was defeated by a blind man... in his prime.

Concession accepted.

You are like the king of choosing what to post as evidence and ignoring all forms of context.

Firstly, after the final chance to surrender Boba raised his pistol again in order to force Mace to kill him. He knew he couldn't win, he even admitted that he had no chance internally. At no point was Mace actually trying to kill Boba. Hell, Mace even caught his saberdart between his fingers.

Boba has never replicated any of the feats Durge has. Durge is stronger, more durable, and faster. I gave you exact panels showing this. You haven't given us anything other then a fight where Mace is clearly not trying to kill the kid, and also very clearly outclassed.

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Aristeaus:

You are like the king of choosing what to post as evidence and ignoring all forms of context.

Its clear you realise you're not succeeding in your arguments when you have to resort to slander.

At no point was Mace actually trying to kill Boba.

Mace repeatedly states he's trying to kill him:

"I had no choice!" Mace's voice was deep, unafraid. Without warning he leaped, springing past Boba as he drew his lightsaber. "Just as you're giving me no choice now!"

[...]

"You leave me no choice!" Mace cried.

And explicitly gives strikes intented to kill, including a strike to the head

The lightsaber crashed against his head. Not even his helmet could absorb the blow.

[...]

He stepped toward Boba, his lightsaber poised to strike.

Who's missing context now?

Boba has never replicated any of the feats Durge has.

You're right, he hasn't. To replicate any of Durge's feats Boba would have to hold back severly and lower himself to his level. Where Durge loses or has to ambush early Kenobi/Anakin, Boba outperforms Anakin, ROTS Kenobi, and Mace Windu, as a teenager

I gave you exact panels showing this.

You showed panels of him fighting Kenobi and Anakin, both who he had to ambush, and the latter which he got stomped by anyways. You didn't even say how these feats relate to Boba.

You haven't given us anything

I've given you three seperate encounters between Boba and Durge, all of which Boba proves superior, despite being on his first proper bounty. And since you ignore them (which I assume is because you can't counter them), I will once again accept your concession. Don't see the need to respond until you adress them either.

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer:

Cause what I've seen, these guys are pretty ridiculous in terms of everything

they are, but note they also get consistently mega-hyped alot so be careful what arguments you buy.

Are we sure SW weapons can even penetrate the SM armor?

Boba's strongest missiles and if need be his lightsaber (though thats not exactly his weapon of choice) most likely could.

nor having some beefy gear as Boba's opponents more or less have what Boba has in terms of offensive output anyway.

They have mega-beefy gear yes but their armour is weaker and none of their offensive weapons could easily breach his.

Bolter weapons from what I gather, can be pretty crazy and even if they can't penetrate through Beskar'gam, physics are still a thing and can be damaging as well.

They're incredible weapons yes, but note that Boba has consistently tanked similarly powerful missiles before.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Wolfrazer  Online

@cheth: When has Boba took a missile directly? I know that he was shot at by a missile, but from what I recall it didn’t directly hit him and he was later covered in rubble from a wall? Ceiling? Can’t remember.

You sure their armor is weak? Plus again I feel as if it’s kinda telling that severed limbs for them are minor injuries at best. That and don’t they have regeneration themselves?

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer:

It appears to be heading directly for him, but its fair if you don't agree on that point, as i can see how you could think otherwise:

No Caption Provided

You sure their armor is weak?

Its not at all weak. Not even confident that a lightsaber could properly cut it. Its just inferior to beskar.

Plus again I feel as if it’s kinda telling that severed limbs for them are minor injuries at best.

It is, and they even have more organs than regular humans. But they're not immortal. They have consistently died to stabs, decapitations and projectiles (very op projectiles ofc.)

That and don’t they have regeneration themselves?

They have great regen for injuries/wounds but can't regen limbs

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MErulezall

@cheth: Awesome post man. I think for canon at least I'll say Boba's is far more impressive as a child and so on than in Legends, just from reading everything. However again idk how Boba's suppose to by pass Durge's regen which I dont think the author understood. Obi Wan for example made Durge explode via force, yet Durge was not dead. Anakin and Obi Wan were also engaged in Durge in a heavy fight and Durge had no issue laying down the beat down. I'd like to note they tried several things such as explosions and their sabers, but to no avail did it really work. It took them to BFR Durge into the sun in order to put him down. I don't see boba taking Durge on in a random encounter with standard gear.

Boba is smarter by far, but if I had to fight one of the two with lets just say a pistol my chances of killing Boba fett is higher due to the fact on avg Durge is jsut as tanky, yet has health regen.

Regardless thanks for showing some feats as to why you believe Boba is above Durge though as these are newer feats that i'm up to par with.

As for the SM vs Boba argument

@wolfrazer almost none of Boba's gear is going to matter much outside of his rocket, but we can sit here and say the SM is more than capable of tanking it because lesser ones have tanked far worse. SM's weapons should hurt boba as the impact alone would be more than enough to shatter bones and so on.

Boba has fought tougher foes sure, but usually those tougher foes are outsmarted or Boba has prep for the most part.

@kaijuking thoughts?

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@merulezall: Well regarding regen thats a fair question, how could Boba kill someone with as crazy regen as Durge?

Well for one in the novels where boba and durge fought Boba never did anything which would actually trigger regen. He blinded him and stabbed him through the chest with a metal pole he didn't remove. The next two times he avoided his attacks until he acchieved his goal (1st was gaining distance, 2nd was freeing slaves, stealing their targets hat and causing Durge to hit explosives in the area.). In a pure hand to hand conflict, especially when still a child/early teen (he's 11 or 12), he could of course not kill Durge.

And with just a blaster in an open area you're also right. It would be difficult for boba to win.

But when we then imagine prime boba, who's faster, smarter and more skilled than kid boba who's already capable of using those things to beat Durge, and the fact that prime Boba has blasters, missiles and rockets far above average capacity, and that he has multiple ways to take down opponents without doing damage (he has multiple incapitating pieces of equipment), Durge would be far outmatched IMO.

Also note that while he seems invincible, Durge's regen can be taxed. Mandalorians with inferior gear than boba damaged Durge to the point he had to bury himself for a century to recover. After being beaten by Grievous he also needed bacta treatment. And even his own explosions caused his regen to become strained, and boba's are far stronger. Gen'dai are also confirmed to be capable of sustaining "too many injuries", and boba has enough gear to supply multiple armies.

Durge was able to escape the Mandalorians, and retreated to parts unknown to hibernate and recover. It took nearly a century to undo the damage the Mandalorians wrought.

No Caption Provided

Should a Gen'Dai sustain too many injuries, they are capable of entering into extended periods of hibernation, during which they can heal wounds, recover from disease, and slow the aging process.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheth:

Well regarding regen thats a fair question, how could Boba kill someone with as crazy regen as Durge?

Yes...yes.... let's dig in deep. :)

Well for one in the novels where boba and durge fought Boba never did anything which would actually trigger regen. He blinded him and stabbed him through the chest with a metal pole he didn't remove. The next two times he avoided his attacks until he acchieved his goal (1st was gaining distance, 2nd was freeing slaves, stealing their targets hat and causing Durge to hit explosives in the area.). In a pure hand to hand conflict, especially when still a child/early teen (he's 11 or 12), he could of course not kill Durge.

(underlined)

Was Durge wearing armor or no? I only ask because his armor was blaster resistant as shown down below,

https://gfycat.com/kaleidoscopicgiddyichthyostega

Even his skin was capable of resisting this as well,

https://gfycat.com/considerateshortantarcticgiantpetrel

We also know explosions and lava didn't have any effect on him either as shown down below,

Explosions,

https://gfycat.com/grimcorruptichthyosaurs

https://i.imgur.com/kvtXRnp.png

https://i.imgur.com/jM1k2c8.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/yZnDioO.jpeg

Lava,

https://i.imgur.com/TAW1e8S.png

https://i.imgur.com/9BnIBI2.png

Lastly, let's assume that doesn't matter much and go for more of a piercing aspect. Obi wan went full force at Durge and Durge suffered nothing from Obi Wan's lance,

https://gfycat.com/esteemedpossiblegermanshorthairedpointer

So right there is kinda questionable. Not on your end but as someone had already stated. I don't think the author of this book understood just how stronk Durge really is.

(Italic)

Of course, and that's my argument. Even as an adult I don't give Boba the W in pure H2H either. Durge was tanking this as shown down below,

https://i.imgur.com/WChZNZQ.png

https://i.imgur.com/SV1iZbe.png

https://i.imgur.com/gxymhYg.png

https://i.imgur.com/o1Q9aOO.png

I dont see even adult Boba coming anywhere close to the same as General G back when General G was an actual threat not some 7/11 chump who jobs to everyone. Mind you Durge was able to answer a question that was asked of him as well. General G had been fighting both Ventress and Durge before this scene as well.

I do believe if we went by strictly canon lore, there's no reason for Boba to lose to Durge, but Durge doesn't have many canon feats if any at all since he was replaced by Cad Bane at least in the show. However, although the OP doesnt say canon or legends. I'll be arguing for legends Durge.

And with just a blaster in an open area you're also right. It would be difficult for boba to win.

I'd say almost near impossible as well due to what I've shown up above. Especially if they both only had blasters.

But when we then imagine prime boba, who's faster, smarter and more skilled than kid boba who's already capable of using those things to beat Durge, and the fact that prime Boba has blasters, missiles and rockets far above average capacity, and that he has multiple ways to take down opponents without doing damage (he has multiple incapitating pieces of equipment), Durge would be far outmatched IMO.

Let's note again, prime Boba with a pistol vs Durge with a pistol. The results are indeed the same. Without his backpack missile launcher hopefully one shotting Durge. Its highly unlikely that Boba would take the lead from what I've shown up above.

Once more we're talking standard gear though and only standard gear. I'd imagine a prime Boba wouldn't be stupid enough to not bring the necessary tools to win in a prepped fight in which I have no problem saying Boba out shines Durge in both prep and weaponry as well.

Also note that while he seems invincible, Durge's regen can be taxed. Mandalorians with inferior gear than boba damaged Durge to the point he had to bury himself for a century to recover. After being beaten by Grievous he also needed bacta treatment. And even his own explosions caused his regen to become strained, and boba's are far stronger. Gen'dai are also confirmed to be capable of sustaining "too many injuries", and boba has enough gear to supply multiple armies.

This is all true, but from feats up above Durge was tanking a lot more than what Boba had to offer aside from his backpack missile launcher due to the explosions shown up above. His armor was damaged by all those bombs and his face, but the dude still fought on as well and even though his regen can be taxed, its still known that anakin and obi wan weren't going to chance just arresting the dude or submit him into custody as well even if they wanted to.

As for the Mandos feat I do believe that is canon in which case once more I'm not arguing for canon durge, but for legends durge. I do believe legend's Durge his healing tax would prolly be superior to that from what we got from his canon version. Just due to explosions, lava, etc.

Just read the scan. I'd like to note Dooku has said they have suffered worse; especially Durge. Question I think that should be asked is why they were put into the tanks, not simply for the regen, but did Dooku want them to recover quicker for more missions or were they just seriously that injured. Once more though as I showed up above Durge was tanking some decent hits before and General G in legends was no joke either.

As for Anakin's scan, that makes sense and is made clear. However, Durge was suffering some serious damage before that as well from Anakin and Obi wan.

@cheth: When has Boba took a missile directly? I know that he was shot at by a missile, but from what I recall it didn’t directly hit him and he was later covered in rubble from a wall? Ceiling? Can’t remember.

You sure their armor is weak? Plus again I feel as if it’s kinda telling that severed limbs for them are minor injuries at best. That and don’t they have regeneration themselves?

Has Boba ever tanked anything on this level,

Plasma Cannon

Plasma weapons are deadly, both to their targets and to those that risk using them. Plasma weapons fire a plasma 'bolt' that explodes on impact, generating the destructive heat of a small sun. Because of the deadly energies contained within them, plasma guns are prone to misfire and overheating.

Warhammer 40k SM 5th Codex

I just realized the Space Marine has a plasma pistol.

Aristeaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Aristeaus
@cheth said:

@Aristeaus:

Its clear you realise you're not succeeding in your arguments when you have to resort to slander.

Realize*, and no, you are just posting specific excerpts.

Mace repeatedly states he's trying to kill him:

And explicitly gives strikes intented to kill, including a strike to the head

Who's missing context now?

You still.

“And his pistol was aimed directly at Mace's chest.

"I've waited a long time for this, Jedi Windu - but I'm not waiting anymore!"

Boba fired. The flechette's missile tore through the air. A nanosecond later it burst open. Hundreds of deadly projectiles spun out.

Faster than thought, Mace Windu leaped aside. The missiles exploded against the wall.

"Who are you?" Mace Windu shouted.

Boba fired again. Another starburst of flechettes exploded through the room.

Again, the Jedi was too fast.

"On Geonosis, you murdered a warrior named Jango Fett," Boba said.

FFFFAAMM! He fired again!

"Jango Fett was my father."

"Your father?" Mace raced from the barrage of flechettes. "He had no son! Only clones - "

"He had me!" Boba lunged at Mace. The Jedi fell back, overwhelmed by the young man's rage and power. "And now I'll have you!"

KRACK!

A flechette smashed against Mace's shoulder. The Jedi reeled backward. His hand reached for his lightsaber. But before he could touch it Boba struck again, this time the other shoulder. And again!

KRACK! KRACK!

With each alternate blow the Jedi fell back. In a moment, Boba would have him pinioned against the wall. And then - he'd go for the kill!

"I had no choice!" Mace's voice was deep, unafraid. Without warning he leaped, springing past Boba as he drew his lightsaber. "Just as you're giving me no choice now!"

The lightsaber glowed deep violet. Its hum filled the room, and Mace Windu swung - and struck! PAM!

Boba staggered back. The lightsaber had skimmed his armor. He recovered immediately, darting off. Mace followed, his robes billowing behind him.

PAM!

The lightsaber struck again!

But this time Boba was ready. Or so he thought. Mace's violet blur sliced the flechette pistol cleanly out of his hand. Blinding indigo light flared as Mace Windu drew back, arm raised for another blow.

Before he could strike, Boba drew his dagger with his free hand and charged.

The dagger ripped through Mace's robes. The Jedi twisted, avoiding the blade.

But Boba's fist followed, smashing into the Jedi's ribs.

"Ah - !"

Mace staggered to one side. Before he could dodge, Boba was on him!

BAM!

Boba lunged the dagger at Mace's head - but the Jedi was too fast! He dropped and rolled, jumping to his feet. The lightsaber rose and fell - And struck.

"Agh!" Boba cried out as the glowing blade smashed against his shoulder. Pain arced through him. Blood seeped from the grievous wound.

"Surrender!" commanded Mace Windu. "Surrender, and I promise you'll receive fair treatment!"

"Surrender?" Boba hesitated, feigning doubt. Unseen he shoved the dagger into his belt, then reached for a cryo-ban grenade.

"You have my word," Mace continued.

"And you have my hatred!" Boba screamed. He fired the grenade! Mace leaped, seeming to fly above Boba's head.

BRRAAANG! Boba flung himself away from the freezing blast. Waves of numbing cold rushed past him as the cryo-blast absorbed heat. The cold could not penetrate Boba's body armor. But Mace Windu had no body armor. The Jedi stumbled, nearly falling as the frigid waves sapped him of energy. Boba picked up his flechette pistol. He towered above the fallen Jedi.He fired.

FAM! Blinding pain lanced Boba's arm as Mace Windu's Lightsaber struck.

"No!" Boba cried. In agony, Boba fell. He rolled, trying to get to his feet.

FAM! The lightsaber crashed against his head. Not even his helmet could absorb the blow. Boba shouted with pain and fury, striking blindly at the figure above him.

"I don't want to kill you," said Mace Windu grimly. "Surrender, or die."

"Never." He swung his dagger. The Jedi's weapon knocked the dagger blade aside.

"You leave me no choice!" Mace cried.

Boba stumbled to his feet. Blood streamed from his wounds. The dagger lay useless and out of reach. And his blasters were on Slave I. But he still had the saberdart. He slid his hand toward his utility belt. His fingers slipped into the familiar configuration of his palm shooter. The poisonous dart was loaded into it. He had only one shot. I won't miss this time. He raised his hand. Mace Windu was just meters away. Boba stared at the Jedi, summoning all his strength. All his hatred. His thumb pressed the trigger. The dart sang from the palm shooter like an enraged hornet. It spun, glittering, through the air, straight for Mace Windu's throat.

I got him! Boba's mind sang in triumph. Mace Windu flinched. His hand shot into the air. Between his fingers the saberdart shivered like a trapped insect.

"No!" groaned Boba. Mace Windu flung the deadly dart into the shadows. He stepped toward Boba, his lightsaber poised to strike. Boba Fett was cornered.

"This is my final offer of surrender," said the Jedi Master.

"No," said Boba in a low voice. He would never surrender. The Jedi took another step toward him. Boba thought of his friends back on Tatooine. Good-bye, Ygabba. Good-bye, Gab'borah. I'll miss you. He thought of his father, fighting until the very last. Boba lifted his head and stared fearlessly at Mace Windu.

"There are worse things than death," the bounty hunter said, raising his flechette pistol.

"There are," the Jedi replied in his powerful voice. "You are brave indeed, stranger. I would have spared your life. But now you leave me no choice - "

His raised his arms. The glowing light blade tore through the air.

"STOP!"

This is the entire fight. Mace saying he has "no choice" does not indicate he is trying to kill him, only that he has to fight him, something he wasn't trying to do at first, by instead dodging flechette rounds.

You don't say "You give me no choice", indicating trying to kill someone, then give them several ( Three, btw ) opportunities to surrender. That is the context you are missing.

This entire fight it is painfully obvious that Boba had no chance. Mace was referred to too fast 3 times, including being faster then thought itself. One of those times was after he was hit with a Cyroban Grenade, and still it wasn't enough to prevent him from blitzing Boba, showing you just how much Mace was holding back. Not to mention Boba had prep here, it was what he was preparing for since his fathers death.

Also, this particular part came right after the Lightsaber to the helmet you specifically quoted:

"I don't want to kill you," said Mace Windu grimly. "Surrender, or die."

But yeah, keep clinging to your Boba Fett headcannon.

You're right, he hasn't. To replicate any of Durge's feats Boba would have to hold back severly and lower himself to his level. Where Durge loses or has to ambush early Kenobi/Anakin, Boba outperforms Anakin, ROTS Kenobi, and Mace Windu, as a teenager

Again, he did not out preform literally anyone on that list. Just as the Mace fight, you are missing a whole lot of context, or just flat out lying to yourself.

You showed panels of him fighting Kenobi and Anakin, both who he had to ambush, and the latter which he got stomped by anyways. You didn't even say how these feats relate to Boba.

You have pick and chose specific quotes from a fight to try and make your own beliefs make sense, while ignoring the context. You have no posted anything that make anyone here actually believe it.

I've given you three seperate encounters between Boba and Durge, all of which Boba proves superior, despite being on his first proper bounty. And since you ignore them (which I assume is because you can't counter them), I will once again accept your concession. Don't see the need to respond until you adress them either.

You have not. You posted one encounter between Boba and Durge, and what you posted does not prove he is superior. How about the part where Durge literally forced him to retreat? Or the part where Durge nearly one shots Boba in front of Jabba?

Meanwhile I posted a panel of Jedi literally moving in slow motion to Durge.

There is nothing Boba can do to Durge to stop him. Durge has survived way worse then anything on Boba's arsenal. It took shooting him into the sun to "kill him", but as I am sure you know, even THAT didn't finish him with the whole "Project Durge" thing.

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Aristeaus:

Realise is the british way of spelling the word. Both are accurate. If you want to correct someone's grammar please do so properly.

As for the rest, I will stand true to my word;

And since you ignore them (which I assume is because you can't counter them), I will once again accept your concession. Don't see the need to respond until you adress them either.

Blaze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aristeaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheth said:

@Aristeaus:

Realise is the british way of spelling the word. Both are accurate. If you want to correct someone's grammar please do so properly.

As for the rest, I will stand true to my word;

And since you ignore them (which I assume is because you can't counter them), I will once again accept your concession. Don't see the need to respond until you adress them either.

Cute. Proven wrong and still throwing grade school responses. Just face it man, you lost terribly. I refuted everything you said, and even proved how horribly inaccurate your interpretation was of the Mace vs Boba fight.

Take your fanboi logic somewhere else.

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@merulezall:

Note before we start that every source I've posted is from legends canon. Including the novels in which Boba fought Durge and Durge being injured by mandalorians, but I can appreciate the misunderstanding.

Was Durge wearing armor or no?

His armour is specifically mentioned multiple times yes :). Even his armour design is correctly referenced as Boba stabs the mandalorion skull on his armour:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And note that the blaster/explosion/lava feats wouldn't cover piercing resistance. Technicaly the lance could, but it looks alot more like Durge broke his lance (as we see it flying up) and in jousting its common only one gets properly hit.

I don't think the author of this book understood just how stronk Durge really is.

This novel was written as a part of the CWMMP, and was made in the same year as the cartoon was released. It also directly references even obscure events like the Dark Reaper campaign, indicating its familiar with the rest of the CWMMP. The novel also goes to exhaustive lengths to say how strong and powerful he is, and how before Boba arrived he was the greatest hunter alive.

Of course, and that's my argument. Even as an adult I don't give Boba the W in pure H2H either. Durge was tanking this as shown down below,

While it shows great durability, this is also the fight in which Grievous with pure physical force and lightsabers hurt durge to the point where he needs bacta treatment. So these hits and some more put down durge permanently without help.

Let's note again, prime Boba with a pistol vs Durge with a pistol. The results are indeed the same.

Yeah again in a neutral enviroment with only blasters durge likely wins. But usually its assumed standard gear.

This is all true, but from feats up above Durge was tanking a lot more than what Boba had to offer aside from his backpack missile launcher due to the explosions shown up above.

Note those explosions + like 3 lightsaber hits from anakin was what caused durge's regen to get taxed. And Boba's missiles are much, much, stronger, capable of blowing holes in frigates and blowing Starkiller through four decks despite him using force shield.

And he had seen her, briefly, face white and spattered with her own blood, eyes wide and staring at him in utter disbelief. What was going through her mind he could not begin to guess. Joy? Confusion? Relief? Doubt? They had only locked stares for a moment before the man who had taken her captive pushed her out of sight. Then he had fired a missile at Starkiller's feet that had blown a massive hole in the frigate. Starkiller had thrown up a Force shield at the last instant, but had still found himself four decks away when the blast dissipated. By the time he had retraced his steps, Juno was gone.

And this is not his only explosive weapon. His blaster can consistently blow up vehicles and incinerate people:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

a flamethrower that can break chains that can hold a rancor:

No Caption Provided

Can use his jetpack as a flamethrower:

No Caption Provided

Has thermal detonators, the same kind that caused Durge's regen to tax:

No Caption Provided

A wrist rocket that can blow up huge droids:

No Caption Provided

And even more.

In other words while a single missile from Boba fett might not be able to kill him instantly, the thing with Boba is that even if Durge survives his jetpack missile, he will be severly injured, and Boba can then use that opportunity to spam him with countless explosions and once uncovered from his armour incinerate him.

And again this is ignoring the fact that Boba has multiple weapons to beat opponents without breaching durability, like sonic emitters that even affect droids and jedi:

No Caption Provided

I feel like people forget just how geared prime Boba is

I'd like to note Dooku has said they have suffered worse; especially Durge. Question I think that should be asked is why they were put into the tanks, not simply for the regen, but did Dooku want them to recover quicker for more missions or were they just seriously that injured.

That is a fair point, those are possible options :)

As for Anakin's scan, that makes sense and is made clear. However, Durge was suffering some serious damage before that as well from Anakin and Obi wan.

While true, all that damage is damage Boba can replicate. Durge suffered a few lightsaber strikes, some electric damage from his bolas and his own explosions (which did most damage). Boba's weaponry is more than capable of replicating this damage

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Aristeaus: I said I would not reply to you until you reply to the durge fights. And I am a man of my word. Once you do I'll consider it. Until then I'll debate people who actually read what others write before responding

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheth:

Gotta do some work, but just wanted to point ou

Most do, but not myself. I actually did a CaV for Boba a while back against Sirfizzwhizz,

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/cav-terminator-cadencev2-vs-boba-fett-merulezeall-1772580/

So thats why I say, because the feats uve posted most IIRC used or talked about along with many others. I just havent kept up with canon much because canon generally isnt all that good nor interesting. :)

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Cheth
@merulezall said:

@cheth:

Gotta do some work, but just wanted to point ou

Most do, but not myself. I actually did a CaV for Boba a while back against Sirfizzwhizz,

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/cav-terminator-cadencev2-vs-boba-fett-merulezeall-1772580/

So thats why I say, because the feats uve posted most IIRC used or talked about along with many others. I just havent kept up with canon much because canon generally isnt all that good nor interesting. :)

Thats awesome!

I just havent kept up with canon much because canon generally isnt all that good nor interesting. :)

I very much agree lol, only read boba stuff

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

@merulezall: No, I mean with his prime he has Beskar'gam armor, which it's noted that Mandalorians can withstand up to laser cannon blasts before falling wearing these sets of armor.

In the strobing light, Jaina glimpsed half a dozen Mandalorian bodies ahead, lying below the loading platform at the bottom of the transportation tube. Their beskar'gam appeared to be more or less intact-but so badly discolored and deformed that it looked like they'd taken laser cannon blasts square to their chest plates.

- LOTF: Invincible

It's noted they had taken laser cannon fire, armor still more or less intact, but they still died.

But beskar'gam can EVENTUALLY be overcome, like all armor, it's not indefinite protection. Even eventually regular blasters can penetrate through beskar'arm, they may protect, but that doesn't still stop damage from happening to the wearer. Physics are still a thing, even within the SWU.

Mandalorians were COOKED inside of their armor.

No strangers to battle themselves, the troopers of the Elite Guard sensed the minuscule shift in momentum and immediately changed tactics, concentrating their fire on the most exposed Mandos. A torrent of fiery beams drove a brown-armored Mandalorian to the stairs, where he lay thrashing and cooking inside his armor until a lucky bolt finally found a seam and put him out of his misery.

- LOTF: Invincible

So yeah, beskar'gam is protective sure, but you can't just stand there in it and have everything plus the kitchen sink thrown at you and NOT get any injury in some form. Even Medieval Knights still took damage from blunt force impact despite wearing full plate armor.

@cheth said:

Yeah see this is kind of an issue I have, given that Durge was noted to be armored head to toe, Boba being able to blind him or stab through his armor just isn't logical. The weakest of armor can easily stop knives/spears and the like, I'm really doubting a fit teenager of Boba could put enough force into a set of armor and penetrate right through.

The only way I'm seeing as this being possible, is this quote.

Boba twisted. He looked up to see a figure easily three meters tall. From helmeted head to booted feet, he was clad in a shining carapace of armor. He carried a blaster as long as his arm; knives and more blasters hung around his waist.

But worst of all was what he bore on his chest: the livid image of a Mandalorian skull.

- Hunted

Suggesting that the armor Durge is wearing in the Microseries isn't the same armor he's wearing in Hunted. Because what he's wearing in the MS is clearly not a shining carapace, what he's wearing looks more like actual metal.

Waking_Dreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A sample of some rank-and-file marines in action:

Loading Video...

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Wolfrazer  Online

@waking_dreamer: From my understanding, compared to the books n tabletop, aren't the movies even on the LOW end of SM showings?

ANGELICA10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They clear

SWA2point0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer said:

@waking_dreamer: From my understanding, compared to the books n tabletop, aren't the movies even on the LOW end of SM showings?

Yeah videos are low end showings

OT: Prolly clears :)

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Wolfrazer  Online
Nuffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points