Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By King_Saturn
Static Shock
Static Shock

Space Ghost
Space Ghost

VS

Can Space Ghost take down Static Shock in an all out battle on Earth ?
Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By ThisIsGonnaHurt

Is Ghost actually a ghost? O.o

Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ace High

Space Ghost can go invisible. Can Static detect invinsible people?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By King_Saturn
Warsman said:
"Is Ghost actually a ghost? O.o"
Nope. Thats just his name. They partly call him that because of his ability to turn invisible...
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By King_Saturn
Ace High said:
"Space Ghost can go invisible. Can Static detect invinsible people?
"
Now thats a good question. But the thing is Space Ghost wont start off the fight turning invisible...

There is a real key to this fight that could work to Static's advantage
warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By warlock360

hes an awesome character to be fair, ill go with spaceghost

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By King_Saturn
The thing I was thinking about was Static Shocks's ability to control the electrical components... if Static can disrupt Space Ghost power bands with electrical charges he may be able to disable some of Space Ghost's powers...
Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ace High

Yeah he would. Thats he best move. In the comic he uses invisibility all the time. Then its one shot with the distintigration beam and its all over.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By King_Saturn
Ace High said:
"Yeah he would. Thats he best move. In the comic he uses invisibility all the time. Then its one shot with the distintigration beam and its all over.
"
So Space Ghost would enter the fight invisible ? I have seen Space Ghost use invisibilty quite a bit in a few comics but I didnt see him start off invisible well... at least not all the time
Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ace High

I thought I had the scans on my computer. I'll get them and show youse. Even if he doesn't start off invisible why wouldn't he do it straight away?

Avatar image for supertrooper117
supertrooper117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By supertrooper117

i cant believe space ghost has powers!!!

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By King_Saturn
Ace High said:
"I thought I had the scans on my computer. I'll get them and show youse. Even if he doesn't start off invisible why wouldn't he do it straight away?
"
I believe he could but in that split instance Static could use Electro shock to disrupt the power bands and possibly disable his Invisablity...
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Static Shock
King Saturn said:
"I believe he could but in that split instance Static could use Electro shock to disrupt the power bands and possibly disable his Invisablity..."

I never thought of this.... I was thinking this was a curbstomp for a minute....
Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lantern Prime

Wait a second, I have the same post.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By King_Saturn
Static Shock said:
"King Saturn said:
"I believe he could but in that split instance Static could use Electro shock to disrupt the power bands and possibly disable his Invisablity..."

I never thought of this.... I was thinking this was a curbstomp for a minute...."
Thats what it seems like... but when I thought about the fact that Space Ghost relies on his power bands and tech to grant him Invisiblity... its highly possible Static Shock can win here simply but taking out Space Ghost's tech and Power Bands with electrical currents... the only problem is Space Ghost tends to go invisible quite a bit
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Static Shock

If he goes invisible, I'm sure Static could still sense the electrical charges in the bands. With that, he could release an omnidirectional EMP and disable them that way.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By King_Saturn
Static Shock said:
"If he goes invisible, I'm sure Static could still sense the electrical charges in the bands. With that, he could release an omnidirectional EMP and disable them that way."
Good Point
Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ace High

Thats if they even run off electricity. The guy that invented them was some super alien weapon maker, who knows what they run off.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Static Shock
Ace High said:
"Thats if they even run off electricity. The guy that invented them was some super alien weapon maker, who knows what they run off.
"
Good point.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Static Shock
Ace High said:
"Thats if they even run off electricity. The guy that invented them was some super alien weapon maker, who knows what they run off.
"
Good point.
SadBastard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SadBastard

Ace High Made my point before I did :).

Also, The DC Space is what amounts to an interstellar Spec Ops soldier. That, combined with the unknown power situation of his tech, his invisibility,  and his wealth of experience  (in the Comics he was new to being  Space Ghost, but had been a soldier for quite a while).

Now, it doesn't mean that this fight is gonna necessarily be a slaughter; I think Static can definitely take some wind outta the Ghost's sails. However, once SG realizes he can't treat this kid too gently, he'll take him down, but will just disable and not kill.

What do you guys think?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Static Shock
SadBastard said:
"Ace High Made my point before I did :).

Also, The DC Space is what amounts to an interstellar Spec Ops soldier. That, combined with the unknown power situation of his tech, his invisibility,  and his wealth of experience  (in the Comics he was new to being  Space Ghost, but had been a soldier for quite a while).

Now, it doesn't mean that this fight is gonna necessarily be a slaughter; I think Static can definitely take some wind outta the Ghost's sails. However, once SG realizes he can't treat this kid too gently, he'll take him down, but will just disable and not kill.

What do you guys think?
"

I'm not too familar with Space Ghost in comic book continuity. So, I don't know.
SadBastard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SadBastard
Static Shock said:
"SadBastard said:
"Ace High Made my point before I did :).

What do you guys think?
"

I'm not too familar with Space Ghost in comic book continuity. So, I don't know."
Dude, I strongly recommend the 6-Issue Miniseries released by DC fairly recently. It was a great read, gave a fantastic backstory for The Ghost, and made Zorak a truly _horrifying_ villain. Well worth your funding and energy.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By King_Saturn
Wait a minute now. If Space Ghost source of power comes directly from his tech with grants him flight, invisibility, his power band attacks... why cant Static Shock short circuit his tech and disable Space Ghost's powers ? I understand SG has experience here and this fight wont be a curbstomp.  But I see Static having a real shot to win here...
SadBastard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SadBastard
King Saturn said:
"Wait a minute now. If Space Ghost source of power comes directly from his tech with grants him flight, invisibility, his power band attacks... why cant Static Shock short circuit his tech and disable Space Ghost's powers ? I understand SG has experience here and this fight wont be a curbstomp.  But I see Static having a real shot to win here...
"

The logic being that there is a very good and very real chance the SG's tech, which was designed by aliens, is shielded from the types of Attacks Static could execute.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By King_Saturn
SadBastard said:
"King Saturn said:
"Wait a minute now. If Space Ghost source of power comes directly from his tech with grants him flight, invisibility, his power band attacks... why cant Static Shock short circuit his tech and disable Space Ghost's powers ? I understand SG has experience here and this fight wont be a curbstomp.  But I see Static having a real shot to win here...
"

The logic being that there is a very good and very real chance the SG's tech, which was designed by aliens, is shielded from the types of Attacks Static could execute.
"
But how do you know ?  Was it mentioned in a SG comic that his tech is protected by Electrical Charges ?
SadBastard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SadBastard
King Saturn said:
"SadBastard said:
"King Saturn said:
"

"
But how do you know ?  Was it mentioned in a SG comic that his tech is protected by Electrical Charges ?
"
In the comic, it did seem to be shielded from overload by outside factors (Zoraks troops I believe tried to overload it with their weapons and were unsuccessful, but don't quote me on that just yet. I'll check by back issues tonight to make sure that's accurate). Though, Static might just be powerful enough to bypass it. I think SG had his force field up at the time, though; it's a safe bet he would have it active when fighting the Electric Teenager...
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By King_Saturn
SadBastard said:
"King Saturn said:
"SadBastard said:
"King Saturn said:
"

"
"
In the comic, it did seem to be shielded from overload by outside factors (Zoraks troops I believe tried to overload it with their weapons and were unsuccessful, but don't quote me on that just yet. I'll check by back issues tonight to make sure that's accurate). Though, Static might just be powerful enough to bypass it. I think SG had his force field up at the time, though; it's a safe bet he would have it active when fighting the Electric Teenager...
"
Hmm...interesting.  Very Interesting
SadBastard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SadBastard

King Saturn: I checked, and the weapons that he seemed to be being attacked with were some generic energy weapons, not purely electrical by design; however, they didn't seem to penetrate his shield. So, do you think that Static has enough raw power to nullify the shield and then short out the systems? I ask because I don't know enough about Static to guess the upper limits of his power, and you seem more knowledgeable on the subject.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By King_Saturn
SadBastard said:
"King Saturn: I checked, and the weapons that he seemed to be being attacked with were some generic energy weapons, not purely electrical by design; however, they didn't seem to penetrate his shield. So, do you think that Static has enough raw power to nullify the shield and then short out the systems? I ask because I don't know enough about Static to guess the upper limits of his power, and you seem more knowledgeable on the subject.
"
Its highly possible Static could penetrate the shields of Space Ghost but if the tech that Space Ghost use isnt totally running off of electrical power or is using an adavnced source of power Static may not be able to disrupt SG's tech and disable his power... its hard to say here since we really dont know how Space Ghost stands in terms of what exactly is his tech using for power if its not fully electrical components
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Static Shock
King Saturn said:
"Its highly possible Static could penetrate the shields of Space Ghost but if the tech that Space Ghost use isnt totally running off of electrical power or is using an adavnced source of power Static may not be able to disrupt SG's tech and disable his power... its hard to say here since we really dont know how Space Ghost stands in terms of what exactly is his tech using for power if its not fully electrical components
"
The possibility of Static penetrating those shields depends on the type of shield it is. If it's somewhat electrical or eletromagnetic, then the possibility is high. And if they aren't composed of that type of energy, then I'm confused as to whether Static would be able to manipulate the electrical charges (if that's what it runs on) from the outside of the shield or not. Normally, he has to focus on something and aim at it.
Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lantern Prime

I say Space Ghost just because hes dealt with more dangerous situations than SS. But I like both of them.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Static Shock
Lantern Prime said:
"I say Space Ghost just because hes dealt with more dangerous situations than SS. But I like both of them."

I can roll with this.