InfinteGod12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By InfinteGod12

@acrosurge said:

I hope that I may be forgiven for reviving so old thread from the dead, however it really is an interesting question and there hasn't been much solid evidence in the discussion.

First, to the post above mine, I believe this statement should be reversed. The fact is, no current canon version of Sonic (either from the video games or the current Archie canon) has been shown to run as fast as the Road Runner. Double R has easily outrun rockets, missiles, and bullets. On pure speed, he's uprooted cacti and telephone poles, collapsed bridges, yanked out tunnel superstructures, and lit asphalt on fire for miles. RR can stop, accelerate, corner, and change direction instantly. He's also traveled through loops Sonic style, except unlike the Blue Blur, Road Runner can stop instantly upside-down and stay there as long as he likes (probably due to that Toon-Force). While it is true that in a recent CG episode of Coyote and Road Runner, the Coyote clocked RR with a Radar Gun at 275.6 mph, it is clear that isn't RR's top speed, as in the very same episode RR outruns a rocket car accelerating beyond 697 mph (according to its speedometer). And from previous examples, we know Road Runner can run far faster than this with little effort.

In a race that doesn't involve Chaos Emeralds, I'd have to say Road Runner takes a pretty easy win. Even without Toon-Force powers, Road Runner is easily hypersonic. Observe:

Instant Acceleration

Massively Supersonic Acceleration

Burns up the Asphalt

Burns through a Bridge and Rips Up Telephone Poles

In the first episode of Sonic X, Sonic demonstrated that he could run backwards at superspeed. In the link below, the Road Runner does it as well... on one leg!! Then, RR accelerates instantly to a minimum of 28,800 MPH (covering the 2.5 mile distance to the horizon in a quarter second, which works out to approximately 8 miles a second, being extremely conservative and not taking into account the curves in the road). That is over 37 times the speed of sound. We see this kind of speed in the start of almost every Road Runner episode.

Just showing off.

For those of the opinion that Road Runner would make an easy mark for Sonic in a battle, consider that RR has blasted straight through a steel plate triple the strength of that used on battleships (reference: Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner episode Gee Wizz-z-z-zzz).

Are you high!?! Archie and Game Sonic is MFTL that casually transcends time and reality simultaneously!!

I can´t believe you put them below hypersonic..that clearly shows you never read the comics or played the games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee7bc79c5c93
deactivated-5ee7bc79c5c93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bob74h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roadrunner

vjbthe3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assuming game sonic, sonic should win, but I don't know too much of roadrunner. I don't think he has any feats on the narrative/authorial plane like toon force high tiers. Just silly stuff not really applicable to battle

raecinio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Road Runner has never been shown going light speed. Sonic wins easily.