User Lists: 0

Avatar image for 12_percent_of_a_plan
12_Percent_Of_A_Plan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Boba. He's gone toe to toe with Darth Vader. He's killed multiple Jedi and he never misses a bounty. Even Han couldn't evade him forever. He's considered the best bounty hunter in the galaxy and even Palpatine once trusted him to do a job perfectly. I absolutely cannot see Snake winning this fight.

Avatar image for pedrolopesmateus
PedroLopesMateus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PedroLopesMateus

Legends Boba can win. Canon gets stomped, though.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#6 frozen  Moderator

Boba stomps.

Snake is sub Batman tier. Either Legends or Canon Fett is above this.

El_mago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By El_mago

if we scale boba above his father who can react to FTL jedi knights per PT era scaling this becomes more of a mismatch in favour of the bounty hunter as far as EU goes

canon dies until i see him doing something impressive mandalorian feats are not yet enough

PedroLopesMateus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: What has canon Boba done other than beat a bunch of stormtroopers?

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@el_mago said:

if we scale boba above his father who can react to FTL jedi knights per PT era scaling this becomes more of a mismatch in favour of the bounty hunter as far as EU goes

canon dies until i see him doing something impressive mandalorian feats are not yet enough

lmao Snake has FTL feats too. All peak humans have random laser dodging feats and outliers.

Avatar image for manofthunderbolts65
Manofthunderbolts65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know next to nothing about Snake but shouldn't Boba's blaster blitz him?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Wolfrazer  Online

How about we don't take outliers from Jango and trying to scale to Boba, savvy?

Now that said, I'm kinda having trouble knowing what Snake even has that could affect Boba. Because if going by EU, he has a complete set of Beskar'gam armor and that....well yeah...

El_mago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hotlog4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@el_mago: lmaoooo you’re such a fanboy bro

El_mago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By El_mago

@the_hajduk: i dont see solid performing the same as boba especially if we take feats into consideration unless you wanna have snake giving a good fight to vader or defeating Jaina single handily which he doesnt in any case

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#17 frozen  Moderator

@pepsimax5: Based on? EU Fett would murder him. He blitzed Jaina who was a tier 8 and briefly kept up with Vader once.

Avatar image for deactivated-60f8725e36989
deactivated-60f8725e36989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fett stomps, not because of retarded FTL reactions though.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@el_mago said:

@the_hajduk: i dont see solid performing the same as boba especially if we take feats into consideration unless you wanna have snake giving a good fight to vader or defeating Jaina single handily which he doesnt in any case

Why is that impressive? Vader isn't any more powerful than a lot of Metal Gear villains who Snake has killed. The fact that you refer to him as "Solid" tells me you don't have much experience with the series so don't be so quick to judge.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fett stomps, not because of retarded FTL reactions though.

This logic I can at least agree with.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Wolfrazer  Online

@el_mago: Boba in no way gave a fight to Vader and his defeating Jaina, it wasn't even really a fight to start with from what I recall, they were just sparring. I'm all for Boba here, until something presented otherwise, but don't go with misinformation.

Still I dunno how Snake is suppose to get through Boba's Beskar'gam armor.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love how everytime peak humans, robots and exotic beasts keep up with Jedi and Sith its actually because they’re massively hypersonic at minimum.

The thought that maybe Force Sensitives are just not that fast never seems to arise.

TheAmazingYOLO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haha Beskar armour go brrrrrrr

Seriously though, Snake isn't doing any damage to Fett

El_mago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By El_mago

@the_hajduk: unless you got a pretty good argument of why thats the case and why everyone on the villain side of MGS doesnt get tped to death by the dark lord force choked or even ragdolled by just using the force i will believe it either way snake cant penetrate boba s armor nevertheless pull up something comparable to his gear and no i call him solid becuase i dont like to repeat words too much how is that not having experience with the series and how do you came to that conclusion is beyond me

El_mago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By El_mago
@wolfrazer said:

@el_mago: Boba in no way gave a fight to Vader and his defeating Jaina, it wasn't even really a fight to start with from what I recall, they were just sparring. I'm all for Boba here, until something presented otherwise, but don't go with misinformation.

he did give a fight to vader in enemy of the empire and his defeating of jaina is impressive because at least that character is a tier 8 on his own how its misinformation if its something that has been referenced on the lore? even despite vader won that fight

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

@el_mago: But he didn't, Vader basically waded through Boba and really was only after a box that he had, he wasn't even interested in fighting him. Boba basically unloaded his entire arsenal and Vader was all "lol nope, try harder." As far as Jaina, he sucker punched her, not exactly what I would call a real defeat, especially when they weren't fighting.

But even disregarding those instances, it's not like Fett needs them anyway. He has plenty of other things here and from what I can see of Snake's gear, he isn't going to get passed the Beskar'gam.

El_mago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: doesnt the comic has the entire fight happening despite the box being key part of the plot?

and yeah even if we dismiss those feats (even if they are impressive on their own) fett still wins his armor gear and literally everything that brings to the table is enough to beat Snake

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

@el_mago: It's more of Boba running and Vader chasing him to get the box. I mean yeah if you want to count the brief spat they had after Vader destroyed Boba's ride, where he unloaded everything on him a fight then...sure, they fought. But...not exactly.

Still unless Snake uses one of them anti-tank rifles or that rail gun(which even the rail gun I'm spotty on), I'm not seeing what he could do to breach the armor, which I doubt these are standard equipment for Snake. Cause those regular rifles and shotguns won't do jack.

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: Vader specifically planned to kill Boba after he found the box to avoid having witnesses.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

@cheth: He was going to kill him yeah after the box wasn't in Boba's hands and after he basically beat him to the ground, but he was more interested in the box anyway. The point is, the fight they had wasn't really much a fight, he clearly was holding back before that to not damage the box.

Regardless this is all a moot point, because I doubt Snake would fair any better.

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: He can have two objectives at the same time. Vader also specifically notes that Boba killing him was "A possibility", that Boba "bettered him", nearby priests said that it was a "pitched battle", Vader's crew were "concerned", and after the battle Vader still wanted to hunt him down and kill him untill the head told him Boba would be of massive use for him later.

Nowhere was it ever stated that Vader, who actively tried to kill Boba, was holding back.

Holding back would only put the box more at risk. He also repeatedly tried to tp/tk dominate Boba and to cut him in half with his lightsaber, so there's no reason to assume he held back either.

HellfireUnit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CHETH

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HFU!!! POWER!

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Wolfrazer  Online

@cheth: Yeah, a low chance of possibly happening considering Vader pretty much dismissed all of what Boba gave him. The only instance where that might have been possible was when Vader was more about the box than Fett and even then that's not really a possibility considering we know how strong Vader is.

Regardless again, this is a moot point.

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: To quote myself "Vader also specifically notes that Boba killing him was "A possibility", that Boba "bettered him", nearby priests said that it was a "pitched battle", Vader's crew were "concerned", Boba also specifcally noted that he could've "Sent Vader to his doom". Everyone in the comic, Vader himself included, agrees that not only was it a high-stakes battle, but Boba actually beat Vader twice during it. We know how strong Vader is yes, but we also know that Boba is better. And that even if you disagree with the latter notion, Boba would at least be his equal.

I agree that its unimportant to Solid Snake vs Boba though

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Wolfrazer  Online

@cheth: But he's not, Boba has no real chance against Vader and that was shown, it was just the box that he had which didn't make it worse for him. But yes, let's just move on with this....in which case, I don't see Snake winning unless he carries with him some standard high scale crazy weapon, he isn't punching through Boba's Beskar'gam armor.

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: Everything shown is that boba at worst is = and most likely >, but yeah doubt we'll ever agree tbh.

Also question for OT, when you say EU feats are allowed do you mean its composite or should we debate the two versions seperately, since its probably more exciting if people get to debate canon boba vs snake too

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Wolfrazer  Online

@cheth: Well I'm not the OP and usually we use the characters as of the time the thread was made, which in April 2015, Boba didn't have much in Canon apart from...TCW show when he was a kid. Plus usually when referring to the EU, it generally means the Canon prior to Disney...at least that's what I've seen unless it's specified Canon EU.

Regardless it's probably best to just make a new thread since this one is so old and with proper OP stipulations. It'll probably be fairer for a battle anyway since Canon Boba isn't nearly as ridiculous as his EU incarnation.

SheevSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@el_mago said:

Why is that impressive? Vader isn't any more powerful than a lot of Metal Gear villains who Snake has killed. The fact that you refer to him as "Solid" tells me you don't have much experience with the series so don't be so quick to judge.

What Metal Gear villain are strong as Vader or stornger?

PedroLopesMateus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk said:
@el_mago said:

What Metal Gear villain are strong as Vader or stornger?

None of them, even Canon Vader would stomp any Metal Gear villain at this point and Legends Vader (who the guy above was referring to) was easily city level, he disintegrated a substance that was thought to be indestructible, and that's in a universe where countless ships have 100 gigatons blast as their standard weaponry.

Still, though, Boba is not anywhere near Vader's level, though his Legends incarnation does win. Canon Boba is almost featless and all he did was beat a bunch of stormtroopers. He also fought a noob Luke (it was somewhere in the first 20 issues of the 2015 Star Wars run), only to lose when Luke decided to "trust the force" or smth like that.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Despite how resourceful and adaptable Solid Snake is, Boba Fett has superior firepower and weaponry, not to mention his armor. Snake has had enough trouble with the likes of Revolver Ocelot & Liquid Snake. I don't see Snake's CQC technique able to do much damage to Fett. Snake would put up a hell of a fight, but Fett winning is inevitable.