DarthHarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Round 1: Character on

Round 2 : Morals off

I think this is a stomp in Snape favor as he has years more experience and could have been more powerful or better than James in their school year. As even when he was 2 vs 1 in school with James and Sirus getting the edge

Yet, even with the situation in James's favor, Snape would still gain some measure of control.

…the Impediment Jinx was wearing off. Snape was beginning to inch toward his fallen wand…

…Sirius briskly (turned) back to Snape…But too late; Snape had directed his want straight at James; there was a flash of light and a gash appeared on the side of James face, spattering his robes with blood…

Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix - Rowling

​Here we also get an indication of comparable skill, not just in magic, but in the standard awarenessany combatants should maintain before a contest is over and a winner declared.

Preoccupied with Lily, James and Sirius quit paying attention to Snape, of which he used to his advantage here.

Like among his classmates in Snapes school days rank who you think was more powerful as a wizard overall( potions included) not as a combatant and a separate combatant list.

DarthHarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyway there?

GodEmperor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i thought it was clear james was the better everything, which was part of snape's entire grudge.

he was like jaime lannister of hogwarts. arrogant but for good reason because he was so good. and he ended up being a top auror/fighting voldemort head on at least thrice

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4 the_stegman  Moderator

In school days, I'd rank Potter above Snape.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a98875cd0f94
deactivated-5a98875cd0f94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snape. What kind of f*cking spite is this? Potter is featless. Snape stomped a bloodlusted Harry, who has done much more than his father.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 anthp2000  Moderator

James was bullying Snape in school by toying with him using magic. I don't know how that translates into anything but him being stronger.

Avatar image for back_stabbath95
Back_stabbath95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Back_stabbath95

James bullies snape round 1 and round 2 snape retaliated against his bully.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snape has actual feats, and way more time to get better at magic than Potter.

SoImMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SoImMe

James spanks

Avatar image for redxiii18881990
Redxiii18881990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

James regularly beat him in school, though its stated that Snape never missed a chance to attack James and the same said for James. But both are basically featless.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 anthp2000  Moderator

@jucaslucasa: These are the kids versions. Of course adult Snape would spank him like he should.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snape

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Idk then. Snape got ambushed in that fight iirc.

killers10333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Old snape is likely much better than young potter, simply due to experience. At the same ages, james was always better.

Not to mention snape has feats

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 anthp2000  Moderator

@killers10333: If you mean that adult Potter is better than Prof Snape you're wrong.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

James toyed with Snape when Snape was outnumbered four to one. The OP shows Snape, in a 1v1, doing damage to Potter.

Snape actually has feats. He stomped a bloodlusted Harry. That's better than being blitzed by Voldemort.

killers10333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: what? James potter, at the same age as snape, was better in every way. That was a huge point in the story. As i said, prof adult snape vs james when he died is likely much better than james

DarthHarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok This was a match about their adult versions. I apologize I didn,t make that clear. I was just clarifying and well ranting a bit that Kid or Hogwarts Snape was not that weaker than James as he always even in the books had another person with him to help him and took him by surprise at certain times.

Like did you see the quote above Snape still hurt James despite his disadvantageous position. Also he still knew more hexes and jinxes and other dark art stuff(don,t know the amount it is a overlooked point that people don,t make) Lily dilikes that so Snape probably didn,t study too deep into it or didn,t use them infront of her.

It is more likely that after Snape had that fight with Lily where they stopped being friends that Snapes delve further into the darkarts. There is some things to support this first of all the Half Blood Prince Book is an indication as it was made in his fifth year and also he later joined Voldemort side with the purebloods in the first war without being a double agent to anyone. So he would have obviously gotten closer to them after Lily left and learned more stuff.

Also killers10333 James wasn,t better than him at potions or intellectually and Snape was a competent duelist considering he still struck james when he was caught off guard and was levitating in the air. Also if James was better at him in everyway than why did he bring Severus along with him or always had someone to back him up and why did he have to catch him off guard.

I am ranting a bit here, but my point is since we don,t know that much about each characters Hogwarts year skill level you can,t really deduce that James was simply better then Snape at everything when the evidence does not point towards it.

Heck during that clip scene with James with Sirus catching Snapes off guard and Snapes still attacking James while suspended in the air is evidence that at that time they were closely relative to eachother. Not saying which is stronger or which is not , but they were close to each other.

This is also supported by kid year 2 Snapes(cause he looks that old) states that he will get his revenge confidently. So yeah evidence points towards them at that time being close to equals with each other.

Later years is essentially featless since all we know is Snape half blood prince book and more darkarts from logical speculation and implied stuff. With James learning to become aAnimgus

Anyway the fight is versus adult James vs Deadly Hallow Snapes. Because at least we have implied feats on his part.

Also state your knowledge source. Have you read the books or the movies. Since we know a lot more of James capabilities in the books and Snape is much more impressive.

Also Deadly Hallows Snapes vs Post prision Sirius. Note that Sirius hasn,t trained for like 10 years or however long he has been stuck there.

Blaredevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snape always struck me as a better duelist than James and more proficient in combat. And smarter in a pinch as well.

DarthHarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed. I am assuming your talking about Book adult or film adult Snape. Also Snape is much more powerful in the books. He fought Mc Gongegall the griffindor house professor much better than in the movies. And learned how to fly without a broomstick and I know in the flims every death eater can do it. But in the books a more canon source only Snape and Voldemort could do it. He was also skilled in Legiminacy(don,t know the spelling you know the mind reading thing) and had much better feats. So he was basically the most powerful death eater besides Voldemort. Like pretty sure he was on the top of tier 2 in ranking in the universe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGQX7SHmeqc

This video by antione blandele is where I got my opinion that Snape is capable of beating the House Professor.

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snape stomps

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 anthp2000  Moderator
LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By LordOfTheLight

Both at the same age: James stomps. He has already done so, and his general hype at school, talent wise is much more than Snape's.

Adult Snape vs young James: Snape stomps. No explanation required.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snape wins both rounds.

DarthHarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok I don,t feel like making a new thread.

So lets just do it here. Sirus vs Snape

Movie 4 Snape vs Movie 4 Snape.

Round 1: Character on

Round 2: Character off.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this is a stomp in Snape favor

Don't make threads with a winner in mind.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By cpt_nice

OT: Snape stomps. His feats are mediocre, but at least he has feats. James' only feat is not lasting 2 seconds against Voldemort.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cpt_nice

@godemperor123 said:

i thought it was clear james was the better everything, which was part of snape's entire grudge.

Nah, he hated James' because of his arrogance and the fact he always picked on him. And of course, because he stole his one true love, which he could never forget. James' was very mediocre in school, despite having some talent, while Snape was always an A+student and has shown way more magical aptitude.

TheVoidofDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snape

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adult Snape should curb stomp the adult versions of any of the Mauraders.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snape also wrecks Sirius.

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cpt_nice

Nah, he hated James' because of his arrogance and the fact he always picked on him. And of course, because he stole his one true love, which he could never forget. James' was very mediocre in school, despite having some talent, while Snape was always an A+student and has shown way more magical aptitude.

The truth is the exact opposite of what you have stated here. Way to lowball. The way you have described it, you could be Snape himself actually.

Both James and Sirius have been regularly stated to be among the most talented students and exceptionally bright. Snape, aside from inventing some spells, has never received such accolades, and indeed, I seem to recall Snape getting stomped in OoTP.

bdelloidgrain2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snape in his prime would beat James in his prime.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prime Snape would bully James...

Avatar image for raimundopedrosa
raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm... didn't James fight Voldemort three times...?

morgadc1887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

James should win handily, owned snape in school, and took on voldy multiple times. And to those suggesting james is featless.. see above. Anyway what are you suggesting? That james may be incapable of magic? An auror who's bad at magic.. wild

morgadc1887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cpt_nice: source for james potter being mediocre in school??

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#38 krisbishop  Moderator

Snape is superior to any Marauder individually. Sirius was the best amongst them and even he put Snape on a pretty high pedestal (and he has absolutely no reason to do so). James also never did dare to duel him alone without the Marauders around to gang up. This seems to indicate Severus > James.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By socajunkie  Moderator  Online

James. Outright stated as the smartest, most talented student at Hogwarts, along with Sirius. Source is from Lupin in the fifth book however he had no reason to be bias given the context of the scene with Harry. Snape, though innovative and brilliant in his own right, just didn’t have the same level of author intent James did. The latter held off Voldemort three times, details notwithstanding, that along with parity with Sirius who was near Bellatrix level, she herself being unequivocally superior to Snape in duels- is enough for James’ victory.

Nobody stomps, that doesn’t happen when the tiers are this close. Snape is better than the Marauders in accumulated knowledge and acumen, not in a fight.