#1 Posted by GuedesEvery (611 posts) - - Show Bio

Who wins?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a98875cd0f94
#2 Posted by deactivated-5a98875cd0f94 (2257 posts) - - Show Bio

@GuedesEvery:

Is this First Wizarding War Moody or Second Wizarding War Moody?

#3 Posted by Ruudiluca (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Moody is an auror, so he is highly trained in taking out wizards. Snape is pretty good and knows some unique spells, but I'll give it to the combat professional.

Moody wins.

#4 Posted by GuedesEvery (611 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by PenguinLover (994 posts) - - Show Bio

The team wins.

Avatar image for redxiii18881990
#6 Posted by Redxiii18881990 (1574 posts) - - Show Bio

Team.

#7 Posted by Kelrath (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Snape is a master mindreader and blocker. team wouldn't even know what hit them if snape went all out

#8 Posted by Kelrath (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I assume you mean barty crouch and that "barto" is a typo. Which one then, jr or senior? Jr wouldn't be bound by the rules about forbidden curses.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a98875cd0f94
#9 Posted by deactivated-5a98875cd0f94 (2257 posts) - - Show Bio

@GuedesEvery:

Oh, OK. It's fairer like that. This is hard... Snape is certainly better than any of these two individually, but not by that much, and the two together are a real threat. Moody in WW2 is past his prime, old, and a lunatic, but he still stomped a Death Eater just by banging his stick on the floor. Then again, this was an unnamed Death Eater, so he might be just some average fodder. Snape has dealt with Harry quite easily whilst holding back, and was stalemating McGonagall (in the book) whilst holding back as well, and only fled when Flitwick and Sprout arrived from the nowhere, and the former nearly made an armor strangle Snape when he was off guard. Only when he was outnumbered 3v1, and against two fine dueling champions, whilst holding back to not hurt them for he was their friend, although they did not know it, fled. Barty Crouch Jr and Barty Crouch Sr are about equal- it does not really matter which Crouch it is. A pre prime BC Jr was Imperiused by BC Sr, although he broke free from it after some years, which is a considerable period of time. BC Jr did capture Moody, but Moody was out of prime and off guard. He did bewitch Viktor Krum, a Triwizard Champion, and he killed BC Sr, but the old man had been driven mad by Pettigrew or Voldemort. If it was WW1 Moody, who was the top Auror of his day and put "half" the Death Eater army in Azkaban, he'd near if not solo, but as it's WW2 Moody... it's close, but in the end I think Barty will get taken out long enough for Snape to beat Moody, so maybe Snape 6/10 as this is Post Prime Moody.

#10 Posted by GuedesEvery (611 posts) - - Show Bio

Good answer

#11 Posted by Goltop (60 posts) - - Show Bio

Now I'm not sure if you mean Barty Jr. or Sr., but anyway the team wins.

Moody might (arguably) solo and in regards to the Crouchs:

Barty Jr. seems as a proficient DE, albeit he has few feats, and those he has were largely cooperations (like torturinging the Longbottoms and kidnapping Moody). But anyways he'd be useful in the fight.

Barty Sr., despite not having any mentioned duelling accomplishment, was head of the Dpt of Magical law Enforcement, and regarded as a powerful wizard and hardcore opponent of dark wizards. So he'd be a dangerous opponent, even if lacking in battle drill.

@kelrath said:

Snape is a master mindreader and blocker. team wouldn't even know what hit them if snape went all out

But being very skilled in legilimency doesn't mean he'll bliz´tz them. He cannot penetrate the minds of both of them at once, especially when they'll be sending spells at him.

Don't forget he read Harry's mind in HBP because there were long pauses between the spells, they were even speaking together, and he was also looking McGonagall right in the eyes before he managed to counter her spell in DH.

Now it'll be much more difficult, against a veteran duellist + another good death eater/his father.

The team wins....let's say, 8/10 - I'm not sure of the ratio, since I don't know how good the Crouches are and wich of them is here.

#12 Edited by RuizhiPieter (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Ill go with Moody and Barty Crouch, I mean moody captured loads of death eater and half of azkaban is thanks to him, Although Snape should be able to take Crouch, he should have trouble with Moody and get overwhelmed finnaly.

Edit: Oh world war 2 Moody? Hmm Im still going with him, even htough hes sometimes mad, He should be able to take Snape down.

#13 Posted by Shenron007 (2110 posts) - - Show Bio

Barton and Peter crouch stomp.

#14 Posted by SocaJunkie (8608 posts) - - Show Bio

Moody solos, Snape has no duelling feats anywhere near top aurors.

#15 Edited by dark-sith123 (5033 posts) - - Show Bio

Second Wizarding War Moody isn't soloing.

That said, team should probably take it.

#16 Posted by WardedMan7050 (69 posts) - - Show Bio

While I think Snape would beat either 2nd War Moody or Barty Crouch Sr. or Jr. not sure which one (doesn't matter since i think they're both equally skilled) one on one the two of them together should take it.