#1 Edited by Supermanthor (16131 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

VS

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

r1 morals on

r2 morals off

who wins ?

#3 Posted by Kevd4wg (12509 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2. Quasar has put up a good fight against Surfer before and Vulcan will be a problem considering Surfers weak resistance to draining

#4 Posted by Co-Boss (433 posts) - - Show Bio

R1 will have to go to team 2. Vulcan and quasar are as good of energy drainers and they all have the speed to keep up with a morals on silver surfer. He is better at energy projection but the numbers would beat him.

R2 I could see a case for surfer as morals off surfer goes very unconventional with his attacks and might abuse his speed advantage. I only see quasar getting a boost by the morals off as the other 2 wouldn't really hold back from morals. I'll go 6/10 for the team on round 2 and could see it being flipped for the surfer.

#5 Posted by destinyman75 (13912 posts) - - Show Bio

Team round one spectrum is OP and Vulcan and Quasar should be enough to overwhelm.

Morals off spectrum still MVP but it's not enough with Norrin going all out off the bat..

#6 Posted by Supermanthor (16131 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#7 Posted by IntoTheVoid (1295 posts) - - Show Bio

Team decisively. Quasar alone is a good enough threat. Vulcan is a distraction(Vulcan is not an accomplished drainer i don't know why people treat him as one, he is good at manipulating energies though) and Spectrum is pretty powerful herself with the best combat speed feats out of anyone here.

#8 Posted by Darth_Nimrod (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

The trio.

#9 Posted by Supermanthor (16131 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by biswaboxz (3642 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 takes the majority for round 1 . Not sure for Round 2 , given Vulcan attacks and defenses will surely give a hard time to Surfer .

#11 Posted by Kingant27 (16895 posts) - - Show Bio

Trio R1, R2 can go either way IMO.

#12 Posted by Supermanthor (16131 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#13 Posted by skywalker95 (4263 posts) - - Show Bio

R1: Team Stomp

R2: Team High Diff

#14 Posted by ginman333 (2977 posts) - - Show Bio

Team in tough fights. Morals off doesnt help vulcan much in R2 - he is already cray cray

#15 Posted by Supermanthor (16131 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Supermanthor (16131 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#17 Posted by cosmic_reign (3418 posts) - - Show Bio

Team

Team with difficulty

#18 Posted by skywalker95 (4263 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanthor: Without a Doubt, Your Threads Are brilliant as usual

#19 Posted by Supermanthor (16131 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Supermanthor (16131 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#21 Posted by cdiddyman911 (5531 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 both rounds, fairly easily. If you ask me, Quasar is already a real challenge for Surfer to beat by himself. Add those two and it's a clear cut win for the team.

#22 Posted by Michaelbn (2338 posts) - - Show Bio

R1: Team

R2: SS

#23 Posted by Batvibe12 (5570 posts) - - Show Bio

Team.

#24 Posted by Noone1996 (11463 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Supermanthor (16131 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#26 Posted by Kevd4wg (12509 posts) - - Show Bio

Team decisively. Quasar alone is a good enough threat. Vulcan is a distraction(Vulcan is not an accomplished drainer i don't know why people treat him as one, he is good at manipulating energies though) and Spectrum is pretty powerful herself with the best combat speed feats out of anyone here.

He drained two incredibly powerful beings on two separate occasions.

#27 Posted by IntoTheVoid (1295 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg: If you are talking about the Eldest and Warlock, Eldest is a fairly featless character that has no feats of resisting having his energy absorbed and i guess the other time was Warlock but Warlock was throwing magic at him already so Vulcan just took what Warlock gave him, he didn't even drain enough to beat him.

Though i guess it ultimately doesn't matter since Surfer isn't that good at resisting being drained either. The team wins either way.

#28 Posted by Kevd4wg (12509 posts) - - Show Bio

@intothevoid:

If you are talking about the Eldest and Warlock

I am

Eldest is a fairly featless character that has no feats of resisting having his energy absorbed

Eldest had feats like lolstomping Gladiator with one arm, and while Gladiator is a bit of a jobber, stuff like that combined with no-selling Havok and Vulcan and Gladiator at the same time was pretty impressive. Also, Eldest did drain a bit of Vulcan's energy at one point, so it's not like energy draining is completely unrelated to him. And anyway, with someone like Surfer energy draining has more to do with just how much power you can absorb since he's weak to draining.

i guess the other time was Warlock but Warlock was throwing magic at him already so Vulcan just took what Warlock gave him, he didn't even drain enough to beat him.

Vulcan drained quite a bit more then what Warlock used on him. Warlock was too weak to even teleport, yet even in that weakened state he drained someone else, which would show he also has some familiarity with draining.

#29 Posted by IntoTheVoid (1295 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg: Eldest had feats like lolstomping Gladiator with one arm, and while Gladiator is a bit of a jobber, stuff like that combined with no-selling Havok and Vulcan and Gladiator at the same time was pretty impressive. Also, Eldest did drain a bit of Vulcan's energy at one point, so it's not like energy draining is completely unrelated to him. And anyway, with someone like Surfer energy draining has more to do with just how much power you can absorb since he's weak to draining.

Yea i know snapped his arm like a twig and all which is all fine and dandy but whats important here is resistance to draining, which Eldest has no feats of. I know he drained some of Vulcans but again, energy draining and energy resistance aren't the same thing, Surfer is really good energy drainer but he also gets drained quite a lot.

Vulcan drained quite a bit more then what Warlock used on him. Warlock was too weak to even teleport, yet even in that weakened state he drained someone else, which would show he also has some familiarity with draining.

Sure, but Warlock was still throwing magic around like crazy and Vulcan was just taking it all in and i could be wrong but i don't think Warlock is that good against energy draining either.

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
#30 Posted by RampageTheFirst (7312 posts) - - Show Bio

Team.

#31 Posted by Cognitive (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

Team wins unless SS decides to bust the surroundings (even in that case, Quasar can shield himself, Vulcan can regenerate, and Monica is capable of going intangible )

#32 Posted by Supermanthor (16131 posts) - - Show Bio

@cognitive: so this team is a perfect counter for SS ? Right?

#33 Posted by Cognitive (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanthor: I'd say Wendell himself is already much of a threat (not that he wins).

#34 Posted by Mooty_Pass (9819 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Team

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
#35 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (6020 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1 imo quasar is mvp.

Round 2. Oof at Monica being mvp. She's energy and has been stated that if absorbed she would probably die. Gabe is a lite version of norrin and wendell with lower energy manipulation feats. Wendell's constructs won't work and gabe gets haxed. I would say its pretty even.

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
#36 Posted by xMangog__Beastx (4700 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by Supermanthor (16131 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by Kevd4wg (12509 posts) - - Show Bio

@intothevoid:

Yea i know snapped his arm like a twig and all which is all fine and dandy but whats important here is resistance to draining, which Eldest has no feats of. I know he drained some of Vulcans but again, energy draining and energy resistance aren't the same thing, Surfer is really good energy drainer but he also gets drained quite a lot.

The amount of power drained in general, says something toward the capability of the drainer, especially when they can drain other drainers. Fair enough on the Surfer thing, but I feel like Surfer is kinda a special case.

Sure, but Warlock was still throwing magic around like crazy and Vulcan was just taking it all in and i could be wrong but i don't think Warlock is that good against energy draining either.

Warlock himself in that form was an excellent energy manipulator(better then Surfer), which should give him some defense against draining, particularly since he uses magic and is just simply so powerful.

#39 Posted by green_skaar (12138 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by Supermanthor (16131 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#41 Posted by LawCol (710 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2. Quasar and Vulcan are going to drain SS.

#43 Posted by Supermanthor (16131 posts) - - Show Bio

my 5000th post says bump

#44 Posted by Supermanthor (16131 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#45 Posted by Helloman (28523 posts) - - Show Bio

The team wins.