Stellar Graveyard

Rules:

• Composite Laharl
  • Well Fed 616 Galactus
  • Composite 616 Genis Vell
  • In Character but Perfect Teamwork
  • Opponents are known only by reputation
  • Anti-Spiral has feats from his own dimension

PS: The Stellar Graveyard just seemed appropriate (being part Netherworld part Cosmic). It's not really meant to have any battle significance outside of that.

Disclaimer: Skyfather sounds catchier than "Universal+".

#2 Posted by HigherPower (12293 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good T4V.

#3 Posted by KrleAvenger (26339 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure these characters are well above Skyfather tier. They are more like Low Abstract tier. Not that it matters since it does not make their feats non existent. Tag for votes. I may not be able to vote, but I want to check this one out.

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#4 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31560 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure these characters are well above Skyfather tier. They are more like Low Abstract tier. Not that it matters since it does not make their feats non existent. Tag for votes. I may not be able to vote, but I want to check this one out.

Disclaimer: Skyfather sounds catchier than "Universal+".

Read the OP next time. =P

Avatar image for deactivated-5aba78567e8b5
#5 Posted by deactivated-5aba78567e8b5 (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

Tag

#6 Posted by KrleAvenger (26339 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: Well, I feel like an idiot now. Although in my defence, I'm not the first and I certainly won't be the last user who won't bother looking at the OP before complaining about things that are in inconsequential. Sorry about that.

#7 Posted by jrupert1 (1490 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: Well, I feel like an idiot now. Although in my defence, I'm not the first and I certainly won't be the last user who won't bother looking at the OP before complaining about things that are in inconsequential. Sorry about that.

I uh... I appreciate you taking the bullet for me. ;)

#8 Edited by KrleAvenger (26339 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrupert1: I assume you wanted to say the same thing about them being above Skyfathers? Because if that's not what you are trying to say, I'm afraid I'm now following you.

#9 Edited by jrupert1 (1490 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger said:

@jrupert1: I assume you wanted to say the same thing about them being above Skyfathers? Because if that's not what you are trying to say, I'm afraid I'm now following you.

Not specifically about them being above skyfathers (which is true though) but point out that they aren't skyfathers. So I clicked on the thread and scrolled through (though glancing at the OP) in order to post when your post and the OP's response caught my eye (in my defense stuck out more than the disclaimer). haha

#10 Posted by KrleAvenger (26339 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Kevd4wg (12695 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V

#12 Edited by TheWatcherKing (18313 posts) - - Show Bio

t4v, I probably won't vote though.

#13 Posted by Marc_55 (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

TFK? Shout out to them. Tag just for that.

#14 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V.

They are Skyfathers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57
#15 Posted by deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57 (4213 posts) - - Show Bio

Tag me after every post, tho not for voting

#16 Posted by Kingant27 (16907 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
#17 Posted by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31560 posts) - - Show Bio

@jardinain2: Lifebringer is fine. No nullifyer or anything like that though.

#19 Posted by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31560 posts) - - Show Bio

@jardinain2: lol you’re overthinking things. It’s not much different from a normal CaV.

Team 1, team 2, team 1, team 2...

As for individual vs joint posts, depends on whatever format you think works best for your specific strategy. Me and andromeda are doing individual posts. I actually already have my post written up.

#21 Edited by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: Well I just wanted to make sure, some people like it differently. Ill talk to Majin then.

#22 Posted by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: You guys should go first, since Jlone hasn't finish reading stuff yet.

#23 Edited by MyLittleFascist (31560 posts) - - Show Bio

@jardinain2: Yea that's fine. I actually already wrote my post. I'm just waiting on @andromeda101 to finish hers so that I can make any last minute changes.

#24 Posted by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Edited by HigherPower (12293 posts) - - Show Bio

Man I've been wanting to do a skyfather+ debate for the longest. The Dark Schneider one never finished and I've had a burning passion to put Gabramalek on the battle boards for the longest...

#26 Posted by KrleAvenger (26339 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Marc_55 (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

Man I've been wanting to do a skyfather+ debate for the longest. The Dark Schneider one never finished and I have a burning passion to put Gabramalek on the battle boards for the longest...

Who?

#28 Edited by HigherPower (12293 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: I think you misinterpreted what I said. Full power DS vs Odin is a cool match, but that statement was just a complaint that a CaV of mine never finished (DS vs Goku) and I wanted a new one with stronger characters, like these guys who are skyfather+.

#29 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31560 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_vulcan: lol I was super-nervous about trying to argue a tactics-game character on this tier, but once I actually started my post sort of wrote itself.

#30 Posted by HigherPower (12293 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by KrleAvenger (26339 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_vulcan: lol I was super-nervous about trying to argue a tactics-game character on this tier, but once I actually started my post sort of wrote itself.

. . . @andromeda101

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0845740eb0b
#33 Posted by deactivated-5b0845740eb0b (1578 posts) - - Show Bio
@zetsumoto said:

. . . @andromeda101

No Caption Provided

Still not that accustomed to posts in CaV's format, so wait a bit more, please. I'm trying to filter only the relevant information.

#34 Posted by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Edited by MyLittleFascist (31560 posts) - - Show Bio

@jardinain2:

Who gives a damn about you? Your new name is Mid-Boss!
Who gives a damn about you? Your new name is Mid-Boss!

Tyrant Overlord Laharl:

Imagine that bratty 12 year old who constantly kicks your ass in Call of Duty, T-bags your corpse, and spams the chat with his shit-talking. Now imagine that said bratty 12 year old has superpowers. Terrifying, is it not? Now imagine that said bratty 12 year old is actually a fourth dimensional reality warper... Welcome to hell, and Laharl is it's ruler.

Arrogant, snarky, and self-centered... Overlord Laharl is the incarnation of mammon, rage, and authority. Born as the son the previous Overlord and a human witch, Laharl has always been looked down upon by the rest of the royal family. His pride and cocky attitude only enforced the opinion that he'd be an unworthy successor. After the death of his father however, Laharl quickly proved a gifted tactician and trickster; as he successfully drew out those who opposed him and eliminated them one by one.

After conquering and securing his rule over his dimension, Laharl has pretty much been left without a major goal. So what does he do? Well, he does what any bored 12 year old with god-like power would do... Troll the multiverse!

Stats and Abilities:

Out of all of Laharl's abilities, perhaps his most terrifying is his sheer speed.

No Caption Provided

In the above feat, Laharl instantaneously travels into deep space, retrieves a meteor, and rides it back Silver Surfer style before slamming it into his opponents at FTL speeds. Even the far inferior Adell is capable of flying at similar speeds:

No Caption Provided

Not only does this demonstrate just how quickly Laharl can move, it is also something Disgaea characters are capable of doing mid-combat.

As preemptive proof that levels of power displayed in attack animations are consistent with lore; aside from the fact that gameplay is occasionally referenced in dialogue, I'll point out that Laharl has performed similar feats within narrative:

No Caption Provided

In the above screen-shot, Laharl has used that same means of transportation to travel all throughout the Netherworld; systematically destroying "every star in sight" as a display of power. As Etna pointed out, this isn't even a particularly impressive feat when it comes to high level demons:

No Caption Provided

Now, many would argue that speed doesn't matter on this tier, as once you start reaching Skyfather levels of power; characters are capable of manipulating dimensions and transcending space/time. In most cases, this is a valid point...

For Laharl however, not only is he every bit as fast as heralds and speed-force users; he also has the exact same ability to manipulate space-time as other Skyfather+ beings:

No Caption Provided

At the beginning of the clip, Laharl freezes time before completely warping reality around a single target; allowing him to barrage his opponent with powerful magics. Similar feats have been displayed in lower tiered abilities and even from characters far weaker than him in status.

As for defense, well...

No Caption Provided

For the record, it's also possible to dodge the above as well.

Strategy:

Under these conditions, Laharl and Dormammu will likely adopt a "Sword and Sorcery" approach to the battle; with Dormammu hanging in the back to focus on casting his spells while Laharl applies pressure in the front.

Laharl's specialty is sword magic. By channeling his power through his sword, Laharl is capable of slashing with devastating levels of force that can cleave through the very fabric of space. Don't think this makes him a close-range fighter either; as Laharl is capable of controlling the size of his blade on an as needed basis.

Here, Laharl is able to grow his sword to the size of a planet and slash through the dimension:

Note: That is still Laharl, just with an unlockable skin
Note: That is still Laharl, just with an unlockable skin

The above attack has enough force to "Echo across the universe".

Proof that this is more than just an empty statement:

The above attack is a Tier 6 Sword Ability. This makes the exact same tier as the Big Bang ability, under fist weapons:

No Caption Provided

On that note... While Laharl is canonically a sword user, he has A rank proficiency with the vast majority of weapons in the game, including Fist skills. This means, that stat-wise, it can be assumed that he is fully capable of learning and performing the above attack. Technically speaking, since Laharl is composite I really do have this the above attack in my arsenal, but that's neither here nor there.

It should also be noted, that the character shown above is Adell. The last time Adell fought Laharl, he was completely fodderized. Actually it's worse than that. Adell couldn't even take on, Etna, Laharl's second in command.

Laharl didn't just take on Adell. He soloed Adell, Etna, Rozalin, and a number of other characters; all at the same time. While Etna was technically in a weakened state due to an improper demon summoning ritual; she was still more powerful than Adell, evidenced by the fact that she was the only one still standing at the end of the fight.

Furthermore, the above attack is only Tier 6, which means it's not even his most powerful ability. Weapon skills go up to Tier 8 and Laharl has his character specific abilities as well as his ultimate on top of that.

In fact, the tier 8 sword skill is not only more powerful than the above, but is also specialized for single-target damage out-put; making it especially lethal in confrontations such as a 2v2 match...

No Caption Provided

Not only does the above attack activate far more quickly than Dimension Slash; it also involves binding and immobilizing the target for the full duration of the combo.

In addition to this, he has displayed a wide variety of other abilities ranging from magic missiles, to fast-paced dimensional slashes, high speed sword combos, advanced spell-craft, channeling abstract mystical entities, and so on.

Summary:

• As far as I can tell, Laharl is by far the biggest physical powerhouse in the CaV.
  • He has by far the best mid-combat speed feats here and his speed retains relevancy by being combined with his 4th dimensional reality warping prowess. Yes 4d reality warping is a thing in Disgaea as shown in the text for Baal's equivalent of Overlord Dimension.
  • By taking advantage of his immense speed and combat prowess; Laharl is capable of applying constant pressure, buying time for Dormammu to weave his devastating magicks.
  • Bottom line... Via the combination of Dormammu and Laharl's specialties; the duo, for all intents and purposes, has complete control over the course of this battle.

But don't worry @majinblackheart. This will only be the SECOND time that a child has made Galactus his bitch!

Loading Video...

#36 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31560 posts) - - Show Bio

@jardinain2: @majinblackheart so I decided to toss my post up a bit early just to keep everyone's interest in this thread going. I'll probably make some edits here and there depending on the direction my partner's post takes.

#37 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31560 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by TheStarWarsGuy (285 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V

#40 Posted by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: Nice. Unless Andromeda wants to go next. I could probably get one up soonish.

#41 Posted by Rac95 (4487 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V

#42 Edited by MyLittleFascist (31560 posts) - - Show Bio

@jardinain2: She IS going next. No point in only responding to half a strategy.

Avatar image for major_hellstrom
#43 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17547 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't see LP and Andromeda as the same person. Lol. Also T4V.

#44 Edited by deactivated-5b0845740eb0b (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

@jardinain2@majinblackheart@zetsumoto.

Dormammu- The Dread Lord of the Dark Dimension!

No Caption Provided

INFO:

Once a member of an extradimensional mystical race known as the Faltine, Dormammu is a being with incalculable power and uncontrollable hunger for other universes. Supposedly older than the very concept of time itself, Dormammu and his sister Umar were exiled from their native dimension after killing their progenitor Sinifer, which made them travel to lower planes of existence until finding The Dark Dimension. Dormammu is most likely one of the oldest and most powerful beings on the MU and also the sworn nemesis of Doctor Strange himself.

Mystic Power:

Something about Dormammu that can't be disputed at all since Handbooks and sources truly do mention it, is the character being one of the most powerful and greatness mystical beings/creatures/threats/monsters in the entire universe and maybe in all the multiverse as well:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

Let's start with the basic then. Probably most famous of Dormammu's feat, his fight against Eternity during Strange Tales#146. So I'm most likely going to focus only in that instance for now since has more than enough feats for an opening. In the beginning of the issue, Dormammu in one of his weakest versions not only destroyed thousands of defensive barriers protecting Eternity itself (A multi-universal entity) and mentioned as "undreamed by man", but shuddered the very cosmos in doing so. Later just his initial attack was more than enough to send a dreadful chill who clutches the very cosmos again:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Great and all, but the best part only comes out later. Dormammu launches an attack that destroys Eternity's essence, as well nearly the universe itself and other dimensions/universes:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Doctor Strange(Who was present and saw the conflict with his very eyes) confirmed that:

No Caption Provided

We also got an impressive durability feat from that instance as well:

No Caption Provided

Dormammu is caught in the collision between two spheres/planets set against him by Eternity itself, which produced a flash of light brighter than a thousand of exploding suns and shred the very fabric of existence. That gets even more impressive later as Dormammu also tanked his own spell(Which its cosmic effects I already covered above) beforehand as revealed in Doctor Strange#172:

No Caption Provided

And even banished to another dimension on top of all, but guess what? It was reconnected on the same issue that Dormammu was still practically unscratched and still had more than enough power to one-shot the master/lord Dykkorks of that whole pan-dimension with a simple mystic bolt, who are known to be the most grotesque demons of all the cosmos and that one, in particular, held control over all the other Dykkorks through sheer-power:

All backed up by the Handbook:

No Caption Provided

I guess this should be more than enough to showcase Dormammu's power.

STRATEGY:

Dormammu is going to initially adopt a mixture of defensive/offensive position in this battle, providing backup to Laharl against some abilities while also attacking with powerful spells/magic when needed or whenever the opportunity appears. An example is protecting Laharl against telepath, which I know it's a main and normally form of attack used by the opposition, but Dormy could likely resolve this problem simply use a mystical bubble on him like Strange did on Clea during The Mystic Hands of Doctor Strange:

No Caption Provided

Strange was indeed the one who cast the spell but that doesn't mean Dormammu can't as well. As its shown above, such spell isn't above a basic mental bubble who doesn't seem take any skill at all and it's already capable of protecting against planetary telepath:

No Caption Provided

Now imagine if Strange was even really trying or if is cast by someone like Dormammu himself, who's officially confirmed to be more powerful by Marvel Encyclopedia#1:

No Caption Provided

And just in case you think that's still too low, Dormammu was once able to overtake Nightmare's mental/psych control over entire dimensions/universes in Defenders(2005)#1:

No Caption Provided

This is just one example of the protection against certain attacks that Dormammu can offer and we'll get more into this later, but his own ability to attack the team isn't out of question. Even if his raw-power isn't enough(Which I personally doubt it when looking at some of his other feats), Dormammu has other means like sealing or BFR such as used against the SS Krugarr and a future avatar of the Phoenix Force(With the rest of the GotG) named Giraud of Haven in Guardians of the Galaxy(1990)#35:

It should be noted again that was done by a far inferior version of Dormammu and to have a slight idea of how strong some of those opponents are: Krugarr is a sorcerer powerful enough to bind/seal the universal threat Baby Korvac on his own while Giraud is easily capable of making Eternity howl of pain, as well stalemate and later defeat with a small help the universal creator Ubiquitor even while weakened. Dormammu can also call upon the race of the Mindless Ones, who are easy to be controlled and used as an assistance force or a distraction if necessary. Dormammu, for example, has summoned thousands of Mindless Ones even when his essence was scratched away in multiple dimensions as shown in The Amazing Spider-Man Vol.2#57:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

For you guys have an idea, there's an entire dimension full of Mindless Ones(Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme#22 and Doctor Strange, Master of the Mystic Arts#71):

The Mindless Ones are the Dark Dimension's main and while vary a lot as far in strength goes like any race, only three of them have taken on the entire Defenders back in Avengers#118:

And there's nothing which indicates the ones above are unique among their kin, so now imagine an entire universe...Especially since the Mindless Ones seem got a power-up and supposedly can use magic as well as revealed in Deadpool: Too Soon#5? Infinite Comic:

No Caption Provided

SUMMARY:

• Dormammu should possess more than enough of raw-power to do some serious damage here and this is without count the hax that comes with his magic spells, which more shall be mentioned later.
  • He can protect Laharl from numerous abilities/powers if needed and call upon his mystical forces to add in battle as well.
  • Dormy also has the feats to compete with any character in this battle and fought opponents as powerful as before in one way or another.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's hopeless for you, hehehe.
It's hopeless for you, hehehe.
Loading Video...

#45 Posted by deactivated-5b0845740eb0b (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_hellstorm said:

I can't see LP and Andromeda as the same person. Lol. Also T4V.

What the hell does that mean, lol?

Avatar image for major_hellstrom
#46 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17547 posts) - - Show Bio

@andromeda101: I just forget you are the same user whenever I see you.

#47 Edited by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by Revan- (7959 posts) - - Show Bio

How did I not see this. Tag.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
#49 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (7308 posts) - - Show Bio

@jardinain2: T4V please. Also, if you need to know anything about Genis...PM me

#50 Edited by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmicallyaware1: Thanks. I have almost every issue he's ever been published in at my disposal. And I've used Genis at this level many times, so I shouldn't have a problem. The only thing you ever have a hiccup on is how you interpret feats with him.