VS
VS
No Caption Provided

Rules:

• In-character.
  • 616 versions.
  • Drax after his latest resurrection.
  • Win by death, KO or incapacitation.
  • Fight happens on a Helicarrier floating 1 km above New York.

Round 1:

Skurge has his axe, Drax has his blades.

Round 2:

H2h only.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Oh shit this is interesting. I don't really take not of Skruge's feats, but I assume Drax is noticeably faster and more skilled. Iirc, Drax has some degree of a piercing weakness so that might be a problem, but I still see him beating Skurge in R1 using his speed and skill. Round 2 could be more interesting, but Drax's durability is honestly pretty insane for his tier(low mid), as is his striking.

This has always impressed me

Round 2 is an even more comfortable a win for Drax imo

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Problem is Skurge's lack of feats since going by Marvel Handbooks Skurge has a strength durability speed and fighting advantage but without feats to back it Drax should take both rounds.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: some feats for Skurge.

Clashes with Hercules. Herc says that his grip is unbreakable:

Avengers Annual #1

Fight against Hulk:

Tales to Astonish #76-77

Fights against Thor Corps. While Bill was faking, it still took the combined efforts of other two to beat Skurge:

Thor #440

Trades blows with Ben Grimm and overpowers Valkyrie:

Marvel Two-In-One #7

Knocks out Thor with a sucker punch:

Thor #362

Fight against Defenders (pretty impressive that he stayed conscious after a combined hit from Hulk and Namor):

Defenders #4

And wait, how come Drax is a low mid? I saw some of his feats, and to me he looked like a legit powerhouse:

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn: Honestly, I think during Thanos imperative, Drax was reverting back to his classic form. He got(by far) significantly more impressive featsa during the event, seemingly got stupider, and was drawn markedly different from Before during DnA and later in Bendis's guardians, much closer to hsi classic form. The Lunatik/Blood Brother cases I don't take too seriously, villains disappearing for 10+ years and then only reappearing to get killed off as a jobber is basically a staple in comics, it's happened tons of times. Like how Benis had Gamora tear through the Badoon monsters despite the fact that in their hay day they were > Ben and could present some problems for a holding back surfer. Thanos was weakened in that one scan of God Cancer when Drax punched him(though Drax's striking is really good), and Terrax is one of the biggest jobbers in comics.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Toratorn

@kevd4wg said:

@toratorn: Honestly, I think during Thanos imperative, Drax was reverting back to his classic form. He got(by far) significantly more impressive featsa during the event, seemingly got stupider, and was drawn markedly different from Before during DnA and later in Bendis's guardians, much closer to hsi classic form.

In Thanos Imperative #1 it was just said that he dressed up in his classic attire, and in previous issue (Ignition) he had his normal look.

Him acting dumber was explained by Cancerverse affecting his obsession with Thanos. I don't think there was anything implying that Cancerverse changed his power levels.

As for Bendis drawing him like his classic self, it just looks like a classic "Bendis doesn't give two shits about continuity" thing.

The Lunatik/Blood Brother cases I don't take too seriously, villains disappearing for 10+ years and then only reappearing to get killed off as a jobber is basically a staple in comics, it's happened tons of times.

That's not a good reason to shrug off a feat tho. Even then, Blood Brothers in the same series managed to have an extended fight against Drax pre-resurrection, so it's not like they were portrayed as fodder.

Like how Bendis had Gamora tear through the Badoon monsters despite the fact that in their hay day they were > Ben and could present some problems for a holding back surfer.

That was an incredibly low showing for Ben. Literally no one was wrecked as badly by a Badoon Monster than he was. That showing would imply that Badoon Monster has much better striking than Savage Hulk if taken seriously. Hell, in X-Men Annual #5, where Ben and Colossus were portrayed as equals, Colossus managed to beat a Badoon Monster by himself. The Surfer showing looks just as suspect in the light of that.

Thanos was weakened in that one scan of God Cancer when Drax punched him(though Drax's striking is really good),

The one from GoTG #19, you mean? Wasn't that before the whole God Cancer thing?

and Terrax is one of the biggest jobbers in comics.

Perhaps, but that excuse only works with preconceived notion that Drax is weak and therefore Terrax was jobbing, as opposed to Drax being decently strong (something supported by his other showings) and thus being capable of taking hits from him.

Also, you haven't adressed the Magus showing.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

ZillaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus Christ an original match up... is such a thing even possible on comicvine?

Anyway i am leaning towards Skurge here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d07416730d08
deactivated-5d07416730d08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legit powerhouse one-shots.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drax couldn't even break Gladiator's grip. Pretty sure him laying the hurt on Thanos is just Bendis not understanding that he wasn't actually classic Drax in Imperative or just not knowing what he was doing.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Toratorn

@sy8000: let's be honest, Gladiator is not consistent enough to judge one's power level based on a fight against him. Not to mention, he kinda wrecked BRB recently, and some time ago choked Jane Foster with one hand, so if we base by Gladiator's modern showings, Drax losing to him is not particularly embarassing.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stalemate.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn said:

@sy8000: let's be honest, Gladiator is not consistent enough to judge one's power level based on a fight against him. Not to mention, he kinda wrecked BRB recently, and some time ago choked Jane Foster with one hand, so if we base by Gladiator's modern showings, Drax losing to him is not particularly embarassing.

Gladiator's not consistent, but even writers who think highly of him should no full well he's not comparable to Thanos. Even Starlin, who had Thanos opt to not face Gladiator physically, quite clearly showed him getting stomped by Annihilus who Thanos matched.

Unless, of course, the writer is Bendis. Bendis had Thanos grounded by a small group of Avengers, and even had him KOd by Carol. The latter instance needed to be retconned by a different writer. So it might just be that Thanos isn't powerful under Bendis.

Either way that Thanos fight shouldn't be considered valid for Drax. Drax was also fodderized by Nova Prime.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000 said:
@toratorn said:

Gladiator's not consistent, but even writers who think highly of him should no full well he's not comparable to Thanos. Even Starlin, who had Thanos opt to not face Gladiator physically, quite clearly showed him getting stomped by Annihilus who Thanos matched.

Unless, of course, the writer is Bendis. Bendis had Thanos grounded by a small group of Avengers, and even had him KOd by Carol. The latter instance needed to be retconned by a different writer. So it might just be that Thanos isn't powerful under Bendis.

Either way that Thanos fight shouldn't be considered valid for Drax. Drax was also fodderized by Nova Prime.

Oh, I'm not saying that Drax matching Thanos is supposed to be consistent. I just brought it up as a supporting evidence for my "Drax is not a low mid" point.

Scans of Nova fodderizing him?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn said:

Oh, I'm not saying that Drax matching Thanos is supposed to be consistent. I just brought it up as a supporting evidence for my "Drax is not a low mid" point.

Nova (2003) #6:

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Toratorn

@sy8000 said:
@toratorn said:

Nova (2003) #6:

Ow. Looks like Drax had a bad day. But thanks.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Going with Skurge.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@toratorn: I'm not seeing Drax replicate what Skurge did to Thor or Namor. I don't see him withstanding those kinds of impacts well either.