Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Vs.

No Caption Provided

Both incharacter with no prep or knowledge of each other.

Battle location is at Soul City.

No Caption Provided

Don_Sevour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anime or manga Asura? They differ greatly.

jt_gh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pain in a decent fight but not too much difficulty. Six Path's offers him too much versatility and the bodies are not likely to be effected by any 'madness' vibes Asura gives off (since Nagato would be miles away).

Avatar image for deactivated-57b54fc9eb0d8
deactivated-57b54fc9eb0d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anime or manga Asura? They differ greatly.

Anime and Manga feats apply for both opponents.

Don_Sevour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Don_Sevour

@impure_world: Asura, imo, if we use manga feats. He can take anything they can dish out, drive them mad passively, and take they down with AOE soul wavelength blasts while flying around. I can't see that pains doing anything to him. If it was madara, I may have a different opinion, but not Pain.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 juiceboks  Moderator

Asura oneshots them with vajra while making them go mad.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Asura.

maiamaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're remote controlled corpses. Would they really go mad?

Avatar image for deactivated-57b54fc9eb0d8
deactivated-57b54fc9eb0d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump!

Avatar image for great_black_star
great_black_star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maiamaku said:

They're remote controlled corpses. Would they really go mad?

Those remote control corpes has been affected by genjutsu, so there is no ground to assume they wouldn't be affected by madness.

Asura's body is made of black blood which is pretty indestructible, and has casual town level attack called vajra. As of now any way Pain can win this fight is by chibaku tensei.

I will give Pain 6/10 only coz even if they got affected by madness, pain got plan to counter such things as we have seen against Jiraiya.

etoro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're remotely controlled and wouldn't be driven mad, also, their coordinated attacks are no laughing matter. Plus, soul stealing, massive shinra tensei, etc. Pain wins with mid-low difficulty.

maiamaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@great_black_star: yeah that's true, I suppose. I had forgotten about the frog song, although they did break out of it. I'll be honest, I'm not super knowledgeable on asura, but wouldn't human path and hell path be able to do a soul rip?

great_black_star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maiamaku: Well Asura was a meister, who can soul rip from everyone and has trained to resist such attacks. He was the best meister of all time in Soul Eater. He was tanking soul base attacks from all like nothing.

If his soul can be extract then Shinigami would have done so already instead of going all the trouble of removing his skin and sealing him. SO I don't think human path will have any effect on him.

maiamaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asura stomps.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

etoro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@great_black_star: Good chunk of information there, does he have large city+ durability?

close to conceit right now lol

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asura

tsoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tsoj

@maiamaku: Well Asura was a meister, who can soul rip from everyone and has trained to resist such attacks. He was the best meister of all time in Soul Eater. He was tanking soul base attacks from all like nothing.

If his soul can be extract then Shinigami would have done so already instead of going all the trouble of removing his skin and sealing him. SO I don't think human path will have any effect on him.

I don't recall anyone getting training to resist having their soul ripped out of their body, just them training to get stronger to fight the various threats in the series (like pretty much every other shounen), as killing people is how souls are obtained in the first place, not through some hax soul sucking. Actually, I don't recall anyone even being able to do that in the first place, including Lord Death, who, I'm pretty sure, has to kill people for their souls as well. And that was the issue with Asura. Death couldn't take his soul because he couldn't kill him, not because Asura is resistant to soul sucking. And Death couldn't kill Asura because he's a Mature God of Death, who are immortal.

So anyway, I'm pretty sure that soul rip can kill Asura.

Asura's body is made of black blood which is pretty indestructible, and has casual town level attack called vajra. As of now any way Pain can win this fight is by chibaku tensei.

What are Asura's durability feats again? Because I don't recall him ever tanking anything like Pain's Shinra Tensei, which created a crater several times larger than a 20 km forest (which would make said forest larger than Mountain Everest, at least FoD's width compared to Mt. Everest's height anyway; I don't know Mt. Everest's length, though).

Not to mention that town level is far too low to even injure Pain (at least Deva Path anyway). This is because 6TNaruto's BD, which caused a blast the size of 20 km (in all sizes since it's a spherical blast), is over twice the size of Mt. Everest (8.848 km), and yet Pain tanked it without any issues. I'm pretty sure that's mountain busting durability at least, way above town level.

Also, I don't remember any particularly impressive speed feats from...well, Soul Eater as a whole really. Mind providing some, particularly for Asura?

Keep in mind that I'm likely forgetting a bunch of feats from Asura (as I've mentioned numerous times), and maybe other things about Soul Eater, so I wouldn't be too surprised if I'm wrong on some of this stuff.

great_black_star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tsoj:

Thing is almost every attack in SE are soul base, use to attack one's soul directly. Remember when Blact star knocks people's soul off with his big wave or the time when Frankeinstien's soul menance.

Asura is harmless to most of those attacks. In SE one's strength is define by their souls wavelength, and Asura's wavelength was strong enough to throw whole world into chaos. And sorry Shinigami or Death Gods are not immortal, coz Shinigami died at the end of the manga and Death The Kid succeeded him.

About Deva path, he was one-shotted by a rasengan and I don't think a rasengan can be more stronger than Blact-star's punch or sword slash. Not to mention Asura get scaled from Black Star who can blitz MIfune. And Mifune had sub-relativistic reaction time.

@etoro1 said:

@great_black_star: Good chunk of information there, does he have large city+ durability?

close to conceit right now lol

I can't say about this but Black star who fairly below Asura has eat nuke like explosion and let it explode inside his stomach and spit off it withou any damage. Other than that nobody in SE manga has display any attack beyond town level.

tsoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tsoj:

Thing is almost every attack in SE are soul base, use to attack one's soul directly. Remember when Blact star knocks people's soul off with his big wave or the time when Frankeinstien's soul menance.

Asura is harmless to most of those attacks. In SE one's strength is define by their souls wavelength, and Asura's wavelength was strong enough to throw whole world into chaos. And sorry Shinigami or Death Gods are not immortal, coz Shinigami died at the end of the manga and Death The Kid succeeded him.

About Deva path, he was one-shotted by a rasengan and I don't think a rasengan can be more stronger than Blact-star's punch or sword slash. Not to mention Asura get scaled from Black Star who can blitz MIfune. And Mifune had sub-relativistic reaction time.

Where does it say that every attack damages the soul directly? The only thing I can remember that does that is Black Star and Stein's soul menace, and that's a special case. Remember how Maka and Soul couldn't do anything to Crona, and yet Stein could take him down easy with his soul menace attacks? That's because soul menace is made to strike souls, and thus ignores conventional durability, unlike Maka and Soul's attacks, which were incapable of cutting through Crona because he/she was too durable. So aside from soul menace, other attacks hit the body, not the soul, unless specifies otherwise. Also, hitting the soul is still not the same as taking it, so Asura still doesn't have any feats of resisting soul stealing.

So how about feats then? Like, what has Asura actually tanked before? Because the best I can remember is that giant moon tooth that Black Star hit him with, and I'm pretty sure that isn't enough to say he could tank anything like Shinra Tensei. Saying that his soul wavelength spread across the world is great and all, but I prefer actual quantifiable feats for his stats. Also, I do agree that they can die, I'm just saying that they're generally unkillable to their own verse, and that that was why Death couldn't kill Asura rather than Asura being able to resist soul stealing (and still, no one has ever stolen a soul straight from a still living body, only hit it while the person was alive). Anyway, what is immortal to one verse may not be so for another, after all.

Yeah, after a very long fight and exhausting himself of much of his chakra. And he still tanked the BD, he doesn't just lose that feat, and Rasengan is known for it's potency and ability to strike one's insides and thus bypass conventional durability anyway. And where are you getting sub-relativistic for Mifune? I've never seen anything from SE to suggest such a speed.