• 66 results
#51 Edited by KeenCraft (825 posts) - - Show Bio
#52 Posted by Necromancer76 (3776 posts) - - Show Bio

@keencraft: That's...very interesting. I'm confused as to what makes Kun appear to be more powerful in his eyes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4df01082e4b
#53 Posted by deactivated-5c4df01082e4b (340 posts) - - Show Bio

@keencraft: That's...very interesting. I'm confused as to what makes Kun appear to be more powerful in his eyes.

Tom also said this:

The Emperor can't create Force Storms at will. They are in fact a phenomenon that occurs rarely, when the minds of two great Force users meet and struggle with each other at a distance.

Isn't surprising, that he thinks Kun > Sidious, lol.

#54 Posted by Necromancer76 (3776 posts) - - Show Bio
#55 Edited by KeenCraft (825 posts) - - Show Bio

@necromancer76 said:

@worstdebater said:
@necromancer76 said:

Tom also said this:

The Emperor can't create Force Storms at will. They are in fact a phenomenon that occurs rarely, when the minds of two great Force users meet and struggle with each other at a distance.

Isn't surprising, that he thinks Kun > Sidious, lol.

It's probably that in addition to Luke vs Exar Kun.

Or maybe it's a nonchalant answer and he doesn't care much. I can't remember where I heard it, but he also said approximately this: "Nihilus looks cooler, so he's more powerful than Sidious"

Like Karpyshyn when he wasn't interested in Revan vs Bane vs Vader. So his response was "Idk, it's a tie" and ended it by saying he can't give an answer. Clearly a dispassionate dismissal lol

#56 Posted by Dawn_of_Ages (2527 posts) - - Show Bio

@thatoneguy887:

huh....so one needs a ritual to achieve immortality, but needs to be resurrected later on....and gets killed regardless....

His physical body can be killed but the ritual's purpose was to prolong his life which is what it did. Unless Nihilus' drain did the same thing, then it's not really a valid comparison. Not to mention that Nihilus himself has his fleet destroy worlds when he fed on them.

the other, because of the effects of the mass shadow generators, immediately begins feeding on whatever force source is in the area as a passive subconscious reaction, sometimes not even that, just happens. Yeah, I'm sticking with Nihilus. He just needs his voice, the other needs prep. Done deal.

If there's proof that Nihilus can drain someone more powerful than him, sure.

#57 Posted by Dawn_of_Ages (2527 posts) - - Show Bio

While it was never confirmed that Nihilus needed a ritual, it was never confirmed that he didn't. No power 'ever' has been described as needing a voice besides a ritual. How do you explain this, if Nihilus doesn't use rituals?

"The attack on Onderon... something was attempting to use the planet itself, to feed on it, to draw on the power there. You prevented it, but it was a stalling measure. The next time will be critical."

- Knights of the Old Republic II

What was going on at the exact same time, albeit under the guise of "beast control" in the Sith tomb?

"The ritual must not be interrupted. I don't need to mention the price of failure"

-Sith Officer; Knights of the Old Republic II

"Break the ritual now"

-Sith Lord; Knights of the Old Republic II

Whether he uses the ritual for that purposes or not is not wholly confirmed. But what is confirmed is that he can't drain planets on command, and completely failed on Onderon. And it just so happens that a ritual was occurring at the exact same time, and failed as well.

He also had to land on Telos, otherwise he would have did it from his ship.

The SWTOR codex also states that Nihilus apparently needed some sort of prep.

#58 Edited by Dawn_of_Ages (2527 posts) - - Show Bio

@dawn_of_ages: Do you mind showing me those?

Revan>Vader>Nihilus (Credit to DarthAnt66):

Question: @ChrisAvellone hey what do you think would Happen if Darth Vader and Darth Nihilus clashed? Who do you think would come out on top? The lord of Hunger or the chosen one?

Answer: Vader, if Nihilus faced him in the present. If Vader went into the past, even so, it wouldn't matter b/c Revan would wreck them both. (My 2 cents.)

Source: https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/status/1056378721790132224

Revan=Vader=Bane:

"Who’s stronger – Darth Bane, Darth Revan or Darth Vader?

It’s a tie. Seriously, I can’t answer this. First, it’s not really up to me to make that kind of call. Second, it really depends on the situation. You can probably find rule books for various Star Wars role-playing games that will give you stats allowing you to compare relative strength. But from an artistic and dramatic standpoint, this kind of question has no “right” answer. Each character has strengths and weaknesses, and they grow and change as their stories progress. On any given day, at any given time, under any given circumstance anyone can win or lose. That’s what dramatic conflict is all about

Source: https://web.archive.org/web/20101218061454/http://drewkarpyshyn.com/c/?page_id=63

@keencraft already posted the Veitch quote.

#59 Posted by gabrielbelmont (911 posts) - - Show Bio

Nihilus does not use bombing (and I challenge someone to prove me that he uses)

#60 Edited by Dawn_of_Ages (2527 posts) - - Show Bio
@gabrielbelmont said:

Nihilus does not use bombing (and I challenge someone to prove me that he uses)

TCWSE outright states that he did.

No Caption Provided

The buildings on Katarr were visibly destroyed, which is obviously not the result of Drain as it only affects living beings.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cae4704c27f5
#61 Posted by deactivated-5cae4704c27f5 (1660 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Vitiate owns these fools.

#62 Edited by gabrielbelmont (911 posts) - - Show Bio

@dawn_of_ages:

1- this text can have countless meanings (one of them may be that the planet has become ruins, after losing its vital energy)

2- The buildings on Katarr were visibly destroyed, because the nihilus drain was so powerful that it had the effect of causing volcanic eruptions, tumbling cities from earthquakes, and other cataclysms.

#63 Posted by Necromancer76 (3776 posts) - - Show Bio

@dawn_of_ages: Personally, I actually agree with the first quote. Revan>Vader>Nihilus. Not because he said it but because of feats and stuff. The second quote kind of explains how he really doesn’t have authority on the matter because he doesn’t know, he’s just giving an answer. And then the Veitch one had me but seeing as how he also thinks Sidious can’t create Force Storms at will indicates why he’d think Kun is the most powerful Sith Lord.

That’s all in my opinion.

#64 Posted by Dawn_of_Ages (2527 posts) - - Show Bio

@gabrielbelmont: 1- this text can have countless meanings (one of them may be that the planet has become ruins, after losing its vital energy)

Except that the planet being in ruins is attributed to it being bombarded by the Ravager and Nihilus' troops.

The buildings on Katarr were visibly destroyed, because the nihilus drain was so powerful that it had the effect of causing volcanic eruptions, tumbling cities from earthquakes, and other cataclysms.

Unless you can find an official source stating that Drain can affect more than the life energy of living beings, let alone cause earthquakes and volcanic eruptions that's just pure conjecture.

#65 Posted by gabrielbelmont (911 posts) - - Show Bio

@dawn_of_ages: Okay, so why did not any jedi (or other inhabitants) on the planet react?

#66 Edited by KeenCraft (825 posts) - - Show Bio

@gabrielbelmont said:

@dawn_of_ages: Okay, so why did not any jedi (or other inhabitants) on the planet react?

Cause he was hiding like a worm and preparing a ritual, while his fleet may have attacked React like what? Holy *, Holy *, we're being orbitally bombarded? It's possible they reacted like that. A colony world + one old green boi and friends vs Remnant Sith Empire

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4df01082e4b
#67 Posted by deactivated-5c4df01082e4b (340 posts) - - Show Bio

Great post. 10/10

#68 Posted by Dawn_of_Ages (2527 posts) - - Show Bio

lmao

#69 Posted by Thatoneguy887 (1098 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Nihilus....

#70 Posted by Ysmir (203 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy **** this thread aged bad, It's pretty easy to understand that Nihilus drained the planet of life as well, meaning it would logically die and multiple disasters would spawn. Not to mention Visas stated that this wasn't done with weapons to start with LOL. The burden of proof falls on you whoever claimed this atrocity.