Siolo'Urmanka runs the Maul gauntlet

• 63 results
kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Note: Cheapshotting is cheating. Cheapshotting results in immediate bisection by a Padawan before immediately getting three-shotted by a master.

Round 1: TPM Maul

Round 2: TCW Maul

Round 3: Rebels Maul

Round 4: Maul fest(all the maul's)

Round 5: Sidious himself(I mean maul thinks he moved faster than sidious so... IDK ;))

Avatar image for deactivated-5a98875cd0f94
deactivated-5a98875cd0f94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

TPM Maul kills him.

Siolo caught a massively pre-TPM Maul off guard with his speed. Yeah he beat him, but caught him off guard. In the second time, Maul knew trying to beat Siolo outright would fail, thus let himself be initially beaten so he could use the double blade to cheap-shot Manka.

However, TPM Maul doesn't need any cheap-shots.

TCW Maul simply ragdolls Siolo, Rebels Maul wins, all the Mauls stomp him, and ROTS Sidious one-shots three of him. DE Sidious sweeps aside legions of him.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesithmaster:

Siolo caught a massively pre-TPM Maul

You have a source for how pre-rime said version of maul is, as in how much before tpm?

Yeah he beat him, but caught him off guard.

Horrible excuse. being vastly faster than your opponent is perfectly fair game. Siolo's two-shotting of maul was completely legit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker:

Maul was barely even a Lord, and this took place five years before TPM. It would be logical to say Maul was at least considerably pre-prime.

And Siolo stomping Maul was legitimate when Maul thought Siolo was an easy kill but then got caught off guard due to Siolo being much better and faster than Maul gave him credit for? That is legitimate? As a stomp, nope. Love how you keep ignoring context that favors Maul.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesithmaster:

Maul was barely even a Lord, and this took place five years before TPM. It would be logical to say Maul was at least considerably pre-prime.

quote? I've heard Maul was only a year pre-prime.

And Siolo stomping Maul was legitimate when Maul thought Siolo was an easy kill but then got caught off guard due to Siolo being much better and faster than Maul gave him credit for? That is legitimate?

Unless you can substantiate that Maul was holding back his speed or skill in anyway, it remains completely legitimate.

As a stomp, nope. Love how you keep ignoring context that favors Maul.

I ignore baselessly asserted context

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to say he is below all of these Mauls

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beats all the Mauls individually, may even beat them combined, but hard stop at Sidious.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c0eef934dfe
deactivated-59c0eef934dfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger said:

Beats all the Mauls individually, may even beat them combined, but hard stop at Sidious.

:0, that's an iinteresting assertion

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beats TPM Maul hard. Loses to the others.

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Likely stops at 1.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on where in the timeline the fight took place. If it was closer to TPM, then when Maul says "he was faster than anyone else" that includes Palps.

If that's the case he's at least getting to round two if they're both going in blind.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: None of them can really compete, and numbers don't make much of a difference at all.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Falls at 1.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker:

This was, IIRC, shortly after Maul became a Lord, so roughly five years before TPM. Five years pre-prime.

And it does not remain legitimate. Maul thought Siolo was an easy kill, and Siolo caught Maul off guard. Siolo was faster than Maul, but he caught Maul off guard. Maul thought he was an easy kill. When Maul tried to counter he was already injured from the cheap-shot. It was a legitimate defeat, Maul himself admitted he couldn't beat Siolo, but it was not a legitimate stomp.

And you don't ignore baselessly asserted context, you ignore context outright yelled at you in the comic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, LOL at Siolo>Palpatine in speed. Maul fought a holding back Sidious.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, LOL at Siolo>Palpatine in speed. Maul fought a holding back Sidious.

your inability to comprehend humor is not so dissimilar from your inability to properly debate

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on where in the timeline the fight took place. If it was closer to TPM, then when Maul says "he was faster than anyone else" that includes Palps.

If that's the case he's at least getting to round two if they're both going in blind.

er... I don't think maul ever fought sids at full speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker:

It's not inability to comprehend humor, just saying it's funny. And I was stating a fact. Have a problem with that?

Also, you saying I can't debate is interesting because every time you tried to debate me resulted in your sound, decisive defeat or the like bar my first debates where I had literally no experience.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: Sids fought fast enough to blitz him. The latest this could have taken place is 2 years before TPM. It's pretty significant.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beats TPM Maul hard. Loses to the others.

Do you mean it is hard for him to beat TPM Maul or he beats him hard as in an easy win? It wouldn't make sense for him to easily beat TPM Maul but lose to the others, they aren't that far above TPM Maul. Unless you are saying he barely beats TPM Maul and the others are able to win.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker:

It's not inability to comprehend humor, just saying it's funny. And I was stating a fact. Have a problem with that?

Also, you saying I can't debate is interesting because every time you tried to debate me resulted in your sound, decisive defeat or the like bar my first debates where I had literally no experience.

any debate seems like a sound decisive victory once you get used to taking l's

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss

Do you mean it is hard for him to beat TPM Maul or he beats him hard as in an easy win? It wouldn't make sense for him to easily beat TPM Maul but lose to the others, they aren't that far above TPM Maul. Unless you are saying he barely beats TPM Maul and the others are able to win.

I have TCW Maul wrecking TPM Maul, so yes, it is not that difficult to see him beating UrManka.

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is no need to insert context where there is none, lol.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthelight: I don't see how TCW Maul would wreck TPM Maul. He didn't really do much to put him far above his old self. He even had trouble with Pre Visla and TPM Maul would definitely beat Visla as well.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: It's widely been known that Filoni made the fight with Vizsla seem more even between the two because he was afraid of the Vizsla fans' reactions he would receive if he had Maul defeat him as easily as he should have.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas said:

@alextheboss: It's widely been known that Filoni made the fight with Vizsla seem more even between the two because he was afraid of the Vizsla fans' reactions he would receive if he had Maul defeat him as easily as he should have.

Lol.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By alextheboss

@thevivas said:

That didn't stop Filoni from doing Maul dirty in Rebels. The Maul fan base is dozens of times larger than Vizla's yet Filoni has a blind Kanan get the better of Maul and have Kenobi kill Maul in 3 seconds. Never trust a man that wears a cowboy hat.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss:

Well, everyone likes Kanan and Kenobi so I guess that making them wreck Maul isn't as bad.

But Filoni isn't afraid of the Vizsla fans, lmao. He just hates Maul and wants an excuse to make Maul look like a wuss. The Vizsla fight being the first instance. In TCW he covered his hate for Maul up a bit, making him look good (and of course George Lucas being in the show) but when George left the scene and didn't oversee the production of Rebels... well there you go. They made Maul a pathetic idiot who got beaten by Kanan and stomped by Kenobi.

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LordOfTheLight

Right, so apparently Maul was made to look "good" with George Lucas in TCW, but then, there is still whining going on about how Filoni hates him, despite the fact that the fight with Viszla took place in literally the same arc in the show.

At least, make it look as though you are using that marvelous instrument in your cranium.

And the "fan" argument is weak. People forget that "fans" are the only reason that what was Maul isn't scattered and ionized particles in the Naboo Theed melting pit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The Siolo fight fits into the updated chronology pretty poorly, because the way Maul created his saberstaff changed and this comic was retconned, but it likely took place well before TPM. Maul made his saberstaff shortly after completing his Sith Lord trials, when he was still mid-teens, and after that would spend like 5 years training/fighting before TPM.

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ViperSixteen

Hmm.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: The Kanan incident I can't comment on.

But we have legit reasoning behind why Maul and Kenobi's duel was so short and it wasn't "I was afraid of fan backlash". Not a good comparison at all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul was made to somewhat look good in TCW. And he did look very good compared to his Rebels iteration. The Vizsla instance kinda made him look bad, but I'm satisfied with the rest of his appearance.

When George wasn't around anymore, Filoni could freely bash Maul and make him look like a wimp. Which happened.

BTW, it's nice to see you back, ILS.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas said:

@alextheboss: The Kanan incident I can't comment on.

But we have legit reasoning behind why Maul and Kenobi's duel was so short and it wasn't "I was afraid of fan backlash". Not a good comparison at all.

Well ya, the Kenobi fight had symbolism. But the Kanan thing was pure BS.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger said:

@i_like_swords: Give me the source and quote for this retcon.

It's The Wrath of Darth Maul. I don't have the quote on-hand, but the story for why and how he makes the saberstaff is totally different in this book.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Wolfrazer
LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By LordOfTheLight

@thevivas

Kanan was amped by a moment of "Oneness" according to the actor himself. Evidently, he doesn't pull such stuff off everyday.

To be fair, it's not like the other fights in the SW continuum had "samurai style short fights" either.

Also, don't you kind of think that he was joking when he said that he was "afraid" of fan backlash? I mean he's not an idiot.

Also, great to see a debater that I personally think is one of the best ever on CV to return.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: Not much, not planning on staying long, just wanted to clear up that discrepancy.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords

Do you have cases for Maul using Sith sorcery? We know that he can effortlessly use force suppression( Cognus's ability).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthelight: If he can't use it, he at the very least will have knowledge of it. There's a source or two that state Sidious shared all manners of dark side techniques with Maul, but I either deleted or can't access my old Maul files so it's gonna be a tough job finding it lol.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthelight:

Kanan was amped by a moment of "Oneness" according to the actor himself. Evidently, he doesn't pull such stuff off everyday.

As well he shouldn't, otherwise that would be another example of the new Canon taking a dump on Legends and what makes Oneness such a rare and powerful event to begin with.

To be fair, it's not like the other fights in the SW continuum had "samurai style short fights" either.

No other two characters have as much familiarity and experience fighting each other than Obi-Wan and Maul in Canon, which is further supported by Obi-Wan baiting Maul with the same opening stance that Qui-Gon used and using that against Maul.

Also, don't you kind of think that he was joking when he said that he was "afraid" of fan backlash? I mean he's not an idiot.

There's no other reason in-universe for why Vizsla was able to do so good against Maul, better than he did against Obi-Wan even. In-universe, there's the fact that in Mando tradition, Maul couldn't use Force powers in order for his win to be legit, but other than that, there's no reason someone on Maul's level should have trouble with Viszla.

Also, great to see a debater that I personally think is one of the best ever on CV to return.

You're talking about ILS, right? Lol

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas said:

As well he shouldn't, otherwise that would be another example of the new Canon taking a dump on Legends and what makes Oneness such a rare and powerful event to begin with.

Well I think even doing it in that instance is kinda sketchy..but I mean, it wouldn't be the first thing this new Canon has ruined tbh. Or well watered down.

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By LordOfTheLight

@thevivas

No other two characters have as much familiarity and experience fighting each other than Obi-Wan and Maul in Canon, which is further supported by Obi-Wan baiting Maul with the same opening stance that Qui-Gon used and using that against Maul.

From our perspective. But in reality, you obviously know that it is not as simplistic as that.

There's no other reason in-universe for why Vizsla was able to do so good against Maul, better than he did against Obi-Wan even. In-universe, there's the fact that in Mando tradition, Maul couldn't use Force powers in order for his win to be legit, but other than that, there's no reason someone on Maul's level should have trouble with Viszla.

I don't understand this obsession with Maul's fight against Viszla.

You know Obi Wan was toying with him right? The minute the fight got serious, Viszla got tooled.

I don't see any reason why the same shouldn't be applicable here. Maul needed to win over the respect of DW, and by extension, Mandalore itself. Given the portrayal of Maul as someone skilled in manipulation, the fact that he drew the fight out could just as easily be attributed to that. And I am sure, I am not the first one to come up with this either.

Further evidence of this is, that unlike some, Maul is clearly too abusive of the force in TCW. He would have no qualms about using the force offensively, unlike Jedi( who consider it as a taboo of sorts) and heavily to injure or kill Viszla. If the fight was serious, he would have. And if he bent over for the "rules" that time, I see no reason why he wouldn't dumb down his combat abilities as well.

Canon doesn't align with Legends at all. There is little point in even trying to have a reconciliation between the two. Canon always has had( at least in movies and shows) modest use of the force and modest force user abilities. Oneness wasn't mentioned by the actor, I just assumed it based on the description of the event where he said that the "force" took over from Kanan.

You're talking about ILS, right? Lol

Obviously, because you've been somewhat active on the forum. But you would come under the same tag if you were to leave.

I meant to post it distinctly from what I addressed to you, but I didn't pay too much attention.