@jeanroygrant said:

Depends on which Ultron.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
#7 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12469 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanobomb1124 said:

Current

Current Ultron has no feats.

#8 Posted by TrueMoonchilde (2262 posts) - - Show Bio

Which version of Ultron could beat Silver Surfer?

#9 Posted by The_Thunderer (3120 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultron 5

#10 Posted by Jeronimo (809 posts) - - Show Bio

The Silver Surfer wins here. He can absorb Ultron's energy attacks until Untron's juice runs dry. Plus Ultron does not operate anywhere near the speed SS does.

Also, why can't SS just transmute Ultron into a poodle?

#11 Posted by Wonderbrezzy (230 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jeronimo: can he transmutate Adamantium?

#12 Posted by ChaosBlazer (4003 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#13 Posted by KMART4455 (1321 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wonderbrezzy said:

#14 Posted by AverageMan (148 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer can absorb any energy blasts or beams from Ultron. SS is by far faster than Ultron. There are many more feats SS has but lets just all agree with that he stomps Ultron.

#15 Posted by jojjimbo (2722 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer wins.

#16 Posted by DedrabbiT (653 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer should be able to beat any version of Ultron.

#17 Posted by Bo88gdan (5454 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer ftw

#18 Posted by Killemall (19019 posts) - - Show Bio

@DedrabbiT said:

#19 Posted by Malevolent1 (1100 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bo88gdan

Silver Surfer ftw

#20 Posted by dondave (41760 posts) - - Show Bio

QFT

#21 Posted by Jeronimo (809 posts) - - Show Bio

@KMART4455

said:

@Wonderbrezzy said:

No Caption Provided

Yes.

Avatar image for hulkslayert1000
#22 Posted by HulkSlayerT1000 (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

SS

Avatar image for supermanwins465
#23 Posted by SupermanWins465 (409 posts) - - Show Bio

surfer solos

#24 Posted by thefusescape (203 posts) - - Show Bio

What? 'solo' only is relevant during a team battle. The surfer is a beast he wins.

#25 Posted by asIsuspected (589 posts) - - Show Bio

SS should have some trouble against few versions of ultron like Ultron 5

#26 Posted by Floopay (11289 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Surfer can transmute adamantium. In fact, I don't think adamantium can be transmuted at all. Over and above this Ultron himself can repair his own adamantium body on the fly (pretty much regeneration), and Surfer can't phase through him because he's resistant to that.

Over and above this Surfer can't really harm him, and Ultron has a host of telepathic assaults, and etc. Surfer has a huge speed advantage, which could land him a win, but overall Ultron is a tough one to deal with, I won't say he "wins" but this isn't an easy victory.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#27 Posted by thefusescape (203 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't tell me Ultron could survive/dodge blasts from galactus.

#28 Posted by Floopay (11289 posts) - - Show Bio

@thefusescape said:

Don't tell me Ultron could survive/dodge blasts from galactus.

He doesn't have to do any of those things, because he's going against Silver Surfer, not Galactus. So that point is null and void. Galactus was able to bring Thanos to his knees with a single blast, and that was through his shields at full power, and he stated that he was impressed that he had to put some effort into his blast. It is more than reasonable to say that Galactus at 60% or so would easily murder Surfer with one minimal effort blast as well.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#29 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7513 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay: I thought Ultron transmuted adamantium in order to form the shapes and do repairs when necessary? The Mad Thinker in the first issue of Indestructible Hulk was using a device that he said allowed Ultron to bend adamantium to his will against the Hulk. So if Ultron can do it, I don't see why Silver Surfer can't. Also he could still affect the interior of the armor, perhaps placing a black hole within his body would KO Ultron?

#30 Posted by Floopay (11289 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

@Floopay: I thought Ultron transmuted adamantium in order to form the shapes and do repairs when necessary? The Mad Thinker in the first issue of Indestructible Hulk was using a device that he said allowed Ultron to bend adamantium to his will against the Hulk. So if Ultron can do it, I don't see why Silver Surfer can't. Also he could still affect the interior of the armor, perhaps placing a black hole within his body would KO Ultron?

Ultron has some weird barrier that makes it nigh impossible to phase things into him and through him. He uses it against Wonder Man when he goes Ionic state and again against Vision to stop him from phasing through him.

Ultron has a device that phases the admantium out and lets him reshape it to his will, but the device is mostly used for internal repairs, as his adamantium body is all but impervious to harm.

Magneto can use his magnetism to bend and shape adamantium, but that's hardly the same as transmuting. The only time adamantium has ever been damaged (True Adamantium) as far as my memory serves was when Thor swung his hammer full force against Ultron with every ounce of strength he had (his own words IIRC) and left a small dent on it's surface.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#31 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7513 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay: Changing the state of matter would be considered transmutation since it just means to change something. I don't see why Surfer couldn't duplicate the same thing through the power cosmic. Magneto can transmute it through his powers, I'm sure Surfer can do it as well, and most likely better. Surfer can probably turn it into a liquid state or change its shape. There is a debate on whether or not matter manipulation works on adamantium, since there has been evidence of it being manipulated. Though brute force doesn't work, I would assume someone, who has control of molecules on a sub-atomic level, could easily destroy the bonds keeping the material together. In the end Adamantium is just electrons, protons and neutrons. It wouldn't be outside the range of Surfer's abilities to break these bonds. Also I don't see how the barrier would stop Surfer from affecting his interiors? Scarlet Witch has been able to do so in the past with her hexes, unless he somehow evolved to counter someone from messing with his insides.

#32 Posted by Floopay (11289 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

@Floopay: Changing the state of matter would be considered transmutation since it just means to change something. I don't see why Surfer couldn't duplicate the same thing through the power cosmic. Magneto can transmute it through his powers, I'm sure Surfer can do it as well, and most likely better. Surfer can probably turn it into a liquid state or change its shape. There is a debate on whether or not matter manipulation works on adamantium, since there has been evidence of it being manipulated. Though brute force doesn't work, I would assume someone, who has control of molecules on a sub-atomic level, could easily destroy the bonds keeping the material together. In the end Adamantium is just electrons, protons and neutrons. It wouldn't be outside the range of Surfer's abilities to break these bonds. Also I don't see how the barrier would stop Surfer from affecting his interiors? Scarlet Witch has been able to do so in the past with her hexes, unless he somehow evolved to counter someone from messing with his insides.

Yes, but you forget Scarlet Witch is the ONLY one who has ever affected his interior, and that was via magic, something Surfer doesn't have.

And as for transmuting his adamantium, obviously it's not that easy or else others would have done it to him by now, and there's also the problem of Ultron's own devices countering any attempt Surfer makes. It's hard to assume he could do something that there's a built in counter to, and something that Ultron (being a machine) would begin countering the instant the Surfer attempts anything on him.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#33 Posted by spawn_123 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

SS

#34 Posted by God_Spawn (43561 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay: Adamantium has been transmuted before. Thanos did it to Wolverine by converting his skeleton to rubber. And Surfer has completely deatomized an opponent before, meaning he would have had to affect his interior to do so.

#35 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7513 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay: I never stated an opinion on who would win in a battle, I was just pointing out some options that Surfer could take. Whether or not he can accomplish these is a different questions. It really comes down to whether or not Surfer can bypass Ultron's defense systems.

Avatar image for hulkslayert1000
#36 Posted by HulkSlayerT1000 (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malevolent1 said:

@Bo88gdan

Silver Surfer ftw

#37 Posted by Floopay (11289 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf: @god_spawn:

Even I don't think Ultron could pull the majority here, I'm simply making a case that this would actually be a difficult battle. And Surfer's transmutation is questionable here, but I think that device of Ultron's could pretty handily disable that option as a viable win for Surfer, making him resort to the rest of his arsenal over his transmutation abilities.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#38 Posted by Freefa11 (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@Floopay: Adamantium has been transmuted before. Thanos did it to Wolverine by converting his skeleton to rubber.

Thanos actually had the Infinity Gauntlet there though, so it doesn't make for a great comparison with the Surfer's abilities.

@Floopay: I don't know which Ultron can do what. However, I do remember that in Secret Wars, one was beaten by Galactus simply sucking out all his power. After he was reactivated, he was beaten again by the Human Torch going nova at point blank range, which apparently managed to damage his non-adamantium components enough to shut him down. I have heard Wonder Man similarly defeated an Ultron at least once by just smashing him around until something inside him broke. And in Iron Age 1, Iron Man and Ant Man working together manage to screw up Ultron's molecular rearranger and shut him down that way, so those things are vulnerable to non-magical attacks. And, IMO, the Surfer can indeed do anything Magneto can, and then some.

So between the above options, and the Surfer's generally high levels of strength, speed, and durability, I think Ultron ultimately has pretty negligible chances of actually winning. Maybe it would take Surfer a while to finally put him down, especially since non-bloodlusted Surfer doesn't like destroying much of anything if he doesn't have to, but eventually I think Norrin will pretty much always come out on top.

#39 Posted by TrueMoonchilde (2262 posts) - - Show Bio

@asIsuspected said:

SS should have some trouble against few versions of ultron like Ultron 5

Why would he have trouble with Ultron-5? Ultron-5 is literally the weakest version of Ultron we've seen so far. That version didn't even have the adamantium shell that pretty much every other version has had.

#40 Posted by Charlie_Jade (549 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe Silver Surfer would beat Ultron but not so easily. I don't think Adamantium can be transmuted, when Thanos did it to Wolverine he had the Gauntlet a source of infinite power.

IG's transmutation >Thanos>Surfer

Silver Surfer usually holds back and fights passive, he rarely uses his full speed or full power

it would take a lot to make Surfer go all out while Ultron usually enters fights in bloodlust

Ultron's outer shell is immune to physical force, but his insides are not. Surfer could possibly hit his body so hard the force of impact transfers and damages his insides....its happened to Ultron before and it would play out much like the way Hulk bashed Wolverine around and damaged the brain inside Wolverine's adamantium skull.

If Surfer operates at full speed then Ultron should not tag him

Surfer has some feats of psychically messing with electronics, his cosmic power has given him some technopathy feats...he has reprogrammed spaceships software, he has a feat where he shut down every electronic machine on Earth, this cosmic ability to mess up or reprogram computers can possibly also mess with Ultron

The Silver Surfer has also shrunk himself down to microverse sub atomic size and can possibly go inside Ultron or phase like Vision, people who get inside Ultron's shell usually beat him...Antman has done it before

Avatar image for henryarguelles5
#41 Posted by henryarguelles5 (375 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer snuffs out Ultron's energy, just like Galactus did in Secret Wars. No contest.

#42 Posted by asIsuspected (589 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moonchilde: the weakest version is the original ultron which is ultron 1

#43 Posted by TrueMoonchilde (2262 posts) - - Show Bio

@asIsuspected: Theoretically yes, but the first time we meat Ultron, he's Ultron-5. Implying of course that there were 4 earlier attempts that Pym had tried before we as readers meet the character. Making 5 still the weakest one we've actually seen.

#44 Posted by God_Spawn (43561 posts) - - Show Bio

@Freefa11: Nvm, went through the instance again. Regardless, the user said adamantium could not be transmuted when it has. I wasn't making a comparison to Surfer, just pointing out he was wrong. Whether you find the instance a bad comparison when I really didn't make one, just pointing out ady can be transmuted and that Surfer has completely deatomized opponents affecting their insides, is irrelevant.

#45 Posted by asIsuspected (589 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moonchilde said:

@asIsuspected: Theoretically yes, but the first time we meat Ultron, he's Ultron-5. Implying of course that there were 4 earlier attempts that Pym had tried before we as readers meet the character. Making 5 still the weakest one we've actually seen.

could then ultron that slayed the the population of Slorenia and was made from not secondary but pure adamantium be a formidable foe for SS. cause people here seem to forget that Ultron is a team level thread and has victories over guys like Thor on his record.....

#46 Posted by deaditegonzo (4168 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Silver Surfer would even beat the Adamantium Ultron. If Human Torch's Nova can destroy Ultron's internals, SS could very easily replicate that.

Silver Surfer, and its no big.

#47 Posted by Floopay (11289 posts) - - Show Bio

@Freefa11:

All of those are true, though in Iron Man 1 I believe Iron Man had some sort of device (basically a plot device :P) that helped him do it.

I don't think Surfer will take this easily is all I'm saying. Surfer isn't immune to telepathic assault, he's been harmed by it before, and Ultron has several ways to mentally assault someone. Including an attack that he can broadcast over a vast area to paralyze his opponents. Plus the overwhelming durability advantage, size advantage, and though he doesn't have the speed, he actually has pretty good reflexes, it's not often one gets the upper hand on him with sheer speed alone.

Again, I've never debated him taking the majority here, I just think he'd give Surfer a heck of a fight.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#48 Posted by Floopay (11289 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@Freefa11: Nvm, went through the instance again. Regardless, the user said adamantium could not be transmuted when it has. I wasn't making a comparison to Surfer, just pointing out he was wrong. Whether you find the instance a bad comparison when I really didn't make one, just pointing out ady can be transmuted and that Surfer has completely deatomized opponents affecting their insides, is irrelevant.

Well I haven't read every comic :P

As far as affecting his insides go, ever since his third or forth incarnation he's had his internal workings protected.

Proof of this was first shown against Wonder Man when he tried to phase though him:

Iron Man did in fact break through his shield, but this I believe is the instance you were referring to. He had a special device created just for doing so.

I think the only person who has gotten through his outer shell since the Iron Man instance was Scarlet Witch.

Again, not debating he takes the majority, just debating that actually stands a reasonable chance of turning the tides here, and could even pull a win. Though maybe not the majority, a good minority.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for supermanwins465
#49 Posted by SupermanWins465 (409 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer solos with ease

#50 Posted by sammystorm75 (222 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer since he's faster and as Durable as Ultron and Ultron is known for doing Bloodlusted Battles since thats pretty much the only battles he does.