• 52 results
#1 Posted by skywalker95 (4767 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre New 52, Post Annihilation

Orion has the Astro Force

Team have Full Knowledge on Norrin

Battle on Apokolips

Morals on, Ko to Win

#2 Edited by EmpressOfDread (12367 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman and Orion+Captain Marvel in a bloody hell of a fight.

#3 Posted by SuperHulk24 (534 posts) - - Show Bio

Team stomps.

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
#4 Posted by xMangog__Beastx (4736 posts) - - Show Bio

Team.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
#5 Posted by Simon_the_digger (7054 posts) - - Show Bio

Team beats him down.

#6 Posted by phillip33 (4280 posts) - - Show Bio

surfer imo. Orion is the only threat here for him.

#7 Posted by MrStranger (1894 posts) - - Show Bio

Team.

#8 Posted by Kevd4wg (12798 posts) - - Show Bio

Team, but only because of Orion

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#9 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11927 posts) - - Show Bio

Can go either way. I bet Surfer would still pull it off.

#10 Posted by 20damon (6125 posts) - - Show Bio

Team, Orion as MvP, Surfer is literal kryptonite to Superman, powerset wise.

#11 Posted by King-Ragnar (4218 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg said:

Team, but only because of Orion

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
#12 Posted by ITouchedTheBoat (3393 posts) - - Show Bio

Orion wins, oops I mean Team wins because the other teammates definitely matter here lol

#13 Edited by AbstractRaze (2752 posts) - - Show Bio

@20damon said:

This is biased, The Silver Surfer must physically touch Superman in order to drain Superman's power, otherwise it's not going to work because of Superman's bio-aura which are even capable to reject energy projection capabilities, such as the Omega Beams, this means Silver Surfer can't drain Superman's power through energy-projection capabilities, only through physical means, both Silver Surfer and Superman are equal in terms of speed, probably Superman is a bit faster or equal when it comes of travel speeds, but Superman is way superior when it comes to fighting speed.

#14 Posted by 20damon (6125 posts) - - Show Bio

@20damon said:

This is biased, The Silver Surfer must physically touch Superman in order to drain Superman's power, otherwise it's not going to work because of Superman's bio-aura which are even capable to reject energy projection capabilities, such as the Omega Beams, this means Silver Surfer can't drain Superman's solar energy through energy projection capabilities only through physical means, both Silver Surfer and Superman are equal in terms of speed, probably Superman is a bit faster when it comes of travel speeds, but Superman is way superior when it comes of fighting speed.

Bio aura that rejects energy proj... wtf.

Well, that's a first at least!

#15 Edited by AbstractRaze (2752 posts) - - Show Bio
@20damon said:
@abstractraze said:
@20damon said:

This is biased, The Silver Surfer must physically touch Superman in order to drain Superman's power, otherwise it's not going to work because of Superman's bio-aura which are even capable to reject energy projection capabilities, such as the Omega Beams, this means Silver Surfer can't drain Superman's solar energy through energy projection capabilities only through physical means, both Silver Surfer and Superman are equal in terms of speed, probably Superman is a bit faster when it comes of travel speeds, but Superman is way superior when it comes of fighting speed.

Well, not exactly rejects but repels secondary effects, such as is and was always the case against the Omega-beams which are even beyond transmutation/matter manipulation, because the Omega-beams deletes or vanishes the target from existence which is a reality warping capability, it rewrites information as well, considering that energy can't be destroyed rather transformed.

So The Silver Surfer is forced to grip Superman, the way must be physical.

#16 Posted by 20damon (6125 posts) - - Show Bio

@20damon said:
@abstractraze said:
@20damon said:

Well, not exactly rejects but repels secondary effects, such as is and was always the case against the Omega-beams which are even beyond transmutation/matter manipulation, because the Omega-beams deletes or vanishes the target from existence which is a reality warping capability, it rewrites information as well, considering that energy can't be destroyed rather transformed.

I'm sure you'll be showing scans that Superman has some aura that prevents draining and Surfer ever needing to physically touch someone to drain them. But my idea is more along these lines than draining:

No Caption Provided

#17 Posted by AbstractRaze (2752 posts) - - Show Bio

@20damon said:
@abstractraze said:
@20damon said:
@abstractraze said:
@20damon said:

I'm sure you'll be showing scans that Superman has some aura that prevents draining and Surfer ever needing to physically touch someone to drain them. But my idea is more along these lines than draining:

No Caption Provided

You are indirectly saying that The Silver Surfer could copy the properties of Kryptonite, but does The Silver Surfer know what Kryptonite is? would the Silver Surfer's radiation penetrate through Superman's bio-aura in order to recognize a Kryptonian's weakness? there are too many questions, furthermore, Superman's bio-aura is capable to repel manipulative intentions expressed through energy-projection capabilities which was the case against the Omega-Beams.

#18 Posted by TheKinfing (11793 posts) - - Show Bio

Team handily...very stacked in their favor.

#19 Posted by 20damon (6125 posts) - - Show Bio

@20damon said:
@abstractraze said:
@20damon said:
@abstractraze said:
@20damon said:

No Caption Provided

You are indirectly saying that The Silver Surfer could copy the properties of Kryptonite, but does The Silver Surfer know what Kryptonite is? would the Silver Surfer's radiation penetrate through Superman's bio-aura in order to recognize a Kryptonian's weakness? there are too many questions, furthermore, Superman's bio-aura is capable to repel manipulative intentions expressed through energy-projection capabilities which was the case against the Omega-Beams.

@lvenger@krleavenger Can you comment on this .... bioaura... thingy?

#20 Posted by gunchar16 (1817 posts) - - Show Bio

Team due to Orion, but bloodlusted would Norrin win.

#21 Posted by KrleAvenger (26082 posts) - - Show Bio

@20damon: As far as I know, the so called Bio-Electric Aura is a concept introduced in Superpower Fandom Wiki, and is not something that has ever been established, brought up, or explained in comics.

#22 Posted by MorbusGrav (1316 posts) - - Show Bio

Either way.

#23 Posted by 20damon (6125 posts) - - Show Bio

@20damon: As far as I know, the so called Bio-Electric Aura is a concept introduced in Superpower Fandom Wiki, and is not something that has ever been established, brought up, or explained in comics.

That's what i thought, thanks.

#24 Edited by AbstractRaze (2752 posts) - - Show Bio

@20damon: @krleavenger:

Nope... learn to search... Superman's bio-electrical aura is real, without it, Superman won't stand a chance against the Omega-Beams.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#25 Posted by Marishtar (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

Team with Orion as mvp.

#27 Posted by Taskofwar (600 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by FiendishMind (645 posts) - - Show Bio

@20damon: @abstractraze:

We've seen on a number of occasions that manipulation of Superman's stored solar energy from a distance is quite possible. Doctor Polaris achieving it with his electromagnetic manipulation abilities and Major Force achieving it with "Dark Quantum Energy". Furthermore Surfer has shown the ability to drain from a distance more often that he has from touch, it's actually more in character for him to try from a distance.

#29 Edited by AbstractRaze (2752 posts) - - Show Bio
@fiendishmind said:

We've seen on a number of occasions that manipulation of Superman's stored solar energy from a distance is quite possible. Doctor Polaris achieving it with his electromagnetic manipulation abilities and Major Force achieving it with "Dark Quantum Energy". Furthermore Surfer has shown the ability to drain from a distance more often that he has from touch, it's actually more in character for him to try from a distance.

That's true, in a long-term which was the situation during their confrontation, for example, Darkseid's Omega-Beams are capable to physically inflict some damage against Superman but the Omega-effect does not work on him, Polaris blinded Superman in order to disconcert him and then he achieved it, Superman was disconcerted and caught off-guard, but if Superman goes all out, Polaris would have no chance.

However, a reasonable amount of time is required, The Silver Surfer's matter/energy manipulation has a higher efficiency at the time he touches Superman, but not when he expresses the same goal/purpose through energy-projection.

#30 Edited by FiendishMind (645 posts) - - Show Bio
@abstractraze said:
@fiendishmind said:

That's true, in a long-term which was the situation during their confrontation, for example, Darkseid's Omega-Beams are capable to physically inflict some damage against Superman but the Omega-effect does not work on him, Polaris blinded Superman in order to disconcert him and then he achieved it, Superman was disconcerted and caught off-guard, but if Superman goes all out, Polaris would have no chance.

However, a reasonable amount of time is required, The Silver Surfer's matter/energy manipulation has a higher efficiency at the time he touches Superman, but not when he expresses the same goal/purpose through energy-projection.

When has Superman showed notable resistance to solar draining or manipulation? I can think of three occasions off the top of my head where he just dropped like a brick the second it happened.

Actually Surfer's best draining feats are from a distance and I've seen nothing to indicate "touching" would improve the efficiency at all.

#31 Edited by AbstractRaze (2752 posts) - - Show Bio
@fiendishmind said:
@abstractraze said:
@fiendishmind said:

When has Superman showed notable resistance to solar draining or manipulation? I can think of three occasions off the top of my head where he just dropped like a brick the second it happened.

Actually Surfer's best draining feats are from a distance and I've seen nothing to indicate "touching" would improve the efficiency at all.

And my point is that it would due to Superman's bio-aura protecting him from manipulations against his physiology, that's why Polaris was forced to blind Superman in order buy more time and achieve it, yes, The Silver Surfer's energy/matter manipulation feats are stronger when expressed through energy-projection, but in this case it would be via-touching Superman.

#32 Posted by reaverlation (25881 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer can drop them with TP. Otherwise, Team.

#33 Posted by pastepotpete1 (3399 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer can drop them with TP. Otherwise, Team.

surfer has telepathy ? since when?

#34 Edited by KrleAvenger (26082 posts) - - Show Bio

@20damon: @abstractraze: Your second scan is not even canon. It's from All-Star Superman #1. The first scan is related to creation of Superboy and histelekinesis, created from that aura. However, there was no detailed explanation on how that aura came to be or what does it do. Does it have something to do with acceleratee movements of his molecules? Does it have to do with Solar Radiation stored inside his body? Or is it relevant to his ability to manipulate his own personal gravity and fly? We don't know. All we know is that he has an aura, but that aura never prevented him from getting touched, punched, hurt, damaged, KO'd, almost killed, blasted, stabbed or overall affected in any kind of way. Saying that aura will somehow protect him from getting drained despite the fact that we have no idea what properties that aura has, is an argument that doesn't have any weight to it and is based off of subjective opinion and speculation and nothing else.

That is, unless you have another instance where it was mentioned and explained in detail, and I just missed it. If that is the case, feel free to provide context, issue number and scan and prove me wrong. I'm opened to a discussion, but only if you know how to provide proper evidence. I'm not gonna make assertive accusations but I hope you are not just searching for those scans on google without even reading the issue? I'm not saying you do, but considering the fact that you did not known that your second scan is not even canon, therefor irrelevant to this discussion because we are not talking about All-Star Superman but regular, New Earth/Post Crisis Superman, I would ask you to please double check your reference and make sure that the source is valid. Especially because one of the first things that popped out after I googled "Superman's aura" was your first scan, with identical image quality and was cropped the exact same way, without providing full context or citation of the issue.

#35 Posted by Lan_Fan (14961 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on Silver Surfer's jobbing aura at that time.

#36 Edited by AbstractRaze (2752 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger said:

@20damon: @abstractraze: Your second scan is not even canon. It's from All-Star Superman #1. The first scan is related to creation of Superboy and histelekinesis, created from that aura. However, there was no detailed explanation on how that aura came to be or what does it do. Does it have something to do with acceleratee movements of his molecules? Does it have to do with Solar Radiation stored inside his body? Or is it relevant to his ability to manipulate his own personal gravity and fly? We don't know. All we know is that he has an aura, but that aura never prevented him from getting touched, punched, hurt, damaged, KO'd, almost killed, blasted, stabbed or overall affected in any kind of way. Saying that aura will somehow protect him from getting drained despite the fact that we have no idea what properties that aura has, is an argument that doesn't have any weight to it and is based off of subjective opinion and speculation and nothing else.

That is, unless you have another instance where it was mentioned and explained in detail, and I just missed it. If that is the case, feel free to provide context, issue number and scan and prove me wrong. I'm opened to a discussion, but only if you know how to provide proper evidence. I'm not gonna make assertive accusations but I hope you are not just searching for those scans on google without even reading the issue? I'm not saying you do, but considering the fact that you did not known that your second scan is not even canon, therefor irrelevant to this discussion because we are not talking about All-Star Superman but regular, New Earth/Post Crisis Superman, I would ask you to please double check your reference and make sure that the source is valid. Especially because one of the first things that popped out after I googled "Superman's aura" was your first scan, with identical image quality and was cropped the exact same way, without providing full context or citation of the issue.

It doesn't change the fact that the first scan is related to Kryptonians, and considering the second scan, I didn't in fact know that it wasn't Superman from the main continuity, the scan is pretty much popular on the matter as the first one, however, it's in some sense a reference which highlights the existence of such aura and considering that Superman is capable to repel Darkseid's Omega-Effect is because of such aura, it's simple deduction.

Because:

1. The Omega Effect can't be countered with mere brute strength.

2. Through common molecular, atomical or quantic means so far.

So what is left? Superman's bio-aura changing the equation, I'm not saying that it makes him immune, but it protects and offers him resistance against manipulations which threatens his physiological composition.

And this, we're talking about the Omega-Effect, which is a reality warping capability, even the likes of Dr.Manhattan who knows and domains the quantum field at its peak, he can't delete information because it's physically not possible, because energy can't be destroyed, rather transformed.

The only thing we know, the more solar energy he absorbs, he becomes physically stronger, faster and those are common physical attributes unless you tell me that Superman has mythical and magical attributes which protects him against the Omega-effect which we all know it's not the case because it's the Kryptonian's complex genetical codification which offers such aura, proper by the Kryptonian race + Superman is weak against magic, it would be contradictory he has magic or mythical attributes while being weak against such a thing.

#37 Posted by KrleAvenger (26082 posts) - - Show Bio

@abstractraze:

It doesn't change the fact that the first scan is related to Kryptonians, and considering the second scan, I didn't in fact know that it wasn't Superman from the main continuity, the scan is pretty much popular on the matter as the first one, however, it's in some sense a reference which highlights the existence of such aura

Ok, I apologize for saying you didn't know that. However, using a scan related to All-Star Superman does not apply to New Earth Superman for several reasons, one being the fact that it is an alternate reality so those are different versions of the characters. The other one being the fact that All-Star Superman's physiology and interaction with several forms of radiation are different compared to New Earth Superman due to his condition. So he's not just an alternate version of Superman, but alternate and confirmed to be different version of Superman. And All-Star scan describes it as "Bio Electric Aura", while the one with Superboy is just referred to as "aura", and has no established applications to it as far as I know.

and considering that Superman is capable to repel Darkseid's Omega-Effect is because of such aura, it's simple deduction.

Because:

So what is left? Superman's bio-aura changing the equation, I'm not saying that it makes him immune, but it protects and offers him resistance against manipulations which threatens his physiological composition.

Omega Effect can be dealt with through sheer physical capabilities, as it was tanked by other powerful beings in the past without any special applications. Orion being one of them, without even relying on Astro Force. Add to the fact that Omega Beams Darkseid uses do not always do the same thing. While they are capable of altering the molecule structure of the target or even destroying it, they can also affect person's soul, send them through time or even be used as regular powerful energy blasts. They do not always retain same purpose and it always depends on what Darkseid wants to do with the target when he uses the Omega Beams. As far as we know, when Clark tanked Omega Beams, they were intended to just be used as regular energy attacks without him trying to transmutate him. The one time Uxas actually tried to disintegrate Clark with Omega Beams, Diana came to safe him and reflect the beams with bracelets.

I'm also not sure how tanking matter altering attacks has to do with having solar radiation stored in your body for empowerment, drained. Those two are not the same thing. One is related to durability and strong bond between atoms, not draining resistance.

#39 Posted by Whulf (186 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer devolves all combatents to infancy.. Before any of them even have a chance to move..

Then its lights out for the team.

#40 Posted by Alsimmons77 (1677 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan said:

Depends on Silver Surfer's jobbing aura at that time.

#41 Posted by Ravenholic (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Silver can still get this one.

#42 Edited by TheArchon (1197 posts) - - Show Bio

@20damon: Creating Kryptonite won’t work for Surfer since that Kryptonite won’t be from Superman’s universe and even if it was, he has withstood nuclear bombs while sitting in it. The guy even went through a red sun which was surrounded by Kryptonite and then hit Mogo at light speed without any issue.

As Lex Luthor once said, completely draining Superman is quite almost impossible since the more you drain him from his solar energy, the more he absorbs it. He might be weakened but he’ll still be able to fight. Can Silver Surfer fight someone who can become intangible and invisible with the speed and strenght of Superman?

#43 Posted by TheArchon (1197 posts) - - Show Bio

@reaverlation: TP isn’t getting Superman. Martian Manhunter cannot beat him that way because of a protection he has. Manhunter explained it in a comic. But I don’t remember which one.

#44 Posted by RobertMiles1 (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

the surfer reduces them all to subatomic particles with one blink

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
#45 Posted by RampageTheFirst (7700 posts) - - Show Bio

Team stomps, Superman and Orion can duo, Orion alone gives him a tough fight and can arguably take him on his own.

#46 Posted by Eeef (2122 posts) - - Show Bio

A morals off Surfer should be able to take the team down, if not then team takes it.

#47 Edited by AbstractRaze (2752 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger said:

@abstractraze:

It doesn't change the fact that the first scan is related to Kryptonians, and considering the second scan, I didn't in fact know that it wasn't Superman from the main continuity, the scan is pretty much popular on the matter as the first one, however, it's in some sense a reference which highlights the existence of such aura

Ok, I apologize for saying you didn't know that. However, using a scan related to All-Star Superman does not apply to New Earth Superman for several reasons, one being the fact that it is an alternate reality so those are different versions of the characters. The other one being the fact that All-Star Superman's physiology and interaction with several forms of radiation are different compared to New Earth Superman due to his condition. So he's not just an alternate version of Superman, but alternate and confirmed to be different version of Superman. And All-Star scan describes it as "Bio Electric Aura", while the one with Superboy is just referred to as "aura", and has no established applications to it as far as I know.

and considering that Superman is capable to repel Darkseid's Omega-Effect is because of such aura, it's simple deduction.

Because:

Omega Effect can be dealt with through sheer physical capabilities, as it was tanked by other powerful beings in the past without any special applications. Orion being one of them, without even relying on Astro Force. Add to the fact that Omega Beams Darkseid uses do not always do the same thing. While they are capable of altering the molecule structure of the target or even destroying it, they can also affect person's soul, send them through time or even be used as regular powerful energy blasts. They do not always retain same purpose and it always depends on what Darkseid wants to do with the target when he uses the Omega Beams. As far as we know, when Clark tanked Omega Beams, they were intended to just be used as regular energy attacks without him trying to transmutate him. The one time Uxas actually tried to disintegrate Clark with Omega Beams, Diana came to safe him and reflect the beams with bracelets.

I'm also not sure how tanking matter altering attacks has to do with having solar radiation stored in your body for empowerment, drained. Those two are not the same thing. One is related to durability and strong bond between atoms, not draining resistance.

Regarding the first point, yes, the second scan belongs in fact to a completely different version of Superman, we don't have to argue there, but it's in some sense a big casualty that such aura is called as a bio-electrical one, considering that during the post-crisis, an unknown aura by a Kryptonian was highlighted, when the Cadmus Center explained to Superboy, the reason why he didn't have the same abilities as Superman and it's because the Cadmus Center translated such mysterious aura into a telekinetic field, in a hopeful attempt to simulate a Kryptonian's genetical physiology/natural functions under the right circumstances, but at the end of the day, it doesn't change the fact that such aura includes biological aspects in regard to a Kryptonian's physiology, which can't be successfully cloned under common means, that's the reason why Superboy couldn't deflect fire, lasers, no super-hearing, X-rays, etc...

Comic Adventures of Superman Nr.506

No Caption Provided

In correlation with:

No Caption Provided

Conclusion on the matter:

Such aura is biological, since it's part of a Kryptonian's biological function which allows them to deflect different types of energy, it maximizes the hearing, etc...

The following biological aura shares similar properties with a telekinetic field, which is expressed as a energy-field, therefore it's a biological energy-field under common definition, because the definition of aura within the context, is an energy-field which originates from a living being and the definition of living being is:

The property or quality that distinguishes living organisms from dead organisms and inanimate matter, manifested in functions such as metabolism, growth, reproduction, and response to stimulation or adaptation to the environment originating from within the organism.

---------------------------------------------------------

The second point, yes, Darkseid's Omega-Effect has a lot of variations, such as was the case when he imprisoned Hank Henshaw within a tiny sphere, during the Hunter Prey series.

However, at the first attempt, Darkseid wanted to erase Superman as he was wondered that no one could stand a chance against the Omega-Beams before, however, such wonder would be contradictory/superfluous by supposing that Darkseid didn't have decisive intentions to shut down Superman after the first attempt, don't you think?

Then comes Doomsday as one of so many exceptions, who can be considered as a pseudo-ancient Kryptonian, it's still not clear how Doomsday's physiology is, it's even a bigger mystery than Superman's.

The rest of situations, Darkseid is a villain who likes to toy and manipulate others, in the case of the fight with Orion, Darkseid didn't have the intentions to kill him as it was the case with Hank Henshaw, in order to use them in another moment which could suit his interests.

#48 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

The team wins.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
#49 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (9086 posts) - - Show Bio

Morals off SS destroys them. Morals on the team wins

#50 Posted by NortonEk (327 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah Comicvine. How do you still consider Norrin has a chance? Surfer gets destroyed