Silver Surfer and Thor vs Adam Warlock and Captain Atom

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 King_Saturn  Online

Who wins in an all out battle between these Cosmic Powerhouses ? Silver Surfer and Thor vs Adam Warlock and Captain Atom ? Both Silver Surfer and Thor are at Standard Levels of Power. Adam Warlock is at most recent level of power minus the Soul Gem. Captain Atom is at his Pre 52 Levels. Fight takes place in Space. Random Encounter.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver Surfer vs Captain Atom is hard to debate (and I like them both), but however, Adam Warlock is the weakest here (I didn't follow up on Adam Warlock recently, so I might missed something) and Surfer should beat him easily. But the inclusion of Thor should give the team 1 higher chance of winning.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 King_Saturn  Online

Silver Surfer vs Captain Atom is hard to debate (and I like them both), but however, Adam Warlock is the weakest here (I didn't follow up on Adam Warlock recently, so I might missed something) and Surfer should beat him easily. But the inclusion of Thor should give the team 1 higher chance of winning.

what makes Adam Warlock the weak link in your opinion ?

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angryhulks said:

Well, actually Adam Warlock have held his own against Thor, but that's was long time ago. However, Adam Warlock was nearly KOed by Punisher robots, that's what I think made me think he's weak. He might as well have upgrade now because I didn't follow up on him recently.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 King_Saturn  Online

@king_saturn said:

@angryhulks said:

Well, actually Adam Warlock have held his own against Thor, but that's was long time ago. However, Adam Warlock was nearly KOed by Punisher robots, that's what I think made me think he's weak. He might as well have upgrade now because I didn't follow up on him recently.

alrighty

Avatar image for silverjuggernaut
silverJuggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

i think silver surfer and thor will win this one.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By czarny_samael666

@king_saturn said:

@angryhulks said:

Very different Warlock than this one.

IMO it is really hard to decide. They all have so many powers based on magic and cosmic energies...

Warlock's sihelds should be able to survive any attack from people from team 1. Killemall belives that Adam still can affect sould of his enemies. If it is truth then Team 2 should win.

Avatar image for ultrasupertrooper
UltraSuperTrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 takes majority I think. should be a good fight

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

anyone else ?

INFINITE_DOOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have to go with team one due to the fact that Silver Surfer and Captain Atom are on a even field in my opinion, the little i know of Adam Warlock does not suffice to beat Thor.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rolldestroyer

team 1 IMO

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By New_World_Order

Silver Surfer and Thor.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 King_Saturn  Online

any more in depth reasons for you choices ?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 King_Saturn  Online

I am curious as to know why Team 2 seems to have no shot here ?

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Clark_EL

Team 1

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ghostrider2

Atom can't beat the Silver Surfer.This is like Manhattan vs SS where what Manhattan can do, SS can do better.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Shawnbaby

I'm giving this to Atom Warlock (See what i did there?)....Thor actually lacks the Versatility that the other three have.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 King_Saturn  Online

@king_saturn said:

Atom can't beat the Silver Surfer.This is like Manhattan vs SS where what Manhattan can do, SS can do better.

those are just two characters... what if Adam Warlock is more versatile than Thor ? then what happens ?

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Stronger

Team 1,but it's close.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By Killemall

those are just two characters... what if Adam Warlock is more versatile than Thor ? then what happens ?

Well Thor runs the risk of getting his soul stolen by a touch, or being a victim of matter manipulation.

Physical strength alone Thor would stomp all over Warlock (nice job on not given Warlock the soul gem , thats a hax item anyways) but Warlock has shield capable of surviving Supernova without a problem, is one of the most powerful energy manipulator (not that its going to help against the vaunted hammer), is pretty well versed as a fighter, has matter manipulation, has to some extent telepathy (Surfer TP likely negates that), has soul manipulation (he however has to touch the person in question, but Asgardian souls are harder to manipulate though).

Its a versatility that Warlock has makes it a close match i am still leaning towards Thor in a one on one match with Warlock.

Warlock and Thor have , thus far, fought 4 times (not including Magus) and while there is a bit of context involved in the aforementioned battle, Warlock lost everytime. First time Thor was in Warrior Madness , Warlock has him ran away, second and third time Thor was in pseudo warrior madness Warlock got stamped upon, and last time Thor has power gem.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By czarny_samael666

@killemall:

Thor was in pseudo warrior madness

It wasn't any WM. IT was the point of whole story. Bioses are often wrong. For example they say that Kurse is 2 times stronger than Thor, while Beyonder amped him another time, which means that he is 4 times stronger.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

@king_saturn said:

Well Thor runs the risk of getting his soul stolen by a touch, or being a victim of matter manipulation.

Physical strength alone Thor would stomp all over Warlock (nice job on not given Warlock the soul gem , thats a hax item anyways) but Warlock has shield capable of surviving Supernova without a problem, is one of the most powerful energy manipulator (not that its going to help against the vaunted hammer), is pretty well versed as a fighter, has matter manipulation, has to some extent telepathy (Surfer TP likely negates that), has soul manipulation (he however has to touch the person in question, but Asgardian souls are harder to manipulate though).

Its a versatility that Warlock has makes it a close match i am still leaning towards Thor in a one on one match with Warlock.

Warlock and Thor have , thus far, fought 4 times (not including Magus) and while there is a bit of context involved in the aforementioned battle, Warlock lost everytime. First time Thor was in Warrior Madness , Warlock has him ran away, second and third time Thor was in pseudo warrior madness Warlock got stamped upon, and last time Thor has power gem.

hmmmm... very good analysis.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By Killemall

@killemall:

Thor was in pseudo warrior madness

It wasn't any WM. IT was the point of whole story. Bioses are often wrong. For example they say that Kurse is 2 times stronger than Thor, while Beyonder amped him another time, which means that he is 4 times stronger.

Thats why i mentioned pseudo warrior madness, because everyone there "thought" he was in warrior madness, before Odin came up twirling his mustache.

@king_saturn:thanks, i have read most of Thor issues, all Surfer issue till November 2011 and most of it after that point as well, and have read every Warlock issue, including his non-canon appearances as well as bios and stuffs in Marvel Age interviews. I feel the 3 marvel character i can give a good judgement on, but i have read like only 10 issues with Captain Atom in it :p

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Vaeternus

Leaning team 2 in a tough battle

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By Clark_EL

Leaning towards team 1 but I'm not sure.

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor and Surfer.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1

Avatar image for halvardisnotnice2
halvardisnotnice2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm honestly gonna go with team 2 here, them combined would be an awfully hard team to beat