R1: Sue her shields should tank everything Banshee has to throw against it

R2: Sue but in a closer fight

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Silver Banshee wins with basic knowledge, but Sue definitely wins in a random encounter

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Banshee

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sorry I do not know this Silver Banshee. Based on her name i'm guessing she can scream loud??

How is that affective against Sue Richards?

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rac95

@samgee: Is she using sound like Black Canary, or has Silver Banshee some other kind of energy in her voice?

And how does she stack up in power in comparison between other voice-users like Dinah or Black Bolt?

samgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rac95: Hypersonics through her voice. Superman compare her screams to a bunch of Atomic bombs going off in your head. Supergirl says she scream with the noise of a billion decimals

BoutaTakeAnL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:

Silver Banshee wins with basic knowledge, but Sue definitely wins in a random encounter

What would Banshee do with basic knowledge to give her a win?

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samgee said:

@rac95: Hypersonics through her voice. Superman compare her screams to a bunch of Atomic bombs going off in your head. Supergirl says she scream with the noise of a billion decimals

If the energy itself is faster than sound too, she could maybe surprise Sue in a random encounter

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

I'm sorry I do not know this Silver Banshee. Based on her name i'm guessing she can scream loud??

How is that affective against Sue Richards?

RT

@geekryan said:

What would Banshee do with basic knowledge to give her a win?

Instant kill via name-screaming etc

BoutaTakeAnL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: could she do that before Bubble to the brain or would it still affect her through shields? If so then yeah

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

@professorrespect: could she do that before Bubble to the brain or would it still affect her through shields? If so then yeah

The fact that people still think morals on Sue is busting brains with TK bubbles is only half-funny. Either way, she's simply not fast enough in this condition.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@destinyman75 said:

The fact that people still think morals on Sue is busting brains with TK bubbles is only half-funny. Either way, she's simply not fast enough in this condition.

This

Avatar image for sar_annihilator
SAR_Annihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By geekryan
@sirdragonfly said:

What about Silver Banshee allows her to win with basic knowledge?

Sue wins in both rounds.

This was answered above, and Silver Banshee's RT was linked: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/respect-silver-banshee-complete-respect-thread-2072930/

Her screams are powerful enough to harm Supergirl and Superman; she can instantly kill people by speaking someone's name, which is where the basic knowledge comes in; her physicals are good enough to contend against Supergirl and tank a nuclear bomb; and she can transfer her soul into someone's body if she is injured or killed.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:
@sirdragonfly said:

What about Silver Banshee allows her to win with basic knowledge?

Sue wins in both rounds.

This was answered above, and Silver Banshee's RT was linked: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/respect-silver-banshee-complete-respect-thread-2072930/

Her screams are powerful enough to harm Supergirl and Superman; she can instantly kill people by knowing their name, which is where the basic knowledge comes in; her physicals are good enough to contend against Supergirl and tank a nuclear bomb; and she can transfer her soul into someone's body if she is injured or killed.

Both Supergirl and Superman have superhearing so that could have contributed.

The death hax seems op though. Can Banshee kill Thanos if she learns that his name is Dione?

AFAIK, Supergirl and Superman have enough control over their hearing that they can choose not to have it active. They have also been able to block out other sounds to focus on something specific. There was never any indication that Silver Banshee's powers have a greater affect on them due to their enhanced hearing.

As for killing Thanos, it's possible she could if she really wanted to but no way to say for sure. Her powers are magic-based.

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Scarlet_Wiccan
@geekryan said:

Wouldn't Sue just cover her mouth with Basic knowledge? Since she has to say someone's name or touch them for her death wail to work, Looking at her RT she doesn't seem to use her death wail a lot or on anyone that isn't fodder.

No Caption Provided

I can see SB winning only via spirit possession but it's not something she does much.

I also don't think SB can counter Sue's invisibility?

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:

Wouldn't Sue just cover her mouth with Basic knowledge? Since she has to say someone's name or touch them for her death wail to work, Looking at her RT she doesn't seem to use her death wail a lot or on anyone that isn't fodder.

No Caption Provided

I can see SB winning only via spirit possession but it's not something she does much.

Are you basing all your knowledge of SB from her RT?

Even if Sue does cover her mouth, she can still use her sonic scream since it doesn't involve talking. She has used the death wail on Superman, who isn't fodder, and it only didn't kill him because she said his superhero name and not his real name. He was still put in a coma from this.

Spirit possession isn't used often because she isn't severely injured or killed.

Invisibility isn't a huge factor considering the massive area that her sonic scream can affect, and it wouldn't help against the death wail.

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Scarlet_Wiccan
@geekryan said:
@scarlet_wiccan said:
@geekryan said:

No Caption Provided

Even if Sue does cover her mouth, she can still use her sonic scream since it doesn't involve talking. She has used the death wail on Superman, who isn't fodder, and it only didn't kill him because she said his superhero name and not his real name. He was still put in a coma from this.

Spirit possession isn't used often because she isn't severely injured or killed.

Invisibility isn't a huge factor considering the massive area that her sonic scream can affect, and it wouldn't help against the death wail.

She definitely needs to open her mouth to scream, unless proven otherwise.

So she hasn't killed anyone that's not fodder with her death wail?

If Sue keeps her mouth closed like above she won't be able to scream and based on her RT she only used her death wail by speaking or by touching people which is not going to happen if Sue has basic knowledge on her

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:
@scarlet_wiccan said:
@geekryan said:

No Caption Provided

She definitely needs to open her mouth to scream, unless proven otherwise. So she hasn't killed anyone that's not fodder with her death wail?

If Sue keeps her mouth closed like above she won't be able to scream and based on her RT she only used her death wail by speaking or by touching people which is not going to happen if Sue has basic knowledge on her

Anyone is capable of screaming without their mouth being open. Her powers are magic-based and can affect souls.

She hasn't killed anyone that isn't fodder, but considering what she did to Superman, Sue might as well be fodder. He got put into a coma, so Sue would be killed outright.

She doesn't need to touch people to kill them.

Silver Banshee is also faster than Sue, considering she can keep up with Superman and Supergirl.

I gave Sue the win without basic knowledge, but it would be a tough fight regardless, especially since Silver Banshee can't be killed and could just possess Sue if she gets killed.

gmorto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I think Banshee could win with basic knowledge. But I'm not sure who would win in a random encounter.

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:
@scarlet_wiccan said:
@geekryan said:
@scarlet_wiccan said:
@geekryan said:

No Caption Provided

She definitely needs to open her mouth to scream, unless proven otherwise. So she hasn't killed anyone that's not fodder with her death wail?

Anyone is capable of screaming without their mouth being open. Her powers are magic-based and can affect souls.

She hasn't killed anyone that isn't fodder, but considering what she did to Superman, Sue might as well be fodder. He got put into a coma, so Sue would be killed outright.

Silver Banshee is also faster than Sue, considering she can keep up with Superman and Supergirl.

I gave Sue the win without basic knowledge, but it would be a tough fight regardless, especially since Silver Banshee can't be killed and could just possess Sue if she gets killed.

I don't think she can scream with her mouth closed or at least release a sonic scream, unless you can provide proof of course

Batman survived her scream with his soul intact... So how consistently does she affect souls with her cry (without it being fodders)

Show me scans of her using her death wail without talking or touching people

Sue has reacted to Silver Surfer, Nova, ect so I don't think BS can blitz

The OP says win by death/KO.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:
@scarlet_wiccan said:
@geekryan said:
@scarlet_wiccan said:
@geekryan said:

No Caption Provided

I don't think she can scream with her mouth closed or at least release a sonic scream, unless you can provide proof of course

Batman survived her scream with his soul intact... So how consistently does she affect souls with her cry (without it being fodders)

Sigh....Why do I bother

lazerbeak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Sue her shields should tank everything Banshee has to throw against it

R2: Sue but in a closer fight

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:
@scarlet_wiccan said:
@geekryan said:
@scarlet_wiccan said:
@geekryan said:
@scarlet_wiccan said:
@geekryan said:

No Caption Provided

Sigh....Why do I bother

I'm not too up to date with DC but haven't Silver Banshee lost to Black Canary twice?

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:
@scarlet_wiccan said:
@geekryan said:
@scarlet_wiccan said:
@geekryan said:
@scarlet_wiccan said:
@geekryan said:

No Caption Provided

Sigh....Why do I bother

I'm not too up to date with DC but haven't Silver Banshee lost to Black Canary twice?

No lol. But I'm not going to bother with continuing this discussion with you, it's pointless.

gmorto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By gmorto
Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gmorto said:

@scarlet_wiccan: She lost to Canary in Wonder Woman Vol. 2 175

She lost to Canary in Wonder Woman Vol. 2 175

Thanks, I'll check it out

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gmorto: If so, that’s a massive outlier considering Black Canary is pretty street level.

gmorto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: I agree Silver Banshee should have won against Black Canary. But apparantly, Dinah beat her twice, once in post-crisis and the other in the New 52.

gmorto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gmorto: Yeah, that's complete PIS lol.

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gmorto:

No Caption Provided

This is from the other time but I don't know the issue.

gmorto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: I kinda agree, also that same issue had Lady Shiva beating Supergirl