• 52 results
#1 Posted by Killemall (18970 posts) - - Show Bio

Well this is a question that got raised during Galactus vs Alan Scott with full starheart, so lets see what people think.

Both of them are at full power.

No morals

Win by any and all means necessary.

Who wins and why?

Avatar image for eagerbuttermilk
#2 Posted by eagerbuttermilk (595 posts) - - Show Bio

superman

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
#3 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3973 posts) - - Show Bio

SA Superman eassssssily.

#4 Posted by willpayton (21406 posts) - - Show Bio

Alan Scott wins. The Starheart is basically all the magic in the universe that the Guardians put into one place, right? And SA Superman was weak to magic.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
#5 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (21616 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

Alan Scott wins. The Starheart is basically all the magic in the universe that the Guardians put into one place, right? And SA Superman was weak to magic.

Again with the Superman is a wimp to magic. Magic is not his weakness, he is just weaker against it than physical and other types of attacks. Many people have tried to defeat Superman with magic and failed. As much as Superman is overrated, Superman wins this easily.

#6 Posted by coolguyr99 (3340 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

SA Superman eassssssily.
#7 Posted by jeanroygrant (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@WillPayton said:

Again with the Superman is a wimp to magic. Magic is not his weakness, he is just weaker against it than physical and other types of attacks. Many people have tried to defeat Superman with magic and failed. As much as Superman is overrated, Superman wins this easily.

#8 Posted by Evil-Incarnate (6724 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

Wasn't SA Superman especially weak against magic and kryptonite though?

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
#9 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (21616 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@WillPayton said:

Me facepalming myself
Me facepalming myself
#10 Posted by willpayton (21406 posts) - - Show Bio

@Evil Incarnate said:

@WillPayton said:

Wasn't SA Superman especially weak against magic and kryptonite though?

Yes he was. Over time after the Silver Age they made him less and less immune to magic, but in the SA he was just as vulnerable to magic as any normal human. Basically, he didnt have a special "weakness" to magic, but he also had no resistance whatsoever to magic.

Alan Scott with the Starheart would be overkill to take out SA Superman. Alan would snap his fingers and turn Superman into a pig or something, and then drop kick him to the moon.

#11 Posted by blackadamFTW (7882 posts) - - Show Bio

You people saying Superman are just dumb. Alan Scott with full Starheart = Reality Warper. He could utilize both of Superman's weaknesses (kryptonite and magic), or just make him disappear. He could BFR him, or just straight up woop his ass. Alan wins this.

#12 Posted by Nelomaxwell (14138 posts) - - Show Bio

Alan Scott. Where's Beatboks when you need him.

#13 Posted by blackadamFTW (7882 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

Easily? Really? He's been weak against people with a portion of magic, how about against someone who has all the magic in the universe? He'll be a little girl against that.

#14 Posted by Pwok21 (2464 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW said:

You people saying Superman are just dumb. Alan Scott with full Starheart = Reality Warper. He could utilize both of Superman's weaknesses (kryptonite and magic), or just make him disappear. He could BFR him, or just straight up woop his ass. Alan wins this.

#15 Posted by gonjasufi (173 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman winning against a high grade reality warper......right.

#16 Posted by beatboks1 (9545 posts) - - Show Bio

Alan wins in a rape stomp. SA superman was beaten countless times by minor mystics. unlik post Crisis he was even weaker ( his power levels) in magical realms. Alan could simply turn the sun they are under red in which case SA supes would be instantly powerless, turn the planet to Krytonite or every single thing he hits Supes with would harm him. Even without the full starheart Alan wins with it it's an easy win. A simple blast from the Wizard or Felix Faust could put Sa Supes down both are WAY below full starheart Alan

#17 Posted by willpayton (21406 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

Well this is a question that got raised during Galactus vs Alan Scott with full starheart, so lets see what people think.

Both of them are at full power.

No morals

Win by any and all means necessary.

Who wins and why?

Since this question came up in the Galactus vs Alan Scott with full Starheart thread, that might be a hint as to who wins here. I'm just saying... Galactus... =)

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
#18 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (17124 posts) - - Show Bio

Alan Scot ..... spitefully ..........

#19 Posted by DrEgonSpengler (623 posts) - - Show Bio

If morals are off Superman wins via speed! He can kill Alan before he can react. Remember SA Superman can fly fast enough to destroy the bonds of infinty, and sneeze a solar system away.

#20 Posted by willpayton (21406 posts) - - Show Bio

@DrEgonSpengler said:

If morals are off Superman wins via speed! He can kill Alan before he can react. Remember SA Superman can fly fast enough to destroy the bonds of infinty, and sneeze a solar system away.

Considering SA Superman's weakness to, and inability to deal with, magic... he'd probably just break every bone in his hand if he tried to punch Alan (who is the living embodiment of the Starheart magical energy). Also, I doubt Alan would be hurt by SA Superman destroying the solar system.

Avatar image for deactivated-1358091
#21 Posted by deactivated-1358091 (2516 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes will be punching himself due to Alan's mind control, while Alan paying no attention at all and pimping around the fortress he created on Moon while Powergirl and Supergirl serving him drink.

#22 Posted by a88378438 (3527 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

the SA SUPerman destroy a solar system,but wait,he destroy solar system just his Sneeze,so,if he use full power to once Attack,godlike speed+full power pound or something

the alan scott no change

and with pis,the alan scott would be die+die+die

#23 Posted by beatboks1 (9545 posts) - - Show Bio

@DrEgonSpengler said:

Which is going to do what exactly to someone who can control time. Alan when not blood lusted has made millions of years pass by around him that to him were mere moments.Not to mention the fact that Alan can open or seal dimensional fissures that threaten 1000's of universes/dimensions (as he did in underworld unleashed). One universe > than 10000000's of solar systems.

No Caption Provided

Add to that the fact that Alan is living magical energy on which SA Superman would have NO EFFECT, and he can be whatever he believes himself to be (so basically if he doesn't believe physical things can harm him they don't, if he feels or wants to be physically young he is, if he wants to be old that too, if he wants an eye removes in battle to mean something it stays when he's board of that and wants it back it regrows in an instant). All the speed in the universe isn't helping.Frankly SA Supes could hit Alan with enough force to destroy a few solar systems and unless Alan "allows" himself to feel hurt he wont. A blood lusted full starheart powered Alan wouldn't feel anything. Just like he laughed off Supergirl and Powergirl. Fact is he could just possess and control SA Supe's the way he did Dr fate, Obsidian, Miss martian, Cyclone, Jade, Powergirl, etc. Or he could make some ordinary joe as powerul as Superman in every way and enjoy the spectacle of them fighting before make him no longer exist at will.

#24 Posted by monarch2016 (1564 posts) - - Show Bio

alan wins this easy

#25 Posted by terry2012 (9476 posts) - - Show Bio

@a88378438: Where is the scans of him sneezing a solar system?

#26 Posted by a88378438 (3527 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: this not destroy universe or something feat though

#27 Posted by willpayton (21406 posts) - - Show Bio

@terry2012 said:

@a88378438: Where is the scans of him sneezing a solar system?

No Caption Provided
#28 Edited by beatboks1 (9545 posts) - - Show Bio

@a88378438 said:

@beatboks1: this not destroy universe or something feat though

No this is the battle between Mr very weak to magic against mister very magic

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Almost every single SA appearance of Superman has the same line it it somewhere "Only Kryptonite and Magic and harm/ affect me". I mean even the music from a pianno made from Kryptonite could affect him. That brings me to the fact that Alan's power even without "full starheart control is magic and also allows him to transmute matter. he could easily turn anything to Green k. So He has at his disposal both weaknesses. Add to which he can be intangable at will, shrink or change size, make himself physically Superman's equal, control time, etc etc. he's done all that at normal pre sentinel upgrade power levels. His power blood lusted and in full control of the starheart is a WELL above the sentinel upgrade levels so many times greater than this.

No Caption Provided

His power even at normal levels can eve affect on a "multiversal level" where SA superman's best feats are on a solar system level. His power when Full starheart controlled and blood lusted is a great deal more.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
#29 Posted by a88378438 (3527 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: SA superman's best feats are on a solar system level.

i don't belive this,the sa superman was just one little Sneeze destroy solar system,the sneeze even not for him 0.1% power

alan not destroy universe,this scan was Not good identification

#30 Posted by beatboks1 (9545 posts) - - Show Bio

I never said he destroyed a universe. he fixed a multiververse which is millions of universes. if you think Sa supes has a fewt to match youd be very wrong

#31 Posted by a88378438 (3527 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: what???is you say alan was multi-universe level?!

#32 Posted by beatboks1 (9545 posts) - - Show Bio

@a88378438 said:

Alan has feats that are multiversal. Yes.

Pre the sentinel upgrade when he was just the GL of E-2 there were examples of his power affecting things in other realities or universes from his.

Post the sentinel upgrade even more so. This battle is at his peak level when he is WAY above just the sentinel level. Blood lusted the starheart possesses Alan. The starheart is the collection of ALL the magic that existed in the universe when the Guardians collected it. It was expelled by Alan (back in Green Lantern Corps Quarterly) and then found another dimension where it grew to be even more powerful. It grew to become a much more powerful force. That's the Alan in this fight. The Alan Scot that soloed DC earth

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10Gallery image 11Gallery image 12Gallery image 13
#33 Posted by a88378438 (3527 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 said:

@a88378438 said:

Alan has feats that are multiversal. Yes.

Pre the sentinel upgrade when he was just the GL of E-2 there were examples of his power affecting things in other realities or universes from his.

Post the sentinel upgrade even more so. This battle is at his peak level when he is WAY above just the sentinel level. Blood lusted the starheart possesses Alan. The starheart is the collection of ALL the magic that existed in the universe when the Guardians collected it. It was expelled by Alan (back in Green Lantern Corps Quarterly) and then found another dimension where it grew to be even more powerful. It grew to become a much more powerful force. That's the Alan in this fight. The Alan Scot that soloed DC earth

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10Gallery image 11Gallery image 12Gallery image 13
No Caption Provided

these scan i don;t know where was multiversal level,i read him comic,he not has this power level,if alan was multiversal,he can easily beat Most of the abstract existence,the comic show us he not destroy multiversal or even one universe,Influence multiversa was nothing,the hulk also done it

so,hulk was Infinite dimension level?

#34 Posted by beatboks1 (9545 posts) - - Show Bio

@a88378438: Your kidding aren't you. 5 posts up from Underworld Unleashed ( Abyss sentinel of Hell). I can't find the issue a the moment and had these scans saved for a debate ages ago. The scans on page 18 and 20. the missing page 19 showed how the rift was opened into multiple dimensions and plains of existence. He reached into the rift and sealed it from all sides. That as i said was before the starheart upgrade of blackest night. I'm not talking about a blast that goes through other dimensions I'm talking about a blast that COMES from multiple dimensions and seals them all at once. Also the last and fourth last scan of my last post (first and last on the second line) are of the starheart entity in his dimension explaining that HE IS the dimension. He is everything you see around you and has only manifested the energy being for the benefit of the humans.

Back in Green Lantern Corps when Alan helped the GL Tormaq (I think, I may have the name wrong - I'll try and find the issue to check). The starheart was released and threatening all existence. Alan absorbed the starheart by stretching himself and drawing it in for throughout the universe. That was a universal level feat not long after the sentinel upgrade.

Back in SA before any of the upgrades he was shown several times to extend his power from one dimension to another and across the universe of the other. From Earth in Earth 2's dimension he could use his power to affect a planet light years away in Earth 1's dimension.

@a88378438 said:

Sneeze destroy solar system,the sneeze even not for him 0.1% power

I missed this before and need to address this also. A sneeze is hardly .1% of power. When the average human sneezes it's with such force that the sneeze travels at 102MPH. Compare that to a normal blow breath at 2MPH. The force and speed of a sneeze is over 50 times greater than a breath. With superman's super breath capable of much greater force than hurricanes, that sneeze is a vastly greater feat than it appears.

#35 Posted by a88378438 (3527 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: if i can one sneeze to blow out a man,my muscle body strenght could be more easily than sneeze to lift man,one sneeze just a sneeze,A Hercules body than a sneeze can cause more damage,and alan this feat was too Abstract, I can say that Superman fly too fast almost destroy all reality

#36 Posted by Killemall (18970 posts) - - Show Bio

@a88378438 said:

@beatboks1: if i can one sneeze to blow out a man,my muscle body strenght could be more easily than sneeze to lift man,one sneeze just a sneeze,A Hercules body than a sneeze can cause more damage,and alan this feat was too Abstract, I can say that Superman fly too fast almost destroy all reality

Not necessarily, no. How powerful your sneeze is would depends on how big your lungs are (superman's lung apparently are massive) while the punching power would depends on speed + strength.

#37 Posted by beatboks1 (9545 posts) - - Show Bio

@a88378438 said:

Yeah, that's why a sneeze can make most people move almost 50% of their body in a violent reaction. In other words the power of a sneeze can and does make us use half our bodies muscles in a forcefull way we can't restrain. Yeah a sneeze is really weak.

Abstract is what makes it the powerful feat it is. Superman's speed only ever threatened what was in a single universe and only what was near him.

None of which answers the fact that Alan can create or control the three forces to which Superman is weak. He can with a thought turn a yellow sun red (meaning superman is powerless), he can turn whatever he wants into Kryptonite, and he wields magic. He can mind rape, possess and control, reality warp. All these things Superman has succumbed to before. By contrast Superman has no way of harming Alan. he isn't a physical mortal being when full starheart, he can heal or reform himself solely from thought (he regrew his eye when he wanted to and at a thought fixed a broken back, makes himself young with a thought - hell he is what he wants to be). Superman can only even touch Alan if Alan allows it since he can be intangible, Alan can shrink or increase his size (to the point where Superman is less than an microbe). Alan can literally have any power he wants when he wants it. If he wants to be as strong or fast (or stronger and faster) as Supes than he thinks it and it happens. Superman was beaten by Dr Chaos, Felix Faust and several others with much lower magic and power than Alan.

#38 Posted by willpayton (21406 posts) - - Show Bio

Overkill. Regular Alan would beat SA Superman because of the magic. Starheart Alan would be massive spite.

#39 Posted by a88378438 (3527 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@a88378438 said:

Not necessarily, no. How powerful your sneeze is would depends on how big your lungs are (superman's lung apparently are massive) while the punching power would depends on speed + strength.

so,i one sneeze to you face,and you would be die?

my pound could be hurt you or someguy,but a sneeze????how can hurt ????

#40 Posted by beatboks1 (9545 posts) - - Show Bio

@a88378438 said:

@Killemall said:

@a88378438 said:

Are you just being facetious or a complete D@#$. You don't have super breath. The 50 to 100 times force of your normal breath (i.e 50 times next to nothing) is still next to nothing. Superman on the other hand has Super breath. he can cause a tornado type force (1,000,000's of of times more than a normal human can achieve with their breath). SA Superman with his normal super breath could blow over buildings freeze entire landscapes etc etc. A sneeze by the nature of what it is (and the fact that it is an explosive expulsion of air from the body through MUCH smaller passages within the body is as I said 50 to 100 times more powerful. You claimed it was .1% of the power he could put out. His super breath has been shown to achieve the same feats as his strength, and since his sneeze is potentially 100 times (or god knows how much more) powerful it's FAR from such a low %.

If you had a deadly virus and exhaled it into the air it would be spread a meter or so. If you sneezed it it goes 100's of meters, at much greater speed. If your going to make baseless statements do some research to back it up.

@WillPayton said:

Overkill. Regular Alan would beat SA Superman because of the magic. Starheart Alan would be massive spite.

Pretty much

#41 Posted by a88378438 (3527 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 said:

@a88378438 said:

@Killemall said:

@a88378438 said:

Are you just being facetious or a complete D@#$. You don't have super breath. The 50 to 100 times force of your normal breath (i.e 50 times next to nothing) is still next to nothing. Superman on the other hand has Super breath. he can cause a tornado type force (1,000,000's of of times more than a normal human can achieve with their breath). SA Superman with his normal super breath could blow over buildings freeze entire landscapes etc etc. A sneeze by the nature of what it is (and the fact that it is an explosive expulsion of air from the body through MUCH smaller passages within the body is as I said 50 to 100 times more powerful. You claimed it was .1% of the power he could put out. His super breath has been shown to achieve the same feats as his strength, and since his sneeze is potentially 100 times (or god knows how much more) powerful it's FAR from such a low %.

If you had a deadly virus and exhaled it into the air it would be spread a meter or so. If you sneezed it it goes 100's of meters, at much greater speed. If your going to make baseless statements do some research to back it up.

@WillPayton said:

Pretty much

i can't belive this,my sneeze can't move a normal weight man,but if i use all my body strength could move a normal weight man

so,sneeze<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<body strength

#42 Posted by beatboks1 (9545 posts) - - Show Bio

you have got to be kidding. the breath of a normal human can JUST blow out a birthday candle. it cant move even 1 gram item. A sneeze would likely throw that candle off the cake and some distance ( i've seen a childs sneeze do that and cause a curtain to carch fire). Superman on the other hand can. low down buildings. his sneeze therfore wil do 100s of times more. Also "your" sneeze can move a large person quite a lot. IT MOVES YOU every time it happens. most people's head and shoulders move uncontrollably when you sneeze. that is against the strong torso muscles in the body which is stronger than arms etc as it actually does most of the bodies lifting ( the reason why many weight lifters can get much more weight to the clean part but fail to get it to the Jerked). In fact it's known to be so uncontrollable that most countries motor laws dont hold a driver liable if the reason for the accident was a sneeze. it's classed as an "act of god". so your sneeze can indeed move an a erage weight person a lot easier than your full bidy strength. quit focusing on the completely unimportant crap.

Avatar image for eatmore_payless
#43 Posted by eatmore_payless (2534 posts) - - Show Bio

then supes will hit him with a pencil.

#44 Posted by a88378438 (3527 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 said:

you have got to be kidding. the breath of a normal human can JUST blow out a birthday candle. it cant move even 1 gram item. A sneeze would likely throw that candle off the cake and some distance ( i've seen a childs sneeze do that and cause a curtain to carch fire). Superman on the other hand can. low down buildings. his sneeze therfore wil do 100s of times more. Also "your" sneeze can move a large person quite a lot. IT MOVES YOU every time it happens. most people's head and shoulders move uncontrollably when you sneeze. that is against the strong torso muscles in the body which is stronger than arms etc as it actually does most of the bodies lifting ( the reason why many weight lifters can get much more weight to the clean part but fail to get it to the Jerked). In fact it's known to be so uncontrollable that most countries motor laws dont hold a driver liable if the reason for the accident was a sneeze. it's classed as an "act of god". so your sneeze can indeed move an a erage weight person a lot easier than your full bidy strength. quit focusing on the completely unimportant crap.

but if sa superman if just one sneeze could be destroy solar system,he use muscle strength could be destroy more than a solar system,right?

#45 Posted by a88378438 (3527 posts) - - Show Bio

i can't belive your point,look like you try say a sneeze more powerful than hand-lift strength????

yes,superman was not normal man,he was far stronger than normal man,but,this not mean he sneeze > muscle strength,if he can use Breath move a planet,so he can easily move a planet by him hand

#46 Edited by beatboks1 (9545 posts) - - Show Bio

@a88378438 said:

but if sa superman if just one sneeze could be destroy solar system,he use muscle strength could be destroy more than a solar system,right?

Why??

Can you with all your bodies strength stop yourself from voluntarily moving when you sneeze??.

No you can't, Superman can't either.

When we sneeze our head moves without us wanting it to and even focusing all our bodies strength cant stop that, sometimes with a powerful sneeze our shoulders and torso too.

The sneeze is something that his super physical body is unable to contain (just like your human body is), yet you expect us to believe he can do more with that body.

How would he do this greater damage. His physical strength can only strike one physical point. it can therefore damage one physical body. His sneeze however goes in all directions outward from the point of it occurring. Just like any other explosive force. It can strike multiple bodies or points as at once.

@a88378438 said:

i can't belive your point,look like you try say a sneeze more powerful than hand-lift strength????

yes,superman was not normal man,he was far stronger than normal man,but,this not mean he sneeze > muscle strength,if he can use Breath move a planet,so he can easily move a planet by him hand

Why would superman be so different from any one else in relation to himself. Using our the physical strength or our bodies (which is much greater than our hand strength only) we are unable to contain and control a sneeze. Our body moves against our will. We all know a sneeze is coming and we still can't stop ourselves from moving. Like I said the torso etc are a LOT stronger than just our arms, it's a fact. If your so certain that your body is so much weaker than your sneeze take some video footage of you standing completely still and controlled while sneezing and load the you tube images. You can't because it can't be done. You've made a completely incorrect and baseless assumption that cannot be supported by science.

I still don't see why you focus so much on this when it's completely and utterly irrelevant.

1.Superman can't do any damage to a "full starheart" Alan Scot. Superman is a physical being who fights in a physical way. When full starheart Alan isn't a physical being. he isn't susceptible to physical harm. he is in fact a being of PURE magical energy (one of the very things SA Superman is so vulnerable to). Superman's powers will have little to no effect on him. That's why he laughed off the best blows of Powergirl, Supergirl, Donna Troy and many others. Whether he uses his strength, or his heat vision or his super breath they all will have no effect on a being who is what he believes himself to be.

2. Alan has a multitude of ways to attack Superman for which he has no defense against.

a) Alan can transmute matter and has done so since he was just a Green Lantern in the Golden age. he can make ANYTHING become Kryptonite.

b) Alan can reality warp so can make every sun for light years a red one (suddenly Super nothing is powerless)

c) Alan's power is MAGIC. Everything that Alan hit's Superman with is something he is weak to.

d) Alan can simply mind rape and make Superman his puppet like he did to Dr fate, Obsidian, Jade, Cyclone, Miss Martian, Powergirl, and others

e) he can power up a normal human to be Superman's equal to fight him on his behalf (he gave a prison guard the power to control gravity to fight the JSA)

f) he can simply create energy constructs of 500 Supermen (or 500000000) to fight Superman with multiple times his own power and watch the carnage from another universe.

SA Superman has no defense against Alan's powers that has even a remote chance of working. He also has no attack that can do anything to a full starheart powered Alan. His speed is useless because Allan can control time, it's useless anyway because even if he does manage to attack Alan first it will only affect him if Alan allows it.

SA Superman's best feat (by your own post) is solar System level. Alan's best feat (when NOT AT FULL STARHEART POWER) is much greater than that. he has closed a fissure that threatened to destroy multiple universes from all sides (even if he only saved several universes that is still above universal level), he has (back in GL Corps) to save the universe from the Starheart reached out throughout the universe and drew it in and contained it. He ahs used his power from an alternate universe to affect another light years away from the same point in both. Finally he contains a being who is a FULL DIMENSION. His power is such that he has dictated terms to (and been obeyed) the empire of 6th dimensional imps. SA Superman needed trickery to beat just one in Mxylplk and Alan dictates to the entire race and is obeyed.

@eatmore_payless said:

A weakness that hasn't existed for some time, and is certainly not a part of the full starheart Alan Scot.

Avatar image for eatmore_payless
#47 Posted by eatmore_payless (2534 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 said:

@eatmore_payless said:

A weakness that hasn't existed for some time, and is certainly not a part of the full starheart Alan Scot.

I was just messing around I know that weakness was gone decades ago, but still, superman wins, I guess with that sword of superman nothing is imposible

#48 Posted by beatboks1 (9545 posts) - - Show Bio

@eatmore_payless said:

@beatboks1 said:

@eatmore_payless said:

I was just messing around I know that weakness was gone decades ago, but still, superman wins, I guess with that sword of superman nothing is imposible

Did you even read the thread title. it's the SA Superman in this battle. The "sword of Superman" was a Bronze age concept. the Silver Age is from 1955 to 1965 (some would go to later in the 60's or even 70). So I'm sorry, no Sword of Superman, or Superman Kryptonian armor etc.

#49 Posted by a88378438 (3527 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 said:

@a88378438 said:

Why??

Can you with all your bodies strength stop yourself from voluntarily moving when you sneeze??.

No you can't, Superman can't either.

When we sneeze our head moves without us wanting it to and even focusing all our bodies strength cant stop that, sometimes with a powerful sneeze our shoulders and torso too.

The sneeze is something that his super physical body is unable to contain (just like your human body is), yet you expect us to believe he can do more with that body.

How would he do this greater damage. His physical strength can only strike one physical point. it can therefore damage one physical body. His sneeze however goes in all directions outward from the point of it occurring. Just like any other explosive force. It can strike multiple bodies or points as at once.

@a88378438 said:

Why would superman be so different from any one else in relation to himself. Using our the physical strength or our bodies (which is much greater than our hand strength only) we are unable to contain and control a sneeze. Our body moves against our will. We all know a sneeze is coming and we still can't stop ourselves from moving. Like I said the torso etc are a LOT stronger than just our arms, it's a fact. If your so certain that your body is so much weaker than your sneeze take some video footage of you standing completely still and controlled while sneezing and load the you tube images. You can't because it can't be done. You've made a completely incorrect and baseless assumption that cannot be supported by science.

I still don't see why you focus so much on this when it's completely and utterly irrelevant.

1.Superman can't do any damage to a "full starheart" Alan Scot. Superman is a physical being who fights in a physical way. When full starheart Alan isn't a physical being. he isn't susceptible to physical harm. he is in fact a being of PURE magical energy (one of the very things SA Superman is so vulnerable to). Superman's powers will have little to no effect on him. That's why he laughed off the best blows of Powergirl, Supergirl, Donna Troy and many others. Whether he uses his strength, or his heat vision or his super breath they all will have no effect on a being who is what he believes himself to be.

2. Alan has a multitude of ways to attack Superman for which he has no defense against.

a) Alan can transmute matter and has done so since he was just a Green Lantern in the Golden age. he can make ANYTHING become Kryptonite.

b) Alan can reality warp so can make every sun for light years a red one (suddenly Super nothing is powerless)

c) Alan's power is MAGIC. Everything that Alan hit's Superman with is something he is weak to.

d) Alan can simply mind rape and make Superman his puppet like he did to Dr fate, Obsidian, Jade, Cyclone, Miss Martian, Powergirl, and others

e) he can power up a normal human to be Superman's equal to fight him on his behalf (he gave a prison guard the power to control gravity to fight the JSA)

f) he can simply create energy constructs of 500 Supermen (or 500000000) to fight Superman with multiple times his own power and watch the carnage from another universe.

SA Superman has no defense against Alan's powers that has even a remote chance of working. He also has no attack that can do anything to a full starheart powered Alan. His speed is useless because Allan can control time, it's useless anyway because even if he does manage to attack Alan first it will only affect him if Alan allows it.

SA Superman's best feat (by your own post) is solar System level. Alan's best feat (when NOT AT FULL STARHEART POWER) is much greater than that. he has closed a fissure that threatened to destroy multiple universes from all sides (even if he only saved several universes that is still above universal level), he has (back in GL Corps) to save the universe from the Starheart reached out throughout the universe and drew it in and contained it. He ahs used his power from an alternate universe to affect another light years away from the same point in both. Finally he contains a being who is a FULL DIMENSION. His power is such that he has dictated terms to (and been obeyed) the empire of 6th dimensional imps. SA Superman needed trickery to beat just one in Mxylplk and Alan dictates to the entire race and is obeyed.

@eatmore_payless said:

the SA superman once blow out the sun,a sun was bigger than solar system,so,i don;t think the SA superman just was solar system level

#50 Posted by beatboks1 (9545 posts) - - Show Bio

@a88378438: A sun is part of a solar system and is certainly not LARGER than one. It's still a mute point as once again you've ignored the crux of the argument. how does Superman defeat someone who isn't susceptible to physical harm. How does he stop someone who can create or control every weakness he has. You keep focusing on things that don't matter. The level of the feats is unimportant and if you can't come up with a more intelligent response I'm done.