Shrike (Hyperion Cantos) vs Primarchs (Warhammer 40K)

Redzkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Shrike:

No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided

Rounds:

1) Alpharius

2) Pre-Heresy Mortarion

3) Angron

4) Leman Russ

5) Conrad Curze and Lion

6) Sanguinius with Spear of Telesto

7) Leman Russ and post-heresy Magnus

8) All primarchs at once.

How far can Shrike go?

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stops at either 7 or 8.

lukespeedblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shrike rolls over them lol.

Redzkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lukespeedblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redzkz: He gave a fraction of his power to Kassad and Moneta and they were dodging FTL projectiles casually. Shrike has quantum blades and will just carve them up since they'll be frozen relative to him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

8 or 9

Redzkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redzkz: He gave a fraction of his power to Kassad and Moneta and they were dodging FTL projectiles casually. Shrike has quantum blades and will just carve them up since they'll be frozen relative to him.

I see, thank you.

8 or 9

Why do you think so?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redzkz: well is it in character or no?

Redzkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Redzkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Redzkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redzkz: meh you saved the prims from stomping lol prolly either way due to some MVP powers

lukespeedblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bloodlusted or not they get their stools kicked in.

Redzkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redzkz: meh you saved the prims from stomping lol prolly either way due to some MVP powers

Not sure if I understand you))) So primarchs win in last two rounds, right?

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukespeedblitz: If bloodlusted Magnus stops time. That's the end of it. Unless the shrike can counter that.

Redzkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bloodlusted or not they get their stools kicked in.

Can Shrike deal with warp sorcery?

lukespeedblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@merulezall: Uh the Shrike literally controls and moves through time and space. So yes he butchers them all. There's also a misconception that Magnus always stops time as a go to lmao.

lukespeedblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lukespeedblitz

@redzkz: Irrelevant the fight starts with all the primarchs being frozen in time.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Since lasers from las guns move in slow motion to Primarchs, I don't see why they cannot counter. Even Leman Russ kept up fine with Magnus after he use Warp Time to slow time to a crawl.

Haters going to go hate.

Leman Russ, Magnus, and an all out Lorgar solo. Leman due to his psy shout. Magnus and Lorgar for obvious reasons of psy abilities.

lukespeedblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since lasers from las guns move in slow motion to Primarchs, I don't see why they cannot counter. Even Leman Russ kept up fine with Magnus after he use Warp Time to slow time to a crawl.

Haters going to go hate.

Leman Russ, Magnus, and an all out Lorgar solo. Leman due to his psy shout. Magnus and Lorgar for obvious reasons of psy abilities.

Primarchs aren't FTL.

Shrike controls time as in lives IN time. All the primarchs die.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukespeedblitz: No, but he has an aura that slows time, if he sees his brother's dying, then hes bound to get upset and stop time itself. However, the fact of the matter is can he break through time stop and can it handle soul sucking and soul killing attacks?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukespeedblitz: if they can see lasers in slow motion and slow time to stand still in some cases, they can react. Your very name does not instil confidence in speed arguments anyway. I doubt this character even has a combat speed feat.

lukespeedblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@merulezall: He has an aura that can dilate time that he did for a single instance against Russ. Hardly enough examples to say he utilizes it all the time. Besides time dilation is the specialty of the Shrike.

@sirfizzwhizz Are we talking about the spear of talos and it's PIS effect in what Dues Encarmine or some book with a similar title? I mean speed feats for primarchs are hypersonic. We haven't seen anything to suggest they're FTL at all. Magnus dilating time against russ briefly hardly constitutes as being a consistent tool he employs.

Like I said the battle begins with all primarchs being frozen relative to the Shrike : P

Heh names should have nothing to do with content unless suggested otherwise cadence lol.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@lukespeedblitz:

Are we talking about the spear of talos and it's PIS effect in what Dues Encarmine or some book with a similar title? I mean speed feats for primarchs are hypersonic. We haven't seen anything to suggest they're FTL at all. Magnus dilating time against russ briefly hardly constitutes as being a consistent tool he employs.

Not the first time primarchs been shown to perceive things moving at lightning plus speeds. I also said reaction time, nothing about combat speed.

Like I said the battle begins with all primarchs being frozen relative to the Shrike : P

Like I said, they can perceive him. Magnus alone can solo with Warp Time. You also yet convince me at all of this character's combat speed anyway.

Heh names should have nothing to do with content unless suggested otherwise cadence lol.

Im not the one who think Luke is FTL. After all, you talk shit about Primarch speeds, but Jedi in legends and canon fail to move at speeds that Flash does. lol So... hypocrite much?

lukespeedblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz:

Like I said, they can perceive him. Magnus alone can solo with Warp Time. You also yet convince me at all of this character's combat speed anyway.

What kind of logic is this? They've never shown time manipulation which would be a required ability to even have a chance of perceiving someone who moves through time. Prove they can perceive something once they've been frozen in time lol. Magnus can solo with warp time? Right you mean when he dilated time for like 2 seconds against Russ and never did it again?

Here's a description of how the shrike handles time

the Shrike had frozen and unfrozen the flow of moments like a bored observer playing with a holopit remote control. Now they were outside time, and the was the enemy, not some terrible patron

He manipulates time like a bored observer.

Some more clarity on just how fast the Shrike is

Col. Kassad who has been amped by a fraction of the shrikes power views particle beams and lasers in slow motion,

Kassad was outside by then and he watched the particle beams and high-intensity lasers creep toward him

Kassad then goes onto remark just how much faster the Shrike is comparatively

Behind her, the Shrike moved slowly through the chaos, choosing victims as if he were harvesting. Kassad watched the creature wink in and out of existence and realized that to the Pain Lord he and Moneta would appear to be moving as slowly as the Ousters did to Kassad.

This is just a brief rundown of his abilities. Don't see how an argument can be made against someone who is MFTL in combat speed.....

To finish making a point, the only primarch here who actually has experience manipulating time is Magnus who did it once and very briefly at that. The shrike manipulates time at his whim. He steps through space time itself as casually as breathing. Magnus has never once displayed this level of comfort or skill with utilizing time as a weapon. Why don't we stop overhyping his ability to do such then hmmmm?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@lukespeedblitz: That has nothing to do with speed. It states being "outside time" and nothing about raw speed of being faster than light. Something Warp Time does as well. Affecting time itself and "warping" it in a radius. Something Leman Russ countered with his psy shout alone.

Sorry, I don't by the wank your putting out in speed blitz.

Best thing is I don't even have to argue with you, it seems many people on this thread are siding with Primarchs on some level. Not buying into the bullshit :)

My job is done.

lukespeedblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: It stated "being outside of time" because Kassad needed the specific amp of phasing through and out of time just to fight the Shrike. Which is something none bar magnus has shown to be capable of.

The subsequent quotes which you ignored entirely were combat speed related. Seeing laser bolts in slow motion and dodging them is speed related right? Yes. He then remarks just how much faster the Shrike is to him....

Something Leman Russ countered with his psy shout alone.

Lol what a hand wave. Russ didn't stop the dilation, magnus himself did when he touched down. Also comparing Magnus who doesn't use time at all in combat to a creature that uses it extensively is a lazy comparison. Weak argument at best. Also suggesting a psy shout from Russ, whom will be frozen in time so it won't happen, will have any effect on the Shrike is laughable.

Sorry, I don't by the wank your putting out in speed blitz.

Speed blitz? I didn't say that at all. The shrike doesn't blitz people he simply freezes time and casually kills them like I've shown.

it seems many people on this thread are siding with Primarchs on some level. Not buying into the bullshit :)

Cause they don't know jack about the Shrike same as you lol. You literally came in here with absolutely no knowledge on the Hyperion series and start claiming magnus is going to solo. Good stuff.

My job is done.

You mean your lazy hand waves that somehow the primarchs can manipulate time and keep themselves from being killed by a being that walks forwards and backwards through it? I see why you got into the HoF now....

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukespeedblitz: Pretty sure, Ahriman has the same kind of aura, I could be wrong but regardless it's basically turn off and on during combat situations.

GammaFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By GammaFlash

Shrike stomps because zeptosecond feats, a reverse aging disease caused by when you touch him that makes you forget every day before and de-age until you age into nothing, immunity to conventional weaponry(barring phase weaponry), immunity to death because he exists in an infinite amount of alternate timelines due to not having a beginning or an end, claws that can cut through practically anything,including energy, and could be infinitely fast due to time manipulation.