• Begin visible
  • Begin 50 feet apart
  • Unpopulated
  • Fight takes place here:
No Caption Provided

Gauntlet

1. M'baku
  2. Erik Killmonger (No herb)
  3. Hawkeye (No Arrows, Just His Bow Staff)
  4. Black Widow (Stun Batons only)
  5. Daredevil
  6. Winter Soldier (Unarmed)
  7. Captain America (Infinity War Shields)
  8. Spider-Man
  9. Black Panther (Civil War Suit)
  10. Corvus Glaive

How far does he make it?

#2 Edited by ManimalMan (975 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at spidey

#3 Posted by jashro44 (54808 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Edited by Andromeda101 (1238 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:
@manimalman said:

Stops at spidey

Reason?

I know you're the OP, but where do you think he stops(Or if doesn't and clears)? It's not like Shigaraki has many feats/showings aside from one-shooting fodders, some speed feats and on-paper hype(I also believe Shigaraki is among one of three villains to get classified as Rank S by the databook, with Stain and All For One being the others IIRC).

#5 Posted by Sy8000 (36003 posts) - - Show Bio

He should clear just based on his basic powerset but he really doesn't have enough combat showings.

#6 Posted by morpheus_ (35073 posts) - - Show Bio

He should breeze past 1-5, but since he gets no rest and he faces opponents with greater combat prowess and physicals in every round, Buck or Steve could conceivably stop him.

#7 Posted by AlphaQ (6730 posts) - - Show Bio

Did Shigaraki get any new feats recently?

#8 Edited by jashro44 (54808 posts) - - Show Bio

I know you're the OP, but where do you think he stops(Or if doesn't and clears)? It's not like Shigaraki has many feats/showings aside from one-shooting fodders, some speed feats and on-paper hype(I also believe Shigaraki is among one of three villains to get classified as Rank S by the databook, with Stain and All For One being the others IIRC).

I always felt like Shigaraki was more dangerous than he's shown himself to be. I made this thread to test the waters and see what everyone else thinks.

@alphaq said:

Did Shigaraki get any new feats recently?

Yea. The recent chapters have been focusing on Shigaraki and the league of villains. Mainly Shigaraki.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3
Fighting Gigantomachia. This is impressive because they had been fighting for a month and a half. Gigantomachia would attack Shigaraki for 48 hours and 44 minuets and than sleep for 3 hours (Gigantomachia can fight in its sleep but only fight in its sleep if provoked). Its even said Shigaraki barely slept. Note I did skip the page between the second and 3rd scan where its said they had been doing this for a month and a half.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2
Nothing to impressive but blitzes and kills 2 fodder.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
#9 Posted by FullMetalEmprah (5633 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh wow, Shigaraki has some insane stamina. It also seems like his quirk can work pretty fast too. I'm going to say he at least makes it to 7 or 8.

#10 Posted by jimcrim (235 posts) - - Show Bio

clears 9/10 easily then clears round 10 high diff

#11 Posted by AlphaQ (6730 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Those are some interesting scans, thank you, I didn't have the My Hero Academia verse pegged as one that would have impressive stamina feats. I looked at the most recent chapters to see more and Shigaraki says that the monster is getting slower, which could mean Tomura is getting faster considering he is the one who noticed this but it's also possible it was just his delirium getting to him. Shigaraki's power really underwhelmed me when he fought Erasurehead, considering he had his elbow gripped for seconds just to cause relatively minor harm, but now it's pretty cool to see that it actually is a legitimate death touch.

On the topic of the battle, Shigaraki doesn't really need rest between rounds. With his powerset the fights will end quickly so he shouldn't accumulate much damage and he can fight past any attrition. In the scans you posted though he is only blitzing fodder one of them is mid-leap attacking him, but Tomura crosses the distance, kills them and move to the other side before the guys legs can fall noticeably so that's a nice feat for his movement and disintegration speed. His speed, evasiveness and powerset should let him get to Bucky for sure. Then you start getting into how quickly his power works against vibranium, which Bucky's arm should be. My gut tells me he should beat Bucky but probably lose to Steve, considering he has piercing attacks and can protect both sides of his body with vibranium.

Webbing is a good counter though to the disintegration touch because even if it breaks locally it is still adhesive so Shigaraki would still have his movement limiting depending on how much Peter opts to use. Don't see Shigaraki getting past that.

#12 Edited by jashro44 (54808 posts) - - Show Bio

@alphaq: No problem. Regarding Shigaraki's statement about Gigantomachia getting slower I would just assume that is the case for the time being. its been shown the league of villains can't hurt him so there trying to tire him out (Gigantomachia has a stamina quirk which is why he needs to be attacked for over a month basically).

#13 Posted by ManimalMan (975 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:
@manimalman said:

Stops at spidey

Reason?

He's fast, agile and has danger sensing making him harder to catch. he's also got ranged attacks.

Shiggy's biggest weak spot is the he needs CQC to deal damage.

#14 Posted by kgb725 (19890 posts) - - Show Bio

@sy8000: @jimcrim: He shouldn't clear anything. Hes been fodder to anyone but Deku who he caught off guard

#15 Posted by Doofasa (2229 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 7 or 8 IMO.

Cap has the piercing damage to put him down, as well as enough defense to last long enough to land the finishing blows (more often then not).

Spiderman's spider sense should keep him away and then he can web him up from afar and sling shot him until he's KO'd.

#16 Edited by Andromeda101 (1238 posts) - - Show Bio
@jashro44 said:).

I always felt like Shigaraki was more dangerous than he's shown himself to be. I made this thread to test the waters and see what everyone else thinks.

You may actually be right. Apparently the leaks regarding the next chapter say that Shigaraki has also gotten a power-up and now can somehow dust people even without touching them, like something similar to Eri's Quirk. Now, we don't know exactly how that works until the chapter actually comes out, but what'd you think about that if ends up being as broken as it sounds?

#17 Posted by jashro44 (54808 posts) - - Show Bio

@andromeda101: That would make him really tough to debate. His current issue is he isn't a martial artist, and doesn't have measurable speed feats either. That would give him an easy to kill people but the issue right now is him not being blitzed.

He was able to avoid attacks from Gigantomachia which is impressive but Gigantomachia also doesn't have speed feats....He can use area of effect attacks making it hard to avoid damage from him but that's all we have to go on right now. I guess he did also blitz Tsyu. The problem with Shigaraki is his speed relies on scaling from characters who don't really have speed feats.

I kind of hope he's not that OP because I would like to create more threads with him...I do like Shigaraki but because he lacks feats its hard to talk about him. I've always felt like in universe he would beat Deku if they fought and that's why we never saw him fight any of the kids. But actually proving he beats Deku through feats is basically impossible.

#18 Edited by Andromeda101 (1238 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Shigaraki almost blitzed Overhaul during their first encounter, no? Albeit Overhaul wasn't paying attention to him at first. Anyway, The LoV seems to be getting better and more measurable feats in this arc when fighting against the MLA...Which is kinda an impressive feat by itself considered it seems to be an entire city filled with them and that Curious/Chitose said those guys trained every day to become soldiers, so they aren't just pure fodders.

#19 Posted by MrTrey (830 posts) - - Show Bio

That speed seems too much in CQC for anyone that's not Quicksilver in the MCU films. Spider-Man should be able to register him, but his spidey-sense seems pretty nerfed.

#20 Posted by jashro44 (54808 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Shigaraki almost blitzed Overhaul during their first encounter, no? Albeit Overhaul wasn't paying attention to him at first. Anyway, The LoV seems to be getting better and more measurable feats in this arc when fighting against the MLA...Which is kinda an impressive feat by itself considered it seems to be an entire city filled with them and that Curious/Chitose said those guys trained every day to become soldiers, so they aren't just pure fodders.

So I just checked out the chapter.

It looks like this might have happened because Shigaraki was extremely tired. He did show a good speed feat by blitzing those people (or maybe it was just one person because his powers started disintegrating people who he wasn't touching) even when in a state where he was so tried he started vomiting.

I am curious how his ability works. It didn't look like he just looked at the guys which is less broken. I'm hoping there is some explanation.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

#21 Edited by Andromeda101 (1238 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

It looks like this might have happened because Shigaraki was extremely tired. He did show a good speed feat by blitzing those people (or maybe it was just one person because his powers started disintegrating people who he wasn't touching) even when in a state where he was so tried he started vomiting.

I am curious how his ability works. It didn't look like he just looked at the guys which is less broken. I'm hoping there is some explanation.

Yes, I do wonder if this new ability is only something that happens strictly when Shigaraki is tired or if that was simply an awaken mechanism much like the fear of dying and stress did with Toga. It could be also a result of his Quirk evolving thanks to fighting against Gigantomachia for over a month, too.

From the looks of it, I would say his decay works more like a chain reaction now by spreading its effects through anyone who comes directly in contact with it. If you pay attention, all those MLA members who attacked him were like a swarm of people, so it's possible that Shigaraki decayed only a few and then it's effect spread throughout the others. This raises a few questions, though. Can Shigarak indirectly dust people by touching the ground they're on, for example? How far does his decay spread now? It did seem to destroy part of the walls in that alley, but not by much:

No Caption Provided

But is that really how far its range is limited? Honestly, I don't think we'll be able to ascertain a good answer until the next chapters.

#22 Posted by jashro44 (54808 posts) - - Show Bio

@andromeda101:

Yes, I do wonder if this new ability is only something that happens strictly when Shigaraki is tired or if that was simply an awaken mechanism much like the fear of dying and stress did with Toga. It could be also a result of his Quirk evolving thanks to fighting against Gigantomachia for over a month, too.

Yea its possible the entire league (except Dabi) has evolved from combat with Gigantomachia. That would be interesting.

From the looks of it, I would say his decay works more like a chain reaction now by spreading its effects through anyone who comes directly in contact with it. If you pay attention, all those MLA members who attacked him were like a swarm of people, so it's possible that Shigaraki decayed only a few and then it's effect spread throughout the others. This raises a few questions, though. Can Shigarak indirectly dust people by touching the ground they're on, for example? How far does his decay spread now? It did seem to destroy part of the walls in that alley, but not by much:

That would be interesting. I would like that. It would be powerful but not broken.

But is that really how far its range is limited? Honestly, I don't think we'll be able to ascertain a good answer until the next chapters.

Yea probably not. Might not get a good answer until the end of the arc or maybe even later...

#23 Posted by Andromeda101 (1238 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

Yea its possible the entire league (except Dabi) has evolved from combat with Gigantomachia. That would be interesting.

Yes, but I do wonder if Dabi doesn't have a new ability or trick up his sleeve to show off as well. If I'm not mistaken, Dabi's the only member of the LoV whose quirk wasn't officially named or described at any point in the series. We know that Dabi can project blue flames because that's what been show so far, but is that really all there is? Especially because everyone in the villains-side seems to be getting some sort of power-up, lol.

That would be interesting. I would like that. It would be powerful but not broken.

Yeah. It's not something too broken and would take away the current CQC's limitation from his decay.

Yea probably not. Might not get a good answer until the end of the arc or maybe even later...

Indeed. Given that we don't even know for certain how and why this ability triggered, I say it's pretty unusable here and in other battles for now.

#24 Edited by jashro44 (54808 posts) - - Show Bio

@andromeda101:

Yes, but I do wonder if Dabi doesn't have a new ability or trick up his sleeve to show off as well. If I'm not mistaken, Dabi's the only member of the LoV whose quirk wasn't officially named or described at any point in the series. We know that Dabi can project blue flames because that's what been show so far, but is that really all there is? Especially because everyone in the villains-side seems to be getting some sort of power-up, lol.

I think Dabi is probably Endeavor's son/Todoroki's brother. Endeavor mentioned in a flash back that he had a son with a weak body but a quirk stronger than endeavor's. Dabi's flames are blue so the should be hotter in theory. Plus the way they interacted at the summer camp makes me think Dabi has some connection to Todoroki like he knows something about him.

#25 Posted by Zuriel-el (3779 posts) - - Show Bio

clear, he became fte a while back.

#26 Posted by jashro44 (54808 posts) - - Show Bio

@zuriel-el: When?

#27 Posted by Zuriel-el (3779 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

he was able to shock someone with overhauls speed (Overhaul is faster than someone who punched at bullet speed).

https://i4.mangapanda.com/boku-no-hero-academia/142/boku-no-hero-academia-9451105.jpg

https://i3.mangapanda.com/boku-no-hero-academia/142/boku-no-hero-academia-9451129.jpg

punches like bullets.

https://i10.mangapanda.com/boku-no-hero-academia/143/boku-no-hero-academia-9473605.jpg

too fast to see.

https://i9.mangapanda.com/boku-no-hero-academia/146/boku-no-hero-academia-9560017.jpg

chisaki blitzed him (mr bullet punches)

https://i10.mangapanda.com/boku-no-hero-academia/146/boku-no-hero-academia-9560023.jpg

instantaneously. overhaul (chisaki) had no problem with this speed class.

https://i2.mangapanda.com/boku-no-hero-academia/125/boku-no-hero-academia-8872369.jpg

https://i8.mangapanda.com/boku-no-hero-academia/125/boku-no-hero-academia-8872375.jpg

shigaraki vs overhaul (chisaki), overhaul needed a human shield.

ALL THIS IS BEFORE HIS MATCH WITH MEGALOMACHIA.

He became this fast afterward as he began to react to megalomachia's speed (they'd been fighting for weeks and its not over yet), and did this when a hoard of people attacked him.

https://i9.mangapanda.com/boku-no-hero-academia/227/boku-no-hero-academia-12154771.jpg

https://i1.mangapanda.com/boku-no-hero-academia/227/boku-no-hero-academia-12154777.jpg

https://i1.mangapanda.com/boku-no-hero-academia/227/boku-no-hero-academia-12154789.jpg

blitzed all of them. and he doesn't even need to touch people directly anymore, just the aura around him is enough.

#28 Posted by Lsoon23 (944 posts) - - Show Bio

Clears, Shigaraki legitimately now has the best feats in the series beside All Might and maybe All For One.

#29 Posted by KingCrimson (6233 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah he stomps everyone now.

#30 Posted by SoImMe (346 posts) - - Show Bio

Shigaraki is a monster now. He stomps.

#31 Posted by ReaperTheGrim (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

oof this didn't age well.

#32 Posted by uugieboogie (13616 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Shiggy stomps now