No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Ainz Ooal Gown from OverLord

No Caption Provided

Rules:

• Desert place.
  • Bloodlusted.
  • Win by death, ko or incapacitation.
  • No restrict rules (Bfr etc. Available).
  • Manga/Lightnovel/Anime feats.

Round:

Round 1

• No prep
  • Starting distance is 50 ft
  • Ainz doesn't have acces to cash shop item
  • Shiba Tatsuya at his strongest
  • They have no knowledge about each other

Round 2

• No prep
  • Ainz Ooal Gown at his strongest (fully equiped)
  • They have knowledge about each other

Round 3

• 1 day prep
  • Ainz Ooal Gown at his strongest (fully equiped)

• They have knowledge about each other

ChuckApick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Bump

COOLGUY18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Tatsuya reduces ainz to space dust.

ChuckApick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ChuckApick

@coolguy18: don't know much about Tatsuya, can he counter time manipulation and survive to something like "the goal of all life is death" ?

(Just asking)

COOLGUY18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chuckapick: KILL him all you want, he'll just revive himself without any effort at all. Then he proceeds to destroy ainz with countless nukes.

COOLGUY18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fight starts.

1)Tatsuya activates elemental sight, he notices giant source of magic.

2)He activates Mist Dispersal

3)Ainz-sama is turned into speck of dust. be durability ignoring reality warping magic.

COOLGUY18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By COOLGUY18

pR1: Ainz get's slaughtered.

R2: Ainz knows everything about tatsuya? Ok, he starts this fight by running away.

R3: Ainz uses the one day prep to decorate nazarick and prays for salvation. Then before the battle starts, ainz surrenders like a kid, then offers the staff of ainz ooal gown to shiba, and makes him the new ruler of nazarick.

ChuckApick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ChuckApick

@chuckapick: KILL him all you want, he'll just revive himself without any effort at all. Then he proceeds to destroy ainz with countless nukes.

He can revive from nothing ? I mean "the goal of all life is death" killed everything in an area of 200m (656feats) including air and ground, nothing left...

COOLGUY18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By COOLGUY18

@chuckapick: Do you even watch the irregular magic highschool? Lmao. Study about the other character first. Tatsuya can revive himself as much as he wants. plus the sad thing is that, TGOLID has a long casting time. Whereas tatsuya only needs a fraction of a second and ainz is already reduced to a pile of ashes. This is a stomp in tatsuya's favor. Nice try creating a sad stomp thread tho.

ChuckApick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ChuckApick

@coolguy18 said:

@chuckapick: Do you even watch the irregular magic highschool? Lmao. Study about the other character first. Tatsuya can revive himself as much as he wants. plus the sad thing is that, TGOLID has a long casting time. Whereas tatsuya only needs a fraction of a second and ainz is already reduced to a pile of ashes. This is a stomp in tatsuya's favor. Nice try creating a sad stomp thread tho.

I don't know if you are stupid or just kidding. I don't know much about irregular magic highschool (but don't misunderstand, i still know the anime/manga, i'm just not aware about his possible best feats), that exactly why i'm asking to you, but i will stop asking. Actualy if i knew those characters perfectly i would not have done that thread.

I was not aware about the total immortality of shiba and time manipulation resistance. So if what you say is true, and that he can revive from nothing and as much as he wants then his way more op than i tought.

For, the goal of all life casting time, ainz has acces to cash shop item in R2 and 3 ( when i wrote "fully equiped", i mean, acces to all item he owns)

And you are talking about blitz, but Ainz is realy fast, a lot of person think his ftl. In my opinion it's an hyperbole, but at least his close or equal to light speed.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By reikai

Tatsuya isn’t immune to death or time magic. Tatsuya can basically restore his body to a point before his death, but only so long as his brain remains functioning. Since brain activity can continue for up to 8min after death; ie the heart stops beating, Tatsuya can restore himself to before he was injured.

However, insta-death shuts this down entirely because it’s not causing injury. It ceases all functions and you just die. And if Tatsuya’s brain is damaged or blown off, he has no way of coming back from that.

COOLGUY18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By COOLGUY18

@reikai: But he has no counter against tatsuya's insta- death spells too. Also decomposition, material burst and mist dispersion(Assuming he has all the CAD's)

COOLGUY18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chuckapick: Well thanks to reikai's explaination, he's not countering TGOLID. But tatsuya's one shot attack, decomposition has an activation time of 0.05 seconds. So i think tatsuya's hitting first.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolguy18: Ainz is immune to insta-death and immune to critical blows. Tatsuya also has to get through Ainz’s passive defenses and resistances. Which he can’t do. Ainz also has low ftl reaction speed. Tatsuya isn’t getting the drop on him. Also, Silent Time Stop is cast instantly. So Ainz will always have the first move.

FlashingSabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ainz has Instant Death spells that work on anyone or anything, regardless of immortality or resistance AND he has a spell that makes it impossible for the target to be resurrected in anyway barring literal god-tier magic.

Bandedessinee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bandedessinee

Onii- sama one shots with material burst.

No Caption Provided

Also Cast jamming would stop Ainz spells.

No Caption Provided

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bandedessinee: MB can only be used from miles away using the Third Eye rifle, unless Tatsuya wants to die in the blast. Magic Jamming will not work since it only interferes with spells used through devices as they are imprinted in numerical code, something Tatsuya can interfere with by reading the spell code before it is cast. This will not work against Ainz whose magic and casting method is completely different and does not use electronic devices as the medium for the spell.

Bandedessinee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: He would just use Regrowth so he doesn't die. Regrowth resets his body to an earlier time before taking damage. For a shorter range though he can just use a normal decomposition spell like Mist dispersion.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Okay you right that cast jamming only affects CADs . Ainz magic in the Mahouka world would be classified as ancient magic . Gram demolition and gram dispersion should work to stop Ainz activating spells.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bandedessinee: Regrowth would do nothing. I already explained that. Once insta-death is used, there's nothing Tatsuya can do. He dies. Instantly. There's no brain activity for him to use any abilities. And the Gram spells only counter spells as they are being formed, not after they've been formed. Ainz's take form the moment he casts them. The only one to successfully interrupt his casting was a heavily buffed Shizu-doppelganger, and did so by shooting his hands when he went to cast spells. Someone who is considerably faster than Tatsuya.

Again, Tatsuya has no counter for Time stop and instant death. Tatsuya is no challenge to Ainz.

Loading Video...

Nordenfang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: Could you explain where in Overlord it’s been described that Instant Death ceases Brain Activity in particular? Instant Death has been described as causing death instantly but that doesn’t necessarily mean that ALL their functions stop working. There are ways for people to “instantly” die without necessarily ceasing all activity(brain activity in particular.) And there is a precedent for instant death spells causing death in ways that don’t cease ALL activity such as Grasp Heart.

I know this is old but I’ve seen so much overlord wank that I’ve grown sensitive(as in I hate it not necessarily that I can spot it everytime) to any inaccuracy in Overlord arguments(not that yours is inaccurate.)

And I just couldn’t resist.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nordenfang:

Could you explain where in Overlord it’s been described that Instant Death ceases Brain Activity in particular?

It doesn't need to. You're dead. Period. To suggest any part of them is still active is to say they aren't completely dead. Which completely goes against the very idea of instantaneous death.

Instant Death has been described as causing death instantly but that doesn’t necessarily mean that ALL their functions stop working.
No that's pretty much exactly what it means. And it has never been suggested anywhere that this is not the case.
There are ways for people to “instantly” die without necessarily ceasing all activity
You want to show that being the case anywhere in Overlord? Cause the only time that was true it wasn't because the person was killed by a spell or special ability. It was just Sebas decapitating one of the Six Arms with a hand chop. In which case the brain would still be active for several minutes.
And there is a precedent for instant death spells causing death in ways that don’t cease ALL activity such as Grasp Heart.
No, it quite clearly caused instant death. Not only was this true with the Theocracy Knight, but also true of the Frost Dragon Lord and his eldest son, both of whom died instantly from the spell. There was no final gasp or murmuring of "B-but...how?". They just fell over. Dead. No movement or activity at all. Straight up Dead.
I know this is old but I’ve seen so much overlord wank that I’ve grown sensitive
And I've seen so much insane downplay that these kinds of statements are just utterly worthless and prove nothing.
Now, I'll step away from the head bashing and get right to a simple point from which there is no way for you to argue in favor of Tatsuya over; Even if deciding to be lenient and allow Tatsuya to revive from other insta-death spells and effects, like Depair Aura V and so forth, [True Death] nullifies all of this as it specifically blocks resurrection from occurring and cannot be bypassed except by by its equivalent spell, [True Resurrection], or higher resurrection abilities/functions. To which, Tatsuya has no way to overcome this.
Quite literally, every match would end the same way as with Gazef Stronoff.
Loading Video...
Nordenfang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: @reikai: Even after death the brain still functions for a while. The person is still dead but the brain remains intact and working for a while.

Instant Death is only described as causing death instantly. It needs to have actual feats of ceasing everything before we consider it as such or that’s an NLF. And since it’s been established that after death the brain still works Tatsuya’s ability should still work as you’ve described wherein he can reset to a certain point even after his body dies.

I think you’re using your own idea of what instant death is rather than what has been shown and described. All we see is them falling down seemingly lifelessly when ainz uses his spells but that can happen and still have your brain remain active. I’m gonna need hard proof on this one rather than an ambigous semantic argument over “Instantaneous death” which im the first place can be interpreted in several ways. What matters is what we’ve seen and I don’t recall seeing anything that proves what you’ve said. Do please prove me wrong.

It’s never actually been desribed to us that people who die in the overlord verse die in a way that instantly ceases all activity. So in a case where an actual clarification by the author hasn’t been made I would assume it works the same way as the real world wherein even after you’ve supposedly died your brain will still function.Plus, the burden of proof is on you for making the claim not me.

It crushes the heart. That’s literally the spell name and what we see animated. Just because they fell over instantly doesn’t mean their brain activity has stopped. Falling over without movement is not an indication that your brain isn’t still functioning on any level.

Definitely true there have been downplays but for me the wanks are much more prominent. People are so enamored by the character that they overblow his feats. The blackhole fear is a common wank, and so is Instant Death.

In the first place when it comes to versus fights you’re not supposed to carry over universe rules and the idea that instant death will work on anyone who hasn’t been said to possess resistances is an NLF.

As for your final argument, again it’s incredibly biased towards how the overlord verse works which isn’t supposed to be how versus battles work. You use feats. What’s the strongest thing his ability has worked on, and how do they compare to Tatsuya’s level. I’m willing to compromise with NLF and say these spells work even without feats showing they work even against beings that massively outclass them in almost all aspects but that one thing however you cannot say that Tatsuya’s ability cannot overcome the spell because they are from different universes. That’s the tricky thing about versus fights. You can’t just biasedly refer to one world’s system and ignore the other.

P.S I replied earlier but it was an accidental click that sent nothing so this id an edit.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nordenfang:

Even after death the brain still functions for a while. The person is still dead but the brain remains intact and working for a while.

That only depends on how the body was injured. The brain only continues to live after the heart stops beating until it's starved of oxygen by the lack of bloodflow. There is still cellular activity after death, such as hair continuing to grow, but it doesn't make you any less dead. This doesn't account for how Magic affects the body.

Instant Death is only described as causing death instantly. It needs to have actual feats of ceasing everything before we consider it as such or that’s an NLF.

That is wildly incorrect and a misuse of the term NLF. And no, it doesn't need the added minutia of explaining how every organ and part of the body dies to get across that the target is completely dead. This isn't a Princess Bride thing of; "he's only MOSTLY dead, which means he's slightly alive."

And since it’s been established that after death the brain still works

Under normal, non-magical circumstances. And only in cases where the brain itself is not injured.

Tatsuya’s ability should still work as you’ve described wherein he can reset to a certain point even after his body dies.

Again, see above.

I think you’re using your own idea of what instant death is rather than what has been shown and described.

I'm using what's been shown and indicated by the books and nothing more.

All we see is them falling down seemingly lifelessly

Again implying that they're not completely dead when there is literally no indication of that being true. They aren't "seemingly lifeless", they are completely lifeless. Every scene of an instant death effect working on a target plays out the same. Human, Troll and Dragon alike. There is no difference.

Overlord Vol11 Chapter 5

“…No, wait. What are those clothes you’re wearing?”

Perhaps after calming down somewhat, his Draconic nose for treasure had kicked in.

Hejinmal felt that this was very bad, and he looked around for help. However, all the concubines had the same excited look on their faces, a bestial hunger for treasure in their eyes. Only his mother was trying to surreptitiously leave this place, but she had no intention of helping her son.

“This is the first time I have seen such treasure. If you want me to forgive your foolishness, then offer me your raiment, Skeleton.”

“Umu… dealing with fools is truly tiresome.”

A cold voice rang forth.

Why did his father’s instincts as one of the living not tell him that Death awaited him? It must have been his Draconic avarice at work here.

“You idiot! You’ve just thrown away the only chance you had to survive! No, I should kill you─”

“[Grasp Heart].”

And with that, his father’s body slumped powerlessly to the ground.

All eyes went to the body of the strongest Dragon here.

The way he did not move at all looked like he was sleeping. Of course, that was definitely not the case.

The air in the room turned cold, and the Supreme Being spoke.

“I have no interest in last words. Then, Hejinmal, which of them is your mother? I shall show her mercy and spare her life. As for the others, well, I’m sure there will be various uses for them after we’re done picking them apart.”

I’m gonna need hard proof on this one rather than an ambigous semantic argument over “Instantaneous death” which im the first place can be interpreted in several ways.

Nothing about it is ambiguous. It does what it says.

Loading Video...

Aura of Despair V has the effect of Instant Death. It doesn't target any part of the body. This is a passive ability Ainz turns on and off because he doesn't want to kill everyone he meets just by walking around.

It’s never actually been desribed to us that people who die in the overlord verse die in a way that instantly ceases all activity.

Because it's unnecessary minutia that doesn't needed to be added in. Like how many wrinkles there are on a persons clothes or how many nose hairs they have. They are completely unnecessary details that change nothing about the scene in question.

In the first place when it comes to versus fights you’re not supposed to carry over universe rules and the idea that instant death will work on anyone who hasn’t been said to possess resistances is an NLF.

No that's just how magic and mechanics work. You're either powerful enough to resist it or you aren't. You don't get to claim "he has magic, therefore automatically resists everything".

Definitely true there have been downplays but for me the wanks are much more prominent. People are so enamored by the character that they overblow his feats. The blackhole fear is a common wank, and so is Instant Death.

Don't see how it's wank. Black Hole is a spell that sucks the target into a miniature singularity, killing them instantly. If you wanted to judge the force of it by its size, then given it's about the size of a soccer ball, then that Black Hole has the gravitational force and mass of a large planet. Since in order for the Earth to be made into a singularity, it would need to be compressed down to the size of a peanut.

Loading Video...

So if you wanted to go with science and physics, then Ainz's Black Hole can theoretically destroy the Earth if he were to use the planet as the Target and not an individual.

As for your final argument, again it’s incredibly biased towards how the overlord verse works which isn’t supposed to be how versus battles work. You use feats. What’s the strongest thing his ability has worked on, and how do they compare to Tatsuya’s level. I’m willing to compromise with NLF and say these spells work even without feats showing they work even against beings that massively outclass them in almost all aspects but that one thing however you cannot say that Tatsuya’s ability cannot overcome the spell because they are from different universes. That’s the tricky thing about versus fights. You can’t just biasedly refer to one world’s system and ignore the other.

Been explained before. The way Tatsuya uses magic is wholly different and the way he interferes with magic is by disrupting the code in the device to negate the spell activation or disrupting the spell before it's completely formed, as was shown in his fight with Ichijo Masaki. The way spells are cast in Overlord are fundamentally different and Tatsuya needs to completely analyze the spells in order to understand them and stop their activation. Which, again, he can't do here because of the difference in functionality and casting them.

Nothing about what I said was biased. Simply explaining why Tatsuya's methods wouldn't work. On top of that, Ainz has a ring that blocks such information gathering methods. Thus if Tatsuya tried to analyze anything about Ainz, he would get nothing. He wouldn't even be able to tell if Ainz had magic at all until he used actual spells or removed the ring.

Loading Video...

I'm well aware as to how both systems work. And I can tell you that Tatsuya has no chance of winning. None at all. The only thing that could possibly even hurt Ainz is Material Burst using he Third Eye rifle. But again, Tatsuya would have to be miles away to keep from killing himself in the blast, and it would barely do anything to Ainz, who can straight up withstand his own Overtier Magic that specifically does increased damage to undead.

Nordenfang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: Just gonna start this off with saying I know nothing about Tatsuya beyond the anime. And I’m not even arguing the post. I just hate Overlord wank and generally I hate overlord in vsbattles because everyone loooves to wank overlord. So I’m arguing that Instant Death has no actual strong feats that would place it in as much esteem as you seem to say. This is what I think you’re saying, correct me if I’m wrong.

“Instant Death imposes complete death on anybody without specific resistance to it.”

I say that’s NLF.

Consider this, character A has a sword that in his universe can cut through anybody who doesn’t have a special material to use as a shield. You then dump him into an entirely different universe and say that it still applies.

In this case you’re saying that Ainz’s abilities will work the same way in every universe and require a certain type of resistance each time.

It’s the same NLF at work.

Now to go to the particulars of instant death. I will admit I made an error. This isn’t exactly a “no-limits fallacy” I probably confused it with the earlier idea I laid out.

But here’s what I think about that.

Just because somebody falls lifelessly doesn’t mean we can assume they are actually lifeless. We don’t know that. The novel doesn’t need to descibe it becaus eof the technicalities of writing but when it comes to a versus battle feats and canon explanations are king. And without clear information that explains how the instant death works aside from the ambiguous “it causes death.” then you can’t just assume that’s how it works.

I’ve already mentioned Grasp Heart as a type of Instant Death spell that doesn’t work as you describe so how do we know the others work like that?

Magic and mechanics don’t work the same way everywhere. That may he how it is in the Overlordverse but that doesn’t mean that’s how it works everywhere else. Again don’t enforce overlord system on everything.

Black Hole is a magical spell and the best feat it’s got is killing some low-tier angel that’s probably city-level at best. You don’t just assume it works like an actual black hole because that’s what the name is. That’s not how it works. Blackhole feat is complete wank.

Divination magic is another complete wank. It blocks against certain types of spells within their system not every divination ability ever. This already has sufficient proof if you’ve read Maruyama’s shalltear short on twitter where PDL dealt her a large amount of fire damage despite her supposed complete immunity to fire. She lost an arm and a shoulder, couldn’t speak or cast spells? Why? Because her resistances can’t work against something that doesn’t operate within her system like Platinum Dragon Lord’s wild magic. Same logic with other verse’s magic systems.

Your last sentence provides no argument or feats beyond lipservice so I won’t address it but even if it did I probably wouldn’t address it because I don’t care about Tatsuya and how he would fare against Ainz. Just want to adjust the wank.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nordenfang:

And I’m not even arguing the post. I just hate Overlord wank and generally I hate overlord in vsbattles because everyone loooves to wank overlord. So I’m arguing that Instant Death has no actual strong feats that would place it in as much esteem as you seem to say. This is what I think you’re saying, correct me if I’m wrong.

Well you are wrong, because this kind of thing doesn't fall under the same concept as DC (Destructive Capacity), it's Hax. It's not about the size of the opponent, it's whether or not they can resist or defend against the effect. As I had shown, he insta-killed a Dragon Lord with it. And Dragon Lords are considerably larger than Ainz. And Tatsuya.

“Instant Death imposes complete death on anybody without specific resistance to it.”

I say that’s NLF.

Well if you have a resistance to it and/or tools that block it, or are immune to it like all undead are...then no. No it's not a NLF. Because there are clearly things it cannot affect normally.

Consider this, character A has a sword that in his universe can cut through anybody who doesn’t have a special material to use as a shield. You then dump him into an entirely different universe and say that it still applies.

In this case you’re saying that Ainz’s abilities will work the same way in every universe and require a certain type of resistance each time.

It’s the same NLF at work.

Not only is that a false equivalency, but that's not even how it work. Because Universe-B can have a material the equivalent of said material in Universe-A, and/or a stronger material, thus making your comparison entirely pointless. Which is actually kind of funny as Adamantine in the New World of Overlord is considered the strongest known material in their world, and Narberal Gamma scoffs at it wondering why Ainz isn't being ranked by far stronger materials, going off and listing Magical and Prismatic metals that make Adamantine look as durable as a wine glass.

In fact, Ainz gives the Dwarves of the Azerlesian Mountains an ingot of what he says is a "lv40 trash material", and it's so resilient to heat and pressure that the best dwarven smith in the kingdom spent three days trying to heat the metal in their strongest forge and can't even get it warm. So now they have to go off and actually create and discover new ways of heating and smithing just to work with a material that, to Ainz, is worthless, but to them is more valuable and stronger than Adamantine by a considerable degree.

But here’s what I think about that.

Just because somebody falls lifelessly doesn’t mean we can assume they are actually lifeless.

Yes we can, because there is no indication anywhere within the text suggesting otherwise. It's really that simple. Unless you have evidence from within this series that actually depicts otherwise, then we can absolutely assume that they are totally dead and lifeless since nothing within the scenes shows any differently.

The novel doesn’t need to descibe it becaus eof the technicalities of writing but when it comes to a versus battle feats and canon explanations are king. And without clear information that explains how the instant death works aside from the ambiguous “it causes death.” then you can’t just assume that’s how it works.

And like I said, unless it's indicated differently within scene or context of the series, then we can absolutely assume it works and functions as depicted. You need evidence to claim otherwise. And we both know that evidence does not exist.

I’ve already mentioned Grasp Heart as a type of Instant Death spell that doesn’t work as you describe so how do we know the others work like that?

No, you tried suggesting that GH works differently. However you didn't grasp what the spell is or what it does exactly. And as I showed with Despair Aura, the effect of Instant Death affects the target entirely. That effect does not require targeting a specific part of the body. And in fact, [Grasp Heart] has a secondary effect that temporarily stuns the target if the target resists the insta-death effect.

Magic and mechanics don’t work the same way everywhere. That may he how it is in the Overlordverse but that doesn’t mean that’s how it works everywhere else. Again don’t enforce overlord system on everything.

That's not what I'm doing, but it's what you think I'm doing because the magic system in "The Irregular i Magic High School" is so lackluster and lacking in nuance and hax abilities. So of course the series with the stronger, more defined and diverse magic system, is going to have a very distinctive advantage. And it's not just the magic systems at play either.

Black Hole is a magical spell and the best feat it’s got is killing some low-tier angel that’s probably city-level at best. You don’t just assume it works like an actual black hole because that’s what the name is. That’s not how it works. Blackhole feat is complete wank.

That's your opinion, not stated fact. Again what you're failing to account for is the fact these spells are based and limited in effective range by Game Mechanics as being interpreted within the real world. One of the first things Ainz realizes when casting spells in the New World is that just thinking of the spell he wants to use gives him information on how much it costs, as well as the range of the spell.

Other things required experimentation since the defined area of effect or some id described as an "Area" or "Target". Ainz's uses of the Overtier magic [Creation], that he used to freeze the Lizardman lake, affected a considerably smaller zone within the game. In the New World, it froze the entire lake. Going over general information and data extrapolated from the series suggests that the smaller circular area of the lake that the Lizardmen made their villages around would come to around 200 square miles. [Creation] within the game would only affect the immediate room or area, which is maybe a few hundred meters. In the New World, by targeting "The Lake", the entire area designated as "The Lake" was affected. Which opens up the probability that if he, say, targeted the "Pacific Ocean", then it's possible the entire Pacific Ocean could be frozen over, going by how the ability now functions within the Real World.

And that's just an example.

Divination magic is another complete wank. It blocks against certain types of spells within their system not every divination ability ever.

Talents are things unique to the people of the New World and did not exist in YGGDRASIL, the game where Ainz and co originated from. Arche's Magic Sight was still blocked by Ainz's ring, even though her ability did not exist within that world's system. So we actually have in-universe evidence that proves your argument incorrect.

This already has sufficient proof if you’ve read Maruyama’s shalltear short on twitter where PDL dealt her a large amount of fire damage despite her supposed complete immunity to fire.

Shalltear was never immune to fire damage. That's why Ainz's Overtier magic [Fallen Down] was able to hurt her as much as it did. So either you're misreading something, or someone's trolling the fans. The only one with an immunity to Fire is Ainz, and that's only when he has his God-Tier items equipped. Ie; the outfit he normally goes around it. That combined with his ability points towards flame resistance gives him Absolute Flame Resistance. However in his fight with Shalltear he instead used Relic-level equipment with Holy/Faith resistance to better withstands Shalltear's spells, which are largely Faith-based and thus do holy damage. Something Ainz was much more vulnerable to.

Just want to adjust the wank.

Which you're not doing because there's no wank here. It's just making analysis and comparisons.

Nordenfang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Nordenfang

@reikai:

Size? Who said anything about size? No I’m talking about feats of instant death magic working on people stronger than you in all other aspects. Like say we get a character who can destroy universes and then you say Instant Death is going to work on him simply because it’s never been shown that he can resist it. I find that ridiculous.

I don’t think you understand what I meant.

Character A’s sword can cut through anything but a specific(perhaps I should have used this instead of “special” to be clearer)material. So you dump him into another world and say that it’s still only that specific one that can defend from the sword. Regardless of defensive feats from the metals. Not sure what you’re trying to say with the latter bit of this part so I’ll ignore it.

That’s not how it works. It has to be explicitly described to work in a certain way for us to use it in an argument that it works in that way. Burden of proof is on you who claims that they are actually completely lifeless instantly which again has no backing in the text.

Grasp Heart literally crushes the victim’s heart. This is supported in the anime, LN, and Manga. And the effect you claim that the aura has does not actually have backing in the text. We just see them fall down. Doesn’t mean they’re completely lifeless and that everything is affected. Not sure what stunning has to do with anything.

That is what you’re doing.

Which is an opinion?

The blackhole is a magical spell.

It’s best feat is indeed swallowing that angel.

What’s the angel’s best feat? Has it done anything beyond city-level?

Again don’t enforce the system everywhere. Just because these game mechanics work in one way in that world doesn’t mean it will work the same way in another world. Feats, feats, feats. That’s what vsbattles are all about.

We actually don’t know that talents don’t come from YGGDRASIL. Have you seen a DL that existed before YGGDRASIL players started arriving with a talent? It’s possible that talents are some sort of special skill brought over by the appearance of players. Much like Tier Magic and language translation seems to have been brought over.

As for the fire damage bit. Seriously, read the twitter post. Here I’ll link you to it, it’s on nigel’s site.

http://overlordvolume10.blogspot.com/2017/09/bad-end-battle.html?m=1

If you don’t wanna read then here’s a quote,

“This pain would destroy Shalltear Bloodfallen.

"Ahhhhhh"

Her thoughts were shredded, the fragments leaping from her mouth.

She should have been immune to fire, so why had she taken fire damage? How had her defenses been breached?“

There’s a lot of wank and inaccuracies here. Divination Magic, Talents, Blackholes, Instant Death spells and counting.

Edit: Sorry for the late reply, I’ve been busy IRL. Might not respond immediately to your next response but I’ll definitely be back at some point to read and refute.

LPercepts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That isn't actually true. There is a limit to how many times he can revive. If you put him in a persistently lethal environment like the bottom of the ocean, in solid rock, or in a volcano, then every time he revives, he will simply be injured lethally over and over again until he runs out of psions to sustain Regrowth and dies for good from psion exhaustion. Any opponent who can inflict lethal injuries to Tatsuya over and over again can easily kill him this way.

LPercepts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In any case, I daresay Ainz stomps.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8c2337e0697
deactivated-5d8c2337e0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tatsuya . There's a limit to the range of TGOALID , whereas Tatsuya can just nuke Ainz and his guild from afar . Also , for those saying Ainz is immune to instant death , Tatsuya's spell isn't instadeath , it's destroying the atoms of the body. If you claim Ainz is immune to that , it's as good as saying he's immortal. ANY attack other than TGOALID won't work , and that's not happening considering Tatsuya's reflexes and his material burst.

COOLGUY18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolguy18 said:

That isn't actually true. There is a limit to how many times he can revive. If you put him in a persistently lethal environment like the bottom of the ocean, in solid rock, or in a volcano, then every time he revives, he will simply be injured lethally over and over again until he runs out of psions to sustain Regrowth and dies for good from psion exhaustion. Any opponent who can inflict lethal injuries to Tatsuya over and over again can easily kill him this way.

Do you think tatsuya is just going to stand there and let his opponent, whoever it is, dump him to an ocean? Lmao.

LPercepts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By LPercepts

@coolguy18 said:
@lpercepts said:
@coolguy18 said:

Do you think tatsuya is just going to stand there and let his opponent, whoever it is, dump him to an ocean? Lmao.

Any combatant who can teleport the opponent away should be able to accomplish it fairly easily. It's not really a matter of "letting" them do it or not. Nothing really is stopping any such opponent from simply teleporting Tatsuya to the inside of a volcano or the bottom of the ocean (or any persistently lethal environment he cannot extricate himself from) and leaving him to die from psion exhaustion due to being killed over and over again in said environment.

Anyone with a time machine and the ability to trap Tatsuya inside of it and remove him from the scene can also do the exact same thing but even better, since being a time machine, the ship will always arrive at the exact time and place necessary to stop Tatsuya from even being able to do anything to its owner. Any reality warper can do all of the above, but once again, even better. Tatsuya has no defenses against characters who can manipulate time and/or remotely control time machines that can capture and ensnare him and take him away to a time or place that is persistently lethal to him (and will kill him via psion exhaustion).

That aside, any FtL character who can hit hard enough can simply tag Tatsuya and strike him over and over again until he dies of psion exhaustion.

In any case, it is pretty disingenuous and rather pointless of you to ask such a question, as it can easily be turned around at Tatsuya, by saying do you think any capable opponent will simply stand there and let Tatsuya disintegrate them? The answer is probably the same as the answer to your question.

LPercepts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LPercepts

@mountacnologia said:

Tatsuya . There's a limit to the range of TGOALID , whereas Tatsuya can just nuke Ainz and his guild from afar . Also , for those saying Ainz is immune to instant death , Tatsuya's spell isn't instadeath , it's destroying the atoms of the body. If you claim Ainz is immune to that , it's as good as saying he's immortal. ANY attack other than TGOALID won't work , and that's not happening considering Tatsuya's reflexes and his material burst.

You can't use Material Burst on functionally complex objects, such as living things. Tatsuya's reflexes are pretty useless against anyone who can manipulate time and halt it. Furthermore, Ainz has some of the most ridiculous magical defenses around. Pretty sure it's comparable to Phalanx on steroids.

Just because someone is able to resist disintegration or erasure from reality doesn't make him immortal though. One example is the Doctor from Doctor Who. He can casually No Sell being disintegrated or erased from reality (and if the latter occurs, he can simply reconstitute himself). Oh, and his mere presence is also anti-magical as well. However, he's still vulnerable to a lot of things that would normally kill the average human. He can die, but he won't stay dead.

ReaperDewpider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ReaperDewpider

Ainz stomps. Tatsuya isn't getting past Time Stop.

LPercepts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ainz stomps. Tatsuya isn't getting past Time Stop.

Tatsuya has no defenses against temporal manipulation or being captured via the opponent's time machine (which due to its nature, will always arrive in the nick of time to rescue their owners from being harmed by Tatsuya, so his reflexes or attack speed is completely irrelevant).

Eigo-Kaiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Eigo-Kaiki

Onii-sama stomp. Tatsuya hard counter all kind of magic users. It doesn't damn matter how powerful your spell is, it's worthless against Elemental Sight + Gram Demolition/Dispersion combo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8c2337e0697
deactivated-5d8c2337e0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 undoubtedly goes to Tatsuya he can just decompose Ainz into small atoms like Molecule Man lol Ainz wouldn't know what happened to him.

Rounds 2 and 3 are a toss up , since Ainz knows about Shiba's abilities to manipulate atoms and matter , he will directly go for time stop which Shiba can't negate with his decomposition. But at the same time Shiba can decompose Ainz into atoms just like before. It's a matter of who strikes first , and I'm leaning towards Shiba since Ainz is a terrible fighter as compared to Shiba , who's been undergoing high quality training since childhood and has superhuman reflexes and speed.

LPercepts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Onii-sama stomp. Tatsuya hard counter all kind of magic users. It doesn't damn matter how powerful your spell is, it's worthless against Elemental Sight + Gram Demolition/Dispersion combo.

Round 1 undoubtedly goes to Tatsuya he can just decompose Ainz into small atoms like Molecule Man lol Ainz wouldn't know what happened to him.

Rounds 2 and 3 are a toss up , since Ainz knows about Shiba's abilities to manipulate atoms and matter , he will directly go for time stop which Shiba can't negate with his decomposition. But at the same time Shiba can decompose Ainz into atoms just like before. It's a matter of who strikes first , and I'm leaning towards Shiba since Ainz is a terrible fighter as compared to Shiba , who's been undergoing high quality training since childhood and has superhuman reflexes and speed.

Except that Ainz has immense magic defenses that'll likely stop Tatsuya's magic from even functioning. Plus, Ainz also has Time Stop, and Tatsuya has no defenses against any sort of temporal manipulation. Tatsuya also has no defenses against instant death spells, since they kill you on the spot. He needs to still be alive in some modicum of the sense to even use Regrowth to begin with. Since magic doesn't appear to be equalized, there's no evidence Tatsuya can even do anything to cancel out Ainz's spells, as Mahouka magic and Overlord magic are completely different things. Plus, there's always the old standby of simply inflicting lethal damage to Tatsuya over and over again until he dies of psion exhaustion.

Eigo-Kaiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lpercepts: Since magic doesn't appear to be equalized, there's no evidence Tatsuya can even do anything to cancel out Ainz's spells, as Mahouka magic and Overlord magic are completely different things

Except that Ainz has immense magic defenses that'll likely stop Tatsuya's magic from even functioning.

Make up your mind. Why does Ainz work why Tatsuya doesn't?

Ah wait, i remember you, you made Tatsuya vs Dr Who twice with a designed winner in mind then post a wall of text of why he would win before anyone even say anything.

Want me to crush your shitty verse with a God? Because right now i'm really tempting to make my first forum post.

LPercepts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eigo-kaiki: Pretty simple, really. Does Overlord magic have "magic sequences" or the like that Tasuya's magic is supposed to defend against? If not, it can't meaningfully be said if Tatsuya's magic does anything against Overlord magic. After all, that would be like saying women can get testicular cancer.

I made the thread, though hardly with any "designated winner" in mind. I just know how to play devil's advocate very well.

As for "shitty verse", it's hardly mine at all. I assume that's a construct of your imagination.

ReaperDewpider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lpercepts: Hmmm... Still say Ainz wins this easily.

Tyki_Mikk25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ainz stomp that fodder Onii sama...

Far better hax and instanc kill ability.

ReaperDewpider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ainz stomp that fodder Onii sama...

Far better hax and instanc kill ability.

Other people have highlighted this, but I'm pretty sure that any instant kill ability can bypass Regrowth handily and end Tatsuya on the spot, since Tatsuya would need to be actually, well, alive to use it. Couple that with time stop and I doubt Tatsuya even stands a chance.

SlowRkers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how no one mentions Gram Demolition, Gram Dispersion, Gate Keeper and Brinac Lance..... oh which these 4 attacks Tatsuya has that can counter and kill ainz aside from Mist Dispersion and Decomposition.

Maybe on 1 round Ainz has the advantage...

But 2nd and 3rd Tatsuya Wins hands down

Reasoning, since Tatsuya knows Ainzs and can prep he can easily destroy ainz's Magic even before he cast using Gram Dispersion, plus Gate Keeper literally puts a "Seal" on Ainz Magic. And no His anti magic does not only effects CAD cast Magic, as its shown in the parasite incident where he's able to neutralise non CAD magic users..

deadman102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slowrkers:

yes but there is a problem chief

I like how no one mentions Gram Demolition, Gram Dispersion, Gate Keeper and Brinac Lance..... oh which these 4 attacks Tatsuya has that can counter and kill ainz aside from Mist Dispersion and Decomposition.

from those that were mentioned only gram demolition has any chance to work but it depends on 2 factors

the first is can it go through this

• High Tier Magic Immunity III: Nullifies all low tier spells.( the spells in mahouka are equivalent to very weak ones in overlord) A rank spells are max tier 5 and ainz doesnt really care about them.

the second is this one

• Despair Aura V: Has a chance of causing Instant Death.(can tatsuya resist intant death spells when is stated that if he dies and his brains stops he cant cast regrowt aka instant death spells).... read chance of causing Instant death as guarantied(its a chance if you are superhuman lv 40-60 and above 60 the chance is abismal) because tatsuya is only a normal human.

Gram Dispersion is useless because there is no activation Sequence and Magic Sequences in ainz magic and his magic is instant

the only way to stop ainz from casting is to shoot his hands before he cast but that was a literal terminator with supercomputer for brain being overbuffed by magic so its safe to say that tatsuya cant do it

Gate Keeper unless he pulles a world class item that wont work why

Mind-affecting Immunity: thats why

Brinac Lance it fires non magical object over 9000 km/h but ainz is imune to nonmagic weapons or attacks below lv 60 so useless again

and all that is all uselless unless if he can defend against instant silent time stop which he cant unless you go full Deus ex Machina

SlowRkers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadman102: "Gram Dispersion is useless because there is no activation Sequence and Magic Sequences in ainz magic and his magic is instant

the only way to stop ainz from casting is to shoot his hands before he cast but that was a literal terminator with supercomputer for brain being overbuffed by magic so its safe to say that tatsuya cant do it"

You do realise Tatsuya is a walking Supercomputer with buffed Decomposition magic as his specialty. Though Ainz can instant cast his spells, but how instant is that instant? We saw in the 9 school competition, he literally decompose instant cast spells at a high rate he even calculated and predict where each spells is going to be cast even before the user use it. Seeing how fast ainz cast his spells I dont think he cast faster then Mayumi. Plus Magic in Overlord require users chant their names though its fast but by the time Ainz shout Reality Slash his magic would have been decomposed part way through. In terms of casting speed Mahouka has this in the bag

Plus you're just assuming Mahouka's spells are Low Tier spells and the users are "below level 60" both of which is debatable as it could go either way. Like how we underestimate Aqua, but she almost Mopped Ainz and his guardians or when we think Tanya is weak but then Ainz acknowledge she has powers stronger then 8th Tier, which means tanya is around 9th - 11th tier.

SlowRkers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadman102: "Gram Dispersion is useless because there is no activation Sequence and Magic Sequences in ainz magic and his magic is instant

the only way to stop ainz from casting is to shoot his hands before he cast but that was a literal terminator with supercomputer for brain being overbuffed by magic so its safe to say that tatsuya cant do it"

You do realise Tatsuya is a walking Supercomputer with buffed Decomposition magic as his specialty. Though Ainz can instant cast his spells, but how instant is that instant? We saw in the 9 school competition, he literally decompose instant cast spells at a high rate he even calculated and predict where each spells is going to be cast even before the user use it. Seeing how fast ainz cast his spells I dont think he cast faster then Mayumi. Plus Magic in Overlord require users chant their names though its fast but by the time Ainz shout Reality Slash his magic would have been decomposed part way through. In terms of casting speed Mahouka has this in the bag

Plus you're just assuming Mahouka's spells are Low Tier spells and the users are "below level 60" both of which is debatable as it could go either way. Like how we underestimate Aqua, but she almost Mopped Ainz and his guardians or when we think Tanya is weak but then Ainz acknowledge she has powers stronger then 8th Tier, which means tanya is around 9th - 11th tier.