• 114 results
DRDOOMSDAY390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By DRDOOMSDAY390

VS (( this sould be at least fair fight now this battle is at the wwe raw ring)) she-hulk powers& Abilities: Superhuman Strength Superhuman Durability Superhuman Stamina Regenerative Healing Factor Body SwitchProtection Spell (formerly)Strength level

75-100 tons at first but now he can enhance her physical strength to greater levels

(fairchild Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Strength Superhuman Durability Enhanced Stamina Enhanced Agility Superhuman Reflexes)

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Methos

I believe Fairchild is the stronger of the two...

while She Hulk may have the advantage when it comes to battle experience, Fairchild is also a certified genius and has been trained by none other than John Lynch under IO control... so she's damn good at fighting and is a lot smarter than She Hulk when it comes down to it...

my money's on Fairchild for this match

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Methos

Vance Astro says:

"She-Hulk."

why?

give reasons please

M

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

She-Hulk.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Methos says:

"Vance Astro says:
"She-Hulk."
why? give reasons please M"

Can you show me or tell me how Fairchild is stronger than She-Hulk?

She-Hulk is a far better fighter and if you want to talk about training...She-Hulk was trained by Captain America,S.H.I.E.L.D, and Gamora and she has alot more experience combat.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Methos

I've seen Fairchild bench a oil truck without any strain and have an entire sky scraper fall on her before she came out of the rubble unharmed...

i've seen She Hulk actually injured before and bleeding, i have never seen Fairchild bleed or injured in anyway

she is tough enough to stand up to a punch from a Kryptonian in the Superman / Gen13 miniseries, i have never seen She-Hulk hit by anything that powerful and stay standing, let alone keep fighting

M

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Methos says:

"I've seen Fairchild bench a oil truck without any strain and have an entire sky scraper fall on her before she came out of the rubble unharmed... i've seen She Hulk actually injured before and bleeding, i have **never** seen Fairchild bleed or injured in anyway she is tough enough to stand up to a punch from a Kryptonian in the Superman / Gen13 miniseries, i have never seen She-Hulk hit by anything that powerful and stay standing, let alone keep fighting M"

I'm pretty sure She-Hulk can do every feat you just mentioned.

And as far as Superman/Gen 13....They obviously have to put Gen13 on Superman's level otherwise it would be a waste of a comics.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Methos

so She Hulk can survive a sky scraper falling on her...

Marvel state that She-Hulk is a 70 to 100 ton class hero, so lets check that against a sky scraper...

For example, the weight of structural steel used in a sky scraper is generally reported to be 19,200,000 kg and the weight of concrete is said to be 9,600,000 kg per Tower. I have also seen the weight of aluminum cladding reported to be 1,000,000 kg, and the weight of wallboard quoted at 4,000,000 kg per Tower, giving a total weight of structural materials of 30,800,000 kg per Tower.

Now let’s add in reasonable “guesstimates” for plumbing fixtures (2,500,000, kg), air conditioning (2,500,000 kg), electrical and telecommunication wiring (2,500,000 kg) and we have an additional 7,500,000 kg of structural mass that civil engineers always include as part of the “dead load” of a building. Thus combining all these contributions, we arrive at a weight, or dead load, of 33,800,000 kg for one skrscraper.

Let’s convert that load data in to more familiar engineering units based on floor areas. Building codes usually express loads in pounds per square foot (psf) or kilograms per square meter (kg/m^2). For example, the specification for a high live-load capacity floor is typically about 150 psf or 750 kg/m^2.

From the dimensions of a a standard skyscraper we estimate the available floor area was about 320,000 square meters. Hence, the live load was 331,000,000 kg divided by 320,000 m^2 which is equal to 1034 kg/m^2 or 212 psf. I showed the live load example given in the previous paragraph that 212 psf represents a very high live loading. But let’s look at just how high this load is…..

so if we give it a conservative 110 floors, heres more math for you...

55 x 3,009,091 = 165,500,005 Kg

which actually works out at 162,886.18524065314 Tons (I'll call that 162,886 tons)

By the way, that is a very conservative estimate, ignoring office furniture, plumbing, electronics and other standard furniture.

Just for your information, lets compare that to a couple of well known sky scrapers

Empire State Building, NYC = 365,000,000 kg (359,235.38257801504 tons)

Woolworth Building, NYC = 223,000,000 kg (219,478.05565725302 tons)

John Hancock Tower, Chicago = 174,500,000 kg (171,744.0390681195 Tons)

So, just to round up... She Hulk, a class 75 to 100 ton hero, Vs a 162,886 ton Skyscraper...

hmmm, i seem to be missing the logic that states she can survive that...

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Methos

go for it, i have scans of Fairchild standing up to Kryptonian level strength, which i know is way above anything She-Hulk can bring to the fight

M

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Slinger

Methos says:

"go for it, i have scans of Fairchild standing up to Kryptonian level strength, which i know is way above anything She-Hulk can bring to the fightM"

EVIL!!!

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Methos

Slinger says:

"EVIL!!!"

yeah... and?

M

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Slinger

Methos says:

"Slinger says:
"EVIL!!!"

yeah... and?

M"

the balance is upset...

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Methos says:

"go for it, i have scans of Fairchild standing up to Kryptonian level strength, which i know is way above anything She-Hulk can bring to the fight M"

Is there anyone in Gen 13 comics...Superman level strenght?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Methos says:

"so She Hulk can survive a sky scraper falling on her... Marvel state that She-Hulk is a 70 to 100 ton class hero, so lets check that against a sky scraper... For example, the weight of structural steel used in a sky scraper is generally reported to be 19,200,000 kg and the weight of concrete is said to be 9,600,000 kg per Tower. I have also seen the weight of aluminum cladding reported to be 1,000,000 kg, and the weight of wallboard quoted at 4,000,000 kg per Tower, giving a total weight of structural materials of 30,800,000 kg per Tower. Now let’s add in reasonable “guesstimates” for plumbing fixtures (2,500,000, kg), air conditioning (2,500,000 kg), electrical and telecommunication wiring (2,500,000 kg) and we have an additional 7,500,000 kg of structural mass that civil engineers always include as part of the “dead load” of a building. Thus combining all these contributions, we arrive at a weight, or dead load, of 33,800,000 kg for one skrscraper. Let’s convert that load data in to more familiar engineering units based on floor areas. Building codes usually express loads in pounds per square foot (psf) or kilograms per square meter (kg/m^2). For example, the specification for a high live-load capacity floor is typically about 150 psf or 750 kg/m^2. From the dimensions of a a standard skyscraper we estimate the available floor area was about 320,000 square meters. Hence, the live load was 331,000,000 kg divided by 320,000 m^2 which is equal to 1034 kg/m^2 or 212 psf. I showed the live load example given in the previous paragraph that 212 psf represents a very high live loading. But let’s look at just how high this load is….. so if we give it a conservative 110 floors, heres more math for you... 55 x 3,009,091 = 165,500,005 Kg which actually works out at 162,886.18524065314 Tons (I'll call that 162,886 tons) By the way, that is a very conservative estimate, ignoring office furniture, plumbing, electronics and other standard furniture. Just for your information, lets compare that to a couple of well known sky scrapers Empire State Building, NYC = 365,000,000 kg (359,235.38257801504 tons) Woolworth Building, NYC = 223,000,000 kg (219,478.05565725302 tons) John Hancock Tower, Chicago = 174,500,000 kg (171,744.0390681195 Tons) So, just to round up... She Hulk, a **class 75 to 100 ton** hero, Vs a **162,886 ton** Skyscraper... hmmm, i seem to be missing the logic that states she can survive that... M"

Hold on..I think I have some scans.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Methos

Vance Astro says:

"Is there anyone in Gen 13 comics...Superman level strenght?"

Several... Gen 13 is in the Wildstorm Universe in which Superheroes start at Superman level strength and get higher...

you also have The Authority, Stormwatch and Majestic who have turned up in Gen13 as well as part of IO

M

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Methos says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Is there anyone in Gen 13 comics...Superman level strenght?"
Several... Gen 13 is in the Wildstorm Universe in which Superheroes start at Superman level strength and get higher... you also have The Authority, Stormwatch and Majestic who have turned up in Gen13 as well as part of IO M"

loses mind

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Satyrquaze

Methos says:

", i seem to be missing the logic that states she can survive that... M"

She can survive because she has Gamma radiation flooding her veins.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Methos

Satyrquaze says:

"She can survive because she has Gamma radiation flooding her veins."

I'll ignore the fact that any Gamma radiation levels above 0.042 NMPS is deadly to organic life...

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Methos

fair point about the entire skyscraper, but i seriously don't see She-Hulk winning this fight

M

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Methos says:

"fair point about the entire skyscraper, but i seriously don't see She-Hulk winning this fight M"

She did beat the Champion of the Universe=)

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Methos

Satyrquaze says:

"Science and comics rarely mix."

I do my best anyway :p

M

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Satyrquaze says:

"Methos says:
", i seem to be missing the logic that states she can survive that... M"
She can survive because she has Gamma radiation flooding her veins."

Not only that but when a Skyscraper falls on you, you don't get hit by the entire skyscraper....but I still have nothing for Superman level strength because She-Hulk has lost to Iron Man who isn't that strong.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Methos

Vance Astro says:

"She did beat the Champion of the Universe=)"

no comment on that storyline

M

DRDOOMSDAY390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DRDOOMSDAY390

(( aaww no scans? damn i wanted to see what fairchild is all about))

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Satyrquaze

Methos says:

"Satyrquaze says:
"She can survive because she has Gamma radiation flooding her veins."
I'll ignore the fact that any Gamma radiation levels above 0.042 NMPS is deadly to organic life... M"

Science and comics rarely mix.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Methos

DRDOOMSDAY-360 says:

"(( aaww no scans? damn i wanted to see what fairchild is all about))"

the problem with using Fairchild in fights is that not many people read Gen 13, but the people who do read it know what she's capable of and don't need to post scans...

i could hunt some down later if it's really needed, but everyone who knows the Wildstorm universe knows she's one of the heavy hitters in it already

M

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Satyrquaze

Methos says:

"Satyrquaze says:
"Science and comics rarely mix."
I do my best anyway :p M"

By the logic you apply to She-Hulk: Hulk is dead, the entire Flash line is dead, Peter Parker is probably has cancer, Superman died before he made it to Earth, Batman died of grievous injuries within a year of debuting, Captain America never made it out of the War or likely died when he took the Super-Soldier Serum and was bombarded with "Vita-Rays"...

DRDOOMSDAY390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DRDOOMSDAY390

Methos says:

"DRDOOMSDAY-360 says:
the problem with using Fairchild in fights is that not many people read Gen 13, but the people who do read it know what she's capable of and don't need to post scans... i could hunt some down later if it's really needed, but everyone who knows the Wildstorm universe knows she's one of the heavy hitters in it already M"

((ok))

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Methos

Satyrquaze says:

"By the logic you apply to She-Hulk: Hulk is dead, the entire Flash line is dead, Peter Parker is probably has cancer, Superman died before he made it to Earth, Batman died of grievous injuries within a year of debuting, Captain America never made it out of the War or likely died when he took the Super-Soldier Serum and was bombarded with "Vita-Rays"... "

Hulk / She Hulk = Dead

Flash = unknown due to extra dimensional interference

Peter Parker = unknown doe to infection of mutated genome

Superman = normal due to advanced alien technology in his birthing matrix

Batman = human physiology and intelligence, normal

Captain America = no clue what "vita rays" are or how they affect human biology

M

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Methos says:

"Vance Astro says:
"She did beat the Champion of the Universe=)"
no comment on that storyline M"

lmao.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Satyrquaze

Methos says:

"Hulk / She Hulk = Dead Flash = unknown due to extra dimensional interference Peter Parker = unknown doe to infection of mutated genome Superman = normal due to advanced alien technology in his birthing matrix Batman = human physiology and intelligence, normal Captain America = no clue what "vita rays" are or how they affect human biology M"

I really think that Batman would have jumped off a tower in Gotham and the grapple would miss its mark just once, then he'd fall to his death. All it would take is once.

Should toss together a thread to discuss what would happen to various Heroes/Villains if we applied real-world physics and such to them.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Methos

Satyrquaze says:

"Should toss together a thread to discuss what would happen to various Heroes/Villains if we applied real-world physics and such to them."

i think me and Buckshot have done it a few times, Zero Edge has applied real world physics to a few heroes in the past...

i normally try to blend all comic characters to real world physics as much as i can without breaking them

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Methos

Buckshot says:

"I've recently been boning up on my Wildstorm and it's fun. Team 7, Backlash, Gen 13, Dv8, Deathblow, etc, etc. I'll start making notes of particularly impressive feats as I read in case they're needed by those who haven't read."

I'm going to work on the Gen 13 pages when the update hits the site... they're in desperate need of an overhaul

M

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#34  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Methos says:

"DRDOOMSDAY-360 says:

the problem with using Fairchild in fights is that not many people read Gen 13, but the people who do read it know what she's capable of and don't need to post scans...

i could hunt some down later if it's really needed, but everyone who knows the Wildstorm universe knows she's one of the heavy hitters in it already

M"

I've recently been boning up on my Wildstorm and it's fun. Team 7, Backlash, Gen 13, Dv8, Deathblow, etc, etc. I'll start making notes of particularly impressive feats as I read in case they're needed by those who haven't read.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

The only Wildstorm my local comic store sells is Authority and Midnighter.I haven't seen any Gen 13.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Methos

Gen 13 is pretty much an underground comic...

it never had any highlights like The Authority, DV8, Stormwatch or Majestic had, which is a pity because it's a really enjoyable read

M

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Satyrquaze says:

"Should toss together a thread to discuss what would happen to various Heroes/Villains if we applied real-world physics and such to them."

I tossed around the idea of a character with the power to apply real-world physics to others within comics as well as turn on and off the PIS, CIS and jobber auras of other characters.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Methos says:

"Buckshot says:
"I've recently been boning up on my Wildstorm and it's fun. Team 7, Backlash, Gen 13, Dv8, Deathblow, etc, etc. I'll start making notes of particularly impressive feats as I read in case they're needed by those who haven't read."

I'm going to work on the Gen 13 pages when the update hits the site... they're in desperate need of an overhaul

M"

Good idea. Part of the point of my reading was so I could hit up some of those characters and maybe even start on a history of the WSU on the universe's page. With World's End around the corner a lot of characters are going to be back in circulation and I didn't want their pages to be just new stuff when they all have years of history.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Methos

ok, maybe Underground isn't the right word for it, what i mean is that it never had any spotlight issues or anything that brought it into the mainstream

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Methos

Buckshot says:

"Good idea. Part of the point of my reading was so I could hit up some of those characters and maybe even start on a history of the WSU on the universe's page. With World's End around the corner a lot of characters are going to be back in circulation and I didn't want their pages to be just new stuff when they all have years of history. "

yeah... Fairchild, Roxy and Burnout i definitely have plans for...

i don't know much about Grunge or Rainmaker though...

and for some reason i can picture you having a lot of knowledge about John Lynch lol

M

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Methos says:

"ok, maybe Underground isn't the right word for it, what i mean is that it never had any spotlight issues or anything that brought it into the mainstream M"

Oh Ok.I haven't seen it in a comic shop though since I was in Canada.It's almost as hard to find as Street Fighter.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Methos says:

"Gen 13 is pretty much an underground comic... it never had any highlights like The Authority, DV8, Stormwatch or Majestic had, which is a pity because it's a really enjoyable read M"

Gen 13 didn't used to be underground.I used to read it alot when I was younger but I stopped reading comics.I only started reading comics again about 3-4 years ago.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#43  Edited By Static Shock

Vance Astro says:

"Oh Ok.I haven't seen it in a comic shop though since I was in Canada.It's almost as hard to find as Street Fighter."

One word

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Methos

take this conversation to PM please

no piracy chat on open forums

M

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Methos says:

"take this conversation to PM please no piracy chat on open forums M"

Sorry.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Static Shock

Methos says:

"take this conversation to PM pleaseno piracy chat on open forumsM"

Sh!t. I forgot. Sorry, Meth...

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#47  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

I really need to start reading Wildstorm stuff. I don't know why I never really got into it. I guess I need a good book to introduce myself to that universe.

If you want a good book on superhero physics, I recommend The Physics of Superheroes by James Kakalios. I've mentioned it before, as have other people. It gives examples of where the physics work, like how Flash can run through walls and when it doesn't like a fight between Spidey and Electro where the science genius would actually have electrocuted himself. He also keeps the math pretty simple through out.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By King_Saturn

I think Fairchild would win here. But She Hulk wouldnt go out easy. Fairchild is a beast in the Gen13 series.

mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By mimic12

Fairchild's stranth, dextreity, agility and stamina is the same as Supergirls so Fairchild for the win... plus I was always a sucker for a red head.

The 502 Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By The 502 Kid

Fairchild win this fight