Beata

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Cor_Tsar

By feats mihawk, by hype... Hm. Yonkou on a whole are stronger than the 7 lords. Mihawk should be admiral level seeing as fuji is a swordsman and mihawk should be stronger. Plus mihawk stopped sparring with shanks due to lost arm. Idk, shanks gets hyped a lot. But i guess mihawk wins

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Vertigo-

current versions of each?

Mihawk should take this via hype

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shanks via hype

Mihawk via feats

Aimless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're probably even

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shanks is a swordsman and we already know for a fact that Mihawk is the world's number 1 swordsman. However, that's in the modern era. Back in the day the two very well could have been even rivals, but then Shanks went and lost an arm and Mihawk even stated outright that's the reason he won't spar with Shanks anymore. Over 10 years is definitely enough time for most of the world to forget Mihawk's former rival and declare Mihawk the undisputed world's greatest swordsman, so I'm going with Mihawk winning currently, but the two being even back before Shanks lost his arm. I believe it was stated that Shanks didn't lose a bit of strength after losing his arm, so I can easily see him still being a match with Mihawk in terms of sheer strength/speed/durability etc, which would also mean that Shanks can still overpower most people in the world with relative ease and would account for his Yonko status (in addition to the power of his crew plus his reputation), but the sheer fact that Mihawk has an extra limb to work with gives him the clear advantage.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d17bdd0bd36
deactivated-57d17bdd0bd36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaycool2 said:

Shanks via hype

Mihawk via feats

USSJ3071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yonkou on a whole are stronger than the 7 lords.

that means nothing.

neither group has a cap on their power. a shichibukai could easily be stronger than all 4 emperors. all he needs is a reason to team up with the gorosei

thohell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just because a person carriers a sword doesn't mean they are strictly a swordsmen and that's that. It may just be one of their skills.

Just because a MMA fighter can throw a punch and a kick doesn't mean he's a boxer or kick boxers and vise versa. Everyone seems to argue over this topic with the simple logic if someone has this they are this.

Mihawk is the strongest swords, that's the end of it. Does that make him the strongest person or the best fighter? No. Just because someone is the world's # boxer doesn't make them the # 1 fighter and can be the best at MMA, kick boxing, etc. In an all out fight, anything goes. You're not going to stick to one thing because that's what your opponent is known for. There have been numerous times in history where a fighter who ranks highly in one type of area attempting to cross over to another to be completely destroyed by a low ranking fighter in the other.

Lots have been revealed about Mihawk but we know very little about Shank. He is shrouded in lots of mystery.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was implied if not flat out stated that Shanks already beat Mihawk

USSJ3071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just because a person carriers a sword doesn't mean they are strictly a swordsmen and that's that. It may just be one of their skills.

so why cant it just be one of mihawks skills then? i dont get your logic that shanks cant be swordsman because of an implausible theory he might have other shit, with no proof he actually does have other shit. so this is pure hypocrisy because the only thing stopping shanks being called a swordsman is the fact he hasnt outright been called one yet. despite endless hints he is in fact a duelist and it is in fact his primary weapon. a swordsman is defined as a warrior who's PRIMARY WEAPON is a type of blade or sword. not their only weapon or only technique. zoro has other things besides a sword. why can't shanks?

Mihawk is the strongest swords, that's the end of it. Does that make him the strongest person or the best fighter? No.

when did i ever say mihawks the strongest man? brainless twit.. but all i know is what oda showed me and told me. he told me mihawk is strongest swordsman and shanks is a swordsman. denying he is one is pure lunacy until we're shown otherwise and he busts out a hammer or a spear or a physical martial art.

In an all out fight, anything goes.

when did i ever suggest otherwise. but mihawk's an honorable dude and thus stuck to that style.

Lots have been revealed about Mihawk but we know very little about Shank. He is shrouded in lots of mystery.

you say shanks is shrouded in mystery. SO IS MIHAWK. he has used his saber sparingly in combat? SO HAS MIHAWK. Hell they were bitter rivals in the past and their duel (yes they called it a duel) shook the grand line.

which is madness and pure lies. mihawk refuses to fight shanks because he lost an arm and is thus not worth his precious time. mihawk is worlds strongest swordsman, not shanks. shanks duelled him in the past when he had two arms and it was such a famous battle that whitebeard still remembers it. that means shanks was famous just for fighting the guy. mihawk's personality also gives us a good clue as to who has defeated him. hint: its goddamn no one. hes so lonely for being so strong hes actively training someone to defeat him and take this mantle off his hands!

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When?

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By seastone98

in terms of skills mihawk in terms of haki shanks interms of feats mihawk in terms of hype shanks

omriamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard said:

When?

When Mihawk came to talk to Shanks about Luffy, Shanks thought that Mihawk was coming to see him for a rematch, and Mihawk responded that there wasn't a point now that he had lost his arm. When he said that, he also referred to it as "challenging" a man with one arm. Which implies that Shanks is above him in some way

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: I don't think so. I think it's the opposite. They used to be rivals, now Mihawk doesn't even deem him worth fighting.

franky666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By franky666

@decaf_wizard said:
@nickzambuto said:
@decaf_wizard said:

When?

When Mihawk came to talk to Shanks about Luffy, Shanks thought that Mihawk was coming to see him for a rematch, and Mihawk responded that there wasn't a point now that he had lost his arm. When he said that, he also referred to it as "challenging" a man with one arm. Which implies that Shanks is above him in some way

I think this go for interpretation.

IMO Mihawk is yes the strongest swordsman in the world, but that is limited to swords skill.

Let me explain: we have some examples of purely swordsman like Zoro and Vista and more that base their attacks and defense solely on their swords, probably because they have no DF or other powerful skills.

For example what if in Marineford Whitebeard carried a sword and challenged Mihawk in an all out battle? I think Whitebeard would have kicked his ass anyway! That's because he as a lot more powers, a strong DF and a stronger Haki.

That's just for saying that we don't know Shanks' powers yet... he can be a purely swordsman so by definition would be inferior to Mihawk, or he has other powers and skills that make him overall more powerful.

oogienj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By oogienj

The only thing I can think of that could possibly quantify Shanks' strength, besides that one encounter with Whitebeard, is the reaction he got at Navy HQ when he came to settle the war. Everyone backed off. But that's circumstantial and there are no other consistent appearances to truly match him with Mihawk who has had several interactions. Therefore, it isn't fair or possible to say who'd win with such a lack of information.

Avatar image for captain_inverse
captain_inverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By captain_inverse

@oogienj said:

The only thing I can think of that could possibly quantify Shanks' strength, besides that one encounter with Whitebeard, is the reaction he got at Navy HQ when he came to settle the war. Everyone backed off. But that's circumstantial and there are no other consistent appearances to truly match him with Mihawk who has had several interactions. Therefore, it isn't fair or possible to say who'd win with such a lack of information.

Didn't Shanks vary presence cause almost everyone(maybe it was everyone) on whitbeards ship to pass out from his haki when he visited him?

while his combat feats are nearly nonexistent it's fairly clear everyone acknowledges him as someone to not take lightly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: I don't think so. I think it's the opposite. They used to be rivals, now Mihawk doesn't even deem him worth fighting.

I think its implied its the opposite. Shanks beat Mihawk, but then he lost his arm. Mihawk doesn't consider beating a cripple worth his time

oogienj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By oogienj

@captain_inverse:

Yes I agree with you. That's why I said besides the time with Whitebeard. I didn't mean to sound like I was neglecting it- I meant it as to acknowledge it but focus more so on the war because Whitebeard's crew, as well as the whole Navy, plus Blackbeard and his crew were all stepping back at that event. The time when Shanks was on Whitebeard's ship was notably awesome, but I wanted to focus on the most impact I've seen Shanks have yet thus far and that was his prescence at Marinefold. That's all.

USSJ3071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

in terms of skills mihawk in terms of haki shanks interms of feats mihawk in terms of hype shanks

wrong mihawk wins in everything. we cant possibly compare haki so it must be crossed off. hype? well shanks is a swordsman and mihawk not only rivalled him but is strongest swordsman on the planet

I think its implied its the opposite. Shanks beat Mihawk, but then he lost his arm. Mihawk doesn't consider beating a cripple worth his time

then shanks would be strongest swordsman. but he isnt. mihawk would not be so chummy with him if shanks kicked his ass. its more like his honor demands he fight people at their best much like goku does. even though oda says shanks is not the least bit weaker with one arm.

For example what if in Marineford Whitebeard carried a sword and challenged Mihawk in an all out battle? I think Whitebeard would have kicked his ass anyway!

that would not count. when people say "swordsman" they usually mean "uses a sword as their primary weapon" and everything so far points to that sword being shanks primary friggin weapon. hes never done anything else, or used anything else.

and proably never will. who in one piece has been introduced using a sword and then randomly drops it fo something else later? no one thats who. open your eyes to what we all know oda is telling us

e Zoro and Vista and more that base their attacks and defense solely on their swords, probably because they have no DF or other powerful skills.

what a ridiculous claim. so zoro has no other powerful skills? mihawk taught him otherwise. hachi had no other skills? wrong, he was a fishman. what about monigumo? he has a devil fruit. swordsmen can obviously have other shit.

When he said that, he also referred to it as "challenging" a man with one arm. Which implies that Shanks is above him in some way

that proves nothing and is you grasping at straws due to awkward wording. unless your an expert in japanese

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Shanks.

In character, this isn't the sort of fight that will get anywhere though.

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Itachus17

What the the hell, how is that even a debate?

To think that a Shichibukai could be stronger than a Yonko is complete madness, even a Admiral would make absolutely zero sense. Oda told us Yonkos vs Admiral + Shichibukai as balance for the world, and to say Shanks counts as swordsman is like to say Law counts as one.

And i trust Oda enough(to dont destroy any logic in One Piece) to say: Shanks absolutely wins this.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaycool2 said:

Shanks via hype

Mihawk via feats

this.

franky666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ussj3071: Yeah lol, everyone who carries a sword is a swordman and thus inferior to Mihawk... lol again.

We haven't seen nothing that qualify Shanks; we have no feats for him or which powers he posses.

I can just tell you that Mihawk would faint as soon as Shanks uses his Haki because Yonkos>>>>Shichibukai

Avatar image for themultiversity
TheMultiversity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shanks.

USSJ3071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By USSJ3071

I can just tell you that Mihawk would faint as soon as Shanks uses his Haki because Yonkos>>>>Shichibukai

To think that a Shichibukai could be stronger than a Yonko is complete madness, even a Admiral would make absolutely zero sense. Oda told us Yonkos vs Admiral + Shichibukai as balance for the worl

except just a few years ago they duelled as equals. but you both just closed your eyes and went NOPE because of some absurd rule you made up about warlords having a set specific power level?

do you know what they are? they are LITERALLY just pirates who said "to hell with being hunted all my life" and became privateers for the world nobles/fleet admiral. thats it. that is literally it. at no point does it say "oh and they must all also be on a lower tier than an emperor/admiral". same with the admirals for that matter. its all down to the person. no rule says an admiral cant be the strongest guy on the planet. hell kizaru might be, if he ever gave a shit!

oda said that the balance exists in terms of all FOUR emperors, AND all the resources below them. first mates, division commanders, all of it. schibukai have nowhere near those resources and dont want them. you think mihawk couldnt have become an emperor if he wanted to? carve out his own little empire/army? of course he could have. but he was more interested in fighting an emperor in honorable combat, than hijacking his spot in the balance of the world.

to say that mihawk is automatically weaker than an emperor because hes not one, is to say you know nothing about the guy and how he composes himself/his philosophy of the world.

oda also said mihawk is by defnition stronger than shanks since shanks is a swords user and mihawks the most powerful sword user on earth. got it? good.

i mean how do you think he got a ephitet like that? WB got his title because he equalled roger in a fight and roger died. i suspect something similar happned in the "duel that shook the grand line" between shanks and dracule.

omriamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

all out fight Shanks wins

pure sword fight Mihawk wins

USSJ3071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

all out fight Shanks wins

pure sword fight Mihawk wins

maks no sense as both would be the same thing and the same fight

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9
deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UM what the heck?

BY FEATS: SHANKS

BY HYPE: SHANKS

Let's dispel a few things.

Shanks and Mihawk dueled. Yes. They were even. Yes. But that was at the time when shanks and buggy were in the same boat. When the roster and the status quo of the world was different. Does this count? absolutely, but not everyone has the same potential.

Crocodile remained a relatively weak character for that same time period. He didn't grow in strength.

Shanks potential landed him a role as a Yonko.

By Hype. Shanks wins by margins.

By feats. Shanks wins by margins.

Mihawk doesn't even have the best sword slash in One piece. His feats despite being introduced so early on, doesn't even land him anywhere near the top 5 sword slashes.

He didn't even gain any advantage against WB's commander. Yonkos dominate even admirals.

By feats, Shanks stopped Kaido. Went toe to to with whitebeard.

In the 20 years of One piece, what has Mihawk done? Slashed a ship? slashed an ice berg? held back by jozu, couldn't even beat a sword fight commander in a sword fight. Wow. FEATS

USSJ3071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By USSJ3071

They were even.

you just made that up. we don't know who won but given mihawk came out of it with a title like this, i think we can safely assume who did.

But that was at the time when shanks and buggy were in the same boat. When the roster and the status quo of the world was different.

you just made that up. the duel was probably considered the greatest battle of all time. it "shook the grand line" and is "still ringing in (whitebeard's) ears". when shanks came back with no arm, mihawk said "lol go away. aint fighting no cripple, mate"

Mihawk doesn't even have the best sword slash in One piece.

its literally called "world's strongest slash". as far as hype goes. this is INSANELY good given the amount of strong mofos who slash things. everything about mihawk suggests that he is the kind of guy who can cut through just about everyone like butter. the only person in the world explicitly made absolutely clear as stronger than mihawk is, is kaido.

In the 20 years of One piece, what has Mihawk done?

duelled and presumably defeated an emperor. gained a title that states hes stronger than an emperor, an admiral and a WB division commander. has world's strongest blade based attack on the planet. also irrelevant because oda even said this series is only halfway done and we have yet to see much of anything from heaps of suposedly top tier dudes. how about you just goddamn wait?

i mean do you think oda's just hyping mihawk for shits and giggles? hes got two titles next to him that suggest he's easily one of the most powerful men on the planet and the end goal of zoro. do you really think he would shit on zoro's character by having him finally defeat mihawk only to be told "SORRY mihawk wasn't that good after all. actually its this other red haired guy and that admiral who are way stronger. lol you wasted half your life chasing after the wrong guy". NO. oda would not do this. mihawk is the final opponent for the second strongest strawhat and his final strength showings will reflect that. oda's too good of a writer not to have EOS zoro and EOS mihawk's final fight be the stuff of absolute legends, and blow the shanks mihawk fight completely out of the water.

omriamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shanks

IKnowSantoryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By IKnowSantoryu

still shanks blocked one of wb's two-handed move with one hand and it split the sky so shanks.

Jko1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kaido was only stated to be the strongest "creature" in the world and creature does not mean human. It's hard to say exactly who would win since Shanks abilities are still unknon but he still has better showings so I'd go with him for now.

Scotty2Hotty01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bosty:

No, this debate is not over...why do people who think Mihawk is stronger bring half facts ? I've read that databook in english and I agree..but ...

1. Mihawk is the WSS (even without the databook we knew this since like the 90's

Mihawk is still not a stronger pirate though, Chapter 432 deunks this ...Garp himself states

"THe Shibukai, and Admirals balance the power of the Yonkou, if this balance is shifted, the world will be in Chaos" (I don't have the offical viz on hand, but give or take)

2. Everyone does not care about titles ...we have proof that Mihawk has not "MET" every swordsman, with this said, if he's waiting for a challenege someone can have a better skill than him (Possibly) Also, when it comes to titles, Garp is a Vice Admiral, but I could swear Oda stated he was the strongest Marine at that war ...but i'm just saying that Mihawk holdin g a title does not mean he can beat every swordsman ..he just met Vista at the war ....

3. Swordsmanship is one aspect, what about Haki ? the databook stated Shanks was a Haki master, meaning he can have better Obsevation and Arnament than Mihawk ..

being strong with a sword is one aspect ..

Mihawk looks for a "Swordmaster" stronger than Shanks ...I believe the whole point of this is swordsmanship bro ...Mihawk is the strognest swordsman, but ...he's not over Shanks in overall power ...

Bro, do you think if Luffy decided to be a swordsman tommorow, he'dbe a better swordsman than T-bone ? Kaku ? Cabaji or Brook ? Hell No, becasue being a swordsman is not solely about power, but skill ...

Remember Mihawk vs Vista ? this was a fight of swordsmanship ...pure swordsmanship

Shanks > MIhawk

But, if you wanna believe Mihawk > Shanks ..that's cool ...Oda will show you ther Mihawk is someone's commander soon ...trust me, you guys are gonna be disappointed ..don't blame ODA

GR15AJKE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is late af, but i couldnt help but say these things.

Conquerors Haki only knocks out people if they are significantly weaker and have a weak will. This is why Luffy only knocked out 50k in fishmen island with haki. Conquerors haki means nothing to Mihawk. Not only that, but Mihawk most likely has trained his arnament haki way more then Shanks, as that is the haki that is most useful to him. Mihawk is also shown practicing swords in one of the SBS’s as a child, potentially validating this point.

You guys saying Yonko is superior to warlords, know this. All of the warlords have crews except for Whitebeard jr, Kuma, and Mihawk. Kuma is a revolutionary. Whitebeard jr might have a crew, but probably dosent. Mihawk is shown to not live with anyone when Zoro goes flying. Shanks is yonko because of his skill to gather a powerful crew and leadership. Mihawk dosent have a crew, and probably never will. This is why shanks seems more powerful.

“We know almost nothing about Shanks, and know a lot about Mihawk”

You know what about Mihawk? He can send flying slashes with ease. He can fight Vista with relative ease. He can slash giant ships with ease. You never seen him sweat, never seen him panic, never seen his extent. What do you know about Mihawk that proves he can only go so high. After the timeskip, Zoro can do a tornado slashing attack. Where was that prior to the Timeskip. Nowhere. This shows that Mihawk potentially has a far, far wider arsenal of attacks. He pretty much only ever uses one hand. What can he do with his second? We dont know.

He does want someone to rival him. He’s bored. We can see that he’s bored the first time we see him. He tells Don Krieg he chased him from the grand line because he was bored.

Random Points.

He has the worlds strongest slash. But no one has ever really seen it. We havnt seen the true extent. He starts with no stance, and dosent swing his sword anyway special. He dosent build up power, dosent use haki, dosent use two hands. Just a plain and simple swing.

But who knows. Maybe im wrong. Maybe the only reason Mihawk wont fight Shanks now is pride. But I doubt pride is before boredom.

Charingan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it will be Shanks once we truly understand the nature of God Tier Haki techniques. I'm almost certain Shank's thing will be all three colors of Haki being near maxed, including future sight and the technique Luffy is learning now.