Settra the Imperishable Vs. Sigvald the Magnificent

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

A Tomb King force led by Settra against a Slaanesh force led by Sigvald. Can the Tomb Kings repel the invaders?

Settra's Force

• 2 Necrotects
  • 2 Lich Priests
  • 2 Tomb Princes
  • 3 Hierotitans
  • 4 War-Sphinxes
  • 10 Caskets of Souls
  • 20 Skeleton Chariots
  • 50 Necropolis Knights
  • 100 Nehekhara Horsemen
  • 300 Skeleton Horsemen
  • 300 Tomb Guard
  • 500 Nehekhara Warriors
  • 1,000 Skeletons

Sigvald's Force

• 2 Chaos Chosen of Slaanesh
  • 2 Slaanesh Sorcerers
  • 2 Allureses
  • 3 Keepers of Secrets
  • 4 Fiends of Slaanesh
  • 10 Hellflayers
  • 20 Seeker Chariots
  • 50 Heartseekers
  • 100 Seekers
  • 300 Hellstriders
  • 300 Slaanesh Chaos Warriors
  • 500 Daemonettes
  • 1,000 Marauders of Slaanesh
No Caption Provided

Vs.

No Caption Provided

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The title nearly made me say Settra stomps without reading the rest xD. But yeah in the terms of the two champions TK start with a huge advantage, as Settra is a big-leaguer, someone who can contend with the high tiers and even win some duels there. Sigvald is stuck around Krell, who while extremely strong, is nowhere near Settra's level. (for context, remember that even Arkhan gets absolutely stomped by Settra, and that even Nagash was afraid to face him pre-Godhood).

Chosen are out of their league against Tomb Princes. Although I would favour Chaos champions against tomb princes (although it would still be a struggle), Tomb Princes are more powerful and skilled on average, and even if a chosen happens to kill one of them, the death curse of the princes would make sure the chosen (and any warrior unlucky enough to be too close) die as well.

Lich priests are on average on a much higher level than alluresses and sorcerers, as average liche priests are already on the level of high-tier necromancers, whereas the average of alluresses and sorcerers is somewhat above average imperial mages (at best). The fact that its 2v4 in terms of magic might give team Slaanesh the advantage, but that would still be an incredibly tough fight, and don't forget that Settra is a mage too. (and that the casket of skulls and hierotitans both give magical amps to liche priests passively).

If the Keeper of secrets got into a melee only engagement against the hierotitans i would favour them, as the titans are fairly slow. However hierotitans have spells specifically designed to stomp daemons, and can both rip their souls and purify their bodies (+ lazer eyes). Meanwhile keeper of secrets can't affect the hierotitans with their favoured spells (seduction) and their stone forms are fairly durable against slaaneshi daemons and magic. Hierotitans also offer better support overall.

Feel like the easiest point of comparison between warsphinxes and fiends is the fact that fiends come in units of 3 (even more in total war) and still are cheaper than warsphinxes which come in units of 1 xD. Warsphinxes are incredibly powerful monsters with archers ontop and that are made of stone, fiends are monsters with no armour or durability which basically act like cavalry to flank enemies rather than compete with a huge stone contruct while being peppered by arrows. While the fiends could decide "we're not fighting the huge statue" and go for supporting other units instead, they still don't come near competing with their damage output even then. Their venom is also useless for the most part in this matchup as their enemies are skeletons and statues.

Also worth noting necrotects heal the hierotitans and warsphinxes all the time during the battle.

In a straight fight between hellflayers and casket of skulls it all depends on if the caskets would hit the flayers or not. Though even if the hellflayers did destroy the caskets, the released souls would consume the hellflayers. But neither would fight the other. hellflayers are anti-infantry, and the caskets are artillery. I would say either can rack up as many infantry kills, though caskets are a bit more useful as it counters keepers and other units as well , and amp liches.

Skeleton chariots vs seeker chariots trade pros and cons. Speed and stronger mounts go to slaanesh, but the skeleton chariots have better infantry on them. It could probably go either way, if not for the fact that Settra is the one leading the skeleton chariots, and with his will commanding them they will stomp the seekers.

Necropolis knights stomp heartseekers. their riders are elite warriors and their mounts can barely even be damaged by the seekers. While heartseekers have speed, the necropolis knights can burrow and ambush, meaning they can counter the heartseekers and other chariots/cav hard.

Seekers have speed and better mounts, however nehekhara horsemen are much more skilled (and settra amps them), so in direct conflict the nehekharans win.

Hellstriders vs Skeleton horsemen goes either way, maybe slight advantage to the skeletons since whips aren't that good against them.

Tomb guards and chaos warriors are probably similarily skilled, but chaos warriors have gear advantage, so they likely win. But worth noting is that Settra passively amps the skills of every soldier of his on the battlefield, meaning they could punch above their weight.

Nehekhara warriors vs daemonettes go either way, maybe slight edge to daemonettes as they're daemons. Then again settra might again change the edge

Marauders > skeletons usually, but with settra amp the skeletons win or at least stalemate.

Overall the Tomb Kings army is better outfitted and overall stronger than the Slaaneshi, and Settra is too much of an asset as a caster, general, and because he's >> sigvald, as a warrior as well. Cool matchup though!

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheth: Thanks!

Yeah, I was going to just do Settra Vs. Sigvald by themselves, but I decided to make it more interesting by giving them armies, especially since I figured Settra would beat Sigvald 1v1.

Although, is Settra being above Arkhan really applicable to him beating Sigvald? Arkhan is a sorcerer, not a melee fighter. Though, Nagash is both, and if he fears Settra, that's still a good endorsement for the Tomb King.

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheth: Thanks!

Yeah, I was going to just do Settra Vs. Sigvald by themselves, but I decided to make it more interesting by giving them armies, especially since I figured Settra would beat Sigvald 1v1.

Although, is Settra being above Arkhan really applicable to him beating Sigvald? Arkhan is a sorcerer, not a melee fighter. Though, Nagash is both, and if he fears Settra, that's still a good endorsement for the Tomb King.

Note that while Arkhan is a caster mainly, he's also pretty strong in melee, stonewalling Throgg the Troll King, stomping blood knights, stalemating mega-amped Mannfred, etc. But yeah Sigvald is > Arkhan in melee, but the more important aspect is that Settra is far greater than any of Nagash's dark lords (he's a Nagash tier threat in the first place), which includes mega-scaling above Krell, who is comparable if not a bit superior to Sigvald (i still hold the view that Sigvald only won due to certain situational conditions and that conventionally Krell wins)

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheth: Fair enough. Good analysis as usual :)

One question though:

@cheth said:

Chosen are out of their league against Tomb Princes. Although I would favour Chaos champions against tomb princes (although it would still be a struggle), Tomb Princes are more powerful and skilled on average, and even if a chosen happens to kill one of them, the death curse of the princes would make sure the chosen (and any warrior unlucky enough to be too close) die as well.

Perhaps I'm misreading, but there seems to be a contradiction here. If you would favor Chaos Champions against Tomb Princes, how can they also be out of their league against them? You also say Tomb Princes are more powerful and skilled, but in that case, why favor the Chaos Champions? Again, it seems like there's some self-contradiction here, unless I am missing something.

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheth: Fair enough. Good analysis as usual :)

One question though:

@cheth said:

Perhaps I'm misreading, but there seems to be a contradiction here. If you would favor Chaos Champions against Tomb Princes, how can they also be out of their league against them? You also say Tomb Princes are more powerful and skilled, but in that case, why favor the Chaos Champions? Again, it seems like there's some self-contradiction here, unless I am missing something.

Chaos champions =/= chosen. Chosen are the middle step between warriors and champions. My ranking is basically Champions >= Tomb Princes > Chosen.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So it would be accurate to say that the progression is a bit similar to that of a Bretonnian Knight. Starting as a warrior then becoming a Chosen and finally a Champion reminds me of starting as a Knight Errant, becoming a Questing Knight and finally a Grail Knight

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So it would be accurate to say that the progression is a bit similar to that of a Bretonnian Knight. Starting as a warrior then becoming a Chosen and finally a Champion reminds me of starting as a Knight Errant, becoming a Questing Knight and finally a Grail Knight

yeah its basically:

Whatever you were before > warrior > chosen > champion > exalted champion > chaos lord

Spider-Simp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Settra does not serve, he rules.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ahzek_ahriman: Since I now know you're also knowledgeable on WHF, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Ahzek_Ahriman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3 Keeper of Secrets??? Jesus christ

Take away the knee jerk stupid amount of Daemons and Settra might be able to actually win due to being an all-together better commander

Also, I'll say this again. Grave Guard. Are Not. That. Good. Chosen Chaos Warriors would eat through them like popcorn. They are better than standard skeletons, but thats not really a high bar. They are basically standard Empire Infantry or maybe a tad better

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers