• 121 results
Avatar image for sixpathsofcapra
SixPathsOfCapra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Sephiroth (FFVII) Vs Blast (OPM) (60 votes)

Sephiroth 48%
Blast 40%
Stalemate/Ends in sex 12%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

-Random encounter

Who wins?

• 
reaperace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By reaperace  Moderator

Blast having a vote genuinely scares me....

Prime10000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sephiroth stomps

Avatar image for brogokudestroys
BroGokudestroys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Blast is omniversal++++ so sephiroth wins being solar system level

thenamelessone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for mcu-defender333
MCU-Defender333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaperace: that's how I felt about Sephiroth.

Unless this is Safer Seph, there is absolutely zero discussion to be had. Planet level, FTL character with spatial hax vs base FFVII Sephiroth? Nah.

Inb4 misconstrued game mechanic/outlier statement arguments. Base Sephiroth and Cloud have never been on Blast's level by portrayal or feats.

tagsorwhatever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcu-defender333:

that's how I felt about Sephiroth.

Then your knowledge on Final Fantasy leaves much to be desired.

Unless this is Safer Seph, there is absolutely zero discussion to be had. Planet level, FTL character with spatial hax vs base FFVII Sephiroth? Nah.

base Final Fantasy VII Sephiroth would solo One Punch Man , HST and probably pre Super Dragonball combined lmao.

Inb4 misconstrued game mechanic/outlier statement arguments.

Game mechanics that get mentioned by Lore aka guidebooks all the time? outliers that are so much in amount they are consistent with each other? lol

Base Sephiroth and Cloud have never been on Blast's level by portrayal or feats.

Knight of the rounds stomp the verse , CAV me if you can.

EstrellaDeLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funny how on screen feats are dismissed as "game mechanics". Probably a copium mechanism.

OT: Add Saitama, God and Garou, and Sephiroth still oneshots

Paxa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol,Sephi murderstomps

With NT its even more worse

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Super Nova is a bullshit move. Its not real and the FF characters are not star busters. Get real.

Blast wins he is far faster and stronger.

Thats from a FF7 lover and OPM hater. Sheeesh.

HunterCuistot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yawn, another lore vs feats thread. Video game characters are such a bore to scale.

Ningenoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sephiroth's supernova isn't even 1% of a real supernova lol. And Blast blitzes

thenamelessone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yawn, another lore vs feats thread. Video game characters are such a bore to scale.

not really lore as FFVII has direct feats above the entire one punch man franchise

Sephiroth's supernova isn't even 1% of a real supernova lol. And Blast blitzes

You can add up thousands of real life hypernovas and it wouldn't stack upto Sephiroth's supernova , in the slightest.

MCU-Defender333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tagsorwhatever: the same Sephiroth who clashed (that is, did not insta stomp) with people who were harmed by bullets and fight with Shinra footsoldiers?

I sense massive highballing incoming. And no, I won't CAV because that is too much effort for something that should be obvious.

@huntercuistot: indeed.

BestSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super Nova is a bullshit move. Its not real and the FF characters are not star busters. Get real.

Blast wins he is far faster and stronger.

Thats from a FF7 lover and OPM hater. Sheeesh.

Fun fact FF7 remake doesn't even have any this Solar system busting BS, Japanese version (believe me i am not joking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aldmGmAYSW0) has no destructive solar system busting.

Then i have question: Seriously do we expect Sephiroth of be SS buster if entire plot was to destroy Earth with meteor and Sephiroth is master of advanced illusions ? Sephiroth is basically like Misterio from Marvel/Spiderman FFH, master of illusions

BestSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blast stomps, but Sephiroth is way cooler especially with his epic battle theme:

Loading Video...

Ningenoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenamelessone: the wank is getting a bit out of hand here. The whole point was destroying earth with a meteor , but his tiny attack which is just happened to be called supernova is somehow thousand times stronger than a supernova? How does that make sense to you?

Ningenoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tagsorwhatever: the same Sephiroth who clashed (that is, did not insta stomp) with people who were harmed by bullets and fight with Shinra footsoldiers?

I sense massive highballing incoming. And no, I won't CAV because that is too much effort for something that should be obvious.

@huntercuistot: indeed.

And this

thenamelessone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ningenoid: @bestsuperman:

Fun fact FF7 remake doesn't even have any this Solar system busting BS, Japanese version (believe me i am not joking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aldmGmAYSW0) has no destructive solar system busting.

The Japanese version of Supernova and the English version of supernova are both completely seprated and treated as seprate Attacks from the guidebooks and the illustations of the attack , the Japanese version is more powerful as it states that the light of supernova's explosions burns lightly through the galaxy

Then i have question: Seriously do we expect Sephiroth of be SS buster if entire plot was to destroy Earth with meteor and Sephiroth is master of advanced illusions ? Sephiroth is basically like Misterio from Marvel/Spiderman FFH, master of illusions

utter and complete misinterpretation of the narrative of Final Fantasy VII , the narrative is Sephiroth wants to ursurp the lifestream to absorb it , the lifestream needs the meteor to be overpowered , nothing else.

the wank is getting a bit out of hand here. The whole point was destroying earth with a meteor , but his tiny attack which is just happened to be called supernova is somehow thousand times stronger than a supernova? How does that make sense to you?

his attack literally obilerate earth via mere expansion of the attack and let alone the supernova's overall explosion, not really tiny , and the intent is to ursurp the lifestream.

MCU-Defender333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MCU-Defender333

Was just reading a CAV with Sephiroth vs Yhwach and it had me laughing my ass off, apparently Sephiroth is a dimension cracking, MFTL galaxy buster.

This is what we call uber cherrypicking and fantasy.

Let's see, so I guess Cloud's omnislash must be galaxy level, Tifa's punches can do at least some damage to him so she's what...solar system level, maybe? Surely she could at least one shot the Earth. The idea of using a tiny animation from an in-game summoning as the basis for your entire argument and power scaling is ridiculous, especially when it is so blatantly at odds with the world building and core material/plot.

Meanwhile, Zack gets killed by bullets and an army of fodder soldiers and Sephiroth attacks Cloud by dropping a large building on his head in Advent Children- not throwing with TK, just dropping. Silly Sephiroth, didn't he realise that you need to be at least multi solar-system busting to harm Cloud? I'm not sure why Cloud even bothered deflecting any of the debris.

Joke tier thread.

MCU-Defender333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ningenoid: good point- I wonder why everyone was so afraid of a planet-busting meteor if they were all actually planet-level or above? Food for thought.

tagsorwhatever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcu-defender333:

: the same Sephiroth who clashed (that is, did not insta stomp) with people who were harmed by bullets and fight with Shinra footsoldiers?

ah the old Zack argument, no matter how many times one rips it apart , it keeps coming back

" muh Zack's death and other low ends "

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/827609610286006282/828363235245424660/Sledgeworm_from_FFVII_Remake_render.jpg

but to be completely honest with , I believe all weaponry in the entire Final Fantasy Verse is Supernatural

Shinra is a company that extracts Spirit Energy (commonly called Mako) to power their technology. Spirit Energy is what flows in the Lifestream, which is what houses all the different powers accessible through Materia, which includes, Magic, Commands, Summons and Support Effects. Shinra takes full advantage of this.

The company is constantly developing warfare technology and improving upon it. Among it's many divisions, the company has three particular departments of our interest here:

• Advanced Weaponry Division, led by Scarlet: As the name indicates, this division is in charge of developing Shinra's weaponry and war technology. This goes from the roboguardas and mechs such as the Airbuster and the Proud Clod, stationary weapons to guard important places like the SentryLaunchers and Sentry Rays, to the firearms and weapons used by Shinra's army.
  • Research and Development division, led by Hojo:
  • Public Security Forces (a fancy name for the army), led by Heidegger:

The weapons developed by the Weaponry Division at the very least, have to be useable by the members of other divisions of Shinra, which would include SOLDIER and the Turks.The First SOLDIERreveals that SOLDIER cadets do use firearms, but even if we put that aside and we consider that unit as strictly of swordsmen like it was seen until now, the Turks is a division that has all kinds of different fighting styles among its members, many of them specializing in firearms (even using a codename based on their weapon of choice), such as Emma (Gun), Freyra (Shotgun) and Ruluf (Two Guns). The weapons used by the Turks are even designed to be augmented with Materia an actual gameplay mechanic inBefore Crisis.

While Materia is usually associated with the science department, it's shown that the weaponry division and the SOLDIER department (latter appended by the Public Security Forces) were shown to produce their own Materia:Remakeshows Scarlett overseeing the creation of new Materia, while Crisis Core shows that SOLDIER had their own Materia laboratory (if I recall correctly, during the story, the researchers there lament to Zack that the lab was going to be shut down or moved to the Public Security Forces, but I can't find the proper cutscene and my own saves are past that point) and 1st Class members were expected to be able to create their own Materia via Materia Fusion, a mechanic Zack was an expert at.

the production and commercialization of artificial Materia, which essentially makes magic accessible to anyone who can buy it, development of mechs and machines designed for combat, which include the Airbuster, the Guard Scorpion/Scorpion Sentinel and the Prod Clod among others, the training and genetic procedure of the SOLDIER superhuman army program, the genetic engineering and production of monsters (which includes the dragons fought near Nibelheim), as well as the recruitment and training of the Turks, which are essentially their special agents in charge of delicate missions.

Essentially super Human with weaponry. Tthere actually is a good in-story reason for this one, not just plain scaling:

The Shinra Company actively develops and upgrades the weaponry their army uses to face the enemies of Shinra. Consider it for a bit, this is the same company that produces SOLDIER, Materia, trains the Turks, creates war mechs and has gone to war with people capable of giving trouble to that sort of technology either by having their own answers, Materia of their own, stealing their technology, etc. Specific scenarios include, for example, Scarlet upgrading her machines in order to hunt down the Player Turk when they were branded as traitors to Shinra, when the Player Turk was well above Ifrit’s level, or, another example, is sending the army to kill Zack, well knowing that Zack had defeated Angeal, Genesis and held his own against Sephiroth. Shinra essentially has the technology to develop super powerful entities and technology for their use, weaponizing the Mako they extract, so it would actually be less likely that said technology and power did not apply to their firearms, especially as they have had to deal with their own science and members turned against them in the past

past.

Now it may seem a bit crazy at first that everyone is so strong, but actually, everyone has good ways to actually have so much power, when considering the existence of Spirit Energy as well and how it works as essentially the Ki (Cosmo, Nen, Chakra, Reiki, Fuyoku, etc.) of the setting:

Will and Emotions in FF7

Tldr version is that spirit energy is an inverse universal energy system that is born from memories and emotions, that buffs all stats. The boosts from spiritual energy can be exponential, and most characters have access to this

it doesn't matter to me anyway , Zack's death was completely fated and thats why it happened

He is revealed to be FATED to die in the remake. When cloud kills the arbiters of fate, it seemingly changes events, which is later proven true when zack survives his encounter with shinra.(Whispers are even scene here, observing so everything goes as fated.)

so basically there are a lot of things playing a factor , like Destiny , Emotion , will and such and thus the characters are exactly as powerful as they need to be to do what they are doing , hope that explains it

Whispers/Feelers:An accretion of Whispers, the so-called arbiters of fate. The creatures appear when someone tries to alter destiny's course. They are connected to all the threads of time and space that shape the planet's fate.

- Final Fantasy VII Remake Analysis

.lol scared much?

tagsorwhatever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By tagsorwhatever

@mcu-defender333:

Was just reading a CAV with Sephiroth vs Yhwach and it had me laughing my ass off, apparently Sephiroth is a dimension cracking, MFTL galaxy buster.

oh so you're so scared you had to run into an old CAV to find counter arguments , lol don't worry , the most that would happen is you would be forced to retreat from the thread , which is already a habby for you

This is what we call uber cherrypicking and fantasy.

I wonder, can you debate beyond name calling or?

Let's see, so I guess Cloud's omnislash must be galaxy level,

Universal*

Tifa's punches can do at least some damage to him so she's what...solar system level, maybe? Surely she could at least one shot the Earth.

Tifa never hurt Sephiroth when he was trying to absolutely murder her.

The idea of using a tiny animation from an in-game summoning as the basis for your entire argument and power scaling is ridiculous, especially when it is so blatantly at odds with the world building and core material/plot.

the odds are just your personal headcanon

Meanwhile, Zack gets killed by bullets and an army of fodder soldiers

ripped to shreds above

and Sephiroth attacks Cloud by dropping a large building on his head in Advent Children- not throwing with TK, just dropping. Silly Sephiroth, didn't he realise that you need to be at least multi solar-system busting to harm Cloud? I'm not sure why Cloud even bothered deflecting any of the debris.

he clearly ripped it apart with Telekenesis , buildings don't just randomly come off and thats fight Choreography, like Toneri attacking Naruto with human sized boulders and Yama and Yuha attacking each other with tiles literally, more bad arguments.

Joke tier thread.

that explains your ability to counter it , you just don't like it and aren't even ready to move from your views.

BestSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ningenoid: @bestsuperman:

The Japanese version of Supernova and the English version of supernova are both completely seprated and treated as seprate Attacks from the guidebooks and the illustations of the attack , the Japanese version is more powerful as it states that the light of supernova's explosions burns lightly through the galaxy

So what is then FFVII remake ? Alternate timeline ? Is it anywhere confirmed ? Well every supernova burns through galaxy, because solar dust in matter of time reaches corners of galaxy (like 20000-80000 years or sth)

Guidebooks are about describing how to defeat boss, plan strategies or combos. They are not about feats descriptions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CharacterRant/comments/nrljia/dont_fucking_show_me_a_feat_from_a_strategy_guide/

THere is a thread showing how guidebooks are not reliable

utter and complete misinterpretation of the narrative of Final Fantasy VII , the narrative is Sephiroth wants to ursurp the lifestream to absorb it , the lifestream needs the meteor to be overpowered , nothing else.

So ? Meteor is still needed and Sephi all time desired to absorb life stream. Why are you modifying my words ?

the wank is getting a bit out of hand here. The whole point was destroying earth with a meteor , but his tiny attack which is just happened to be called supernova is somehow thousand times stronger than a supernova? How does that make sense to you?

his attack literally obilerate earth via mere expansion of the attack and let alone the supernova's overall explosion, not really tiny , and the intent is to ursurp the lifestream.

So Earth is again being obliterated every attack ? To me sounds like an illusion.

Or what if it is just teleporting to location where supernova is about to happen ? What if it is just uncontrollable summoning of meteor from random location which somehow hits the sun ?

Lool.

Btw i am toxic man so why do you reply ? Just to be assaulted again by my toxic behaviour, because you are that oversensitive for not approving guidebooks, novels and twitter ?

tagsorwhatever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ningenoid: good point- I wonder why everyone was so afraid of a planet-busting meteor if they were all actually planet-level or above? Food for thought.

oh the black materia?

" Muh Black Materia "

after having some thoughts on the black materia in general , what's wrong with the black materia meteor being universal at all? Its not a natural meteor as summoned via a magical black orb and the effect of it is not on a natural planet at all , but a planet which might be slightly sentient as its capable of hearing prays and such and the same planet with an extremely large pool of Spiritual Energy .

meteor obviously has relation to the one's spirit energy and power level in general

First of all, Aerith openly says that to use the Black Materia a massive amount of Spirit Energy is required, meaning it can't be just used by anybody. This is one of the reasons why Sephiroth needed for it to be delivered to him in the Northern Crater as that place was overflowing with Spirit Energy the Planet was using to heal the wound caused by Jenova's arrival 2000 years prior: he actually needed the external amount of power found specifically in that place to cast Meteor.

Meteor, despite looking less impressive than the Supernova is actually more powerful for a single reason, it was meant to overpower the Planet's Lifestream. The Planet thanks to the Lifestream, which is explained as the source of power for all magic,what grants the Spirit Energy to all living beings, which is what allows them to perform special moves and Limit Breaks with all their varied effects and what allows Summons to exist (at least according to early material. Mako = Spirit Energy, btw). The Lifestream is also on a cycleof becoming stronger since life began on itself each time a living being dies and gives back its life and knowledge to the current. Simply put, the reason why Sephiroth needed Meteor to create a wound on the Planet or had to resort to Geostigma to usurp it instead of shattering it with his own hands is because he could not overcome such massive power. Even in the novel, On the Way to a Smile - Episode Barret, penned by the game's Writter Kahuzige Nojima himself, Barret and Cid after having confronted Safer Sephiroth comment that the power the Lifestream manifested when it pushed back Meteor was something beyond anything they had ever seen .

thenamelessone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bestsuperman:

So what is then FFVII remake ? Alternate timeline ? Is it anywhere confirmed ? Well every supernova burns through galaxy, because solar dust in matter of time reaches corners of galaxy (like 20000-80000 years or sth)

Its pretty clear to any actual fan of Final Fantasy VII that the remake is related to time travel and defying the fate and natural order of things , and it shines brighly in the galaxy is implying its shininess and scope is visible next to the galaxy in the instant which is Multi solar system level

Guidebooks are about describing how to defeat boss, plan strategies or combos. They are not about feats descriptions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CharacterRant/comments/nrljia/dont_fucking_show_me_a_feat_from_a_strategy_guide/

not really relevant , I'm not pulling out, I'm pulling out the canon description of the games and the supernova move , the only canon description we have states its real and the illusionary bullshit is baseless.

So ? Meteor is still needed and Sephi all time desired to absorb life stream. Why are you modifying my words ?

like I explained , the meteor is concentrated and is related to the user's spiritual energy , its a spiritual energy based attack , not a natural meteor , its a spiritual energy based attack meant to overpower and outdo the Lifestream , there is no intended planet busting at work here but just ursurping the lifestream.

So Earth is again being obliterated every attack ? To me sounds like an illusion.

The Summoning animations and such take place in Alternate dimensions and not in the normal universe.

Or what if it is just teleporting to location where supernova is about to happen ? What if it is just uncontrollable summoning of meteor from random location which somehow hits the sun ?

none of this is substantiated , Sephiroth waves his hand , reality shatters away , we're in a dimension where we see a magical meteor one shot replicas of OUR planets and such with the Meteor and the meteor lands in the sun and causes massive supernova, nothing here is natiral remotely.

Btw i am toxic man so why do you reply ? Just to be assaulted again by my toxic behaviour, because you are that oversensitive for not approving guidebooks, novels and twitter ?

You are the one name calling people for having seprate takes on Polygons and I'm oversensitive? lmfao , the fact I'm still talking to you shows how unaffected I am by your behaviour , and I'm replying because I can't let you spread misinformation

RENEGADISM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sephiroth wins because of hax Blast has never encountered and won't be able to respond to. But I don't believe Sephiroth should ever be scaled above star level.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaperace said:

Funny how on screen feats are dismissed as "game mechanics". Probably a copium mechanism.

OT: Add Saitama, God and Garou, and Sephiroth still oneshots

BestSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bestsuperman:

Its pretty clear to any actual fan of Final Fantasy VII that the remake is related to time travel and defying the fate and natural order of things , and it shines brighly in the galaxy is implying its shininess and scope is visible next to the galaxy in the instant which is Multi solar system level

As i said every supernova outburst expells matter across galaxy. Not rocket science

not really relevant , I'm not pulling out, I'm pulling out the canon description of the games and the supernova move , the only canon description we have states its real and the illusionary bullshit is baseless.

So no proof guidebooks are canon. There is not even reference of guidebooks being part of lore. Guidebooks are about to help player in gameplay not to describe feats.

like I explained , the meteor is concentrated and is related to the user's spiritual energy , its a spiritual energy based attack , not a natural meteor , its a spiritual energy based attack meant to overpower and outdo the Lifestream , there is no intended planet busting at work here but just ursurping the lifestream.

Destroying planet it will be much easier to get access to this spiritual lifestream.

The Summoning animations and such take place in Alternate dimensions and not in the normal universe.

So Earth autoregenerates itself like every planet ?

none of this is substantiated , Sephiroth waves his hand , reality shatters away , we're in a dimension where we see a magical meteor one shot replicas of OUR planets and such with the Meteor and the meteor lands in the sun and causes massive supernova, nothing here is natiral remotely.

If you love so much those "most reliable" guidebooks, they imply Sephiroth is only summoning something. Yeah summon. If you summon something you don't need to powerscale to it like Doctor Strange who sumoned Shuma Gorath and there is a problem because he and avengers together combined cannot beat it. Same with Raven summoning Trigon to fight and problem is how to get rid off Trigon. Sephiroth could simply conjure portal of star busting meteor straight toward sun itself from very far away place without controlling it. If he could control it, just shot it directly at team not sun. More effective would be.

You are the one name calling people for having seprate takes on Polygons and I'm oversensitive? lmfao , the fact I'm still talking to you shows how unaffected I am by your behaviour , and I'm replying because I can't let you spread misinformation

Because you feel offended for me dissaproving twitter, novels, guidebooks.

Games >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> novels, books, comics, guides, artbooks based on the game.

MCU-Defender333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MCU-Defender333

@tagsorwhatever: that's it, I'm just far too scared of the guy who actually just claimed Cloud is universal.

And no, I 'ran' to an old CAV to check out Sephiroth's feats to save time here- I value my time, you see, rather than writing reams of nonsense as you have. Why would I run to a CAV with a different character to support Blast?

But you call this a win for you if you'd like, sounds like you may need it.

And LOL good to know Sephiroth never even tried to wound the planet with his supposedly galaxy level+ attacks, he just knew the planet was that strong. Do you not realise how ridiculous you sound?

I also wonder why Cloud and co use their little airships and bikes etc if they are LS+? Strikes me as a bit weird.

"They're only MFTL in combat"

Lol so they can't travel anywhere near LS? The whole game should have been over in minutes/hours, surely.

thenamelessone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bestsuperman:

As i said every supernova outburst expells matter across galaxy. Not rocket science

and as I said its relevant to the galaxy in size , not rocket science.

So no proof guidebooks are canon. There is not even reference of guidebooks being part of lore. Guidebooks are about to help player in gameplay not to describe feats

the guidebooks are canon as they are direct written text regarding the video games to give us context behind the world , gameplay as well as the story and how the powers are achieved in game and in world.

Destroying planet it will be much easier to get access to this spiritual lifestream

not really ,as already posted , the lifestream protects the planet from massive dangers like it came out to protect it from the Meteor.

Oh more Ad Nauseam , I said alternate dimension, not alternate planet or planet regeneration

If you love so much those "most reliable" guidebooks, they imply Sephiroth is only summoning something. Yeah summon. If you summon something you don't need to powerscale to it like Doctor Strange who sumoned Shuma Gorath and there is a problem because he and avengers together combined cannot beat it. Same with Raven summoning Trigon to fight and problem is how to get rid off Trigon. Sephiroth could simply conjure portal of star busting meteor straight toward sun itself from very far away place without controlling it. If he could control it, just shot it directly at team not sun. More effective would be.

not really , the meteor is guided in a way , its guided to specefically destroy the saturn ring and such , there is no portals at work , its telekenetically controled and Sephiroth slams that meteor into the supernova, supernova explans and explodes , again , not rocket science.

name calling ≠ disapproving , you're the offended one , not me.

Games >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> novels, books, comics, guides, artbooks based on the game.

but you used concept art which contradicted everything about the games while my arguments contradicted nothing in game.

Avatar image for deactivated-638039c74e081
deactivated-638039c74e081

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blast easily. You’ve got to really stretch the imagination to interpret FFVII this way. Major cherry picking and wild interpretations for a guy beat by a crew that struggles with regular henchmen. There’s a reason you don’t see the game mechanic related feats in the remake or the movie, and it’s because those things aren’t part of the creator’s intent for the power of the verse. And there’s massive evidence in the lore and world building to counteract this “galaxy stuff” but whatever lol. Obviously will fall on deaf ears. People really overrate game characters on here.

tagsorwhatever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By tagsorwhatever

@mcu-defender333:

that's it, I'm just far too scared of the guy who actually just claimed Cloud is universal.

Yea and thats why all you can do is ridicule , not actually debate , I get it , you're bad at it.

And no, I 'ran' to an old CAV to check out Sephiroth's feats to save time here- I value my time, you see, rather than writing reams of nonsense as you have. Why would I run to a CAV with a different character to support Blast?

Because you're trying to diminish the opposition of Blast so Blast can win.

But you call this a win for you if you'd like, sounds like you may need it.

Not really need it tbh , I expected more challenge but you're dossaponting in that regard , you talk very confidentally but when it comes to actually supporting it with your skill to debate.....eh

And LOL good to know Sephiroth never even tried to wound the planet with his supposedly galaxy level+ attacks, he just knew the planet was that strong. Do you not realise how ridiculous you sound?

again , he is trying to ursurp the lifestream , why destroy the planet? and he knows the power of lifestream because he literally fell into it, he needs a concentrated spiritual energy blast to overpower it aka the meteor.

I also wonder why Cloud and co use their little airships and bikes etc if they are LS+? Strikes me as a bit weird.

*MFTL+ , and same reason Dante uses bikes to move when he statues lightning speed demons , a dynamic and non repititve product is required.

Lol so they can't travel anywhere near LS? The whole game should have been over in minutes/hours, surely

they can but thats not how fiction works lmao , you expect Kratos end the entire GoW4 plot by moving MFTL and reach the peak? lol

tagsorwhatever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grimangel:

Blast easily.

not even close.

You’ve got to really stretch the imagination to interpret FFVII this way.

not really , all you've to do is take a look at the onscreen feats and actual facts , as far as one can move beyond their preconcieved notions.

Major cherry picking and wild interpretations for a guy beat by a crew that struggles with regular henchmen.

FFVII has an entire concept of how powers are related to mental state and what the characters are trying to achieve which explains away any and every anti feat.

There’s a reason you don’t see the game mechanic related feats in the remake or the movie, and it’s because those things aren’t part of the creator’s intent for the power of the verse.

not really , if it wasn't the intent it wouldn't get incorporated into the game at all , on top of us we literally seeing these apparently non canon video game mechanics getting entire pages of explaination in the guides , is the text non canon too now?

And there’s massive evidence in the lore and world building to counteract this “galaxy stuff” but whatever lol. Obviously will fall on deaf ears.

obviously you need to categorize anyone who disagrees as deaf ears , ad hom is a good path to Copium

People really overrate game characters on here

lets CAV it then , I will use two game characters , you use saitama and garou and lets see how that goes.

MCU-Defender333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tagsorwhatever: they don't because they can't, and lmfao at 'super Shinra bullets'.

Seeing you cry about 'copium' and trying to blame PIS/'thAt's hOW ficTIoN woRkS!' is just sad to read.

The fact that one or two on this thread are unironically suggesting that Cloud is universal is enough for any logical person not to wade into the FFVII fandom cesspit this thread has become. Had no idea the fandom was this bad, might be worse than any of the HST ones- at least they have some feats.

Don't you or anyone else bother tagging me again until you can show me an on-panel statement of Sephiroth travelling FTL, or an explicit statement as such, or of Sephy nuking a galaxy in base. Until then, you're just rambling.

tagsorwhatever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By tagsorwhatever

@mcu-defender333:

they don't because they can't, and lmfao at 'super Shinra bullets'.

Nobody commented on super Shinra bullets , more fanfiction I see? Sad , insaid spiritual energy.

Seeing you cry about 'copium' and trying to blame PIS/'thAt's hOW ficTIoN woRkS!' is just sad to read.

everything you type is sad to read because you don't even come close to recongnition or comprehensing.

The fact that one or two on this thread are unironically suggesting that Cloud is universal is enough for any logical person not to wade into the FFVII fandom cesspit this thread has become.

translation - I don't have any real counter arguments beyond ridiculing and insulting and calling debaters cesspit.

Had no idea the fandom was this bad, might be worse than any of the HST ones- at least they have some feats.

feats are posted , you're just not ready to move beyond your preconcieved notions.

Don't you or anyone else bother tagging me again until you can show me an on-panel statement of Sephiroth travelling FTL, or an explicit statement as such, or of Sephy nuking a galaxy in base. Until then, you're just rambling.

Ok I will post it right here.

as established above , Sephiroth is the Strongest being in the Final Fantasy VIII universe and thus is superior to beings like The Knight of The Rounds

as we see here , The Knight of the rings with their physical strength shatter the entire Dimension like small shards of glass , spatial destruction is there as well and thus Sephiroth Gets Spatial Destruction for his normal attacks but what exactly happened?

Final Fantasy VII: Ultimania Omega (2002) Translation of the last 6 panels。
Final Fantasy VII: Ultimania Omega (2002) Translation of the last 6 panels。

Kei yami no kanata de terute ita hikari ga tsuyoku nari, āsā-ō ga tōjō.

The light shining beyond the darkness became stronger, and King Arthur appeared

Kao zentai o ōu kabuto kara wazuka ni nozoku me o hikaraseta nochi.

After keeping a close eye on the helmet that covers the entire face.

Shinku no manto o hiroge, ryōte de seiken ekusukaribā o furikazasu.

Spread the crimson cloak and shake the Holy Sword Excalibur with both hands.

Ekusukaribā o gōkai ni furi oroshi, entaku no kishi-tachi no renzoku kōgeki o shimekukuru āsā-ō.

King Arthur swings the Excalibur vigorously and finishes the continuous attack of the knights of the round table.

Ekusukaribā no shōgekiha ga hirogari, kūkan ni hibi ga haitte ku.

The shock wave of Excalibur spreads and the space cracks.

Kūkan ga komaka wari kure, jigen no hazama ga shōmetsu suru.

The space is broken up and the gaps between dimensions disappear.

so what happens is King arthur swings the Excalibur , produces a shockwave that shatters the entire Dimension like glass , and the glass expands in a Multi galaxy - universal Dimension near instantly , THE FEAT IS SHATTERING AN ATLEAST MULTI GALAXY SIZE DIMENSION POTENTIALLY UNIVERSAL IN A MATTER OF 2 SECONDS ( i counted ) WITH A SINGLE STRIKE THAT CAUSED A SHOCKWAVE

and these guys are like , fodder in comparasion to Sephiroth. and if you don't notice there are a lot of galaxies here

now we move onto the supernova

first of all , I wanna make it clear that whats happening here is that Sephiroth is making an universe which is point by point the same as ours

basically whats happening is Sephiroth casually create a replica of the universe and then casts this to destroy the universe , sending them back to the OG which he cannot afford to destroy as it would destroy lifestream which he wants to absorb and manipulate

No Caption Provided

sūpānovua

i jigen kūkan o mo hakai shi zetsubō o okuru:

Super Nova

Destroy different dimension space and give despair

The Supernova will destroy the dimensional space and bring despair

this is the most blunt Universal feat you can find

EstrellaDeLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now we're to the point you get called a cess-pit over arguing a game character at a certain lv, omg brah I am ded.

reaperace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By reaperace  Moderator

@mcu-defender333: Warning for insults. either debate in good faith or refrain yourself from posting just to antagonize.

MCU-Defender333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MCU-Defender333

@tagsorwhatever: so a game mechanic cutscene with an accompanying commentary from someone with half a brain? And where's the combat speed?

Oh well.

And my 'preconceptions' are based on having played and completed the FFVII games and watched the accompanying anime series and Advent Children- the idea that Cloud and co are all galaxy/universe busters should be laughable to anyone, but here we are.

Keep riding outliers, I understand you love your Sephy.

MCU-Defender333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaperace: I can't help people who obviously don't understand what outliers are. If Naruto destroyed a galaxy with a rasengan in a ninja storm game he'd probably accept that as fine.

BestSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bestsuperman:

and as I said its relevant to the galaxy in size , not rocket science.

Yeah ? Your point is ?

So no proof guidebooks are canon. There is not even reference of guidebooks being part of lore. Guidebooks are about to help player in gameplay not to describe feats

the guidebooks are canon as they are direct written text regarding the video games to give us context behind the world , gameplay as well as the story and how the powers are achieved in game and in world.

So no canon, because guidebooks aren't even refernced in lore as some kind of tips in book journals. Guidebooks are in general are to help in gameplay not in lore or feats. Lore can be interpreuted in various way by every writer.

No i won't accept guides, artbooks, novels not even to verses i am stan of like DC shows/movies or games i love like Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Bayonetta (generally nintendo games)

Destroying planet it will be much easier to get access to this spiritual lifestream

not really ,as already posted , the lifestream protects the planet from massive dangers like it came out to protect it from the Meteor.

So any feats for this lifestream ? Ok i understand lifestream acts like force field and how strong this force field was ?

Oh more Ad Nauseam , I said alternate dimension, not alternate planet or planet regeneration

You failed to prove me why Sephi can perform supernova attack relentlessly while we see Earth being obliterate again and again. This proves more of an illusion thing.

not really , the meteor is guided in a way , its guided to specefically destroy the saturn ring and such , there is no portals at work , its telekenetically controled and Sephiroth slams that meteor into the supernova, supernova explans and explodes , again , not rocket science.

I know it's not rocket science. Why meteor rushing force must be slightly stopped by Pluto, Saturn's rings and Jupiter ? He cannot just direct is straight to the team to kill them ? Make more convincing argument. Why does he summon it from so far distance ? One-Winged can summon this meteor of star lvl Attack Potency, but cannot just summon nearest star light years away ?

name calling ≠ disapproving , you're the offended one , not me.

You called me toxic, so i must had offended your personal feelings it seems before.

but you used concept art which contradicted everything about the games while my arguments contradicted nothing in game.

I made you taste your own medicine (idk did i use well this idiom, english is not my first language). Twitter vs novels vs guides vs concept arts.

I have sone the same thing when MCU fanboys like Eredin or Rajjar called me out about Arishem's "big bang" feat so i retaliated with DCEU/CW artbooks, WoG. I made them taste own medicine, but didn't continue, because how can you beat stubborn fanboys. Then i find DCEU/CW artbooks/guides stupid when it comes to feats like "Uru busting" (according to guide wank) hela's sword and same swords got obliterated by normal guns from texas.

It seems conversation goes to nowhere so let accept each other's opinions shall we ? We don't have to be like discord minions who are persistent and offensive to anyone who disapprove powerscaling (like Discord's DMC and Dragon Ball fanboys)

reaperace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 reaperace  Moderator

@reaperace: I can't help people who obviously don't understand what outliers are. If Naruto destroyed a galaxy with a rasengan in a ninja storm game he'd probably accept that as fine.

So you insult people you can't help? thank god you are not part of the Make-A-Wish foundation.

RENEGADISM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, on second thought, since it seems like we are assuming Sephiroth has nothing in his arsenal other than Supernova, there might be more to discuss.

Blast should have more than enough time to blitz before it goes off. The same can be said for Garou or Saitama, the latter of which only has to swing.

MCU-Defender333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaperace: thank God this is a discussion about who'd win in a fight between two fictional characters and not a charity, huh?

But I'm more than happy to leave this here. I retract any statement deemed offensive.

EstrellaDeLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By EstrellaDeLeon

@renegadism: Issue is that even excluding Sephiroth's feats, he still possess an immortality reliant on the existence of the Life-Stream, a place that exists outside the physical universe, and the "memories" of his existence.

Excluding the fact Sephiroth nuked a star on panel(and a dimension with galaxies inside shown on screen), and tanked his own Super Nova(only counter to it being the Super Nova itself being called an illusion with no evidence whatsoever, but moreso the confirmed notion that beings in FF can create their own dimensional space in which they act instead of the normal universe, leaving the latter undamaged, debunks it being "fake"), which is above any combative feat from Blast...why doesn't Blast get just haxed to death?

tagsorwhatever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcu-defender333:

so a game mechanic cutscene with an accompanying commentary from someone with half a brain? And where's the combat speed?

your calling the guidebook writer someone with half a brain? chill dude chill lmao

Oh well.

ok

And my 'preconceptions' are based on having played and completed the FFVII games and watched the accompanying anime series and Advent Children- the idea that Cloud and co are all galaxy/universe busters should be laughable to anyone, but here we are.

Nobody is claiming Tifa is galaxy or universe level , only cloud and Sephiroth

Keep riding outliers, I understand you love your Sephy

stay humble.

reaperace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 reaperace  Moderator

@mcu-defender333: You insulted someone because "you can't help him", unless the user is also a fictional character your reasoning is flawed.

reaperace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By reaperace  Moderator
@mcu-defender333 said:

@reaperace: thank God this is a discussion about who'd win in a fight between two fictional characters and not a charity, huh?

But I'm more than happy to leave this here. I retract any statement deemed offensive.

You insulted someone because "you can't help them", unless the user is also a fictional character your reasoning is flawed.

RENEGADISM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@estrelladeleon: That is exactly what I said the first time.

I have a problem with people who debate Sephiroth in that despite their knowledge and dedication to the character, they insist on dying on the Supernova hill over and over again like they have been doing for, arguably, coming up twenty years.

There is a spell in FF7 base game called Death. Like it says on the tin, it immediately kills the target. It is low accuracy, but in any hypothetical where Sephiroth's opposition doesn't speed tie with him or is faster than him, why would he go through the trouble and wind up period of firing Supernova when he could just do this?

In FF7R we see him throw tremendous buildings around just by pointing his finger. If he outstats his opponent significantly, why wouldn't he just telekinetically twist their head off like a bottlecap?

He is a JRPG boss. I think that focusing solely on Supernova and its AP and going in circles with disagreeing parties about that in particular is doing a disservice to the character who 8/10 times has a much better answer to his opponent. Like transmuting them into a frog and thus sealing their abilities. Even in a bloodlusted situation, I do not find it feasible that Sephiroth would instantly open the fight with his strongest attack just to kill some goofy looking rando.

It's like saying that Spirit Bomb is the only thing Goku can do.

As an aside, there seems to be a perception that Supernova goes off like a gunshot with however much AP that everyone thinks it has, and without me talking about how I don't feel like anything above Star is appropriate anyway, the animations suggest it does not work this way. It has a windup time. There is a window of time in which his opponent can act. Death, Pale Horse, Frog, Break etc. do not have this drawback.

With what you have mentioned, no, Blast can't do anything to him still. But I can make the argument that within that small window of time, someone like Saitama can get a hit in. That's all really.

MCU-Defender333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tagsorwhatever: I wonder if he's related to the same dude who writes the Naruto databooks? You know, 'omnipotent Kakashi', Temari blowing away 'all things in the universe' with her fan, etc.

Maybe a family business, who knows.

I'll try to stay humble, same to you.

EstrellaDeLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renegadism:

That is exactly what I said the first time.

That first time was a correct analysis, indeed.

I have a problem with people who debate Sephiroth in that despite their knowledge and dedication to the character, they insist on dying on the Supernova hill over and over again like they have been doing for, arguably, coming up twenty years.

He doesn't even need Super Nova honestly, hax alone helps him beat most characters far above his own tier.

There is a spell in FF7 base game called Death. Like it says on the tin, it immediately kills the target. It is low accuracy, but in any hypothetical where Sephiroth's opposition doesn't speed tie with him or is faster than him, why would he go through the trouble and wind up period of firing Supernova when he could just do this?

Indeed, or he could just mind control Blast, considering he can also do that. He could also absorb Blast into the Life-Stream, and in that case speed wouldn't even matter, as the concept of time isn't even relevant in such a plane of existence. Or other spells, capable of targeting even electrons of all things, thus attacks on a sub atomic level. Intangibility, time slow/stop, and far more.

In FF7R we see him throw tremendous buildings around just by pointing his finger. If he outstats his opponent significantly, why wouldn't he just telekinetically twist their head off like a bottlecap?

That's why I think he merely kills Blast with one of the many hax at his disposal, as Super Nova is an overkill.

He is a JRPG boss. I think that focusing solely on Supernova and its AP and going in circles with disagreeing parties about that in particular is doing a disservice to the character who 8/10 times has a much better answer to his opponent. Like transmuting them into a frog and thus sealing their abilities. Even in a bloodlusted situation, I do not find it feasible that Sephiroth would instantly open the fight with his strongest attack just to kill some goofy looking rando.

Everything fine here, I actually agree.

As an aside, there seems to be a perception that Supernova goes off like a gunshot with however much AP that everyone thinks it has, and without me talking about how I don't feel like anything above Star is appropriate anyway, the animations suggest it does not work this way. It has a windup time. There is a window of time in which his opponent can act. Death, Pale Horse, Frog, Break etc. do not have this drawback.

Everything fine here. Hax is always a more easy solution. I doubt he would start with a Super Nova to begin with, it's an ultimate move.

With what you have mentioned, no, Blast can't do anything to him still. But I can make the argument that within that small window of time, someone like Saitama can get a hit in. That's all really.

That's fair enough, although I very much doubt Saitama would be capable of putting him down, or even blitzing. Even Bahamut Fury can cross the distance between Neptune and the Earth, in seconds at most. I find it unlikely Sephiroth would be blitzed by such degrees of speed.